Compulink Healthcare Solutions Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall

About Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Compulink Healthcare Solutions is an integrated hybrid medical solution that provides medical service providers wide functionalities.

Learn more about Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Carrie A.
Therapist/Owner/Clinical Director in US
Mental Health Care, 2-10 Employees

Powerful Software for Mental Health Providers

5 last year

Comments: Compulink Healthcare Solutions has been a tremendous asset to our business operations. Streamlined functionality includes verification of benefits, treatment planning, integrated billing and remittance posting, multiple locations, group scheduling option, client web registration, a clinician training portal, and so much more - too much to list. One look at the demo and you'll see the power in this software. I highly recommend Compulink Healthcare Solutions to anyone who needs a powerful and intuitive software option that is reasonably priced, always improving, and backed up by world-class support.

Pros:

We started with Compulink Healthcare Solutions from the time we opened for business in January 2016 (no integration from another software), and spent a tremendous amount of time researching available options beforehand. None of the other software programs offered the features and power well suited for small and large companies. We wanted software that would be efficient and extensive, but also grow with the business. From 1 provider to many, the software has delivered in every area. Customer support is always wonderful and timely, and there are always ongoing improvements that make our job easier. Billing is a snap, reporting is thorough, and everyone at Compulink is open to hearing user feedback.

Cons:

There is a bit of a learning curve, but there would be with any new software. Difficulties with updates sometimes come up, but they have been short-lived and customer service has been amazing.

Michael M.
Clinical Psychlologist in US

1 year in... honest review of Compulink

1 12 months ago

Comments: The biggest problem that compulink has is that lots of their software doesnt work. I mean, it does--- but it doesnt for a psych practice. The best example of this is that the insurance verification doesnt verify mental health codes--- in software titled PsychAdvantage. Its very clearly ophthalmic software that they barely put any effort into making work for psych. Their support is hit or miss- some of them are great- and some- like their business office manager- have ethics problems and border on straight up theivery. Their quickbooks integration flat out does not work-- their own people took 6 months and could not get it to work (their own software) and then did not want to refund us. Who does that?
Many of their employees are unaware of the functions their software reportedly has-- and with good reason- the software doesnt really do that. Technically, it could (telemedicine is this way) but no one would ever use it. The other employees tend to be condescending, and mix in "hmm, I've never heard of the product doing that". They have zero accountability for their software not working, often act condescending, and always want you to "run diagnostics". When they dont want to handle their software not working, they refuse to talk to you. I've come to call this "classic compulink". Also, their ledger straight up cannot handle multiple locations. The software is pretty terrible at handling ERAs, if you're being paid electronically.

Pros:

notes are easy to write. Most my documentation takes about 3 minutes per patient to write up. When features work, they sometimes work well (albeit often glitchy, often broken) Finished product (therapy note as a pdf) looks fantastic. Since we now get paid electronically, we get paid faster.

Cons:

-glitchy. Often produces ridiculous errors. Not at all intuitive. To learn how to use the software, you essentially have to get used to all their glitches, so you eventually learn how to avoid them. Dont waste time asking them to fix them, either. - "Running Diagnostics" is an impractical pain, and a fool's endeavor, as it is yet to actually do anything. I would be pleased if I never ever heard that again from someone at Compulink, ever again. I'll not hold my breath waiting for it to work. I would ballpark that we're currently at 0/50 in this endeavor. - Insurance verification in a program called Psych Advantage (which we could pretty easily argue should aptly be called Psych Dis-advantage), which actually does not verify the mental health benefits of the insurance is purely ridiculous. There's no way around that other than admitting that you made this program for medical practices and never bothered to actually tailor it to mental health, and that's clear. -The lack of knowledge and agreement about your own software that you own employees have is disconcerting. I called more than a handful of times about integrating quickbooks ( great example, because their own website says the product does this), yet many of the employees took this as brand new information or denying it outright. A similar thing occurred when their own employees were unaware there was a telehealth built in option.

Fred L.
Business Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Outstanding customization features

4 last year

Pros:

We have been using Chiro Advantage (one of the software specialties from Compulink Business Systems) for more than 10 years. We chose it because it enabled us to build our own EHR screens that are designed for our special method of treatment. Chiro Advantage offers an excellent, broad range of features for building custom screens, including custom fields, rich screen building features, and a library of scripting functions and logical operators to perform various automatic operations with text. We used these features extensively to build our entire suite of EHR screens from scratch. I also appreciate the tech support. They are very helpful, and usually available with minimal wait times.

Cons:

While Chiro Advantage does a good job handling our data for the purpose of treating individual patients, it can be difficult to export EHR data out of the software so you can work with aggregated data. For example, it's hard to export data from selected EHR fields. The SQL search function is difficult to use. Sometimes we have had troubles with the stability of the software - sometimes it crashes and you have to restart it.

Candy C.
Provider / Ophthalmology - Retina / Vitreous in US

Expectations More Than Met and More To Offer When I am Ready to Expand

5 last year

Comments: The Compulink Help Line is Outstanding. I can easily explain my issue (or what I want to accomplish) and I am directed to the department appropriate person in a timely manner who can assist me quite efficiently and professionally.

Pros:

Compulink Software is all inclusive for my current needs - a combined PM and EHR. Also, I am not locked into one type of template. For example, most my patients have Retina issues, but if a patient also happens to have another issue, I can import a problem appropriate Tab and I don't need to have it unlocked for me by the company (or pay more). I could see where this would be advantageous for a multi-specialty practice (even though I am not one). There are also multiple other resources I can choose to incorporate and use that is available as options to add to the software's capabilities (e.g., RCM) as my practice grows. The really nice thing is that I can function efficiently now and utilize Compulink Software (in all my various roles) at a good price point and still anticipate how I can incorporate what Compulink has to offer as my practice grows.

Cons:

Setting up the Look Up Tables took me a long time but I was a new practice that did not have much (or any) of that information in a readily available database to put into the Look Up Tables or did not know how to organize particular information prior to being asked by Compulink to place such information into my Look Up Tables. On the plus side, needing to spend the time to build my Look Up Tables, helped me understand how the back end of the PM/EHR worked.

Brenda W.
Owner in US

User Since 2018

4 last year

Comments: We have been with Compulink since 2018. We have been able to grow as an agency while using the software and now utilize their billing department to assist with submitting and allocating our insurance claims. They have an online library of information to utilize as a provider and business owner and are growing as a company to provide changes to their product to enhance ease of use.

Pros:

The software has some time saving capabilities such as matrix options in the assessment, easy access icons and treatment planning goals/objectives prewritten selection options. The claims posting and ledger screens are easy to use without background in claims processing.

Cons:

There are quite a few steps to follow when creating documentation and sending for ledger posting.

Cheryl W.
Director of Operations in US
Medical Practice, 11-50 Employees

Customized Design for Our Unique Practice

5 last year

Comments: It has been a wonderful 1st year and we are doing extremely well

Pros:

The ability to customize for a mobile optometry company - The staff was able to think outside the normal practice setting and adjust the software to fit our mobile needs.

Cons:

Insurance Set Up was difficult and our implementation person was not as responsive as I would have liked. Several glitches made things frustrating

Suzanne M.
owner/optometrist in Canada
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees

A software with flexible options for different practice needs

4 last year

Comments: Generally good the software is rarely down and it is usually possible to get a support call back within a couple of hours at most. There are some glitches in the software but some of them are eventually getting fixed and they are not interfering with the functionality of the software.

Pros:

Implementation, had sessions booked to train how to use it. Also, I like the cloud based model, don't want to have to worry about a physical server. I also liked how it is flexible, right now I just use the EHR but it is flexible to add dispensing or contact lenses in the future. It is also flexible in cost based on number of computers which is good since I'm a small practice. Easy to book appointments.

Cons:

Some glitches like entering IOP has to be done in a certain order and some cosmetic glitches like overlapping text in the software. The software has overall improved and become easier to use over the time of be being with it, but at first it took a while to figure out where things were.

Linney P.
Administrator in US

Compulink is GREAT!

4 last year

Pros:

Compulink is always developing and improving the software. The staff is easy to work with and seem to understand our needs because many of them have been in private practice prior. This is a huge advantage for Compulink and the client.

Cons:

Sometimes new features and updates do not work when first rolled out and it takes a while to work the bugs out.

Shelly B.
owner/optometrist in US

Compulink EyeCare Advantage Review

4 last year

Comments: We started using the EHR when it was federally mandated and have not looked back since. Overall, we are satisfied with Compulink Software.

Pros:

I have used Compulink for over 12 years. I like the ease of use and the ability to customize the screens to fit my needs. Tech support is awesome at calling back and making appointments.

Cons:

I feel the price I pay per month for software support is high. My team rarely calls for support so I don't feel like we receive our money's worth every month. Would like a feature to be able to double book on our schedule. Would be nice to have all the bug's worked out of new software updates prior to launching them. It seems like every time we get an update it messes up several things.

Lowell K.
Office Manager in US

Compulink Eyecare

4 last year

Comments: We've used this package since 2003; their team has stayed up-to-date with industry needs and requirements, the program is comprehensive; when we've had issues and problems their team has been quick to respond and usually satisfying with their solutions

Pros:

it offers a lot of functionality and the different modules integrate well one with the other; there is a very active group of Compulink users that share ideas, solutions and seems to work well with Compulink.

Cons:

little bugs and glitches here and there; icon design and layout (title bar icons not in the same place in different modules); there's a whole lot of functionality and complexity that our one-doctor rural office doesn't really need

Kamran K.
Owner in US
Medical Devices, Self Employed

So happy

5 last year

Comments: The ease of use and inventory management system and being cloud based are the main reason I use Compulink. Being able to log into the cloud from anywhere has been fantastic. I can make appointments check sales data and view my schedule all from home or anywhere. Having all of the records securely saved in the Compulink Cloud has made the anxiety of backups and crashes disappear.

Pros:

Getting up and running was breeze. The implementation team was knowledgeable and always quick to respond with answers to my many questions. Being cloud based is amazing and allows me to be almost anywhere.

Cons:

All though the software is very easy to use it does more than a small one man office like mine will ever use. Some of the tables are huge and can be a little intimidating.

Shelbie M.
Therapist in US
Mental Health Care, Self Employed

Overall good product for a large agency, but not very easy to use and expensive for solo practice.

4 4 years ago

Comments: It was a good product for large agency and supervisor work. It was also good for highly detailed treatment plans and progress notes.

Pros:

I liked the ability to be very detailed in treatment planning and progress notes if I needed. I also liked the 'load previous note' so that I only had to update changes from session to session and could write progress notes fairly quickly. Psych Advantage was also easy to use as a supervisor, as I could view interns notes for feedback.

Cons:

Its complicated to use, as many of our therapists needed hours of training. We had many part time therapists and it seemed cumbersome for them to remember all the steps when they weren't using it every day. I also didn't like that there are so many individual tabs/pages for each client note. Going to private solo practice I decided to use another product, as psych advantage is more cumbersome and expensive than other EHR.

Diane V.
Practice Manager in US

A Happy Compulink User

4 last year

Comments: Overall, we are satisfied with Compulink. We evaluated 5 systems and by far, Compulink was the the best solution for us and we still feel this way 11 years later.

Pros:

We liked that it gave us the ability to customize the software to fit our practice.

Cons:

Many of the updates introduced unnecessary new features while rendering some of the old (good) features useless. I wish they would ask the users their opinions before changing or removing features.

Suzanne K.
Billing Manager in US

Compulink PT Advantage

4 last year

Comments: ease of operation. Customer service is very good and reliable. You can now call directly to the department you need instead of waiting for a call back from them.

Pros:

Product is easy to use. We have never had any issues with the program.

Cons:

You can only have one patient window open at a time. Other software programs allow you to have more than one opened. It would make it easier for us. If we are posting a payment, etc, on one patient, and I answer the phone and need to open another patient window, I need to end my first window and have to stat over.

Emilie M.
TMS Therapist in US

Could be more user-friendly

4 2 years ago

Comments: The software could definitely be more user friendly. It can be a bit hard to navigate and is difficult to set up.

Pros:

Features such as scanning paperwork in easily, convenience of searching for patients by name or account number, and auto-fill with patient/clinic information when printing are all great.

Cons:

Our clinic does TMS therapy which is very different from a normal psychiatric clinic, so some features could be updated to be better suited for us. For example, the daily progress note tab could have a different layout to better suit our needs. However, I do know one of my coworkers was working with Compulink support to design a new tab layout for us, which is excellent customer service.

Shauna K.
Practice Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

Compulink is very user friendly, easy to train staff

4 4 years ago

Comments: it works very well in an optometry office

Pros:

Mostly that it is easy to use. Most screens are self explanatory and do not require a lot of explanation. Things are easy to find.

Cons:

Any custom functions can be overridden in upgrades and have less support for the custom forms. As newer practice manager, learning the building of the templates and how to make changes to them can be a bit overwhelming. I have worked on the compulink system for over 11 years and some of the set ups of the system are difficult to navigate.

Sarah M.
Practice Administrator in US

Decent product with issues

4 last year

Comments: We have used product for 14 years, decent but as said above, too many upgrades with bugs.

Pros:

Compulink is user friendly and works well with IRIS/AAO.

Cons:

Too many upgrades that delete previous functionality. Every upgrade requires fixing. Support response is fairly quick but can't fix many problems from upgrades. Patient portal is extremely frustrating for both patient and staff use.

Charles Z.
Optometric Physician in US

Compulink Very Helpful

5 last year

Comments: Very helpful adding or subtracting info into the program that I’m using.

Pros:

Ease of getting around different areas that I need in my Optometric practice.

Cons:

Need More helpful in the billing process . Had trouble getting my payments.

Alana C.
Billing manager in
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees

I've used Compulink advantage for 25 years and software training/help is outstanding and beyond compare.

4 4 years ago

Comments: Add Gateway clearinghouse.

Pros:

Lots of customizing options. Always improving and adding features along with new technology. Phenomenal software assistance.

Cons:

Remote-in feature instead of purchasing Remote-in options vs purchasing licenses would significantly lower costs to provider. Emdeon does not offer ERA to two major NY insurance companies for our practice.

Sandra D.
Proprietor in US
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

Great software

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Very in-depth system. Reports are thorough and you can choose what you want to see on the reports. Claims are easy to submit.

Cons:

Doesn't have multiple screens like other software (Kareo). Would be nice to bring up more than one patient to look at and compare, if needed. Patient statements still look like DOS statements - not with the times...

Eileen H.
Associate in US

Review

5 last year

Comments: The staff is great! The price is right.

Pros:

It's easy to teach myself when i don't know how to do something

Cons:

There are a lot of steps that seem unnecessary. Some steps seem like duplicate

Denise W.
IT Manager in

Compulink Advantage

5 5 years ago

Comments: We have been using Compulink's EHR Advantage now for 7 years. I have seen a lot of other Ophthalmology groups that have changed their software 2 or 3 or more times, but we have not been inclined to do this at all. The people that work for Compulink are first rate and we know if we have questions we can call them and they will take care of it. The program is relatively easy to use and provides information we need to maintain our Healthcare requirements since everyone has been required to go to Electronic Healthcare Records. All in all, would definitely recommend them!

Pros:

Relative easy to use, allows for personalization's that can be done by the customer, friendly and relatively fast customer service. Keeps up with the ever changing government requirements.

Cons:

OKAY, let's talk EHR here. Every 5 minutes the government is changing some requirement. That would be the only con and it's not Compulink's fault.

Robert B.
Optometrist/owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Burke eyecare

5 last year

Comments: Very good.

Pros:

Ease of use and organization and the customer support was very good.

Cons:

Not sure possibly having to log out of each exam room every time I leave.

Paul D.
Doctor in US

My best employee

5 4 years ago

Comments: Wish I had acquired sooner for my practice.

Pros:

Makes my patient documentation easy. Great applicable updates. Customer support has always been prompt and caring. Has been my best employee.

Storm F.
Owner/ Optician in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees

Compulink is the way to go for Optometry

5 last year

Comments: My overall experience has been fantastic! Everyone is so easy to help and so friendly!

Pros:

The ease of use. The system is very user friendly. I love how I was able to work with my trainer to customize the software for my preferences . I love the email and text options as well as the patient portal.

Cons:

I i had to pick one which I really do not have one to pick it would be the partners they use to process credit cards payments. only one choice. However just like I am doing you can use your own processor.