15 years helping British businesses

About PetPocketbook

The #1 Pet Care Software. Automate billing, streamline scheduling, and stay organized, all in one app.

Learn more about PetPocketbook

Pros:

Customer support is fast and helpful. SO helpful in keeping track of my clients and invoicing.

Cons:

That would show me my real workload. New clients experienced issues with the software 'freezing.

PetPocketbook ratings

4.9
5.0
4.7
5.0

9.6/10

PetPocketbook has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars based on 82 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used PetPocketbook before?

Frances
Frances
Pet Care Professional in US

Excellent Business Management Software for Pet Care Professionals

Comments: It is a great option for pet care businesses that I feel will live up to higher expectations as updates are developed and become available.

Pros:

I love that it is a Boston-based company because it's important to me to support local. I really like that the PetPocketbook staff is pleasant and knowledgeable and personally helps you set up your business in the software by way of easily scheduled video meetings. They are also very easily reached by, and highly responsive to an up-front integrated email help portal which also includes an easily searchable and thorough FAQ section. I love that most everything can be personalized to your specific business. The interface is my favorite because of the functionality, color scheme, personalized pictures, & whimsical design. I also love having a centralized place through which to run my business and give my clients access to everything they could need to effectively interact with us. I like that it integrates well with Quickbooks. Finally, it comes at an excellent price point.

Cons:

The calendar cannot be integrated or exported to outside calendar apps. The app is still in beta and lacks a lot of functionality. The mobile version is also not as fully functional as the desktop version. I also hope to see more calendar view options than just the day-at-a-time option currently available. I also find that I do not receive notifications when someone messages so I have to check the software frequently for updates. I would also like to see an option to have staff schedule emailed and/or notifications alerting staff/clients of anything new and/or upcoming.

Whitney

Great business

5.0 last month New

Comments: Great, no complications of any type
Customer service is awesome and answerr questions right away

Pros:

Very easy to use and set up and transfer everything over. And the cost was amazing compared to anything else I was looking at. I did have employees before and there was no additional charge to add those to it. Which was very nice all the other companies. Made you pay per employee to use the program.

Cons:

Cant say anything negative i love it They continue to add new features

last month

Thank you for your support, Whitney!!!

Deana
Dog Walker in Canada
Performing Arts, Self Employed

Business changing

Comments: Incredible. So grateful that someone recommended PetPocket Book to me

Pros:

How much time it has saved me and how much more efficient it has made my company!

Cons:

It is becoming more and more efficient through my phone which is helpful. Sometimes I can’t always make it to my computer and there are things I can only really do through there.

Casey
Consumer Services, Self Employed

All Good Dogs LLC

Comments: Overall, its been a very positive experience so far using PPB. It has helped save me so much time and the PPB team is an absolute pleasure to work with!

Pros:

Having everything in one place is great! Scheduling in PetPocketbook is locked in. I was using Google calendar before and it's cut my scheduling time down a lot. PetPocketbook probably saves 2-3 hours a week on just scheduling alone. Before PetPocketbook I bounced between TD bank invoice system -- didn't like it. Then I went to Venmo but when tax season came around there were so many roadblocks. With PetPocketbook it's super easy especially with AutoPay and automatic tips too. I love that with the reporting dashboard I can go in and see stats and financials and really just have invoicing be automated.

Cons:

I've been using both the web app on my phone and the beta app. I use the beta app throughout the day as I'm doing visits but can't do admin stuff yet like last minute visit requests, so I tend to bounce around. I'm really looking forward to the app soon!

Sarah
Owner in Canada

Easy to use and manage

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I have clients that have used various different dog walking software and that Pet Pocketbook is the easiest and most straightforward to use.

Cons:

Overnight bookings look like dog walks in the schedule, but theyre working on it, so not many cons in my opinion.

last month

Thanks for your support Sarah! We're excited too about the new simplified overnights workflow that we'll be releasing in the coming months!

Catherine
Owner in Canada
Veterinary, 11–50 Employees

Extremely satisfied and pleased with our 1st choice

Comments: Extremely satisfied and most happy with our choice.
There are many companies offering similar platforms but It would be difficult to find one as intrinsically strong from all angles.

Pros:

[sensitive content hidden] initial approach was a determining factor. She travelled to CT to meet us in person. She is a smart, poised and amicable person. Their price structure was different than most other companies which worked well for us. The idea of growing a company assisted by a company who supports the same beliefs was also instrumental.

Cons:

I have zero criticism. They are available 24hrs a day and very quick at responding.

McKenna
Pet sitter in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Super simple and user friendly!

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I love how simple it is to schedule and invoice!

Cons:

The only thing i dislike about it is that there is no app for it yet!

last month

Thank you for your support, McKenna! Our app is out on an invite-only basis for businesses -- if you'd like to give it a try, just let us know! Our pet parent app is coming out later this year!!!

Terri
CEO in US

Absolutely Love!!

5.0 last month New

Pros:

The initial setup was a very smooth process. I loved that before the free trial starts, one of the team members walks you through everything and makes sure you're familiar with the platform.

Cons:

I was used to another platform before hand so it took a little bit of time to get used to PetPocketbook

last month

Thank you for your support, Terri!

Monica
Professional Pet Sitter in US
Consumer Services, Self Employed

I LOVE Pet Pocketbook!!!

5.0 last month New

Comments: It’s been so easy & helpful to use. The support from the small team is also unmatched.

Pros:

Easy to view, the setup is great & very functional.

Cons:

Only that the app is still being developed, but that takes time & I am more than willing to wait!!

2 weeks ago

Thanks for your support, Monica! We expect our pet parent out to be out in beta later this year!!!

Gary
2128, Self Employed

outstanding app

5.0 last month New

Comments: excellent if i ended up needing help ir havung questions the sipport team was quick and thorough to reply with helpful answers from the start

Pros:

how easy it is to use and the fact the designers literally thought of almost everything and every angle to help make jobs and billing gonsmoothly for both the caretaker and the client

Cons:

gps tracking could be better like show distance and route while the service is being performed and some clients want to see locations of each pee and poo spot on each walk and right now only 1 time option for a pee and/or a poop the entire service time

last month

Thank you for your support Gary! We actually just released live GPS tracking while service is in progress! Check it out!

Bob

PetPocketbook is Awesome!

Comments: I've been using PetPocketbook for 2 years now and it has vastly improved how I run my business for both myself and my clients. I can't imagine that there's a better way out there to do what I'm doing with it and I have no inclination to even check to see if I'm wrong.

Pros:

There are so many pros. The app and site are so easy to use for both the business owner and the clients. My wife and I run a daily doggie playgroup on weekdays. For a long time I didn't see the point in paying someone else to do all of the admin work that I could do myself. But a couple of years ago I decided to just start looking to see what was out there. I found PetPocketbook and it changed my life. Well, my business life anyway. The two main functions I was looking to streamline were scheduling and invoicing. Not only has PPB streamlined them for me, saving me hours per month, but they've also completely eliminated the possibility of human error on my end. Before I started using PPB, I was doing all of my scheduling by email and setting it up on an Excel spreadsheet. Customers would email us their requests and I would put them into the spreadsheet. Although it worked fine, it was additional work that was unnecessary and there was always the possibility of a mistake being made on my end. I might miss a request. I might put something in on the wrong date. I might accidentally delete something while I was doing something else. PPB eliminates human error for scheduling on my end. Customers put in their requests through the portal. I see them all and approve them, which adds them to the schedule. The new drag and drop feature makes it even easier and I can't make a mistake because it highlights the day to drop it on and if I accidentally drop it on a different day, it will tell me. Once I do that, the customer gets a notification that their request was approved. If a customer needs to cancel an appointment, they do it themselves. The appointment comes off my schedule and I get a notification that it was cancelled. In addition to eliminating mistakes on my end, it eliminates the possibility of miscommunication between myself and my client. We both get notifications whenever a change is made. I can also set up repeating appointments so that clients who use us on the same days every week don't have to worry about it unless they need to cancel. As for invoicing, I tried to keep it simple to save me time. I took all of the info off the spreadsheet every two weeks and sent it in an email to each client with basically just the totals for each week and the total balance for the two weeks combined. Now, not only is it all automated and I don't have to do anything, but the clients get a very detailed invoice. I set it up to auto invoice every two weeks and every two weeks all of my invoices get emailed to my customers at about 8am on Monday. It even sends me a reminder the night before if I have any open appointments on invoices that are getting ready to go out. It completely eliminates any possible invoicing errors on my end. Other features. I can customize appointments for each service I provide. I can customize rates for each service and even each client if I need to. I can send messages to my clients individually or in groups, eliminating emails and/or text messages. All communication goes through the portal. By being able to store all of my clients contact information in the database and contact them through it, I don't have to keep all of that info in my address book on my phone or computer. I can put in vaccination dates and it will send me reminders when I need clients to send me new vax records. It's very easy to input payments and keep track of client balances. By using the apps on our phones (or a mobile version of their website if preferred), my wife and I each have the list of dogs we are going to pick up. The option to check them off as they are picked up is available, although we don't use it. We do use the option to check them off as we drop them off. This checks them off the list so we know they're home, and even more importantly, it sends a notification to the client so they know their dog is home. There is a report card that can be filled out with notes if necessary, and I love that it uses GPS to track where the phone is when the dog is checked off the list. The report card/GPS combo eliminates the need to leave a paper note to inform the client that we were there. This is such a big bonus to me as I hated using paper notes, but didn't know of a better solution. Their customer service is fantastic. They are very responsive and get back to you in a timely manner. We don't have any employees, but if you do, this looks like it would handle everything you need to do with employees very well. It's just a fantastic tool for my business and I love it.

Cons:

If you are going to force me to find a con about this product, I would have to say... Nothing. Honestly. The money I spend on it is minimal and well worth the price. I would be willing to pay more for it, but don't tell them I said that. The few times I've had an issue, I just sent them a message and they got back to me very quickly with an answer that addressed it. One time it was user error on my end, one time it was me not understanding how something worked, and one time it was a glitch on their end that they fixed within hours. There are a couple of things that I would like it to do, but it's still pretty new and they're constantly improving it, so I imagine that they'll get to those things sooner than later, but I can always put in a request for something if I need to.

Gus
Office Manager in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Infinitely Helpful and Worthwhile!

Comments: Pet Pocketbook has expedited almost every aspect of working with new clients. Having all of their information in one place speeds up booking, but also allows our trainers and clients to exchange information in a central location. As the office manager, I am spending way less time prompting people for necessary information, since they are able to enter it themselves. Pet Pocketbook also makes our clients feel that their financial info and personal details are secure, which ups their trust in our company and services as a whole. The software has also enabled us to stay current with technology, something our core client base (Gen X-Millenials) appreciates and understands.

Pros:

The ability to organize client information and securely store financial information. The software is easy to use and has very few issues. The ability to add multiple appointments is very time saving. Even non-tech savvy clients can use the software with few issues.

Cons:

Some of the bulk editing options don't allow for what I need, but I've found ways around it. There's no option to require users to add a CC# before finishing the account set up. It's not always clear to our customers how to add profiles for their pets, so that requires extra time and emails explaining how to do it.

2 years ago

Thank you Gus! It's been so wonderful working with you, and looking forward to continuing to grow together in the years to come! And yes - we will be addressing the CC requirement for companies requiring it!

Chloe
Individual & Family Services, Self Employed

Wish I signed up for PetPocketbook years ago!

Comments: Invoicing has become infinitely easier for my business.

Pros:

It is easy to use, intuitive, and aesthetically pleasing.

Cons:

I wish there was an app instead of having to use it on browser.

last year

Thank you for your support, Chloe! If you'd like to give our beta app a try, just let us know and we can send you an invite!

Dawn
Veterinary, 11–50 Employees

Best software for petsitting companies

Comments: I could not have asked for a better program, we looked at many different softwares for this and compared it to Time to pet but the price was what really sold us! It has a lot of the same features and performs wonderfully but for an affordable monthly price even with 15 sitters on staff!

Pros:

Affordability is key for small businesses like petsitting and dogwalking and petpocketbook has provided a wonderful platform for scheduling clients and sitters with a very reasonable price!

Cons:

I have no complaints at all about this software other than I wish there were more features on the mobile side, which they are actually in the process of working on. They are constantly updating and adding more features and taking into account anything the customers would like to see!

8 months ago

Thank you for your support, Dawn!

JOEL
CEO in US
Veterinary, 2–10 Employees

Pet Pocketbook is a life saver!

Comments: The pet pocketbook staff is incredibly responsive and very easy to deal with. They are always able to solve our problems quickly. We have loved using them so far over these past three years.

Pros:

I am the owner of a dog walking and dog daycare companyIn New York City. Pet Pocketbook has been such a lifesaver for my business. My team and I use it daily to help stay organized and track our activities and services. The interface is seamless and super easy to use. Highly recommended!

Cons:

We would love to see an iPhone app function built, otherwise, we love everything about it.

3 years ago

Thanks for the review Joel!

Abbie

Amazing software!

Pros:

I love the PetPocketbook! It is made by individuals that know what pet care providers need! Support team is so helpful and responsive.

Cons:

Eagerly waiting for the app to avoid the system going back to the home page every time you click the shortcut.

3 years ago

Thanks for the review Abbie!

Georgia
Owner in Brazil
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Great company, fair price. Strongly recommend.

Comments: Very friendly staff/helpful support

Pros:

Petpocket has been great throughout our relationship. Onboarding was as seamless as can be and clients were happy with the features. Software is easy to use and cut hours off my invoicing routine.

Cons:

Nothing. Any feature we initially wanted has now been added.

3 years ago

Thanks for the review Georgia!

Sunny
Owner of Pet sitting business in US
Individual & Family Services, 2–10 Employees

Amazing!

Pros:

PetPocketbook checks off every single thing that I had on my list when looking for a site to handle on the go needs. You can’t beat the pricing, customer support, or the upgrades made more than monthly.

Cons:

I have no complaints. Petpocketbook has been an amazing tool for our business.

last year

Thank you so much for your support, Sunny! Excited to grow together! :)

Samantha
Owner/Operator in Canada

A Dog Walkers Best Friend

Comments: Pet Pocketbook has been such so incredibly helpful in managing my business. It takes care of almost everything besides the dog walking. I hesitate to share how great it is with others because I feel that it gives my business a competitive edge over the competition.

Pros:

I am so grateful for everything Pet Pocketbook does to keep me organized and to keep the business side of things running smoothly.

Cons:

If I could change anything I would have the ability to offer dog walks in certain locations or with particular walkers at set times to avoid bookings in different ends of town at the same time.

Grace

Excellent, Intuitive Scheduling Software for Pet Care Companies

Comments: The team at Pet Pocketbook has been super responsive and has taken our suggestions seriously. Some of them have already been implemented. They take a thoughtful approach which is reflected in the ease of use of this system.

Pros:

We love the simplicity and elegant design of this software. In particular we were looking for a product that would allow our clients, employees and office manager to communicate on the same platform. Additionally, the invoicing is fully automatic and mostly hands off. They have solved problems in unique ways.

Cons:

I find the typeface a little difficult to read which can be challenging with daily use. The tipping feature still needs to be built out more so we've needed to come up with a work around for that.

Cassady
Manager in US
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Great for business

Comments: The team behind PPB has been very attentive and the software itself is very easy to use. I’d recommend to any small business!

Pros:

It allows us to communicate with our staff and clients all in one place!

Cons:

My only request would be to allow services that do not have to be charged for, it would help our staff coordinate meetings and add any conflicting personal obligations.

3 years ago

Thanks for the review Cassady!

Terrance
Owner/Operator in US

A Great Easy Service

Comments: PetPocketbook allows me to streamline my day, week, month, year, life. And when taking care of pets, it can be a little hectic sometimes. So to have this as my baseline is reassuring and extremely helpful.

Pros:

I love how easy it was to set up. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] did a great job getting me up and going in no time all the while accommodating my schedule. It's extremely cost-effective and I love that my clients can set up autopay with a card.

Cons:

I really can't think of anything major. The ease of use is great. It's mobile friendly. I guess there are very very small UI/UX design inconsistencies on different pages of the settings. It is by no means an inconvenience as finding it is usually still extremely easy. But if I HAD to say one thing it'd be that.

3 years ago

So glad to hear that you're loving your experience! Thank you so much for your support!

Rebecca
Dog Walker and Pet Sitter in US
Individual & Family Services, Self Employed

Perfect Software for Pet Sitters!

Pros:

I love that all of my data is in one place, it makes scheduling clients and checking invoices so much easier! Choosing PetPocketBook was the best decision I made for my business! The team is great and always super helpful! They are always improving the site and app! I 100% recommend PetPocketBook to fellow pet sitters!! It’s also super affordable and the website/app are very intuitive!

Cons:

Nothing! Anything that isn’t perfect, they are always working on perfecting and value our opinions on how to improve!

marissa
Dog walker in US
Veterinary, 2–10 Employees

Petpocketbook has been a life saver

Comments: My business has run a lot smoother since getting Petpocketbook. Having them keep track of all my appointments, cancellations, and billing have saved me hours of work each night.

Pros:

I love being able to send our report cards to clients. Also I really enjoy that they total up all the money made from my business monthly and I’m able to check it online at any time.

Cons:

Very minimal/basic things that I would say are cons.

last year

Thank you so much for your support, Marissa! So excited to continue growing together in the years to come!

Maritza
Founder in France
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Made a drastic difference in my life!

Pros:

The online scheduling for me and my staff as well as being able to have all clients into one platform where bookings are able to be done directly on it.

Cons:

The app still slow or not fully functioning and sometimes the browser is not loading properly.