Filter by:

• Overall

About Shopify POS

Built for retail, Shopify POS brings your sales, inventory, customers, and more together across brick & mortar and online locations.

Learn more about Shopify POS

Kaden B.
Kaden B.
Business Owner in US

Revolutionized My Business

5 2 years ago

Comments: Awesome. They’ve changed our business to one that was making $500 a month to one that has quadrupled in size in just a year.

Pros:

I have been so impressed with everything that Shopify offers. Their reporting, different integrations, website building, all of it is so impressive.

Cons:

I haven’t found anything that I don’t like about Shopify. I’ve been very impressed with them from the beginning.

Maile U.
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees

Mostly good

5 10 months ago

Comments: Despite the minor flaws, I still use Shopify POS because it is the easiest POS solution for my business. The pricing is fine as well.

Pros:

The Shopify POS is linked to my product list, which makes it easy to select which product(s) shoppers are buying.

Cons:

It was hard to set a temporary sales tax. I live in Oregon where we don't have a sales tax, but sometimes travel to other states for conventions or shows. While at the show I need a way to set a location-based temporary sales tax and at the same time allow my online customers to check out without any sales tax. That was surprisingly hard to do last time I used Shopify POS. It's possible the problem has been fixed by now... I haven't used it since before the pandemic started.

Diana K.
Retail, Self Employed

Having a tough time getting it to work

3 6 months ago

Comments: Once I can get it all set up and functional I think I'll be really happy, but so far I'm struggling with implementation.

Pros:

I really like that the POS integrates with my website and I can't oversell anything. I like that it's the same company as my website and I don't have to manage multiple interfaces.

Cons:

I have had nothing but issues with the hardware and multiple chats with customer service to try and resolve. I also really don't like the new interface. There is so much additional clicking around to finish a sale, it's awful.

Jessica R.
CEO in US

Great POS system for businesses

5 7 months ago

Comments: Overall this is very convenient to use and i love how it integrates directly with shopify!

Pros:

It seamlessly integrates with Shopify making it very convenient to view my transactions whenever i make sales outside of shopify.

Cons:

I had some instances when using card processor sometimes it doesn't want to accept payments and i would have to enter the order in manually

Clifton G.
Sports, 2-10 Employees

Shopify - great solution for our Yoga Studio

5 5 months ago

Comments: It was a GREAT experience for all. The Local vendor could monitor all sales easily.

Pros:

We partnered with a local vendor to sell retail items at our Yoga Studio. This option enabled us to carry a larger selection of items without having to manage or pay for the inventory. Shopify enable us to handle the POS plus the inventory management. It's ability to show images and bar codes made training the Front Desk staff simple.

Cons:

It was another software solution for our Front Desk staff.... BUT it reduced our losses in Retail,,, actually we made money in Retail with out the costs.

Kelly M.
Retail, Self Employed

Not a fan of the app update

4 12 months ago

Comments: The old POS app was very easy to use, but with the update I am thinking of switching to Square. I reached out customer service about the possibly of reverting to the old app; they respond quickly which is great, but unfortunately we are stuck with the new app which I do not think will work for our business.

Pros:

Shopify makes it easy to add and edit products to your library. It's great that it tracks inventory and can easily see sales and customer data.

Cons:

I have been using shopify pos for almost 2 years and am very disappointed with the recent upgrade. We use the pos app for farmers markets and oftentimes don't have great internet. With the new update, we cannot even get into the app without great internet. Additionally, there is a new password feature that is used to get into the app. It was not very intuitive to figure out how to turn this off and caused some problems with our staff. The new layout is not very user friendly as I find myself having to do several extra steps to complete a sale than I used to.

Jessica C.
manager in US

love centralizing my POS and website together!

5 3 years ago

Comments: got us more sales!~

Pros:

I was using square as my POS for a long time and it worked fine for years I had zero complaints but something better came along shopify POS ... the reason i decided to switch over (again i had 0 issue w square i loved it) is because my website runs on shopify so its alot nicer to be able to ring customers up and tie it to my website i can then add them to my email list , aesthetically it looks nicer esp on the customers end, i can literally sell items from my website on the go! love it! helps me track what i sell more of, which makes my job easier! the fees are decent.

Cons:

I did sign up for this when it first came out so I had to "wait" a few weeks before it got to me, which was not a big deal but really was the only con . no complaints as of yet

Daniel P.
Head of Marketing in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Fantastic POS Software

5 3 years ago

Pros:

I love how this software is completely integrated with our Shopify e-com store. This allows me to sell my products at different pop-up events throughout the year. If I didn't have this, I'd be worried about trying to keep track of transactions, keep cash on hand, etc... This makes life easy and simple

Cons:

This sin't really a con, but I get worried sometimes that the internet might conk out on my phone. You can't process transactions unless you have a signal, so you're dependent on a good connection. I've been able to work through everything so far, but it is a little scary when it takes a couple of seconds to process a customer's transactions.

Lorie T.
Boutique owner in US

4 year user

4 3 years ago

Comments: I have loved using Shopify pos

Pros:

Ease of use, that it can be set up on an iPad, wireless scanner capabilities. Easily to do phone orders. Syncs with website

Cons:

Returns can tend to be difficult at times due to the new update. Sometimes I only want to do store credit but it will give me an option to put it on their credit card only so we have to manually figure it out. The old version was much better in my opinion.

National Account Manager in US

We use Shopify for eCommerce sales. Some sales are placed via phone that we enter through Shopify.

5 4 years ago

Comments: Ease of use, communication about accounts is so easy, works great with our accounting software and marketing automation. Shopify has made the CSR team much more effective.

Pros:

Ease of use - we used to have magento and it was not easy to use at all. Shopify is simple to place all orders and we love the notes section. The notes allow our CSR team to communicate effectively and efficiently regarding accounts.

Cons:

Honestly, we have not found anything that we don't like yet. We also use the marketing automation for our customers which is a great tool.

Michael S.
Owner/Manager in US

Works Great

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Powerful program. It basically runs our brick and mortar store. All products, financial reports, product sales are all in one place. Accessing by cell phone. lab top or home PC make it invaluable.

Easy to use. Powerful.

5 4 years ago

Comments: It's great for my website and makes fulfilling orders easy.

Pros:

Just the basic version of Shopify is powerful enough to run a successful e-commerce website. The addition add-ons make you an unstoppable entrepreneur as you can build a custom store to fit your needs.

Cons:

I wish you could build a website beyond your web-store within Shopify. You can build pages and do workarounds to make it feel more complete but it lacks some functions you would get from say... Blue Host or Squarespace, or Wix.

Matthew L.
Matthew L.
President in US
Music, 11-50 Employees

Quick software with nice looking UI. Easy to navigate and works well with integrated hardware

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Keeps track of all products online. Easy to make changes on the fly or take multiple types of payments.

Cons:

Does not know to merge clients (always multiples or cannot find them), does not allow to look up client info from the orders page on the app

Josh M.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees

Reciew

5 3 years ago

Pros:

I love being able to see how my company has done on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.

Cons:

Some of the features are hard for my workers to access and use without my help

Founder and President in US
Sports, 2-10 Employees

Great System for Your Sales

5 2 years ago

Comments: We had been testing out other shopping portals, systems, etc. There is a reason Shopify is so popular. It's a great option if you're looking for a POS system.

Pros:

Simple set up, reasonable price point, easy to add and adjust our product offerings, so nice to have a system that does the "heavy lifting" for us by providing our online storefront, so to speak.

Cons:

There isn't really anything we don't like about this software. It has been a positive experience overall.

IT MANAGEMENT AND CIBERSECURITY in US
Computer Networking, Self Employed

easy integration

4 last year

Comments: you could to improve your business with a few efforts to creat amazing results

Pros:

at the time to choose your platform i think that shopify offer great solution with availabilty of integrations to improve your business for payments , inventory, unlimited products and pos hardware

Cons:

they have some hidden costs in some cases to get harware integrations, or staff accounts, the analytics services are some simple

Warren T.
Technology Adviser in UK
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 Employees

Great integration with Shopify

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Unsurprisingly, Shopify POS works really well with Shopify! Made it really easy for us to decide, plus it is good value for money for all the features that we needed. Customer service was also very responsive to our needs.

Cons:

Can't think of much here, except for some enterprise-grade features that we won't need at this stage of our business anyway.

Alistair T.
Marketing in Canada

Fantastic!

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Syncs perfectly with your online store to keep track of inventory. Super lightweight and easy to use!

Cons:

If you have your store set-up in a confusing manner, it can take a bit of time to get this perfect, but not hard.

Andrea A.
Accountant in Trinidad & Tobago
Accounting, Self Employed

Shopify Sales System

1 6 months ago

Comments: Overall it's a great system once you can get all your information to set up which can be a bit tidious, but the finished product is exactly what you need for your business

Pros:

Its good that you can have the option of collecting your payments from your drop shipping plan using your mobile or any android

Cons:

Check out can be a bit easier and quicker on the mobile app, it takes a lot to get the system up and running a lot of repetitive questions

Retail, 2-10 Employees

Love Shopify, The POS could be improved.

4 3 years ago

Comments: Overall its good, does the job well. It has some quirks that can be fixed.

Pros:

Its easy to draft orders and get payments in real life. It connects seamlessly with your online store. It included a free card reader.

Cons:

If you have a large amount of SKUs it takes awhile for the search to load anything. Sometimes when you type in an item it brings up something totally unrelated...

Media Production, 2-10 Employees

Great software

5 2 years ago

Pros:

I decided to sell shirts with my name on them and Shopify was recommended to me by a friends. It was so easy to use, I was able to create an online store and sell my first shirt within a day. I couldn’t be happier. I uploaded with ease, collected funds and contact with my fans

Cons:

I don’t have any cons with the software. It worked so fast and easy.

Manager in US

Easy way to process cards for your store on your phone

5 4 years ago

Comments: Simplistic credit card processing housed in the same place as my ecommerce transactions. Makes it easier to sync and reconcile transactions

Pros:

Super simple to use and records it right to your online store. can use your inventory right there as well.

Cons:

I wish there was a desktop version as well. Also a way to manage more then one store without logging in and out every time.

Maeva C.
Marketing Assistant in US
Retail, 501-1,000 Employees

Plenty of features

5 2 years ago

Pros:

The platform is very easy to customize with plenty of additional plug-ins to adapt it to the type of business you have and offer. The additional features are fairly easy to use.

Cons:

I wish Shopify itself offered more features rather than relying on plug-ins so much

Eric L.
landscaper in US
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees

make your shop here

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Easy & quick to set up a shop, takes a little time looking through products but worth it

Cons:

Taking a bit long to find products to sell in my shop, but should be woth it

Antonio D.
CEO in Costa Rica
E-Learning, Self Employed

very good POS

5 4 months ago

Pros:

this is your best friend if you have an e-commerce and retail. con can do all in one place.

Cons:

nothing, just love the ways how you can manage your store here.