LaunchNotes Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall
    4.9 /5
    4.9 /5

About LaunchNotes

One place to communicate product change, keeping every internal team aligned at all times and every user excited about product updates.

Learn more about LaunchNotes

Patrick T.

"Changelog made easy"

Comments: It's saved us a ton of time every week keeping our customers in the loop on what's going on. It's pretty customizable and flexible. We can update something once in LaunchNotes and the right message reaches the right audience at the right time. Simple.

Pros: LaunchNotes streamlined how we communicate product updates by providing one place to communicate changes to our customers. We had it up and running in no time, it's a breeze to use, and our users love it.

Cons: Nothing at the moment. A Zapier integration would be cool.

Jeff C.
Co-founder + Chief Product Officer
  • Reviewed on 03/11/2020

"The glue that holds our PM and PMM teams together"

Comments: LaunchNotes is a super slick tool with a ton of potential. And I feel like I'm just scratching the surface of what's possible with it. For example, here are two added benefits that I've recently discovered and am loving as a PM: 1) the ability to tease new features we're working on a week or two before they land to get users excited about them and 2) the ability to get power users enrolled in alpha and beta programs. Prior to LaunchNotes the process of finding and enrolling users in EAP programs was super manual and time consuming. Now I can do it in a few clicks. Loving it.

Pros: This product has a lot of pros, but my favorite is the Slack integration. Prior to LaunchNotes all our internal product updates were shared in a single Slack channel. The same Slack channel that received updates from Jira, our CI/CD tools, GitHub, and a bunch of other dev tools. For some teams this detailed level of info is helpful, but for our Product Marketing team it was way too much and quickly became a stream of technical jargon. So PMM just unsubscribed. With LaunchNotes, my Product Managers and I have a direct channel to keep Product Marketing aligned with what projects we're working on, how far along those projects are, and when they're going to be finished. LaunchNotes' Slack integration not only allows us to communicate these updates directly to the relevant Product Marketing counterparts so that no one is ever out of sync, but it does so at the fidelity that my PMMs need to effectively do their job. It's exactly what our PM and PMM teams needed, especially as we became a distributed team over the past year.

Cons: For my PMs it would be a time saver to be able to write and publish their bi-weekly updates directly from Slack. Right now the Slack integration does an amazing job of getting the right information to the right person at the right time, but it would just be amazing if we could generate these updates without having to leave Slack. Fwiw I've reached out and requested this enhancement and the LaunchNotes team said they're working with Slack on a way to make it happen. So hopefully it won't be a con for long.

Ryan T.
COO
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2020

"Easy to use, all in one platform"

Comments: LaunchNotes saves my team time around product updates and alleviates communication revolving around our pipeline. It is a great product with an even better team behind it.

Pros: This is an all in one product to manage my product changes, bug fixes, and new releases. It makes it easy for my team to communicate to our customers as well as each other about the newest release notes in a centralized location. Something we used to do by decentralized mass emails has been streamlined and made efficient with LaunchNotes. The interface is simple and easy to learn, which made onboarding easy for everyone on my team.

Cons: I feel adding a feedback loop feature could be a great addition to the platform. Something where our customers can communicate back to us on the features they want to see or the bugs that need to be fixed. I would also like to see an upvote feature added where customers can upvote any release notes or customer feedback so we can see what our customers really enjoyed about our releases or see what feedback receives the most upvotes so we can plan our next update accordingly.

Clifford W.
Head of Development and Delivery
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2020

"Great product from a Fantastic team"

Comments: Very pleased we selected LaunchNotes. It is helping us solve real business challanges. Easy product to deploy, configure, update and rollout. Fantastic support.

Pros: Provides a single source of truth for all product changes, so everyone (customers and staff) are always on the same page. Flexible options for providing the right level of detail, in the right place (we love using Embed to give users the right information right were they are).

Cons: Missing feature (which is on the way) - ability to keep some categories internal, so we can notify internal stakeholders of changes to platform/internal components.

• Reviewed on 13/10/2020
Marc R.
Designer
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2020

"Invaluable Tool for Teams Building Software"

Pros: LaunchNotes has really helped to streamline the release process for our team. Something that used to be a very manual process for us in the past. We're now able to accurately release regular updates to discuss what's changed and the improvements we've made. We're now able to share new features or upcoming updates well ahead of time - helping to onboard customers into our beta programs prior to roll-out. This gives us ample time to polish and make updates for our customers. Our customers love the ability to subscribe to the updates they care about - which really helps with our engagement­čÜÇ

Cons: LaunchNotes was really simple to set up and rollout to our team. That said with any software there is always a little learning curve, the resources provided to set this up were helpful on the Getting Started portion. I wish there was a way for LaunchNotes to help me gather new subscribers by leveraging our sign-ups from Intercom. That would be incredible for us!

Ej A.
VP Product
Entertainment, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/11/2020

"Our company's system of record"

Comments: I manage several remote teams of devs and product managers. I couldn't do my job without this tool. We wasted a lot of time on a number of different potential solutions, but everything finally fell into place when we adopted LaunchNotes. It's simple to set up, easy to use, and most importantly, it just works. And works exactly like we need it to. For anyone that's trying to keep track of (or manage) multiple streams of work across remote or distributed teams, this product is a slam dunk. And honestly, for the value you're getting, the price is unbelievable.

Pros: The biggest pro of LaunchNotes is that it naturally creates this amazing system of record for your business ÔÇö a system of record that used to exist in about 10 different places. Now that we have everything centralized, our internal teams can find, access, and get context around anything they want or need to in seconds. And it's the same for our users: they can also easily see everything we've shipped and all of the value we're delivering to them (including smaller changes and updates we're making to the product). We even use LaunchNotes to showcase what we're working on and what's going to ship next, which is really useful. The user segmentation and categorization piece is an amazing touch as well, and provides our Product Marketing team with an amazing channel to highlight and promote new features to the right audience segments. Our PMMs love the tool. I don't know what else to say. Definitely recommend it!

Cons: The only con I hear from some of our users is they'd like to see a Microsoft Teams integration so they can begin receiving updates directly via Teams. LaunchNotes has a slick Slack integration and from what I understand a similar Teams integration is in the works. But that's about it

George H.
Fractional Finance
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2020

"Enhances communication at a time when we are more remote than ever before."

Pros: Communication, communication, communication. This product has simplified our lives by providing one place to communicate all product changes so that everyone is always on the same page. It keeps teams perfectly aligned with what's going on wrt product development side of the house. Best feature .... the categorization system has saved a ton of time by ensuring the right people are getting the right message at the right time. Our teams can update something once in LN and the product does the routing and ensures it reaches the intended audience, wherever they may be.

Cons: Product is still early so there are always features that would be nice to haves; however, so far no features are missing that are causing any major setbacks.

• Reviewed on 14/09/2020
James C.

"Awsome tool"

Comments: It's one of the best application to distribute the softweare updating for end-users.

Pros: Easy to manage the software implementation and update distribution to end-users.

Cons: There is no notification when public subscriber joins.
It's a bit hard to delete the Grid.
When update the artiple, if there is update button, it'll be much better handling.

CTO
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2020

"A great way to communicate changes to stake holders"

Pros: I really enjoy that we have one central location to communicate change which reduces our reliance on Slack. Before using LaunchNotes we used Slack for all our communications and changes would get lost in the churn. Now weÔÇÖre able to have one simplified location for all product changes. I also really enjoy the clean presentation for external stake holders. When a lot of change is occurring it helps to have a clean channel to communicate with outside people who donÔÇÖt have a lot of time to dig through release notes.

Cons: LaunchNotes is new so looking forward to seeing more features added as the product is developed.

• Reviewed on 27/10/2020
Dan C.
Director of Product, Healthcare Analytics
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2020

"A dream tool for Product Marketing and Product Management"

Comments: I've been in Product Management and Product Marketing for two decades and honestly this is the exact tool I've been searching for the entire time. I'm actually shocked that no one built something like LaunchNotes sooner. It's just incredibly powerful for PMs and PMMs (and even Customer Success Managers) to have a direct channel to reach users about upcoming changes - both before AND on the day those changes land. The segmentation makes it super simple to ensure you're only reaching the people you want with each and every communication. Our Email and Analytics teams also love it because it means we don't have to bother them every time we want to send an update or launch announcement to our user base. Oh, and the customer support has also just been stellar. Can't say enough good things about this team and their tool. Love it!

Pros: The biggest pro is that it's given our entire organization a single place (and channel) to communicate directly with customers ÔÇô and specifically the customers we need to reach ÔÇô so we're no longer hitting huge swaths of people with irrelevant emails and seeing high unsubscribe rates. Prior to LaunchNotes, my teams had documentation, product change info, and launch comms hosted in 10 different places. Release notes were buried somewhere in Zendesk, a bunch of teams had their own changelogs hosted in GitHub and some legacy homegrown tool, the PMM team published blogs about new features and updates on our company blog where no one saw them (and of course they only had the bandwidth to cover the largest feature releases, as it's a really small team), the PM team sent a monthly product roadmap email that very few people ever read, and all the while the Customer Success folks were trying to keep users ahead of changes using in-app banners and pop-ups (and of course the segmentation on those never worked properly). It was an absolute mess until we rolled out LaunchNotes. Now each of the things I've mentioned above is all taken care of in a single place and through a single tool. Engagement with LaunchNotes notifications is through the roof and it gives us (and our Email team!) great peace of mind knowing we're not spamming anyone. As an added benefit, the PM team has now begun using it to announce beta features and enroll users in private beta programs, which has been super cool.

Cons: The only con we've run up against is the lack of email customization. Ideally we'd love to have the emails that LaunchNotes sends out on our behalf to be custom branded. However, I reached out to the LaunchNotes team and they told me it's on the roadmap and should be available soon. Other than that, no cons to report!

• Reviewed on 30/10/2020
Customer Success Manager
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2020

"Great tool to align your team and customers"

Comments: Great product, really helps keep our team on the same page around product changes, and it's very useful having a dedicated place for customers to see what's going on. Before this, our information was decoupled, in Slack, Confluence, emails... no one knew where to find information about what's coming up and what's changed. LaunchNotes is helping us operationalize product change communication.

Pros: Super simple to get up, and the team has been really great to work with.

Cons: None at this time, I'm sure as we continue to adopt LaunchNotes we'll find additional functionality we need, but the team seems very responsive and available to talk through our feedback.

• Reviewed on 19/10/2020
Amir K.
Head of Marketing
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2020

"Way more feature engagement, way less unsubscribes"

Comments: The only thing I'd add here that I didn't say above is that the team that built this product is awesome. I've been in direct contact with several of them to ask questions, share feature requests, and just to talk shop about release comms strategies. Just a really nice team that provides phenomenal customer service. I have no idea how quickly LaunchNotes is growing, but I think this product is going to blow up!

Pros: When someone first recommended LaunchNotes, and told me it came out-of-the-box with a communication platform that would allow me (a PMM) to communicate directly with different segments of my user base, it was seemingly too good to be true. But since we rolled out the product a few months ago I can not only confirm that this is exactly how the product works, but moreover that we've seen significantly higher engagement on new features as a result of using it. Additionally, we're also seeing way fewer unsubscribes from our email lists as well. And both of these things are a direct result of the awesome segmentation engine in LaunchNotes. Being able to cut through the noise with some serious signal is making an enormous difference, both for our teams, as well as our users.

Cons: I think it would be fantastic if they could begin to tie some of these engagement metrics we're seeing on our side back into a single dashboard, just so I could have a macro-level view of how successful each launch/release is. However, I reached out and suggested they build this and they said they're already working on it. So not sure I would really call it a con :)

• Reviewed on 02/11/2020
Designer
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2020

"Great product for transparent communication"

Comments: Every team I've been on has had communication issues around product change. PM's spend their days keeping track of who needs to know what, marketers hear about a new feature the day before it goes out and customer support hears about it from their customers (eeek)! I love that LaunchNotes is trying to solve all of this by being the one stop place for all product release communication.

Pros: I love that LaunchNotes allows us to show different announcements to different groups of customers, across email and the app widget. Our customers hear about what they need to know, at exactly the right time!

Cons: They don't have all the bells and whistles yet because they're an early stage startup, but the team moves quickly shipping the features that we need.

• Reviewed on 24/10/2020
Scott K.
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2020

"Always a huge pain point, great streamlined solution"

Comments: Early team clearly knows what they're doing. Product performs well, great messaging and help to get me to use all of the features of the product. Sales and support were extremely pleasant, never pushy, and allowed me to go at my own pace.

Pros: Easy setup, easy to understand, easy to launch right away. Pricing made sense. All around an easy decision, and the product performs really well - power when you need it but otherwise it gets out of your way.

Cons: Just waiting for more features! For an early startup they're running super fast, but still young. I'm excited for the future.

• Reviewed on 01/11/2020