MyPOS Connect Reviews

by Tri-City Retail Systems

• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.8 /5

About MyPOS Connect

Cloud enabled retail POS system with powerful inventory management tools and built-in customer rewards programs.

Learn more about MyPOS Connect

Alex W.
General Manager
Tobacco, 2-10 Employees

"My POS Connect"

Pros: I love the feature of the import and export when doing counts, POs, and inventory corrections. The amount of field to get nuanced information when searching is perfect.

Cons: The a couple of problems absolutely have arose over the last 6 months but we have worked past them with the help of the support team. Being that we are in tobacco its kind of a drag that Shopify is the standard of website that it would like us to use.

by Tri-City Retail Systems on 04/08/2020

Hi Alex, Thanks so much for the awesome review! Regarding your Shopify comment, you're right, it is the only "off-the-shelf" eCommerce solution for MyPOS Connect. However, we do have a Web API that will allow you to choose any eCommerce platform you like and then integrate it with our database. Please feel free to reach out to me directly or contact our support team if you would like more information.

John H.
Executive Director

"MyPOS Simplicity"

Comments: The experience has been a vast improvement over our previous POS and the customer support is stellar.

Pros: Easy integration, easy to create hot keys, good permissions control, good out of the box reporting plus the ability to create custom reports. The Shopify sync tool is excellent and simplified our e-commerce setup and inventory control.

Cons: Initially there were some issues with our semi integrated pin pads but that was resolved quickly.

by Tri-City Retail Systems on 24/07/2020

Hi John, Thank you for your review; it's very much appreciated. I noticed that you only gave 4 stars for feature/functionality. If you have ideas that you feel would improve the software, feel free to email them to [email protected]

Linda L.

"Great Software"

Comments: Great experience, still working on understanding how to grow our use and make it more effective.

Pros: Support for the software, set up and make changes are easy, clear fields and how to's.

Cons: Not enough fields for our current requirements.

by Tri-City Retail Systems on 24/07/2020

Hi Linda, thank you for your review; your comments are greatly appreciated. I am concerned to see your scores for "Feature/Functionality" and "Value for Money". We built the membership functionality based on your specifications. So if your requirements have changed, let's look at that. I would also like to know more about why you feel that MyPOS Connect is not excellent value for the price. We believe that our solution offers enterprise-level functionality at a price-point that anyone can afford. If you don't agree, I would love to talk to you about that.

Johnathan R.
Purchasing Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2020

"Simple and easy to use!"

Comments: MyPos helped streamline purcahsing and inventory management. At the same time, the back office gave the administration a lot of access what we needed to log into a store's computer to do.

Pros: The adaptability of the software. There are a lot of customer things that can be done to fit the needs of our organization. At the same time, the program is very simple and easy to use. The transition for our team was seamless.

Cons: The program is a little slow at the till when processing transaction and searching up in our customer database. Our internet connection is fine, but sometimes it take a little longer than we would like to complete some tasks.

by Tri-City Retail Systems on 24/07/2020

Hi John, Thank you very much for your review. I'm concerned about your comment about speed when accessing your customer database. I know that you have over 400,000 customer records, these are all locally stored on each POS station, so the speed of the internet doesn't come into play here. What does affect the speed is the processing power and amount of RAM memory your POS stations have. The bigger the database, the more power you need. Please feel free to contact me to discuss your options for more powerful workstations.

Darren M.
Senior Director, Finance and Operations
Sports, 11-50 Employees

"MyPOS User"

Comments: We use this to run our Merchandise operations and it has helped us analyze our sales in or der to control purchases and inventory

Pros: The product is fairly easy to use and the customer service is great.

Cons: I think the inventory modules could be improved ie past product on hand. Extra cost for integration with other modules ie shopify

by Tri-City Retail Systems on 07/05/2021

Thanks for your review Darren. I really appreciate you taking the time to submit your thoughts. I would love to know what it would take to to get a 5-star rating for Ease of Use and Features/Functionality. Feel free to email your suggestions to [email protected]

Erin D.
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2021

"Change is difficult, but with help it's possible!"

Pros: The back office part of the software is well organized and helps you to walk through whatever task you're looking to accomplish. The spreadsheet integration to enter products and purchase orders is fantastic compared to our last program. The POS part is easy to navigate after some training and allows for quick transactions.

Cons: Things can get very confusing, very quickly. Mistakes are easily made but not easily corrected. Change overall is hard, but it was a bit more intimidating at the beginning than we imagined. If you don't have good trainers to walk you through, good luck! Our tech help has been amazing and is the ONLY reason we've made it as long as we have.

by Tri-City Retail Systems on 07/05/2021

Hi Erin, Thanks for your review; it's very much appreciated. If you have a few minutes one day, I'd love to chat with you to learn what you think MyPOS Connect would need to get 5 stars from you. Please feel free to contact me anytime.

Maryse L.

"Great pos system"

Comments: Great and really love it.

Pros: Really enjoyed the workorders and sending the invoices by email during covid. Love the menu buttons that can easily access products by category. Also love that my data is in the cloud. No more backups and worrying about loosing data.

Cons: If I have no internet I can ‘t access my data.
I had issues with the printing of labels for my products.

by Tri-City Retail Systems on 29/07/2020

Hi Maryse, thank you so much for your review and your positive comments. I agree that it can be annoying if you are performing management functions in the back office software and you lose your internet connection. The good news is that your sales reps can continue to make sales in the POS in offline mode. Some of our customers with spotty internet service get a second fallback internet service or a cell-based internet modem that they turn on when their main service drops out. It doubles your internet service costs but it's a good solution if you cannot afford to have internet outages.

Bill L.

"That Bead Lady Review"

Comments: In isolation, I'm happy with MyPOS; however the integration/functionality could still potentially be enhanced significantly.

Pros: MyPOS is easy to use and reliable. We use the software daily in our retail store. I think the on-line training/help material could be further expanded on.

Cons: I'm still frustrated with the linkage with Shopify. I find I'm having to manage visible on-line skus in Shopify then perform a similar task in MyPOS. With well over 10k skus and movement of inventory this task is almost impossible, especially when you factor in new skus and discontinuing skus in the mix.

by Tri-City Retail Systems on 29/07/2020

Hi Bill, Thank you for your review and especially your comments on our Shopify eCommerce integration. A lot of our customers have deployed this plug-in during the Covid shutdowns; so there has been a lot of focus on building in many new features. I would say that it has been significantly improved since you deployed it last year. Please reach out to our support team to discuss your challenges; they'll do everything possible to help you overcome them.

Michael K.
Furniture, 2-10 Employees

"Cohen and Cohen Review"

Comments: Great !

Pros: The thing I like most about the software is the support that tri-city provides

Cons: My needs thus far have been fairly basic ... over time as we use the system more I will likely find things that need improvement. Overall no complaints

by Tri-City Retail Systems on 29/07/2020

Mike, thanks for your review and for your comment about our support. We're always glad to get suggestions to improve MyPOS Connect. Please feel free to send your ideas for new features or product enhancements to [email protected]

Dana M.
Member
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 06/05/2021

"Great Product and Company"

Pros: From Day 1 of purchasing product this software was very user friendly. The Staff is very easy to work with and has been able to customize or fix any issues that I have had with the software.

Cons: I dont really have any Cons about the product. As I said before, the software is very customizable and can do anything i really need it to do!

by Tri-City Retail Systems on 07/05/2021

Wow! Thanks so much for your review, Dana. Your comment are greatly appreciated.

• Reviewed on 06/05/2021
Jodie L.
Support Manager
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2020

"Easy to use software with fantasic reports and inventory control."

Comments: Keeping track of inventory across four locations was becoming a big challenge. With MyPOS we know exactly where everything is.

Pros: Our staff members, across four locations, were able to use this software with minimal training.

Cons: I can't think of anything I don't like.

by Tri-City Retail Systems on 30/07/2020

Thank you for your review Jodie. We're so glad to have you as a customer.

• Reviewed on 29/07/2020
Jason R.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees

"MyPOS Review"

Pros: Features and functionality. Ease of use

Cons: Nothing. All features and functionality. Somewhat time consuming to migrate but that was expected.

by Tri-City Retail Systems on 28/07/2020

Hi Jason, thank you so much for your review! It's greatly appreciated.

Channing S.
Farming, 11-50 Employees

"MyPOS Connect review"

Comments: Excellent support.
With so many different on line and delivery companies, not looking for perfect integration but need smoother methods for inputting, tracking orders from external systems...

Pros: License fee grows with you based on number and actual use- helpful for seasonal and small business.
Card machine and on line business integrations.
Service! Excellent support.

Cons: There are no hints or self help instructions. While this would be difficult to keep current and is part of their business plan to encourage purchase of support, its not overwhelmingly negative.

by Tri-City Retail Systems on 29/07/2020

Hi Channing, thank you so much for your review and your comments on our service and support. I agree that our user documentation could be improved; we are constantly trying to update the manual but it is a never-ending challenge. Regarding self-help instructions, we recently created a series of screencasts that you can access from the Customer Resource page on our website. They weren't available yet when you had your training, so you might not even know they exist. if you have any other specific ideas about how we can improve MyPOS Connect, please don't hesitate to send them to [email protected] or email me directly.

Trevor W.
General Manager
Sporting Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2021

"Shooter's Choice MyPOS review"

Comments: Right out of the gate there were many Con's with features we were told were available but really were not or were added as we went. a credit to the support team for helping work out many of these over time, however the original pitch to our team on why to make the switch was it had many features we asked about up front, but in the end they did not.
12 months ago i would have given this program 1 star as we were not happy and very frustrated, but with the continued support and features added weekly over the past 12 months i feel it's rating has grown, with the ability to get better if features keep getting added. We honestly felt the sales team oversold the product and it was not as advertised at the start.

Pros: Easy of install
Customer support local and easily available
Past experience with the customer support team with RMS
Customizable features and reports when requested (some times at an extra cost)
search function
Spreadsheet conversions
Cloud based - offline sales

Cons: missing basic features with-in the product itself, causing you to have to leave the product screen and go run individual reports to find the answer to you questions. Many of these are very basic stuff we've seen in much cheaper programs, things like product on order, last sale date, last receive date or even a basic product report with-in the product you're looking at without having to go back and into 3 other screens to find your answer.
Our web-team struggled hard at the start of MyPOS. They were told the API was ready and could do a lot and it didn't, to put it bluntly it was a horrible. Our team actually helped them implement API 2.0.
We've run into many errors that were very difficult to understand along the way, many the DEV team would have to dig into it and get back to us days later, was great support, but very hard to deal with as we almost felt like we were the test run of MyPOS on many occasions.
If the DEV team doesn't think your request is important enough then your request is ignored unless you pay a fee to implement the item.

by Tri-City Retail Systems on 07/05/2021

Hey Trevor, thanks for your input, it's greatly appreciated, although I have to say that this is the first I have heard of your struggles with MyPOS Connect. I want to apologize for any misleading claims during the sales cycle; it's not how we roll. But since I jumped in at the end of your evaluation cycle, I take full responsibility for that. I agree, we did have some challenges launching our API. It needed a lot of tweaking after the initial release. Thanks to you folks and other early adopters of the API, I believe we have ironed out all the wrinkles. And you're right about having to exit from one screen to open another screen. This is a limitation of the UI that we are hoping to solve at some point in the future; even though it has not been a concern for most of our customers. I hope that, in future, you feel comfortable enough to contact me directly if there are any other concerns.

Lisa N.

"MyPOS Review"

Comments: Overall very positive. Big improvement, especially regarding customer service, from our previous provider. Would recommend for any small to medium sized business that cannot afford a custom program as it has almost everything needed. They are also constantly upgrading.

Pros: Love the many reporting options; the ability to program sales and discounts easily; ease in searching for products; integration with excel; ability to integrate with live website for ecommerce (have not used yet); excellent support from Tri City; POS and till process is easy for new staff to learn.

Cons: No accounts payable integration; limited ability to keep notes for customers and suppliers; reports don't sort well (no logic to how the information appears on the report); need a way to highlight most used reports due to the large number of options; need some improvement on inventory count.

by Tri-City Retail Systems on 27/07/2020

Hi Lisa, thanks for your review. I appreciate your kind words but I'm deeply concerned about your comments on Features/Functionality. Please contact our support team and they can set up additional data fields to track whatever information you need for your customers and suppliers. Also, we have an optional Interactive Reports plug-in that will allow you to sort reports any way you like. Please contact me and I can provide more information on this. Lastly, we have done a number of integrations to Accounts Payable systems. However some accounting systems don't allow for A/P transactions to be imported from 3rd party programs. If you are using an accounting system that can import purchases into the A/P module, then our support team can build a custom integration for you.

Marlon L.
IT Manager
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2020

"MyPos gave our fireworks company the bang we needed!"

Comments: The crew at Tri City retail is 2nd to none! We briefly switched to another "cheaper" company for a year, it was the longest year of my life and we hired them back as soon as we were out of contract, Never again !

Pros: Easy to implement, love the bin location feature and the overall ease of the system.

Cons: We literally have zero complaints! TriCity has worked any problem we encountered. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a huge help.

by Tri-City Retail Systems on 29/07/2020

Hey Marlon, thank you so much for your review and your kind words. We're very glad to have you back as our customer.

Rochelle T.
Community Events and Merchandise Manager
Sports, 11-50 Employees

"Review"

Pros: The fact I can import inventory from an excel sheet is a huge time saver. Able to have quick buttons to assist with sales. Able to work with development team to incorporate ask's into the reporting centre. Ie having more product levels in reports to assist with Sales per classification.

Cons: Having the online store with Shopify, I had looked at that system for our POS so it would connect. The price to connect it monthly is pretty high. Updating product individually is hard compared to the old system where you can scroll down and edit. This system times times out and goes to a blank screen to start search again.

by Tri-City Retail Systems on 24/07/2020

Hi Rochelle, thanks for your review; I really appreciate your comment on updating product records individually. I agree that it can be a bit cumbersome when your system is configured to use the search window to find product records. There is a parameter setting that you can change that will default the product search to a list. Please contact our support team and they can show you how to set that.

Majid H.
VP
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2020

"Happy MyPOS Connect user"

Comments: I am a very happy end-user and as a support user and as an admin app user with MyPOS Connect

Pros: All existing features work well, no bugs

Cons: Maybe to add more features , like create a sales order from Store to be picked in store B

by Tri-City Retail Systems on 24/07/2020

Hi Majid, thank-you for your review; it's greatly appreciated. Just so you know, we are currently working on building a plug-in app that enables you to create an order in one store and expedite it (or pick-up) in another store. I will contact you as soon as it's available. If you have any other feature ideas that you believe would improve MyPOS Connect, please email them to [email protected]

Samantha W.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/05/2021

"MyPOS Daily User"

Comments: Awful, I'm a daily user of MyPOS & overall, I dislike this entire program. The fact that it is slow is enough of a reason to hate this program.

Pros: Only thing I like is that you can lock your till by pressing EXIT

Cons: Cloud Base = SLOW, Products can only be edited one at a time & take a year to actually update. Nothing can be edited from PO. PO# can not be edited. Nothing can be changed in Transfer Out/In, or in Purchase orders once you save (ie name, company, number, anything about the product). Partial Receiving with freight isn't allowed. Doesn't let you delete any item - if there are sales records or it was once on t PO or transfer in/out, you can not permanently delete item. I could go on, but there is NOT ENOUGH TIME to type it all out.

by Tri-City Retail Systems on 07/05/2021

Hi Samantha, I am shocked and saddened to read your review! I remember discussing the functionality requirements in detail with the person who evaluated MyPOS Connect and it sounded like we would be a good fit; especially since the POS software we were replacing had less functionality than MyPOS Connect. Most of the problems you list in your review are easily addressed if you give us some time to train you on how to use the software. I do agree that we don't let you delete products if they have been used in transactions - this is so you have access to accurate historical reports. You can certainly deactivate items so that they don't come up on searches. I would really love the chance to discuss your concerns, if you are interested. Please reach out to me at your earliest convenience.

• Reviewed on 03/05/2021
Colin M.
CFO

"Great Product"

Comments: This is a great product and we are very happy with it so far and will be rolling it out to other locations.

Pros: Ease of use and very intuitive. Great functionality.

Cons: We didn't have it sooner. Did not find many issues.

by Tri-City Retail Systems on 24/07/2020

Thanks for your comments Colin. They're very much appreciated.

Ed B.

"Fantastic Product"

Comments: I have a business advisory firm that help out a client with a number of operational inefficiencies . Leveraging the functionality of MyPOS was critical to our success..[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been amazing and certainly goes above and beyond.

Pros: Very user friendly, cloud based. Amazing support. Good value for money. Ease of customization

Cons: That is am not a part owner of Tri-City :-) Seriously, MyPOS does what it is suppose to. It is a very solid POS. I can't think of anything i dislike about it.

by Tri-City Retail Systems on 04/08/2020

Ed, thank-you so much for your review. If you have suggestions for features/functions that you feel would improve MyPOS Connect, please send them to [email protected] or email me directly.

Amber T.
Customer Service Representative

"myPOS Connect"

Comments: We don't have an online store yet, but are headed in that direction. It is good to know that there is an integrated solution available: MyPOS + Shopify

Pros: Best feature (as compared to our previous system) is Physical Inventory taking. Many of our products are non-inventory (i.e. tickets), and we have a fairly small shop. We hand count on paper when we do our yearly inventory. MyPOS allows you to export your product list to Excel, and arrange the paper count sheets in any order that suits you. You can manually input your QTYs back into Excel and then import the numbers to myPOS. Using Excel saves a lot of time. Our previous system didn't allow flexibility in sorting the list, so entering QTYs after the count was very tedious.

Cons: Our previous system allowed us to have 2 separate programs running: the sales module, and the back office module. We could easily switch between windows, to make sales to customers and then (when there's no customer) do back office tasks. MyPOS Connect doesn't allow that flexibility. My desk is a public facing position, where I do sales + all of the back end work. If a customer wants to make a purchase while I am working in the back end (e.g. creating a PO), I have to close it and navigate to the sales screen when a customer wants to make a purchase. This is the biggest drawback of this program. I feel like I lose a lot of time, navigating between front end and back end, as I try to balance customer service with productivity (in terms of "back office" work).

by Tri-City Retail Systems on 27/07/2020

Hi Amber, Thank you for your review and especially for the kind words about our support. I agree with you about the inconvenience of not being able to have two instances of the program running on the same workstation; it means that you must exit out of the POS module to perform back office functions (and vice versa). It's partly a result of how the software is licensed. We will definitely bring this discussion to the developers of MyPOS Connect and see if there is a way to rectify this in a future release.

Tim S.
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2020

"My POS Connect Review by Tim Stauffer Churchills-Crossings"

Comments: Overall very satisfied with My POS. It is easy to customize a lot of the features.

Pros: It is very user friendly and integrates well with other apps in our day to day activities. Was a smooth transition.

Cons: Some reports that we used to have do not exist. Also you are unable to modify reports are shuffle columns etc, giving the option of different sorting. It has to be done in a third party app. ie Excel
Also the ability to create your own reports is not there. Customer files lack information. The info is in different reports.

by Tri-City Retail Systems on 04/08/2020

Hi Tim, thanks very much for your review. You're right, the standard reports do not allow you to drag and drop columns or change groupings, etc. There is an optional Interactive Reports plug-in module that provides this functionality. Please reach out to our support team if you would like it installed. Also, I would like to know more about the customer data you wish to track. The Customer file has extra definable fields we can configure to track whatever customer information you need. Feel free to contact our support team or email me directly with your ideas.

Keith S.
  • Reviewed on 02/08/2020

"Popeye's Edmonton and area"

Comments: Great, no complaints.

Pros: Integration was easy...the system is easy to teach others.

Cons: The back button is not really back and the overall functioning is slow.

by Tri-City Retail Systems on 04/08/2020

Hi Keith, thanks very much for your review. I'd like to know more about why your system is running slowly. There are a number of conditions that could be causing this. Please contact our support team or email me directly so that we can diagnose the reason and suggest some solutions.

• Reviewed on 02/08/2020
Philippe-antoine D.
Owner & President
Retail, 201-500 Employees

"MyPOS Feedback"

Comments: We are extremly happy with the system and the integrators (TriCity). The system is very stable, user friendly and we are able to customize pretty much everything that we want. The possibilities are endless. They are at the forefront of the technology.

Pros: There is a long list of features that we love but one of the deciding factor was the cloud base system while having an offline redundancy at the store level. If we lose internet we are able to still conduct our activities.

Cons: The interface isn't the most pretty out there.

by Tri-City Retail Systems on 27/07/2020

Hi Phil, Thanks for your review and your kind words. It's very much appreciated. I agree with you; the UI is a bit simplistic. MyPOS Connect was designed this way so that users could switch between a PC monitor with a keyboard and a hand-held tablet with out a keyboard - and they would see the exact same screen design. This eliminates training issues when using two different POS form factors. We are always looking to improve the software; so if you have any ideas for how we could improve the UI, without losing this ability to easily switch between form factors, I would love to hear them - or you can always send your design requests to [email protected]