• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5

About Zoho Invoice

Send invoices for projects and customer expenses, receive payment and track the overall health of your business quickly and efficiently

Learn more about Zoho Invoice

Julieanne G.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2020

"Great value"

Comments: Overall I love Zoho Invoice simply because of how effectively they automate the process of sending invoices and collecting payment. It saves me so much time every month and is worth every penny.

Pros: I needed an invoicing system that could send recurring invoices. I was spending too much time every month manually creating invoices, and would often send them out late, which meant I'd get paid late. Of all the options I researched (there were a lot) Zoho had the most features for the lowest price. Set up was easy, and they keep adding new features that are included with my subscription. They even have automatic reminder emails you can have sent to clients who are late in paying. This happens so often in my industry, that this feature has actually helped me collect my payments faster, without me having to spend time trying to get paid. I also love that as my business grows, Zoho has so many other products that I could add to my Zoho dashboard. I've also noticed that most of the other 3rd party programs I use have options to connect to Zoho.

Cons: Their customer support is a bit slow. There's a new feature they've rolled out that I'd like to use, but there's not much documentation about it. I reached out a few days ago for help and still haven't heard back. It would be nice if step by step instructions were easy to find for their new features.

by Zoho on 29/02/2020

Hi Julieanne,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We're glad to hear you were able to streamline your invoicing and payment collection processes.

Regarding your feedback on the documentation, it would be very helpful if you could share more details. Please feel free to drop an email to [email protected]

The Zoho Invoice Team

• Reviewed on 02/02/2020
Karen F.
Salesforce/Project Manager Consultant
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2020

"Zoho Invoice saves time and keeps track of your business"

Comments: Since I started using it I can keep track of my invoices, the aging and what I am earning by client, industry and quarter.

Pros: I like how easy it is to create and deliver an invoice and manage payments. It allows me to track expenses and hours billed.

Cons: One thing I would improve on is the email templates. The invoices look great and then you send it and the HTML looks like one of those spam emails.

by Zoho on 05/02/2021

Hi Karen,

Thanks for taking the time to review us! We're glad to know Zoho Invoice helps you keep track of your invoices as well as expenses :)

Regarding the email templates, we'd love to know more about your feedback and work with you. Feel free to reach out to [email protected] so that we can discuss.

Cheers,
The Zoho Invoice Team

• Reviewed on 13/12/2020
Nicholas T.
Director Of Operations
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2019

"good software - some useful features"

Comments: Overall it got the job done with creating invoices but we ultimately cancelled the subscription. It was too expnesive for what it was and we just started doing invoices through Word or Excel. If you have the entire suite I could see why some businesses love and succeed with Zoho.

Pros: we used this software mostly to create intercompany and corporate invoices to vendors. I liked how you can set them up on a recurring basis, customize recipients and the look of the invoice and that you could access on your mobile device.

Cons: didn't integrate with our main accounting software so it was a lot of double entry. I also didn't like how every part of Zoho was a different section and product and price. For just Zoho invoice it was expensive and confusing for some users, being unable to use other parts of the system

by Zoho on 28/10/2019

Dear Nicholas,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.

We understand that you felt the product to be expensive and that some of your users found it could be more intuitive. Sorry about that. If you are ready to give us a chance, we are happy to schedule a call, know your requirements and suggest the best plan.

We believe the import/export functionalities and our REST APIs could help you with pushing the data to your accounting platform. Just drop an email to [email protected] and we shall get in touch with you.

We would love to have you back with us!

The Zoho Invoice team

• Reviewed on 03/10/2019
Dale L.
Principal and Owner
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2018

"I just switched from the "improved" FreshBooks to Zoho Invoice."

Comments: It meets most of my invoicing and time tracking needs, and at an over 50% reduction in monthly costs.

Pros: My small consulting firm has used Freshbooks for a couple of years. Recently they "upgraded" their product and I lost very basic functionality that I relied on day-to-day. While not perfect, Zoho Invoice provides most of that functionality and at an over 50% drop in price. I really like the previous FreshBooks solution, and would have eagerly embraced the new, but you cannot release a new version that supports so much less functionality that the last. OK, off that soap box. Zoho Invoice so far seems easy to use, with a few caveats I will spell out in the next section. The customization is great (almost, but not quite, to a fault). Some of what I consider basic functions for a consulting environment are available. Including the expense receipt images on the PDF invoice (HELLO FRESHBOOKS!!!) are very simple.

Cons: Three things. But keep in mind that even with these three things I find Zoho Invoice better suited to my needs over my current solution; Provide the option to include the expense date on the invoice!!!!! This is very basic and very needed. I see from reviews that people have been asking for this for several years. Provide a field for expense vendor. Sure I can setup a custom field, but when you get to the invoice you cannot access custom fields at the detail level. Provider the option to include the expense author on the invoice. I usually have two to three of us on an engagement all entering expenses for travel, lodging, meals, etc. By including the author, the client can easily see from whom the expense is coming from. To get around these shortcomings, I have my group enter expenses in a very specific way that includes these information in the notes field. Not optimal, but still works.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2018
Andy J.
Designer
Graphic Design, Self Employed

"Mr"

Comments: Zoho Invoice provides a full-featured accounting tool for self-employed service professionals who don't need to manage bank accounts or balance sheet assets. If you sell your time or sell (or resell) products you create and don't need an inventory system, Zoho Invoice is nearly perfect.

Pros: Practically everything is so well-thought out. Zoho Invoice is everything a self-employed person or entrepreneur needs to manage contacts, quotes, invoices, receivables and expenses. It even has robust support for time billing (projects, tasks, etc.), sales tax, recurring invoices, and even multiple currencies (I just need USD, but the capability is there). Zoho Invoice is the almost perfect accounting tool I need to track income and expenses. When my data is entered and up to date, getting my data to my accountant for income tax prep is as simple as exporting two spreadsheets.

Cons: The expense feature set includes the ability to track mileage. This feature is represented well on the iOS app, but in order to enter a mileage record with an odometer reading, the system requires both a beginning value and an ending value at the same time. This really doesn't work. I would have to note my beginning mileage then enter it along with the ending mileage at the end of the business trip. As such, I use a standalone mileage app called MileBug.

Harshad P.
Web Designer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/09/2019

"Invoicing in Your Hand"

Comments: A Perfect Billing/Invoicing Solution For Startup & Mid Range Business.
Daily I Use This Application For Billing.
I Can Manage All My Cusotmers Billing & Payment Details on My Mobile.

Pros: Main feature is software is cloud baised, so you can access it anywhere like mobile, tablet, desktop and laptop.
You can generate invoice for your customers in just 10-15 second that is bigest advantage of this application and they also provide free version with limited access so anyone check its features and then can buy.

Cons: i dont find any issue with this application, only new user will takes some time to understand its functionality.

by Zoho on 05/11/2019

Hello Harshad,

Thanks a ton for the review!

We feel excited to know that you are able to handle invoicing on the go using Zoho Invoice. Since we are now gathering feedback from users regarding their invoicing experience using the mobile app, feel free to drop an email to [email protected] with the details of the app you use (Android/iOS).

We look forward to hear from you!

• Reviewed on 22/09/2019
Randeep K.
Digital HR manager
Mining & Metals, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2018

"Zoho invoice assists in sending invoices, receiving payments and provides reminders about pending payments."

Pros: For a startup company, safeguarding finances and using it wisely is of great importance for the survival of the company. The features Zoho invoice provide are simply worthy as compared to its price. It is so easy to maintain invoices, receivables, expenses and many others. One of its prominent is the multiple currency feature. And as far as personalization is concerned, they have made custom templates highly personalized. All in all, it is a must-have application for startups.

Cons: The app seems to be biased towards iOS more than Android. It works better on Apple devices as compared to Android devices. Also adding a feature, wherein one could know if the client has opened the email about payment would be quite good as it would remove any unwanted friction.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2018
Gabriel M.
Junior Graphic Designer
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/07/2018

"Very sleek and simple, but is it worth the price?"

Pros: What I absolutely love about this product is the simplicity of the interface, and the ease of which I can customize my invoices and organize my clients. Its really nice to be able to have everything you need to invoice all in one central location. (address book, invoice editor, payment organization and tracking, etc) I also love that the interface itself changes based on your personal branding, and that it incorporates that into your invoices, so that your clients see something cohesive and professional (once they open the email attachments) without you having to do much work behind the scenes to make it happen.

Cons: It is definitely handy to have all of your tools in one place, however all of those things I could also do myself almost as easily. This app saves you time setting up for sure, but once you have your own templates in other editing software such as InDesign or Microsoft word, it makes this platform almost obsolete. The advantage of having a central location is almost not worth the price, and I am thinking of just going back to doing my own work. I am also not a fan of the emails that get sent to my clients with Zoho branding (they see my branding and invoice after clicking to open a link, which is a bit redundant). I would like to see this app step up their game with something a little more innovative to make the price worth it, or reduce the price of the software. It's just not worth it by my standards.

• Reviewed on 05/07/2018
Gregor J.
Employee

"Zoho Invoice is great!"

Comments: We tried many other solutions, but Zoho Invoice is most suitable to us.
We like function Recurring Invoices which save us much time, as we send
few 100 invoices per month. Create a new invoices is quick and easy.
Also, using Reports give us great insight on how our business is doing.
Zoho Invoice really is right decision. We recommend!

Pros: - recurring invoices
- invoice/email templates
- reports
- reminders

Cons: We have a law that requests that all invoices has to be send to our country (TAX department).
Thats why we cant use Zoho Invoice for cash transactions, only for wire/bank transactions.
I would *really* love if we could somehow connect Zoho Invoice with FURS (http://www.fu.gov.si/en/)

Robbie A.
Co-Founder
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2019

"Great free option if you only bill in one currency for a couple of clients."

Comments: Generally been very happy with it for what I needed it for, billing a couple of clients in Euros.

Pros: It's free. Once set up, it's pretty easy to use. Professional looking invoices. Nice way to keep track of all expenses and payments.

Cons: Not really possible to bill in different currencies to a client. Have to just choose one and stick with it.

by Zoho on 28/10/2019

Dear Robbie,

Thanks for reviewing us.

While it's not [yet] possible to bill the same customer in multiple currencies, you can clone the customer and save it with a different currency. This could serve as a workaround for now.

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to [email protected]

The Zoho Invoice team

• Reviewed on 14/10/2019
Doriangel M.
Analista de la Unidad Casos de Salud
  • Reviewed on 03/07/2018

"This company has a lot to give with its software, Zoho Invoice is a great business solution"

Comments: Zoho Invoice is an exceptional software for those companies with the need to issue invoices and budgets. Its use is quite easy and can be learned by anyone with knowledge in the billing area. I recommend this program.

Pros: When we started to explore the products that Zoho has to offer, among them we found one of the most valuable tools that we currently use in our Management, Zoho Invoice, a software that is easy to use and of great value for our workforce. The most outstanding feature we find of Zoho Invoice is to make invoices and budgets quite easily, adapting to the standards of our country by reason of taxes, unit prices, global prices, and printing personalization of invoices as company stamps, space for wet selos, digital signatures and other benefits that make it a fundamental tool in our workspace.

Cons: Like Zoho Social, this software requires an optimal internet to perform its functions to the fullest, product of the power deficiency of the internet in my region, sometimes Zoho Invoice does not work in the best way.

• Reviewed on 03/07/2018
Tony Y.
IT Manager
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2019

"Easy to create beautiful invoices"

Pros: 1. Cost effective way to create invoices
2. Invoices and quotes can be templated and customized to liking.
3. Web based access from anywhere.
4. Integration with credit card processors, Paypal and Wepay

Cons: 1. Not much complaints. Works fine for us. Cost is reasonable.

• Reviewed on 20/02/2019
Co Founder
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2018

"Awesome invoice software with integrated gst (For India)"

Pros: - Easy to create invoice and contact from the invoice
- Its updated with gst tax
- Makes job easy for freelancers and startup but for upto 5 customers after that we need to take subscriptions

Cons: - We can have upto 5 Contacts (Free)
- Usable for startups and Freelancers.
- No offline version available.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2018
Media and Content Developer
  • Reviewed on 05/09/2019

"Great Invoicing Tool Connected to CRM"

Comments: Zoho Invoice has, along with the other tools in Zoho Suite, done exactly what we've wanted it to do, and the integration with the other tools makes it invaluable to us. Invoicing along with our services (subscription and otherwise) is essential, and we need a trustworthy tool. This is it.

Pros: It is a simple tool, able to be connected to subscriptions, CRM, and any other Zoho Suite doc. It keeps our customers informed concerning billing, keeping their contact and payment info up to date, and provides a simple and convenient way to adjust everything.

Cons: This software has worked great for us. I will update if any further problems come along, but not so far.

by Zoho on 11/11/2019

Hey there,

Thanks a ton for the review!

We are so excited to know you like Zoho - not just the invoicing tool but the entire suite of apps! We wanted to build a powerful ecosystem with the front and back-offices connected. And it's nice to hear it back from our customers.

We would love to get in with you to learn more on your success story. I've sent along my contact information and you can shoot me an email if you are interested.

Cheers,

• Reviewed on 05/09/2019
Charles M.
ICT Consultant
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees

"Great Application"

Comments: This is definitely an app i would recommend to anyone. Try it, its worth it.
Easy to customize, setup and integration... works like a charm!

Pros: Easy to use, setup, integration, customization with templates, mobile app...

Cons: Adding fields to templates feature doesn't work anymore and its annoying.

Varun V.
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2016

"Perfect for my business"

Comments: I run a branding and digital marketing consultancy and we use Zoho for estimate and invoicing purposes. We used to go by traditional excel and word process before and we have to say that this is the best investment we did for our business. Documentation work just got so much easier to do and manage. Will definitely recommend to all business small and large, for the ease of use!

Pros: Ease of use
Customisation

Cons: Nothing in specific

Billy G.
  • Reviewed on 02/08/2018

"Best Freemium Invoice Offers Glidepath to Success!`"

Pros: Freemium is a great way to kick the tires or start small and grow into the full plan.
Good design.
Good reporting.
Good notifications.
Not a particularly steep learning curve (but there is a lot to explore and acquaint yourself with)
Good built-in customer communication like feedback, reminders, messages in invoice process.
Good payment options.

Cons: I have had issues with Google Authenticator when trying to use that as an added layer of security. Customer support was not able to resolve that, but there are other options that worked, so that's a minor issue for me.

• Reviewed on 02/08/2018
Rishabh G.

"We love ZOHO Invoice"

Comments: It's been more than 2 years and continue... We at iNFOTYKE, loving it. No matter I am in a meeting or travelling - I can quickly send estimates, invoices or pending receiving notes. Thank You Zoho. I love your iOS app with nice interface / UI. and.... I WILL CONTINUE USE. Highly Recommended.

Pros: User Interface
Functionality
Easy to handle
Secure

Cons: Graphs on iOS app (I am using iPhone 5S)

David S.
consultant
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees

"It always works"

Comments: it has paid for itself over and over for the times it was so simple and fast to just add a billable hour, that I would have otherwise forgotten to bill.

Pros: Simple, fast, works on every smartphone and type of computer. Paypal payments, integration with the web site for customer portal.

Cons: can't change the name of something after they are invoiced, for example, if the project was called "IT Consulting" and is now tied to one customer, it is hard to find later in a list of all projects. If it could be renamed to "Big Client IT Consulting" that would solve issue

Accountant & Business Analyst
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2018

"Zoho Invoice has been a lifesaver and worth every penny!"

Comments: Zoho Invoice has made invoicing clients much easier to do and to track.

Pros: I find Zoho Invoice to be very easy to use and intuitive. It is especially helpful that customers can pay through the link in the invoice and it will even post the payment against the invoice for you. The recurring invoices are very helpful too.

Cons: My only wish is that I could create a recurring invoice with a recurring payment that will automatically charge the client's credit card.

• Reviewed on 16/07/2018
Business Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2019

"Best tool for International invoicing"

Pros: The most important feature which I like is the branding ,you can put your own logo and customize invoices accordingly. Second most important feature which I like is integration with stripe and Paypal . We charge our international customer suing stripe and paypal and we just need to click button to send invoices along with link.

Cons: Not suited for low speed internet connections .

• Reviewed on 19/02/2019
Elisa S.
Insurance broker
Insurance, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2018

"Finances control"

Pros: I love having details of my clients' income. You can set costs for products and services and that helps to facilitate quotes and charges.

Cons: This software has helped me not to print more fisical invoices. No complains.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2018
Windy P.
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2019

"Okay-ish"

Pros: Its cheap if you just need a simple invoice system.

Cons: Its definitely not user friendly. If you're not a computer savvy then you better go to invoiced.com

• Reviewed on 07/05/2019
Harendra pratap S.
Project Listing, Projects Updation, Projects Publish on Social Media
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2017

"Zoho invoice is a amazing app for daily use"

Pros: Zoho is a very helpful app for shops keeper & all those who create a invoice in our daily life. this is amazingly creating a very beautiful invoices in very low time.

• Reviewed on 16/11/2017
Joyzen marie D.
general manager
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees

"EVERY BUSINESS NEEDS"

Comments: ordering makes easy, payment and budgeting, sales and invoicing all easy. I am very much satisfied. thank u so much

Pros: easy to use

Cons: sometimes network server error