15 years helping British businesses

United Kingdom Local product

About Vestd

Vestd’s award winning share scheme platform is the best way to link rewards to goals! FCA-regulated and synced with Companies House.

Learn more about Vestd

Pros:

Its fair to say that we were a difficult client, with a complicated share capital structure (5 classes of share) and very particular requirements that needed addressing quickly.

Cons:

I think the product has a hard job to make complex products, especially because of regulatory requirements, accessible.

Vestd ratings

4.8
5.0
4.7
4.7

9.4/10

Vestd has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars based on 81 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Vestd before?

Managing Director in UK
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11–50 Employees

Peace of mind & ease of use

Comments: This has been the real positive, the software just does what it needs to and maintains a clean record of our affairs. What has made Vestd such a good choice for us is the very detailed and thoughtful guidance before, during and long after signing up. They have made time and brain available to understand our business, its needs and objectives and given advice on that basis. Never with any pressure or spin. About a year ago I was interviewing someone for a job. She had previously worked in a small company which she'd been in from the get-go. It had sold. I mentioned something about how presumably she'd walked away with some reward from it all. Raw nerve touched. Long story short, the owner had set up EMI shares themselves but hadn't done it correctly. The buyer came in, saw that the shares were incorrectly administered and gave her nothing at all. Moral of the story: if you are going to do this stuff, do it right.

Pros:

Like me, it's simple. It takes what is a potentially horrendously complex process and makes it simple and clear. The interface is very clear - that's both for me on the dashboard and for users who log in.

Cons:

Not a lot to say on this front, nothing springs to mind. Of course, I'm not someone with deep knowledge of share issues so there are better people to ask out there, somewhere...

Andrea
Fractional CFO in UK
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Amazing software, amazing team. You're in good hands.

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

- Equity Management can get messy and overwhelming to track - Vestd makes all these procedural steps less frustrating and streamlined - Even if you're lost, the team is so knowledgable and reactive, you will never feel like you need an internal expert to ensure you're doing things the right way Special shoutout to [sensitive content hidden]

Cons:

Nothing I can think of at the moment? I couldn't imagine going back without it

Francesco
Architecture & Planning, 2–10 Employees

A great platform, but it comes with a high price tag

Pros:

Vestd helped us in critical moments of our equity round and helped make cap table management much easier.

Cons:

The price feels high, especially for very young startup. It would be great to have a pricing linked to company size or maturity

stephen
CFO in UK
International Trade & Development, 11–50 Employees

Great platform with available and responsive support team

Pros:

Ease of funding round management and Co house integration to ensure statutory records kept up to date. Supportive content for more complex share issues and quick feedback from the support team to help when needed.

Cons:

Nothing - the platform and team have brought increased control and efficiency to complex processes

Elliot
Founder in UK
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Great product and customer service

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Used it issue share certificates during our funding rounds, to visualise the equity cap table, to complete admin tasks for companies house and HMRC, and to set up our EMI share scheme for employees. Would definitely recommend it and found it to be incredibly useful.

Pros:

Ease of use, lots of help articles, lots of automations, synced with Companies House, great customer service.

Cons:

Fairly costly, but would certainly say it's worth the cost.

Mark
Director Owner in UK
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

EMI Options & Growth Shares

4.0 last month New

Pros:

The system is very detailed and in most part user friendly. Though one of the best things about Vestd. is the customer support and hand holding. From initial discussions, setup, to questions, meetings and advice the support I would say is top notch.

Cons:

The only slight issue is that it wasn't always easy to know what you need to do on the site, if you are doing it alone. Though as above the support is excellent, so it pays to have the all in package.

Lucy
Operations Lead in UK
Aviation & Aerospace, 11–50 Employees

Great platform with excellent customer support

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Customer support is excellent - prompt responses, happy to get on calls to explain, very knowledgeable

Cons:

I wish there was more customisation available in simulating cap tables

Kit
Co-Founder in UK
Consumer Goods, 11–50 Employees

Harry & the customer team are legends!

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall really happy, the team behind it are the most important factor!

Pros:

Super helpful customer service, the team are always on hand

Cons:

It's an expensive service ongoing, but actually good valuable vs lawyers

Jasmer
Facilities Services, 11–50 Employees

Canvas Review

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Very easy platform. Great customer service support

Cons:

Not having a dedicated support but this is offset by fast turnaround

Matti
CEO in Finland
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Great platform for start-up

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Agile partnership and growth share structure

Cons:

Some information/documents difficult to find

Josipa
Operations Specialist in Croatia
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Great platform and even better customer support

Pros:

I had an amazing experience using this platform! The staff was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable throughout the entire process. From the moment we signed up, they guided us every step of the way, ensuring that we had a seamless experience. Their expertise was evident as they addressed all my questions and concerns promptly and with great detail. It was refreshing to interact with a team that was well-informed about their platform. Additionally, the platform itself is exceptionally well-organized. The layout is intuitive, making it easy to navigate and find exactly what I needed. The categorization and search functionalities are top-notch. Overall, the staff's helpfulness and the platform's organization make this an exceptional platform that I highly recommend.

Cons:

No complaints, everything was top notch.

Imen
Head of People in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Vestd has the most amazing team I have ever come across

Comments: I think Vestd has hired a team of the kindest, understanding, helpful and supportive people. I have personally had the best customer service interactions I've ever experienced. Each member of the team who helped me made me feel as though they worked me and me alone, with one on one support, prior knowledge of the company and coming to calls already knowing some of the things I struggle with. They have made something so complicated so incredibly smooth to do.

Pros:

The product itself is so easy to use and you are talked through the way to use (as many times as you need) and you receive incredibly helpful emails with updates/instructions.

Cons:

No bad points from me, I personally think the software is 10/10

mark
MD in UK
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

great application that saved so much time

Comments: excellent and support were very helpful and knowledgeable

Pros:

before Vestd we were manually updating spreadsheets and sending out information which was very time-consuming​. Vestd took all the admin out of our hands and automated it. Also the presentation of the information and flexibility​ of the application made internal and external reporting simple and efficient .

Cons:

it provided all we needed so no negative feedback

Vestd Response

4 years ago

Thanks so much for the good words Mark! We really appreciate it.

Paul
Chief Operating Officer in UK
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Simple to use and excellent customer support

Comments: We are very satisfied with the platform and it does exactly what we need. The support we have received from the Vestd team has been excellent, and this has extended way beyond the product into how we manage our shares and company filings.

Pros:

It is simple to use but at the same time offers a comprehensive management platform, plus the automated reporting is really useful.

Cons:

Occasionally it can be tricky to find the exact admin screen needed as it isn't always obvious from the menu system, but the support team are always quick to point us in the right direction.

Director in UK
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Would highly recommend

Pros:

Cap table management and managing the companies house documentation process.

Cons:

The software is a little on the expensive side for a SME.

Matthew
Managing Director in UK
Information Services, 11–50 Employees

EMI Scheme for SME

Pros:

Visual representations for the EMI members. Relatively easy to use. Level of support / customer service is excellent

Cons:

Some of jargon is probably too wordy for a complete novice to understand straight away.

Andreas

Ease of setup & automation

Comments: The tool works well, does what it says. Not more, not less. Refreshingly simple.

Pros:

- the tool, albeit a new service, is well-though through - the setup is the best. The people taking you through the process made the speed and convenience the real reason why I'd recommend this service - regular reminders to follow up on required steps for HMRC or other parties

Cons:

not much to not like ... it works well, does what it says. Only once one request did not instantly work, perhaps due to a bug. But team response speed, and the tool allowing manual overwrite, fixed it

Simon
Staffing & Recruiting, 51–200 Employees

Excellent product & support

Comments: Long term partnership, they helped shape our scheme and have been invaluable in getting our valuations over the line over the last few years.

Pros:

Extensive features, easy to use, very good support team.

Cons:

Some confusing concepts (but that's EMI for you!)

Steve
Chairman in United Arab Emirates
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

Great software

Pros:

Compared to legal work it is effective, better record keeping and a doddle.

Cons:

It doesn't spit out the share registers in the right form and there is some manually editing.

Harry
Building Materials, 51–200 Employees

Good product and service

Pros:

The ease of use once the products been setup has been brilliant and makes filings alot easier and cheaper than it's alternatives

Cons:

The initial product setup was a challenge to bring our structure to the platform, but that's not a Vest'd problem

Katherine
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Great Platform!

Pros:

Took away all the stress of setting up my EMI and made getting the basic answers around issuing equity or options during my upcoming investment round easy. A clear case of "take my money!" right now and let's get this started. By the end of the day, we had everything deployed and setup. Great customer service and intuitive platform.

Cons:

Slightly expensive for a start-up, but it's an investment in my employees so it's necessary.

Andrew
Co-Founder & Chairman in UK
Market Research, 11–50 Employees

Making the complex simple

Comments: It's helped us simplify share ownership and transfers, and given full visibility for shareholders too - a brilliant one-stop-shareholder-shop!

Pros:

It's so beautifully user-friendly: I love using it! Share ownership and movements can be a complicated area, but Vestd have stream-lined it into something much more simple. There's also complete transparency about cost - often not the case with legal issues.

Cons:

Some things that is doesn't do - like approving Shareholders Agreements. Also, adopting non-standard approaches (like Articles of Association) is more of a challenge. But help is always on hand, and efficient guidance is given promptly and professionally.

grace
founder in UK
Market Research, 2–10 Employees

So easy and much cheaper than getting a solicitor to do it

Comments: Really pleased to be able to get my employees invested in the business and its outcomes.

Pros:

Initial call with vestd team (hannah) was the most clear explanation of share schemes that I got anywhere and I was a beginner + spoke to a few people. Then very responsive onboarding team (mark), quick, clear and helpful emails. Not having to deal with companies house directly is brilliant. Also great that share scheme recipients can log in and play with the platform and see their asset in a more tangible way

Cons:

One or two v. small niggles about the UI on first use, but I did get the hang of it

Olivia
COO in Canada

Amazing support.

Comments: Amazing customer support. We had a very tight timeline to grant options and the help we received was unparalleled. Big shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] on the customer team for helping us meet our deadlines.

Pros:

Great UI, no training needed to get going.

Cons:

Nothing to note. Everything worked well

Khuzema
Accountant in UK
Accounting, 11–50 Employees

Customer Support

Pros:

At the start of choosing the company for investment purposes, there was a video detailing their product and it also provided their assurance in respect of support available.

Cons:

None. To be honest there are none. I have receiveived a helping hand all the way through to submission of final EMI notification