• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.6 /5

About Sage HR

Sage HR is an award-winning HR management solution that simplifies HR.

Learn more about Sage HR

Showing 25 reviews of 286

HR Manager
Computer & Network Security, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/08/2018

"Cake-hr for time-off management"

Comments: It's nice tool to solve a problem of availability visibility in the distributed team, easy to use.

Pros: - easy UX and UI
- convenient dashboard
- ability to create different policies for various locations (if you have a distributed team it's fantastic)
- integration with a google calendar & slack bot
- custom actions to be done after a time-off request is provided
- mobile app available

Cons: - documents storage is not convenient for users and search
- had few cases with support team when did not receive a reply in time
- would be great to have a follow-up for managers if they do not approve/decline the request of their direct reports
- request for few hours per day does not allow to give precise hours, simply [number] hours in the first/second part of the day. I would prefer specifying exact hours

by HR Bakery on 20/08/2018

Hi there, thank you for your feedback! :)
I'm pleased to hear that you are enjoying your experience with CakeHR and I am sorry to hear that you felt our support team had't replied in a timely manner. I can ensure you that we are working hard on making sure every customer's needs are addressed with accuracy and efficiency, and we are constantly looking at the ways to improve our service, and your feedback is much appreciated.
As it happens, our Document storage UI is being improved as we speak so if you have ideas how it would work better for you, please get in touch with us!
Speaking of TO requests, there is a functionality to specify hours for part-day request, however it depends on permission settings defined by Admins at your company.
I'd love to take our conversation further, so please do get in touch and we will find the answers! :)

• Reviewed on 08/08/2018
Julie W.
SVP

"Excellent Product!"

Pros: Managing Time Off for multiple teams and multiple types of time off. Makes it very easy to see where everyone is without having to manage a company calendar. Easy to use on the go with the mobile app and emailing capabilities. Easy to accept someone's time off request within the email with just a click of a button. Absolutely love this tool for our team's time off.

Cons: Can't set the admin to send me just my team's requests, so I get a lot of emails for our whole company. very hard to edit time off requests. Don't like that after it's approved, it's hard for the user to go in and change their request and be assured it's logged correctly.

by HR Bakery on 21/06/2019

Dear Julie,

It's so exciting to see that you are enjoying both, our software, as well as the app! :) It's so important to have the ability to manage work-related tasks on the go, right?

I'll contact you directly, so we can go through the permissions and time-off settings to arrange them in the way it works best for you!

Email Marketing Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/07/2019

"Solid HR Management Tool"

Comments: Have really loved using this across a distributed team while still giving us the feeling of being connected, cohesive, and consistent across the board.

Pros: Loved using this for onboarding as it made the process seamless, especially with the app. The perfect option for growing teams who want a consistent employee experience across the board (form onboarding, to reviews, benefits, etc.) it all lives in one place and makes it so easy to access.

Cons: The only thing that would be nice to change is the ability to be more specific with requesting an exact number of hours so you can be more specific with your request for time off.

by HR Bakery on 15/07/2019

Hello,

We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience! I'd love to help you out with those additional specific fields that actually can be added to time-off policies, therefore please contact me directly or use a Chatbot in the right bottom of the CakeHR screen.

I look forward to hearing from you :)

Anna M.
HR Lead
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2019

"Nice service for a 20-50+ company"

Pros: UX, simplicity of usage, nice colors, great customer support.

Cons: Before we got The Unlimited Vacation Policy I always had an issue with correct days counting.

Dear Anna,

We are glad to hear that overall you are happy with your CakeHR experience. Just to remind you that whenever you are facing an issue or feel uncertain about any of the features, do not hesitate to address our team through chat box that's available both on your dashboard and your app. You will be contacted asap with a provided solution :) I'll get back to you to make sure you are all set!

• Reviewed on 11/06/2019
Director of SMB Division

"UX is great!"

Comments: CakeHR is a much better experience for our employees than other HR services we have used. We have gotten positive feedback about it from our team.

Pros: Really appreciate the amount of effort they put into designing this app out. The visual experience is far superior to any other HR app I have used in the past.

Cons: There is additional functionality that can be hard to find, such as where to put documentation like the employee handbook. Also, I would like to see users be able to be grouped into multiple different teams or views.

by HR Bakery on 12/06/2019

Hello!

I'm pleased to hear that you and your team are enjoying experience with CakeHR. I would love to have a further chat with you to review our document management feature, that is very handy in use. This feature gives you various possibilities to organize, store, as well as, notify employees on added documents, give specific permissions, so it's easier to keep a track.
CakeHR also offers possibility to add as many teams as you like. Access to team's profiles, documents, reports, and much more can be set according to your needs. There is so many options we can offer you to make your work life easier, let's get in touch so I can give you a more insight! :)

Gary S.
HR Director
  • Reviewed on 28/01/2019

"User friendly and easy to use."

Comments: Cake handles the things we use it for well. Tracking holidays, managing certain manually entered HR processes, but it lacks a lot of functionality which would be needed by an HR system.

Pros: Well presented and easy to use for admin and for users.

Cons: Still Missing features I would like to see from an HR control package

by HR Bakery on 08/02/2019

Hi Gary,

Thank you for your feedback! :) I know that you have been in touch with our team before about various functions and features that you would like to use for your People Management, and I think we should get on a call to touch-base on our latest enhancements as I believe you will find them very useful and handy!

I'll be in touch with you directly to arrange a call.

Thanks
Ilona

• Reviewed on 28/01/2019
Rachel A.
Team Lead
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2015

"Impressive, no fuss, tidy little package."

Comments: I've been trailing CakeHR for two days. Below is my experience so far. What I really love:
1. In the cloud. We're a cloud based company ourselves so this is a massive plus for me.
2. Nice friendly UI. Easy on the eye, logical flow, nice modals, profile pictures for team members.
3. Can add additional Time-Off Policies other than Holiday & Sickday.
4. Can add Public Holidays that don't count as team holidays taken.
5. Can add Black Out days where no one can book holidays on certain dates.
6. Ability to hide certain tabs from team members like Benefits, Documents, Emergency etc.
7. Can hide calendar from other team members so they can't see who's on holiday etc.
8. Can add categories to Documents.
9. Lots of reporting! Bradford Factor & Employee Growth is a nice touch.
10. Can create teams, support team, dev team etc.
11. Ability for team member to log in and submit holiday requests. This isn't something I've enabled yet as I'm still trying out CakeHR however I can definitely see the benefits of this - less emails & notes!
I'm not calling this list 'Cons' as I don't have any cons. The below points are suggestions: 1. I had to add each Black Out day individually. We have a 6 week period where no one can take holidays. Would be nice to have a start and end date ability here.
2. An app. How cool would it be to have a CakeHR app that you can approve/decline requests on the spot & see who's available on your team that day. I know I'd use it! Android of course ;)
I really love CakeHR's approach to time off management and would recommend to anyone with no hesitation.

by HR Bakery on 01/02/2016

Hi Rachel!

What an intense two days of trialling you had! The feedback is awesome and you know that we have been able to address your "nice to have" list at the bottom. It is feedback like this this really... feeds us!

We have the Android app releases imminently! I will let you and VSware have first-look at the app!

• Reviewed on 30/10/2015
Chief Technology and Operations Officer
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2018

"CakeHR has provided me with an excellent balance between feature and cost."

Comments: As a small business and only two (2) employees I was able to find a cost-effective solution for managing my employees.

Pros: It fulfils the critical requirements for managing Human Resource meaning a means for storing employee information , onboarding and offboarding features, time off management and a neat asset tracking module for assigning specific assets to employees.

Cons: Well the software does not have an attendance tracking feature, however I understand that this feature is in the pipeline.

• Reviewed on 30/01/2018
Human Resources Manager
Banking, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2018

"WELL-ORGANIZED; EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN ONE, ORGANIZED PLACE"

Pros: I am astonished on how well-organized this software is. The feedback feature allowed our team to determine employees’ rates. Scheduling and Time Tracking features are punctual. It is easy to use. As a Human Resource Specialist, this software has removed almost half of the paperwork and stored it in one place.

Cons: Undertime and overtime tracking is not a feature of CakeHR, we use a different software for that. It would be a great update in the future since it is one of the most needed time tracking option for most companies.

• Reviewed on 20/09/2018
Afshan A.
HR
  • Reviewed on 04/07/2019

"Cake HR is a excellent software"

Comments: Tracking of holidays is quite convenient and easy.

Pros: Tracking of holidays is quite convenient and easy.

Cons: The software can be improved further for importing data which gives yearly details of the holidays taken by employees.

by HR Bakery on 25/07/2019

Dear Afshan,

Thank you so much for your review!

We actually already have a possibility to generate a report and review yearly data on time-offs taken by each employee from each policy. Let's get in touch, so I can show you where to find it and we can have a further discussion whether there is still something that can be improved :)

• Reviewed on 04/07/2019
Les C.
System Administrator
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2016

"Great online product."

Comments: We purchased this product primarily to control our staff vacations. It has worked out exceedingly well.

Pros: Very graphic and easy to use.

Cons: It doesn't show starting balance at beginning of the calendar year.

by HR Bakery on 18/01/2018

Hi Les,

Many thanks for your review. I'm going to set up a call and make sure your policies are set up correctly. There shouldn't be a reason for having no time off accrued unless you're accruing monthly or bi-weekly!

• Reviewed on 02/11/2016
Natalie J.
Business Analyst
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2019

"A good software for a great price"

Pros: Significantly cheaper than others in the market
Covers time off, employee data, and stores documents for all employees
Easy to use

Cons: I can't download org chart in a pdf version
I have to download time off reports to individually distribute them to the managers

Dear Natalie,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Once transferring 51-200 employee org chart to A4 format, you, unfortunately, will end up with a document that is in an unusable state. We are looking into this issue, but if you already figured out the perfect solution, we would be thrilled if you whisper it to us :))

All in all, there will be some updates in regards to the org. chart any time soon, I'll keep you informed!

Danielle T.
Administrative Support Manager/Human Resources
Research, 11-50 Employees

"Beacon Economics Review"

Comments: Overall, I would say I am very pleased with this application!

Pros: A all-in-one HR platform, allowing me to keep a pulse on ALL HR items for our Company. I absolutely love the Assets, Recipes, Onboarding/Offboarding, and Reporting functions.

Cons: The PTO policies were giving me an issue. Specifically, the bonus PTO items in the additional options section of the create new policies. In addition, when an employee is added to a particular policy, all PTO for that period is automatically added.

by HR Bakery on 13/06/2019

Dear Danielle,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review, it means a lot to us!

Since all CakeHR tools and features are fully customizable, there is an easy answer to your concern in regards to PTO policies. It's actually just a few clicks away :)

I'll make sure you're shown this function and you're happy with our solution.

CTO
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2019

"Great solution for growing teams"

Pros: Integration with slack and gcal makes it very simple to use. HR is no longer a problem, everything is done quickly. Mobile app is also very useful

Cons: Org management can be a bit harder, as the included builder can get complex with big organizations

by HR Bakery on 04/09/2019

We are thrilled that you enjoy your experience, thank you for your review.
In regards to the org.chart, we are planning to work on a more flexible version any time soon, therefore, stay tuned :)

• Reviewed on 29/08/2019
Joni P.
Corporate Director Global HR
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2019

"Best HR Software I have ever used!"

Comments: We initially decided to go with Cake because of the OKR functionality that it has. I was skeptical with what they could offer in addition but was pleasantly surprised! The team at CakeHR are so helpful and amazing and we couldn't be happier that we made the investment to go with them!

Pros: Love that it is so easy to use, it integrates with outlook and slack, there is an app for your phone, and there are employee and manager self serve portals.

Cons: Nothing so far! Everything has worked well. Being a start up, we have to design processes from scratch and the recipes and workflows have made it easy to get things up and running quickly.

by HR Bakery on 12/06/2019

Dear Joni,

Our team is thrilled to hear that you enjoy your experience! We will do our best to make sure you get most out of CakeHR for years.

Let's stay in touch :)

Chief Executive Officer
Market Research, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2018

"CakeHR - good product, even better service"

Pros: As an SME we needed a platform for our HR. We reviewed most of the systems intended for a business for our size and CakeHR was the best price / value combination. Since taking it, we've found it to be useful, it's done the job we wanted. Best of all has been their customer service. When we've had a development request they've taken it seriously and, in most cases, added it. The product needs some further development, esp around appraisals. But we are happy with our choice and hope to stay with Cake for some time, especially if they remain as responsive as they've been to date.

Cons: It could be a bit easier to navigate. I sometimes have to get reminders on how to find certain parts of the platform.

• Reviewed on 16/11/2018
Richard J.
Country Manager
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2016

"Awesome time saver"

Comments: CakeHR has enabled us to go paperless for all leave requests. The approval process is so easy it has enabled each individual manager to approve requests on the fly in real time. As an organization, this has saved us a lot of time and money.

Pros: The request and approval process is so intuitive, all of our staff were able to start using CakeHR with minimal or no training. Having a bird's eye view of everyone's leave status is awesome and the interface is very visual. The reports you can create are also extremely useful. Support is timely and helpful. The development team are always trying to improve the interface and add functionality which is great.

Cons: Nothing I can think of

by HR Bakery on 22/08/2016

Thanks John!

I'm super proud to have introduced CakeHR to you at the right time and that it is doing exactly what you need and more!

• Reviewed on 22/08/2016
Aleksandrs P.
Finance Manager
Translation & Localization, 11-50 Employees

"CakeHR Review"

Pros: functionality , dashboard with on-board employee availibility

Cons: is not intuitive, hard to find necessary data. very complicated data-tree

by HR Bakery on 15/07/2019

Dear Aleksandr,

We are sorry to hear about your experience and deeply apologize for any inconvenience that we might have caused. We will be more than happy to schedule repeated onboarding, as it is very important for us that you get most out of CakeHR. I would like to assure you that with minor help from our side you will quickly get an idea how simple and customizable CakeHR features are.

Thank you for your feedback and I will be in touch with you!

HR Business Partner
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2018

"Easy to use but has some issues"

Comments: I use it for managing Vacations/Sick days/Emergencies

Pros: The design is nice and clear. Also, the App gives you a lot of interesting and useful statistics.

Cons: I had an everyday issue with a number of vacation days counting tool. I guess that's the main functionality actually. The app calculated days wrong so I had to recalculate those manually(( Also I reported a few bugs to the manager but changes were not done.

by HR Bakery on 02/08/2018

Hi there, thank you for taking time to share your feedback, this really helps us to keep up the good work on improving ourselves :)

The errors and discrepancies can be caused by various reasons and I would love the opportunity to look into this. You can contact me directly via CakeHR support from your CakeHR account - just click on the green circle in the bottom-right corner of the screen ;)

• Reviewed on 01/08/2018
Isabel C.
IT Recruiter
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2019

"Easy and a nice customer service"

Comments: We have implant CakeHR short time ago so we are still learning all the funcionalities but we are very satisfied with it; it has been easy to learn the use and to teach the employees

Pros: It is very easy to use, we like the interface too.

Cons: It has some limitations as, for example, we can't type 2 different permission day in the same date

by HR Bakery on 24/01/2019

Hi Isabel,

Thank you for the valuable comments! :)

The system is providing a limitation to one leave type at a time to ensure manageable leave records. However there is a way to book two leave types on the same day, as long as each time-off request is one part of the day (eg Work from home in the morning and Sickday in the evening) and they don't overlap.

Let's discuss it further directly :)

Thanks
Ilona

• Reviewed on 18/01/2019
Lucie Z.
People Ops Generalist
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2019

"Simple software which is missing some basic features"

Comments: I am unfortunately not that satisfied after a few months of using this system.

Pros: - the design
- CakeHR is easy to use and onboard new members to use it
- tracking of time off works pretty well there
- org chart

Cons: - the onboarding management - you can' see historical tasks of yours or your team if you are not the admin of the whole system - e.g. our Office Manager can' view the whole process
- the reports - e.g. we can't get a compensation report broke down to names and amounts
- filtering in the calendar
- connection to other systems - the Slackbot is very easy, no synchronization to Google Calendar
- documentation section is very chaotic

Dear Lucie,

We're sorry to hear about your experience, I understand how important this is to your workflow. I can see that we are already working on some mentioned features and some are already done. I'll schedule a call so we can discuss in more details issues you are currently facing as well as to proceed with better feature prioritization.

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience that we have caused you. We value your opinion and will definitely use it to improve our product and make it even ''stronger''.

• Reviewed on 19/06/2019
Erfane A.
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2018

"CakeHR has been a great to help me saving time with my employees!"

Pros: CakeHR is very simple and intuitive. In a matter of minutes, I have been able to use it and solve most of my HR day to day management.

Cons: I personally don't like very much CakeHR iOS app which I don't find as intuitive as the web version.

• Reviewed on 25/01/2018
IT Recruiter
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2018

"CakeHR has made it easy!"

Comments: It has been very easy to keep track of every employees info. The way you can get the reports it´s really easy and quick. I love how they keep improving the software with new features to make it work better.

Pros: Very easy to use! The way you can get reports for HR is awesome, really easy and quick to get the info you need.

Cons: We are mexican companies, there is some important info for every employee we need to get, but the custom fields have been doing the job. Also, in the compensation tab, you can only use USD or Euros as currency, even though you have a big list of currencies.

• Reviewed on 31/07/2018
Kristina R.
Sales Manager
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2019

"Great tool, easy to use, sync with Slack possible"

Pros: Easy UI. Availability in several languages. Sync with Slack works fine.

Cons: It has some bad translations in German e.g.
Sometimes the holidays from other dep. are available and sometimes only for our own department.

by HR Bakery on 05/09/2019

Dear Kristina,

Thank you very much for your feedback and for bringing this to our attention!

I'll be in contact with your company representatives to get some more details on translation and mentioned issues with public holidays. In case it is the actual technical issue, we will solve it asap.

• Reviewed on 20/08/2019
Meisam G.
System admin
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2020

"Cake HR"

Comments: Great to use . Nice user interface

Pros: Easy to use . Lots of feature . Great support .
Everybody Can use.

Cons: Can say anything bad abort it. It forfills my needs

• Reviewed on 07/02/2020