Filter by:

• Overall

About DoorLoop

DoorLoop is 50% off until 2022! Get a property management software with unlimited free training, support, migration & more.

Learn more about DoorLoop

Irving W.
Irving W.
Principal in US
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

The easiest and most affordable

5 last year

Pros:

Definitely the ease of use. Our last software took us months to figure out, and cost a fortune for training. After a few painful years, we finally made the switch because they didn't have certain features we wanted that doorloop offered. To say the software is easy to use is an understatement. We only needed two training sessions (an hour each), and felt like we were proficient enough to get going. What took months before, not only took a matter of days. It definitely took the pain out of migration and training.

Cons:

I'm still waiting for the Zapier integration to be fully connected with all the apps so we can start doing some automation with our other programs.

Elan N.
CEO in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees

Great

5 11 months ago

Pros:

Ease of use and simplicity. Able to accomplish all tasks in one platform

Cons:

Nothing. Everything in the system is great

Michael M.
Owner and Landlord in US

More than what I need

5 10 months ago

Pros:

Although I know I am not the typical customer, I use DL to manage a few of my personal investment rentals. I liked the automation aspect of the program. Since this isn’t my full-time job, I’m not able to be hands on all day and I needed a solution to automate as much as possible from rent collection, reminders, listings, lease renewals, and personal task reminders and deadlines. I don’t use all the bells and whistles but it gets the job done for what I’m looking for.

Cons:

There is A LOT this software offers and I hope to one day use more of it when I have the bandwidth.

Or S.
Or S.
Director of Operations in US

Exactly what I needed

5 last year

Pros:

How quick and easy it was to get onboarded and running. We had a project that just got acquired, and needed a PMS to organize everything from our tenants, leases, payments, and more. We didn’t have the time or energy to spend months mastering the more complicated programs in the market, so DoorLoop was the perfect fit.

Cons:

Nothing yet. So far, I am very pleased with the service.

Managing Partner in US
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

Automated my business and portfolio

5 last year

Pros:

The main reason we chose Doorloop is because we were spending too much time manually creating leases and renewals in microsoft word. Our staff was getting bogged down and couldn't keep up with the work so we urgently needed a program to help us automate as much as possible. Now we've setup templates and workflows to automate our leasing process, from sorting through our prospective tenants, to sending online calendars to schedule walkthroughs, to screening tenants, to renters insurance, and more. It's saved us a considerable amount of time so far.

Cons:

Not every single thing is able to be automated yet, but I put in some suggestions and it seems like it's moving in the right direction. Like everything else, setup takes a bit of time, but after it's all done, we are saving much more time and getting more work done with the same amount of staff.

Principal in US

Fast customer service

5 12 months ago

Comments: Can’t say enough great things about their software and support.

Pros:

This software has the best customer service than any other PMS I’ve worked with. I’ve used Yardi, AppFolio, and Buildium in previous companies, and I never had a great experience when I needed help. Sure, they would answer my questions, but it could take anywhere from a few hours to days. With doorloop, it’s not unusual to get an answer within minutes. These are also American English speaking reps that are in the same timezone as us. Even though they don’t offer support on weekends, they still respond to my tickets if it’s important.

Cons:

Although it’s a good security feature, I don’t want to always have to login with a code sent to my phone. I wish the industry in general came up with an easier method (webcam face recognition?).

David E.
Owner in Canada

Great for commercial properties

5 10 months ago

Pros:

I couldn’t find a software that was really built for commercial properties. Many of them were a one-size fits all approach, jack of all trades, master of none. Doorloop really focuses strongly on both residential and commercial, and does both perfectly. I’m able to run all the reports needed that other companies didn’t have available

Cons:

It's a new software so sometimes hard to find a specific page, However once used for more than few days very easy to learn to navigate

Stephen R.
Executive Managing Director in US
Commercial Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

Finally a PMS for the 21st Century

5 12 months ago

Pros:

Very fortunate I was invited to be an early access member. Accounting is super easy to use and runs very robust reports. Also the design and user-interface were both clearly well thought-out – intuitive for sure.

Cons:

While the software works really well from my cell phone, would be nice to have a dedicated app.

Raul P.
Project Manager in US
Construction, 501-1,000 Employees

Great for property management, decent for project/construction management

5 10 months ago

Comments: Great for property management, decent for project/construction management

Pros:

The software really excels at property management and does everything under the sun that anyone would ever need.

Cons:

It’s not really meant for project/construction management, so we are using some workarounds to make it work.

David V.
David V.
Owner in US

The technology I’ve been waiting for

5 12 months ago

Comments: No software can do every single thing I ever imagined, but with their API, I can most likely accomplish it.

Pros:

Definitely the technology of the entire platform. Being a property manager who dabbles in software development, I wanted a software that used the latest and great tech stack that was fast, responsive, mobile-friendly, and could keep up with our needs as we scale the business and our portfolio.

Cons:

API documentation could be improved, but I figured it out.

Managing Partner in Canada

Property Management Accounting Done Right

5 last year

Pros:

We chose Doorloop because of the property management accounting capabilities. It did everything we wanted and checked off every box on our list plus more. We can now run financial statements for each individual property. We can see profit & loss reports per property. We can maintain double-entry accounting accuracy. Doorloop comes pre-built with many reports we can use out of the box. They did most of the hard work for us which we really appreciated.

Cons:

Waiting on an integration with Quickbooks.

Adam J.
Adam J.

Automated my entire portfolio

5 12 months ago

Pros:

The software helped me automate everything from listings, marketing, screening, renters insurance, lease agreements, to even renewals. I was using Yardi Breeze before, but it just wasn’t cutting it in terms of automation.

Cons:

It's missing a couple of reports I like to use, but I was told that they will be available in the next couple of months.

Aryeh S.
Aryeh S.
Director of Acquisitions in US

Makes your company organized

5 last year

Pros:

Doorloop forces you to stay organized. As property managers, there isn't enough time in the day to get everything done or get back to prospects or active tenants that have questions or maintenance requests. When we needed to find any document, lease agreement, contract, or anything in general, it would take forever to comb through our emails, digital and paper files, even though we were already scanning everything into our Dropbox. We still can everything, but now we put it directly into Doorloop so it's searchable in one click and we can see everything based on each property, unit, or tenant. It sounds silly, but the search button on the top left of the program is probably one of our most heavily used features. We're able to find any document, lease, tenant, or task instantly. For all the property managers out there reading this: if youre like me and know you could be more organized, give doorloop or any of the other programs a try. Anything is better than nothing, trust me.

Cons:

I still wish I had more time in the day!

Landlord/Owner in US

Excellent bookkeeping tool

5 11 months ago

Comments: Overall I’ve been very pleased with the ease of use in setting everything up. It was a very similar process to quickbooks so everything translated over nicely.

Pros:

The best part of this program is that I can keep track of my investments, expenses, revenue, balance sheets, and P&L for multiple properties all from one central location.

Cons:

Nothing, I love the reporting. I just hope that my accountant will love it when it’s time for taxes.

Bryan L.
Bryan L.
Controller in US
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

property management accounting that replaces quickbooks

Comments: Yes

Pros:

That we can finally separate our bookkeeping per property while still being connected so we can pay 1 vendor for multiple properties. QBO didn't allow us to pay a vendor, like a plumber, to do work across our different properties. We would have to login to each separate QBO Company, write a check, then do the same for each property and each vendor. This process would take our staff a full day just to pay vendors when it could have taken only 1 hour, which it now does. We still use quickbooks for our company accounting (payroll, expenses, etc..), but no longer use it for our property accounting (rent payments, vendor bills, etc...). The best part is, doorloop works exactly like QBO, so it's very familiar to all of us and required very little training.

Cons:

No QBO sync yet but I'm told it's in the works.

Daniel B.
Daniel B.
Co-Founder / Director of Operations in US
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

Saving me so much time with everything

5 last year

Pros:

Personally know some of the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]- very solid team, great track record and history of successful ventures, fully support them and everything they’re doing and hope to help both of us grow our businesses together. Plus the software is so BEAUTIFULLY designed. By far the nicest, newest, and easiest to use.

Cons:

Could be cool to include an SMS feature. I think it can be done with Zapier but I have not attempted it yet.

COO in US
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

They actually listen to your advice and suggestions

5 10 months ago

Pros:

The team and people behind the scenes. This is a team of people that truly care about your success. They listen to your suggestions, they want your feedback, and they may even implement your ideas and features. The first time I brought something up, they scheduled a 30 minute call and wanted to know every detail of what I envisioned. They wanted to know why that feature would benefit my business, why it mattered so much to us, how much time it could help us save, and if there was another way to solve it in the meantime. Very few companies take the time to listen to their users, but doorloop is one of those companies.

Cons:

I know not every suggestion I make will be built into the software, but I would love to see a “what’s coming” area.

Izhak M.
Izhak M.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

Incredible reporting and robust accounting

5 12 months ago

Pros:

I have known many of the founders for several years and they have an impressive record of successful ventures, so I was lucky enough to get invited for an early access trial. So far I've found it to be incredibly intuitive, easy to use and above all the speed with which I can generate my reports is incredible. From a tenant perspective, the portal has greatly improved my communication and allowed me to easily track maintenance requests submitted by my tenants. I'm excited to grow with the product and already see huge benefits implementing this into my business.

Cons:

As I noted, I'm one of the first users to gain access to the system so it's still missing some small features, however after speaking with their support team, even the smallest functionality I will need for my business is on their roadmap to be released over the next couple of quarters.

Rajiv J.
Rajiv J.
Manager of Operations in US
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

Checked every box on our list

5 10 months ago

Pros:

We are a family owned and operated development company that also keeps and manages some of the properties we build. As such, I was specifically tasked with finding the best software for our needs. The extensive criteria included a full accounting module, built-in reporting, CRM for tracking prospective tenants, payment processing, vendor bill-pay, and more. DOORLOOP was one of the few companies that ticked every box on our list. It’s been about 8 months of use and we’ve been thrilled to see the number of improvements they keep on releasing. The software is only getting better and we’re confident we made the right choice.

Cons:

The renter’s insurance isn’t offered through the renter application process yet. At the moment we are just referring our residents to the current provider we recommend.

Josh B.
Josh B.

Automates my rent collection

5 last year

Pros:

Doorloop has saved me the incredible hassle of collecting rent the old-fashioned way with paper checks and cash. I would have to drive an hour away to visit my properties and collect rent in person. And if they didn't pay - I would have to come back! During the COVID quarantines, I no longer wanted to see people in person, so I looked for a better way and found Doorloop. My tenants get their own login for their own tenant portal where they can pay by credit card or eCheck on autopilot every month. And if they don't pay on time? Well...that's what an automatic late fee is for :)

Cons:

Still trying to figure out how to handle tenants that want to pay by cash only.

Daniel S.
Owner & Property Manager in US

Fastest PMS I've tried to date

5 last year

Pros:

This software is fast! Like really really fast. Everything just works perfectly out of the box. Generating reports takes seconds, not hours. It used to take us over 12 hours sometimes to generate reports on other programs. The team at DOORLOOP really went out of their way to make sure this software was easy to use and took less clicks to get to the most important parts of the program, which our team really appreciated.

Cons:

While they do have an incredibly robust accounting suite, we are waiting on 2 reports to be built which the team said they will be adding shortly.

Jona L.
Jona L.
Family Office Property Manager in US
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

Greatly helps with accounting and taxes

Comments: Yes

Pros:

That it finally allows me to calculate our monthly sales tax with an easy report that I can use for paying the IRS each month.

Cons:

NA - none it was great all around. Easy to use and very smooth

Edward W.
Edward W.
Attorney in US
Law Practice, Self Employed

Top Customer Service. Ease-to-use Software.

5 12 months ago

Pros:

DoorLoop is so easy to use, I literally needed no training. It’s like picking up your iPhone for the first time. After playing around with the software for a bit and reading their online help section, I feel like I am now an expert! Also, their accounting and reporting system is comprehensive, but yet really straightforward.

Cons:

Would be great if I could automatically complete and download leasing templates with a prospect’s information. Figured I would talk to my sales rep at DoorLoop. When I did, he told me that that (and more) is on their roadmap for 2021. Great product. Great customer service.

Eli R.
Eli R.
CEO in US

Best support by far

5 last year

Comments: Truly revolutionary for our business. We definitely will be recommending this to others!

Pros:

The training, onboarding, migration, and support. Getting started couldn't have been easier thanks to them holding our hand and walking us through the entire process. Switching from appfolio was no easy task, but they made it as quick and painless as possible.

Cons:

They don't have every bell and whistle yet, but then again, we never really used them before either. This product is way more intuitive and user friendly since it hasn't been cluttered yet with an endless amount of features that no one uses.

Jarred M.
Jarred M.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

Phenomenal software. Amazing customer service.

5 last year

Pros:

Where to begin... The customer service is beyond amazing. They really take time to answer all of your questions (which given how easy the software is to use, I really didn't have many). But they also check in to see how I am doing/liking the software (loving it!). Frankly, it's one of the only companies that makes me feel like they actually appreciate my business. Also, using the software on the go (on my phone and iPad), could not be easier. Plus all of the same features I use via my computer are also available when I use it on the go. Finally, DoorLoop's software is clearly comprehensive, but still it looks and feels aesthetically beautiful and is super-fast. It seems like they already know what I am going to do next, that's how quickly pages load up.

Cons:

If only their "notes" section allowed me to put in more characters. However, given my experience with their customer service, I called and told them this. Not only did they take my suggestion seriously, but they also told me that they would pass the request along to their development team to get that change on the schedule.