United Kingdom Local product

Proteus Reviews

4.9 (17) Write a Review! United Kingdom Local product

About Proteus

Proteus is a low-cost feature-rich project management solution which is designed to meet the needs demanded by complex projects.

Learn more about Proteus

Pros:

Integration, ease of use and presentation formats.

Cons:

I have still not found a feature that I don't like.

Proteus ratings

4.9
4.8
4.7
4.9

9.6/10

Proteus has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars based on 17 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Proteus before?

Managing Director in Nepal
Design, 11-50 Employees

Proteus is a comprehensive work management and project management tool

Comments: The Proteus platform allows me to get new projects up and running faster than ever. Not only does it have a way to handle the entire project from start to finish, but it also allows me to handle the financials for my freelance business. This takes a lot of the stress off of my plate and keeps me focused on the task at hand.

Pros:

Proteus is a great tool for freelancers who want to streamline the process of running their business. This web platform allows you to create and track new business proposals, convert them into projects, manage people, resources, and time, and ultimately track and monitor all financials. It also has a built-in forum where you can chat with other freelancers, which makes it easier to find new clients and jobs.

Cons:

No complaint on Proteus. All features are useful and lead us to success in a short period of time.

Jack
Data Analyst in US
Professional Training & Coaching, 51-200 Employees

Fantastic Software

Comments: Our experiences with Proteus has been excellent, they approached us with an exciting piece of software that has cut large portions of our costs and improved our workflows. Highly recommend!

Pros:

The integrated timesheet system as well as the project management functions really improved the efficiency of our workflows. How me manage our data and track our progress is far easier and quicker.

Cons:

Switching software and learning a new interface was daunting at first but after 20 minutes we accustomed ourselves with the product.

Barry
Managing Director in UK
Oil & Energy, 11-50 Employees

Proteus

Comments: The team very much find the system an advantage to are ongoing operations. The support function if and when required is only a phone call or teams call away. The Proteus team were also able to customise the system as and when required to suit how are business operates in the market

Pros:

The software is very user friendly and very quick to train personnel on. I find the dashboards very easy and quick to identify each project status

Cons:

We had no issues at the time of selection or role out

camryn
Commissiong and Start-Up Operations in United Arab Emirates
Oil & Energy, 10,000+ Employees

Proteus review from a user

Comments: Overall experience with Proteus is superb. Easy/simple/straight forward to use and the amount of man hours it has saved myself and other members in my team, it has paid our Contractor back within first 2 weeks of having it.

Pros:

There are many pros to this software but for me it was the ease of creating proposals for prospective clients. Usually have to pull data from 'old job' proposals or excel spreadsheets which arent necessarily located in one database. This means there is a lot of duplicate work done when creating a proposal and hence a lot of man hours wasted. Proteus makes it easier to input the data into required fields in the proposal template and then at end of the process, the proposal is given a numbered reference that you can pre-determine and is then stored in a library, thus making it easier to find if required further down the line. The proposal is then tracked the whole way through the sytem . If it is accepted by the client, the proposal then moves to the project stage within Proteus and all the relevent data is now able to be seen/tracked in the Project phase of the job. In layman's terms. It simplifies the work process.

Cons:

Least favourite part of the software was a lot of the graphs/charts were in colour as you would expect but I am red/green colour blind so couldnt read it properly.

Ben
Director in UK
Oil & Energy, 11-50 Employees

An invaluable end-to-end solution for the new digitalised, remote work environment

Comments: Proteus has been built for the energy sector, which really shows. It is a new product and could do with some refinement but with Proteus 2.0 due to launch imminently, big improvements are on the way.

Pros:

The proposal module is game-changing - it allows us to quote for business so much faster than before but to a higher standard. We're therefore bidding for more business than ever and able to immedately convert successful proposals into projects.

Cons:

Although integrated with a wide range of open APIs, broader integrations would be helpful.

Steve
Chief Technical Authority in UK
Oil & Energy, 201-500 Employees

Proteus Experience

Comments: Good. The team are good to deal with, flexible and they listen.

Pros:

The management of bids and projects is a step beyond what is currently possible with other systems I've seen. For companies with a large turnover of projects like us, the ease of generation and management of bids and the continuity when transitioning in to and managing the projects based on the bid is excellent.

Cons:

Proteus is still in an early version. Enhancements to KPIs and data management will be forthcoming although they are good now, more options will make it excellent in future.

Douglas
Consultant in United Arab Emirates
Government Administration, 11-50 Employees

Highly detailed work management tool

Comments: Moving from cost estimation to managing a live project is the best thing about Proteus for me: all the project plan structure, team, costs and resources are already plugged in and ready to go.

Pros:

Proteus is a very detailed tool- it allows granular cost variables which is important for teams on differing rates and complex resourcing. This is a proper swiss army knife.

Cons:

I need to onboard more of the team first.

Andy
Managing Directo in UK
Oil & Energy, 2-10 Employees

Proteus Software

Comments: This system has really streamlined our business process and made our project delivery process a lot clearer for us and our clients.

Pros:

We use this simple to operate system to manage the full lifecycle of our consultancy projects. We can start the tender process, estimating & scope completion in one centralised place.

Cons:

N/A - the software is fit for our needs and very secure.

Managing Director in United Arab Emirates
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees

Value for Money with top tier functions

Comments: A management and staff tool that makes everything flow.

Pros:

Simple and Easy to use with Superb Power Functionality. Flow of workload mapped out with ease that all staff can use. Title states it all......

Cons:

There was nothing so far that this product is missing.

Sam
Trainer in United Arab Emirates
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Grey product and great value

Pros:

The ease of use, as a technophobe this software really is easy to navigate and the cost is unbeatable in my opinion.

Cons:

Nothing it’s superb and was easily integrated into my business.

Jamie
Chemical Engineer in US

Proteus Trial Findings

Comments: Great Software, i loved the MArketplace functionality and also using Proteus OS.

Pros:

Very easy to use Great functionality Proteus OS saved significant time to my usual Manual processes done day to day.

Cons:

I found the software very user friendly and helpful - nothing so far as a Con.

Tony
Business Development Manager in Spain
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

Transform your Business

Comments: Change is good when you can use a cloud based application and pay as you go on demand model.

Pros:

Proteus, can transform how you work. And helps manage your business. It can allow you to have your team work from anywhere and connects everyone. Proteus streamline’s resourcing, software and equipment management.

Cons:

The system is growing and able to adapt to the business needs as it continues to develop.

Dave
Technical Director in UK
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees

An ideal solution for anyone offering manpower services

Comments: Excellent. No longer have to cut and paste from old ducuments. Product accuracy has improved. We get accurate commercial visibility as we need it.

Pros:

Proteus fitted seamlessly right into our business.

Cons:

I have still not found a feature that I don't like!

Alan
Vice President in United Arab Emirates
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees

Proteus

Comments: We are elimination the need for multiple spreadsheet based systems that dont communicate witheach other

Pros:

The simplicity of use , the professional templates, and the functionality it offers me to capture all aspects of my resource managemnt in one place

Cons:

There is nothing not to like , the software is fabulous

Graham
Project Director in UK
Oil & Energy, 2-10 Employees

T12 engineering on demand

Comments: Works with our business model

Pros:

Ease of use, great support, live project management tracking and simple CRM function.

Cons:

Microsoft sharepoint made it more difficult to integrate some tasks although this was not the software's fault it was the overly complicated way sharepoint s admin rights work.

Robert
Snr Technical Sales Manager in United Arab Emirates

User Interface Review

Comments: The experience was great, the interface clear and also support to hand if required.

Pros:

The software is easy to use, its layout straight forward, it makes tasks easy.

Cons:

Their was nothing that i didnt like about Proteus.

Richard
Managing Director Malaysia in Malaysia
Oil & Energy, 201-500 Employees

Oil company Malaysia

Comments: Excellent

Pros:

Integration, ease of use and presentation formats

Cons:

Improvements still being added which can be a little confusing