About AdvisorStream

Cloud-based content marketing solution that helps financial advisors to automate marketing and manage client relationships.

Learn more about AdvisorStream

Pros:

It gives our clients access to paid subscriptions of sources people want to hear from.

Cons:

The emails and posts don't generate much engagement.

AdvisorStream ratings

4.5

9.1/10

AdvisorStream has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 76 user reviews on Capterra.

Sort by

Have you used AdvisorStream before?

Financial planner in Canada
Banking, 10,000+ Employees

Integration with my current position

5 2 years ago

Comments: Based on the last couple of years of experience I was able to promote myself and build my brand among the readers and followers.

Pros:

Advisor stream was able to make switch and seamless integration from my previous company to my new role. I was able to keep uploaded articles and send newsletter to both old and new lists while the switch.

Cons:

The only thing I think Advisor Stream could use for the future is to be able to use more social media platforms such Instagram. Also to use articles and updates from the company where I work now

Keith C.
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees

Automated and off of my plate!

5 2 years ago

Comments: I love it. It keeps me in front of clients and prospects on a weekly basis or more and it has relevant, engaging content that my clients actually take the time to read and enjoy it.

Pros:

The posts are engaging and interesting to my clients. I've had a number of clients who have called me to talk about a weekly letter or a social media post that they saw. The best part is that it takes zero time out of my schedule!

Cons:

I would say the only downside is getting all of the names into the software. It is just time consuming, but there is no way around it and you have to do that no matter what software you're going to use.

Adam R.
Director & Chartered Financial Planner in UK
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

A Good way to maintain contact

3 2 years ago

Comments: generally good. We had some issues at outset and since service started but generally addressed quickly

Pros:

a regular communication to keep us in clients minds

Cons:

sometimes the communications are irrelevant and the lack of option to reduce the frequency slightly is somewhat frustrating

Roy S.
Owner in US

Great Return on My Investment

5 last year

Comments: They are great. Great product, great customer service. They are also willing to listen to constructive feedback.

Pros:

AdvisorStream's automated newsletter service is very easy to use and helps me stay in contact with current clients and reach out to prospects on a regularly scheduled basis. I can see who viewed which articles which makes it easy to see which topics my clients and prospects are interested in, creating richer conversations. I also check AdvisorStream every day as an aggregation of financial planning and social topics. I learn something new several times per month doing this as part of my routine.

Cons:

I have been using AdvisorStream for approximately 5 years and I've seen the changes they have gone through. Their first iterations needed improvements, which they made. It took time for me to get the software to operate exactly how I like, but a brand new customer today may not have the same growing pains that I experienced.

Ellen L.
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees

Engaging content - great service!

5 last year

Pros:

I am very impressed with the articles included in my newsletter. They address the topics I requested and are very engaging. I have received great feedback from my clients and prospects about how much they appreciate the content. The system was easy to set up and automate - I never have to worry about it!

Cons:

No improvements that I can think of - I have loved the service

Marguerita C.
CEO in US

Great Product, Great Support, Great Value

5 last year

Comments: I think they provide a great customer experience and excellent product.

Pros:

AdvisorStream helps me improve client engagement. AdvisorStream is easy to learn and easy to implement. The customer support team is helpful and accessible.

Cons:

I don't really have any complaints. I think they are always adding new content partners

Cynthia C.
Marketing Director in US
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

Timely and accurate information for our clients

5 last year

Comments: Makes it very simple to send a prospect specific articles on a certain topic, wills, estate planning, etc.

Pros:

I find working in Advisor Stream very user friendly. When they have updates they tend to be very well structured in that you can still work easily in the program without losing your way.

Cons:

When adding a new contact, you enter the persons fn, ln and email and hit save, then it asks you to rank them prospect, client, etc. I feel like that should all be on the same page, not in 2 steps.

Carole H.
Financial Representative in US
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees

Timely & intelligent conversation

5 last year

Comments: I appreciate the ease of staying in front of clients and followers with the kind of content that I am proud to share.

Pros:

Providing access to high quality articles about timely topics is a huge value! I read every article and approve what is posted for me in social media as well as what I send in my newsletter. I feel that I am providing real value to my clients and followers. Not only that - the professional layout makes me look great!

Cons:

I do wish I could change the notes that are available to me to send directly to individuals. My company has locked me out of this ability. At times, the text is not a good fit. I would like to change.

Gregory D.
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

Great Content and Service!

5 last year

Comments: Keeping multiple touches with clients and prospects on a regular schedule.

Pros:

Love the diversity of publishers, authors and points of view. Excellent assistance through my account manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Interesting Canadian accent.

Cons:

I have many regular readers. Some just view my written content on a Newsletter and some compliment me on the relevance of the articles. However, I need to be better at converting readers into clients. That is my challenge for 2021.

David A.
Financial Services Professional in US
Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Advisor Stream - pricey, professional, you have to decide if it's for you

5 last year

Comments: Mixed results. The pros as listed above are why I keep it. It really adds a nice level or professionalism. The cost and lack of ROI make it a tough marketing platform to keep. Public image is the best reason to keep this service.

Pros:

The pre-written emails are very well done, thoughtful and insightful. Good selection of articles to utilize. Adds a nice layer of professionalism and credibility to your business. Nice, clean, look and already compliance approved (if that's a concern).

Cons:

It's hard not to see A.S. a glorified version of Hearsay that's a lot more expensive. The emails and posts don't generate much engagement. Not that any software like this does, but was hoping this would bring more results than cheaper options. Not able to make changes to the emails yet but hasn't been an issue so far.

Justin M.
Owner in Canada

Digital Marketing for Financial Advisors

5 last year

Comments: Staying relevant in today's saturated market is important, AdvisorStream helps me accomplish this crucial objective.

Pros:

The best feature about this software is the ability to speak to my market through my health and wellness lens. The ability to curate specific copywritten articles from the world's largest publications that speak my language allows for strong brand consistency. The software is extremely easy to use, and significantly cuts down on the time it takes for digital marketing in the financial services industry.

Cons:

Since using this software, I have not encountered any cons.

Blaine B.
Advisor in US

advisorstream review

4 2 years ago

Comments: I'd say good overall. I've been pretty pleased in a short amount of time. The reporting is insightful

Pros:

Software is user friendly and easy to learn. There are many great resources/articles to use within. The service team is solid and is very quick to answer any questions, concerns that I have. They are also great in working with my Broker/Dealer to solve any potential issues (which are few in number). I have found the software very easy to integrate into other systems that I use for my practice.

Cons:

The cost is my least favorite part, and there were a few slight glitches with initial setup.

Larry M.
Advisor / Founder in US

Client Engagement and Credibility

5 last year

Comments: Great company, high integrity, excellent responsive support!

Pros:

Advisor stream brilliantly writes my weekly newsletter in my own words. No kidding. More than once, I've read the opening paragraph and felt like I actually wrote it! Of course, I did not - but my clients, even my own family, think I did. The newsletter is delivered like clockwork every Friday morning. People expect it, count on it, read it, and actually enjoy it. Advisor stream is the foundation of my client engagement. We do lots of other things - I see the "other things" as guerrilla warfare; The newsletter is my solid, relentless, army, my frontal assault.

Cons:

Very happy with this software; lots of yet unexplored features, (and I've been using Advisor Stream for nearly 4 years)

Laval D.
Executive Director in Canada
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees

I have been using these solution for many years

5 2 years ago

Comments: I am very pleased with the solution and renew it every year I often refer many new advisors to consider this solution

Pros:

Many of my clients directly respond to me with questions from my newsletter. the layout is very professional and I receive a lot of compliments on the content.

Cons:

It would be great to have other social media platforms such as Instagram integrated into the tool.

Brian F.
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

AdvisorStream is worth it!

5 last year

Pros:

It was very easy to set up! They have someone walk you through the steps to set up your account. You can filter the type of articles that you feel suit your client's needs the best. Those articles and newsletters are e-mailed to you for you to review and approve before they are posted/sent to your selected social platforms and clients. I like how the newsletters are addressed to each client individually, which gives it a personal touch. You are able to go into your account and see which clients are reading the articles and newsletters. This gives you a little bit of information on what your clients may need help with or are interested in, which makes for a great meeting ice breaker with clients and also allows you to direct the meeting in a way that meets your client's needs on a more personal level.

Cons:

It's coming up on a year of using this software and I can honestly say that I have yet to find anything that I don't like about it!!

Ronald W.

Advisor Stream Weekly pots

4 2 years ago

Comments: After it was set up, it was great.

Pros:

Once the software was approved by my RIA, it was great.

Cons:

The time it took to get everything approved by my RIA.... almost a year.

Philip R.
Adviser in US

Must have

5 last year

Comments: I had advisorstream to send clients emails to stay top of mind. It works great and i get a lot of responses.

Pros:

AvisorStream is easy to set up. I love the articles and personalization of the reads. I think it's great it is a must have for client touches.

Cons:

One thing i wish it had was a way to send nice birthday cards to clients.

Brad T.
Financial Advisor in Canada
Investment Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great product to touch on our clients

5 2 years ago

Comments: Conistent touch to our clients and prospects in a non-sales way.

Pros:

I like that it writes an introduction in a similar manner , that I would as an advisor. The stories selected touch upon topically matters in my practice, but add some Human-aspect to the reader. I personally like browsing through the 5-6 stories that have been complied in our weekly email to clients and prospects. To-date , we have had good feedback and very little resistance from the list. Easy to use and flags the author of the article and include some internal pieces to the mix.

Cons:

There aren't any real complaints to-date about the product or service. I believ a weekly touch on clients and prospects is the perfect amount for us.

Jason P.
President in Canada
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

A must for advisors in the digital age

5 last year

Comments: Fantastic.

Pros:

The ease of use and implementation. The relevance of media sources. And best of all, it works! It's a great source of lead generation and engagement

Cons:

No complaints. The product is turnkey and the support is great.

Sarah B.
COO in US

Automate

4 last year

Comments: Staying in contract with clients and the forefront of their mind.

Pros:

I love that this automates news letters and personalizes everything with our name and branding

Cons:

I dont understand why the newsletter size is so limited. We can only put a tiny fraction of our newsletter list on here. I also think that its clunky for scheduling out what I want to be sent. I also wish there was a way to change it from "I wanted to send you this" to "we wanted to" since we work in a team capacity.

Andrew S.
Portfolio Manager in Canada
Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Excellent and Easy to Use Product to Send your Message to Clients

5 last year

Comments: For the first time, I can easily communicate with clients directly, and see the impact. I like to see what individual clients are reading/looking at the e-letter I send out.

Pros:

It is easy to use. A wonderful tool to communicate my message to my clients. I also love that I can see how many people are reading/looking at the e-letter.

Cons:

I develop my own e-letters primarily. I would prefer not being "forced" to send articles with the e-letter. Also, the formatting is an issue. I have used the tool to attempt to make the font the same size/look. It doesn't work well. Also, the spacing is often off what it looks like when I type it. My name at the bottom has too many spaces. I would like the message a type to look identical to what clients receive,

Jeanne G.

Review

5 last year

Comments: Very positive. Clients appreciate the articles and newsletter content.

Pros:

Ease of use. Plug and play. Newsletter content is top notch.

Cons:

There is not much to dislike. Previously had challenges that were resolved quickly.

Keith M.
Business Development in US
Investment Management, 11-50 Employees

Current and Consistent Content

5 2 years ago

Comments: It is all in the customer service. The team goes above and beyond for the adviser. Out of all of the vendors we use the team at AS is the most responsive. They routinely go above and beyond for us.

Pros:

Great source of relevant information. It is helpful if you take a semi hands on approach to choosing your articles. This avoids "same-same" content with other users.

Cons:

Can be buggy periodically . Sometimes we have to manually adjust work flows. Not often

Lucas G.
Retirement Plan Advisor in US

Great Access to News Articles

5 2 years ago

Comments: I really like AdvisorStream the access it provides. The system is really easy once you learn it and the content is great! Would totally recommend it.

Pros:

The ability to brand and provide access to news articles that would normally be behind a paywall to our clients is great.

Cons:

Customizing your newsletter can be challenging to get down and the available articles for auto-posting to social media have run out a couple of times.

Marco B.
Financial Consultant in Canada

Your NEED this if your are a Financial Professional

5 last year

Comments: Reaching all of my clients and prospects on a timely and frequent basis.

Pros:

Vast variety of articles and videos covering all topics NOT just financial planning but more importantly life planning and coping especially relevant during the COVID pandemic

Cons:

Not much - some of the articles sound like they are written by me (client feedback) but then they realize the author is writing in first person. The articles also seems to have US bias at times - I guess more publications are from the US.