• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.6 /5

About Sage HR

Sage HR is an award-winning HR management solution that simplifies HR.

Learn more about Sage HR

Robert H.
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2019

"Cake HR - Solid Technology"

Pros: Its simple, does what it says it will do. Personally I like how it syncs with the calendar.

Cons: I took a week off during easter. We have down on it a company day on Good Friday and Bank Holiday on the Monday. Both days were taken from Annual leave.

Dear Robert,

Thank you very much for reaching out!
I'll contact you directly, to go through Leave management once again, as mentioned issue can be resolved, a few clicks is all it takes :)

Shawn Y.
Applications Engineering
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/01/2021

"Sage Solution"

Comments: This software suite will allow managment to automate internal human resource processes, that were previously completed manually. This has improved our internal efficiencies.

Pros: What I liked about this software is the ease to automate internal processes.This software will allow a complete electronic profile to be created for all employees.

Cons: I found there was a bit of a learning curve to become a fluent user. This software may be problematic for non-computer literate employees.

• Reviewed on 03/01/2021
Laura D.
Global Culture & People Happiness Lead
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2019

"Cake HR is a Strategic Partner for Findasense"

Comments: Has helped us a lot in the optimization, automatization and agility to handle our employee data and processes like leaves, feedback, goals, etc.
We have established an alliance with the Cake HR team and this has allowed us to customize the app to our and being able to find solutions to our daily needs.

Pros: Intuitive for its use, user friendly, modern look, flexibility in workflows and constant improvements in the app.
The best part for us is that we have constant contact with the support team and work very closely in designing processes and workflows to respond our internal needs.

Cons: We are working on having a more horizontal structure and be able to install a collective decision making process. So far Cake HR needs for everyone to have a "manager" for approvals in many of the processes so sometimes we need to think around that.
This is not a mejor limitation since the app also allows for some processes to have automatic approvals, but would be interesting to evaluate new organization models.

by HR Bakery on 20/06/2019

Dear Laura,

Thank you for having taken your time to provide us with your valuable feedback! Our goal is to keep new and existing CakeHR features fully customizable, therefore options for different organization models will be definitely considered :)

Lee P.
Principal Developer
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2019

"A great HR platform for smaller companies"

Comments: Overall I am very happy with CakeHR. I am able to figure out who is in and out of the office with ease. My staff love how fast it enables me to approve/deny the holiday requests as it gives all the information I need to make the decision, including automated emails to me and the other administrators. I love how I have been able to integrate this with my google calendar too. The reporting gives good information to so we can better tackle our staff who are off on long term sick etc. Would definitely recommend.

Pros: I like how simple the software is to use and setup. Your business can be good to go in a matter of minutes. The UI looks good and is a very helpful tool to the organisation I work in. Gives me a good overview of who is off and for what reason that day!

Cons: I don't like the permissions model. The reason I stated for a smaller company is because as you grow, it feels the permission model can become a bit more problematic if you want to be setting up complex permissions. E.g. Users able to see everyone off on holiday that day, even if not in your own team.

by HR Bakery on 21/06/2019

Dear Lee,

It's so nice to see that you are actually using a variety of features and find them helpful :) I can assure you that there will be more permission models available in the future, we are working on it. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Olga B.
Project Manager Assistant
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2018

"The Potential of the CakeHR"

Comments: The CakeHR, although with some issues, has quite the potential, especially if the developers continue improving and updating it. Not to mention that it is cheap in comparison to, for example, same BambooHR and it also fulfills pretty much all the needed options.
I was pleasantly surprised with the customer support that I was provided while working with this software: if you have any questions or issues - the support team will always answer you within a day and try their best to adjust the software's settings to your liking and if you still have any further questions - they will arrange a meeting to help you solve the problem.
The CakeHR is especially convenient for those companies that are functioning within one country. However, even if the company has several branches located in several countries it is still not a problem. Although it can be a bit confusing at first with all these access levels and settings that you will have to think about - with the right tags and teams you will manage it just fine.

Pros: The Cake is very convenient for employees in terms of usage: it is simple, understandable, and solves the problem with the time-off policies' usage tracking.

Cons: There were quite a few issues that weren't particularly to my liking; however, after mentioning them to the CakeHR support team - they were quickly fixed and changed in the way we wanted them to. Still, there is one thing that I think needs an improvement. As of now, when you want to upload the documents - you cannot filter/restrict them by location or the team. You can either upload it for everyone within the company to see it or upload it individually. As you might have already realized from that - if you want only one department or only one country's branch to see a certain document - you will have to upload it individually every time.

by HR Bakery on 08/08/2018

Hi Olga, thank you so much for taking time to submit your feedback. More options for documents share is due to be in production next week - so watch this space! :)

• Reviewed on 07/08/2018
Liz W.
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2017

"Cake HR is a very handy tool"

Pros: Shows how much holiday allowance is left in a straight forward manner. Very user friendly and simple to navigate around the site.

Cons: The price went up recently which isn't ideal as we're not getting more for our money. Probably could offer more things on the site.

Hi Liz

I hear your concerns about the price going up but without any new features.
The pricing increase was our first in 6 years - since CakeHR began. "plans" became legacy and we made the cost much more easier to manage. The problem with the plans was that you would essentially pay double for a new hire that would take you from Plus to Premium, for example.

That being said, this year, we're releasing the following:
Timesheets & Scheduling
Performance & Appraisal management
Expenses
Training
Applicant Tracking

All of the above whilst we are also improving on the current features! 2018 is going to be a hot year!

If you want to talk about the pricing more personally, I'm more than happy to make arrangements for that and make sure you value CakeHR and your company correctly.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2017
Mohammad I.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2017

"Fantastic easy to use leave management software."

Comments: Our previous leave management was managed using spreadsheets and this has made things a lot easier.

Pros: Very easy for staff to be able to request time off and for managers to approve these requests. The interface is laid out well and is very easy to use for both management and staff alike.

Cons: The app has limited functionality, there is no option to facilitate scheduling and rotas for staff members, it is not possible to define different hours on a weekend (each day worked is assumed to be the same number of hours). There has also been an issue that i believe remained unfixed where the annual leave year commences on the same day as a public holiday. It throws the whole system off.

Hi Mohamed,

We've wanted to impress you for a long time and I know it has been a long time coming but our developers have been working hard and we¿e finally ready to show you our full-blown Scheduling module for CakeHR.

I'll set up a call to take you through the product and you can then schedule your staff with ease!

• Reviewed on 20/08/2017
Dominik H.
VP Delivery

"Review"

Pros: Easy set-up of policies
Flexible recipes
Good integration to Slack

Cons: No option the save configurations for reports! Really needed! Automated reporting cannot be configured in detail and custom reports cannot have their parameters saved. Org chart is not flexible enough, only based on the direct managing lines. Hard to reflect the administration structure of approvals in it. Also need urgently an option

Dear Dominik,

Thank you for pointing out those things!
We are already working on mentioned features, let's take our conversation further and I'll give you more details! :)

Nick M.
Graphic Designer
Graphic Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2018

"Human Resource As Sweet As Can Be"

Comments: CakeHR is a great way for small companies to feel like they have the presence of a HR department. Although it doesn't replicate all the services it makes sharing information, organizing time off, and more easy for anyone to do. As someone who used it as an employee of a company, it made putting in time off requests easy and the customer support was fantastic the few times I needed to reach out.

Pros: CakeHR is a system I've had to use as an employee. Being forced into a system can often be intimidating and confusing. Using it as an employee has given me the confidence I would need to use it as an administrator if I ever wanted to. The accrual system is fair and responsive and the scheduling and permissions of other users allows everyone to be in sync. For instance, I can see when my co-worker is planning Christmas vacation so I can ensure I'm not taking the same days.

Cons: The only con I can really think of is for United State businesses is that the company is in the United Kingdom. This can cause time zones to kind of be wacky in certain circumstances but they've been providing more and more support in that regard in recent updates and company based decisions.

• Reviewed on 14/12/2018
Marketing Specialist
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2018

"Simple intuitive dashboard to host HR needs for a global company reach"

Comments: It is ideal to have it be able to sync up with our slack account to be in communication with who is out in the global company. such a great tool!

Pros: I like the ease of search through the software, the design that is easy to pick up and function through the site.

Cons: I do not like how it shows up that I have to approve my own time- seems like there is a lack of separation between my account and myself as an admin

• Reviewed on 31/07/2018
Lead Recruiter
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2019

"Awesome!"

Comments: Overall, CakeHR is a great HRIS system. The integration between timesheets and attendance is seamless.

Pros: I love that supervisors can easily approve or deny time-off requests at the push of a button. It is so simplistic and easy to use.

Cons: I wish there was an ATS included with CakeHR but I am sure as it grows they will build an ATS or have it integrate with other ATS's.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2019
Maija S.
HR Manager
  • Reviewed on 12/06/2019

"Good Help Center"

Comments: 9

Pros: Everything in one place was most important

Cons: Not all functions are there which are needed

Dear Maija,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts! Would be great to hear in more details about functions in your opinion are missing, let's schedule a call to see how we can make CakeHR more efficient for you!

• Reviewed on 12/06/2019
Chanel H.
HR & office Assistant
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

"CakeHR"

Comments: I have had an overall positive experience. Took sometime to get familiar with as an Admin but once you get it it is good. As new features are presented I wish they were explained a little more in length and perhaps a tutorial via email was sent.

Pros: How easy it is for my staff to use without wasting time training them.

Cons: I wish it had more features for communication included in the fee

Kristiāna K.
Talent Acquisition Lead
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees

"CakeHR review"

Comments: CakeHR recr. model allows to make recruitment process transparent and makes candidate experience better;

Pros: The possibility to adjust needed features & change what's necessary. The software is very simple to use & understand;

Cons: No manuals to share with other team members

Dear Kristina,

Thank you for bringing this up, CakeHR user manual is actually on the radar - stay tuned :) At the moment for some tips, I would suggest you to use our Knowledge base https://support.cake.hr/ !

Ana B.
Business Manager

"Great tool"

Pros: Easy to understand and to use. Lots of good features.

Cons: Mobile platform could be better in a admin point of view.

Dear Ana,

We will ''refresh'' our mobile app very soon, we understand the importance and realize that we're more on-the-go than ever before!

Thanks a lot for your review :)

Mobile Platform Specialist
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2018

"Very user friendly application that also offers a lot of functionality"

Comments: Our employees have adopted the system very quickly.

Pros: Team Cake HR has been very helpful in implementing and solving all the problems. Our employees have adopted the system very quickly

Cons: I'd like to see more integration with G Suite and GDrive. In some ways, it would be good to add more advanced settings. For example, more options for email notification settings. I would appreciate the possibility of importing data for some leave policies,

• Reviewed on 31/01/2018
Christoph P.
CTO
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2017

"Setup and use were without issues, we used it for a team of about 10."

Pros: Just works. Makes everything transparent for employees, and it requires 0 training for them to use it

Cons: There was a bug in the acurrment calculation but not really a big issue. It would be nice to attach documents to time off for thinks like sickleave

Hi Peter!

Thanks for your honest review. We have just released a new "Recipe" that allows you to customise flows for leave approval. This includes creating tasks for employees to add documents after a certain number of days after the request approval. This is perfect for cases where employees get a sick note a few days after the request.

I'll schedule a call to make sure you're making the most out of this feature!

• Reviewed on 18/08/2017
Vera V.
HR Generalist
Computer Games, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2019

"review"

Pros: Easy-to-use and good looking application

Cons: Limited possibilities of team structures, incorrect holidays recalculation if doing changes after the new year starts - not allowing the flexibility

• Reviewed on 29/01/2019
Richard M.
IT & E-Commerce Manager
Consumer Goods, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2019

"Excellent option for agile HR"

Comments: Really positive both from a management POV but our users love this platform

Pros: Easy to get started, and customise. Really good customer service

Cons: There have been no issues where we were disappointed

by HR Bakery on 20/06/2019

Dear Richard,

We very much appreciate your kind words, we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you :))

Kate W.
Translator
Translation & Localization, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2017

"Appropriate and effective tool to successfully handle every HR related matter."

Comments: Easy time & work management, easy in-company communication, clear work schedule.

Pros: An easy to use and a truly intuitive software with an user-friendly interface. The functions are presented in one menu and adjusted to the needs of every business.

Cons: Notification settings are too general so I kept on receiving notifications that did not apply to me. However, it was dealt with in due time after my kind advice their pro customer approach.

Thank you, Kate!

We are currently building a customisable permission and notification so that you can choose what you receive and when.

• Reviewed on 19/08/2017
HR manager
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/03/2019

"review"

Comments: So far good, but could be better

Pros: Very user friendly! Clear, understandable for all employees.

Cons: It is not ready for effective use, many features are not existing and takes a lot of time to create these new functionalities

by HR Bakery on 10/04/2019

Hi there,

Our system has evolved to be intuitive and user-friendly through close collaboration with our customers. We welcome feature requests and develop them to compliment already existing workflows which work for companies across the globe. Please get in touch with us if there is anything we can build or develop to enhance experience with CakeHR for you and your employees!

All the best
Ilona from CakeHR

• Reviewed on 28/03/2019
Dulce M.
REGIONAL CULTURE AN PEOPLE HAPPINESS LEADER
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2019

"A great solution tu HR processes"

Comments: In general and having 12 years of experience in HR platforms, CakeHR so far is the most friendly and complete, has effective solutions for the processes we handle and is friendly to the entire company

Pros: What I like the most is the fast and effective way in which I can have precise solutions on a single platform

Cons: I have found an area of ​​opportunity when wanting to personalize some precise aspects in the legislation of countries and not being able to do it

Dear Dulce,

Thank you for such a nice review!
I will contact you directly,so we can find a way to resolve your issue.

Jamelle cleofas A.
BUSINESS OWNER
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/04/2019

"CAKEHR REVIEW"

Pros: The app allows us to manage employees on the go, accessible and we can keep track of schedules for our daily operations. We can monitor their daily tasks on this app. It is user friendly and convenient for us business owners.

Cons: None. I like it that employee handling is made possible without using much paper and we can access it everywhere.

• Reviewed on 03/04/2019
Lexi P.
Executive Assistant
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2019

"Good software for tracking PTO"

Pros: I like that it is very easy to request PTO and to set up multiple policies for employees.

Cons: It was a little confusing at times during set-up, we operate in fractions of days and sometimes it is hard to get people to understand how that can be entered into the system.

by HR Bakery on 13/06/2019

Dear Lexi,

Thank you for your positive comments! Just a kind reminder, even though your onboarding process is almost completed, we are here for you!

Do not hesitate to contact us anytime you have a question or feel unsure about any of the features :)

Hitesh V.
IT Admin
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 Employees

"IT admin"

Pros: Easy to manage for HR and also for employees

Cons: Nothing really to say negative about software