15 years helping British businesses

About iCloud

Built-in file-sharing solution that's available on all Apple devices. All files, photos, notes, and messages are stored in one place.

Learn more about iCloud

Pros:

It's fairly easy to set up and learn how to use. While there are other cloud services that offer more storage for free, iCloud's prices are pretty cheap.

Cons:

I switched my iPhone for an Android device, and to my surprise, I couldn't access my uploaded files on my new phone. I also lost access to my iCloud email—shame on you, Apple.

iCloud ratings

4.6
4.4
4.5
4.3

8.5/10

iCloud has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 1,607 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used iCloud before?

Filter reviews (1,607)

Ellenore
Ellenore
Administrative Assistant in US
Machinery, 51–200 Employees

Fine option for storage and sharing

Pros:

I use iCloud mostly for data back-up and sharing. I appreciate the easy syncs between my laptop and iPhone.

Cons:

At times, the sharing seems clunky. Airdrop frequently doesn’t work, and sometimes shared folders take a long time to pop up.

Tayeb
CEO in Canada
Graphic Design, Self Employed

Affordable and reliable

Comments: I have been using iCloud for years now and I’m more than happy with the service. The plan is affordable and seamlessly integrates across multiple devices. Apple focus on security and them continually adding new security features is something that is much appreciated when storing important data on the cloud. Although, I always recommend backups on a USB just in case.

Pros:

Plans very affordable particularly the 50 GB that is almost free. Reliable Fast synchronization

Cons:

Would love bridges with other file storage systems like Mega. Wish there was some sort of settings to allow direct transfers from one cloud storage service to another

ANDREW
Your Honour in Canada
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Unhappy User

1.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Up to now very easy and pleasant, but with all the "security" measures, really, really unpleasant. I plan to drop iCloud completely.

Pros:

Nothing. I used to like it and it was my e-mail for years. Now it is not a pleasure any more

Cons:

Too many security measures. Really, really unpleasant experience just to try and use it

Daniel
owner in US
Wholesale, Self Employed

Great cloud storage solution!!

Pros:

All my files are securely stored, I have access when I need them.

Cons:

Payment options and account changes take some time.

Monica
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

I love everything Apple!

4.0 last month New

Comments: It would be nice if Apple offered more free products with their Apps, but if spending money is necessary, it is affordable compared to other products I have used not Apple affiliated.

Pros:

Apple has the best security software and features hands down!

Cons:

In order to use most products offered by Apple we must pay for it.

Stefania
CEO and Founder in Italy
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Great cloud

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

iCloud is perfect if you have Apple devices and you need to access your files from different devices. It synchronises across all your devices and you can easily find your documents, edit them or delete them.

Cons:

If you have a Windows computer it’s not easy to log in and access your files

eva
Psychotherapist in Belgium

No fuss, reliable storage

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I love how it's seamlessly integrated with my apple products and is so easy to use. Very reliable and a company i can trust. Easy to use and easy to expand according to needs.

Cons:

the cost is maybe a bit high but i'd rather pay a bit more for reliability.

Taylor
Taylor
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

Only the best.

Pros:

The fact that it is available for all of my requirements. It integrates into every different operation I use throughout my iPhone and macOS.

Cons:

I wish the price was a bit lower, but it is fair. What you get.

Sandra
Office Manager in Canada

iCloud is Amazing

5.0 last month New

Comments: My experience with iCloud has always been very good

Pros:

Very easy to use, upload and save everything

Cons:

I thinks it’s a little expensive. You only get a small amount in Gig’s that you can save and then they charge you for more cloud storage. Othe places you get 15 gig before you have to pay?

Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Very nice experience

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I like it to the degree that i regret not using before

Pros:

That i have safe and easy tool for my data

Cons:

That it is Expensive when i buy more space

Habibah
Habibah
Information Technology Support Assistant in Malaysia
Telecommunications, 1,001–5,000 Employees

iCloud review from my perspective

Comments: I enjoy several features of the iCloud service, including the simplicity with which backups can be performed, as well as the speed with which they can be performed directly on the iPhone. I dislike the five GB of space they provide the user with; it should be more. I use iCloud to save the most valuable videos and photos possible for backup purposes and backup WhatsApp.

Pros:

The most valuable feature of I Cloud is how you can store your data for business or personal use in a secure location without having to worry about it. In recent years, as data and required documents and images increased, it became difficult to maintain storage, and you were forced to bring several devices. With I Cloud, you no longer needed to.

Cons:

A reliable and effective method of storing documents and files for Apple product users, where your files and data are protected, is a proper backup solution. It's has an excellent user interface; I've been using it effectively for two years without encountering a single problem. The only thing that needs to be revised is the pricing structure, as it varies by country and by length.

Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

Great Online Storage - especially when you are in the Apple ecosystem

Comments: Using various Apple devices (iPhone, iPad and a Macbook) it mostly just works in the background and you hardly ever notice its there at all. Like with all cloud storage services gone are the days of loosing a bunch of files because of a hard drive failure, gone are the days of 'oh that's on my computer at home, I cannot access it right now'.

Pros:

Within the Apple Ecosystem iCloud works behind the scenes, mostly unnoticed. Purchasing it with an AppleONE subscription is a great deal.

Cons:

If you work with non-Apple devices it works, but is nowhere close to as seamless as it is within Apple's walled garden. There is still a lot of software that does not sufficiently support iCloud (or vice versa) and file sharing is not its strength (it is possible, but not comparable in ease of use to dropbox)

E-Learning, Self Employed

Great software wish more came with the free version

Comments: My overall experience with iCloud has been relatively on the positive sign except for the one incident which I’m still dealing with of I was charged for the 2 TB of storage but I don’t have access to it and I’m still dealing with that but other than that, it’s been a great software and hands down probably the one on use for the rest of my life

Pros:

I love most about this product is the fact that you get 5 GB with any iPhone iPad iPod or MacBook for free and then if you run out of that you only have to pay $.99 and you get 2 TB which is amazing it is a steal.

Cons:

I don’t like the fact that only 5 GB come with the Apple product that you buy I think it should be more but like I said in the one above Brian nine cents you get 2 TB which is not that bad, but there are some people out here that can’t afford $.99 said to me I wish there was just a little bit of maybe like 10 GB that we got for free instead of just five.

Jordan
Owner/Sole Proprietor in Canada
Media Production, Self Employed

A Great Cloud Alternative for those in the Apple Ecosystem

Comments: Overall, it has been great. I do also use to to back up my mobile devices automatically, so i know I've always got copies of everything I need. Very simple to use, and already integrated into devices.

Pros:

Since iCloud is made by apple, it is naturally built into all Apple devices. As someone who is already deeply in the Apple ecosystem, not having to set up a 3rd party piece of software makes storage quick and simple. I can navigate my iCloud through my finder windows on my Mac to easy, fine, restore, download, or upload files.It also makes sharing with other Apple users very easy. A simple collaboration link sent to a client allows specific folders to instantly be viewable and editable in their finder windows as well, which can streamline workflow and file transfer without needing to go to a web browser.Additionally, having iCloud back up my desktop and laptop ensures I always have access to everything I need when I am travelling.

Cons:

Unfortunately I still require the use of other Cloud Storage systems, as many clients still view iCloud as more of a "Person" cloud storage device for things like photos and documents from their iPhones. Many clients are still using things like Google Drive and DropBox simply because they've always used that for "business".I think a shift in presentation may be required if iCloud wants to take over more as a business solution.

Maisarah
Maisarah
Marketing Executive in Malaysia
Telecommunications, 1,001–5,000 Employees

One of the best cloud storage service

Comments: iCloud is very useful in backing up and storing my files on the cloud space. It help me to clear my phone storage and i only store important file and document on my phone that i usually need it for offline access.

Pros:

Using iCloud to saving all my contact information, photo, video, audio and document to the cloud storage is very smooth and effective with this application. It has no file size limitation on how small or big the files that i am uploading to the storage. Changing from my old phone to my new phone is no problem as i can access to my files back as long i am using the same apple id with it.

Cons:

Managing the files and emails on this application is quite headache. The searching feature is too slow in showing the result and often, it returned a result that are not matching with the keyword that i have entered. The synchronized process also quite slow and takes some time for it to be shown on the my other device.

Megan
Writer in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Convenient storage service for Apple users

Comments: I use iCloud to store all my photos from my iPhone and documents on my Mac. It makes it really easy to access photos I took on my phone from my Mac and vise versa with documents created on my Mac accessed on my phone. It also provides peace of mind knowing that should anything happen to my phone or Mac my photos and documents will be safe on the cloud. If you use Apple products you should try iCloud, especially if you use more than one Apple product and like accessing files between phone and computer.

Pros:

I've used other cloud storage services before but iCloud is my favorite for a few reasons. I use only Apple products so iCloud is extremely convenient. The integration is seamless on iPhone and Mac. You can set it up easily and quickly and access the cloud on any of your Apple products. There is a free option that offers a good amount of cloud storage and the paid option is very reasonable for the amount of storage you get.

Cons:

I've encountered a few problems with iCloud like my photos not automatically being added to the cloud and not being able to access documents from my Mac that were stored on the cloud from my phone. Most of the time iCloud runs smoothly but every now and then I experience one of these glitches. Luckily customer service is excellent and they always solve the problem fast.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Owner/Designer in US
Design, Self Employed

Incredibly easy to use, integrates with the Apple ecosystem perfectly

Pros:

The ease of use and instant syncing is the best part of iCloud. It just works, as Apple liked to say in the old days. I love being able to pick up any device and have everything I need. I use the 2TB plan, which is an incredible value, and is more storage than I personally will ever need I suspect. If you use Apple devices, there's really no reason not to have an iCloud account, and usually to pay for at least the 200GB tier, unless you really use very little data.

Cons:

The only real drawback would be if you use Android or Windows devices, you get less access to features, though some still work. And the Photos syncing to a Mac is sometimes slow.

Nabila
Nabila
Human Resources Manager in Malaysia
Investment Management, 10,000+ Employees

Apple user will love this

Comments: I really depending on this application to safeguard my online files as the security around this application is quite good and one of the top application for mobile cloud storage.

Pros:

I recently need to upgrading my iPhone to a new one, and the iCloud really helping me in transferring all the notes and contact list on my old phone to the new phone. No need to to transferring all of my files to my computer first like the old way. It really saving my time in setting up my new phone.

Cons:

I don't like the structure or process when deleting the files on the cloud storage. It will need to be selected manually one by one and no option to deleting it all by bulked. The free storage is quite small compared to other cloud storage software has offered.

Skyler
Content Writer in Colombia
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

iCloud is great for storing photos and videos in the Cloud

Comments: My experience with iCloud overall is great while using it to backup all of my photos and videos between my iPhone and MacBook. However, for files and documents, I much prefer to use Google Drive, as it gives much more flexibility.

Pros:

I like that iCloud just works seamlessly with Apple products, especially for storing and syncing photos and videos to the cloud automatically with the Photos app. It is also an excellent option for backing up devices such as an iPhone or an iPad. It is easy to use and only takes a minute to set up.

Cons:

There is only 5GB of free storage which is significantly less than Google Drive. Also, there is a huge gap between the different paid storage options of 50 GB, 200 GB, or 2 TB with no option in between. iCloud Drive is also not as good for file management as Google Drive. It only lets you sync a copy of your documents to iCloud, rather than being able to move your files completely to the cloud for online storage to save space on your device.

Mohammad
Marketing Manager in Bangladesh
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Pros and Cons of Apple's Cloud Storage Solution

Comments: Overall, my experience with iCloud has been positive. As an Apple user, it offers a convenient cloud storage solution that integrates seamlessly with my devices. While the limited storage and lack of cross-platform compatibility can be a downside, it's still a great option for Apple users looking for an easy and convenient way to store and access their data. However, I must say that I'm happy using Pycharm as my Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for coding, as it offers me a range of features and customization options that meet my programming needs.

Pros:

Seamless integration with Apple devices: As an Apple user, I find iCloud extremely convenient. It seamlessly integrates with all my Apple devices, making it easy to access my files and data from anywhere.Automatic backup: One of the best features of iCloud is that it automatically backs up my photos, videos, and other important data. This gives me peace of mind, knowing that my data is safe in case my device gets lost or damaged.Easy file sharing: With iCloud, I can easily share files with my friends and family. Whether it's a document, photo, or video, I can quickly share it with others using iCloud.Collaboration: iCloud also offers collaboration features, making it easy to work on projects with others in real-time. This is particularly useful for work-related projects or school assignments.

Cons:

Limited storage: iCloud offers a limited amount of storage, and if you need more, you'll have to pay for it. This can be a downside for users who have a lot of data to store.Not cross-platform: While iCloud works seamlessly with Apple devices, it's not as convenient for users who have non-Apple devices. For example, if you have a Windows PC or an Android phone, you won't be able to access your iCloud data as easily.

Angelica
University Intern in Ecuador
Pharmaceuticals, 501–1,000 Employees

iCloud: Your Reliable Cloud-based Solution for Data Management

Comments: I got to use iCloud for data management and collaboration during my internship at the university's Department of Pharmaceutical Development and Research. I was able to view and sync crucial files and research material with ease across all of my Apple devices because to the flawless connectivity. Critical research documents might be safely stored and backed up in the cloud, guaranteeing their accessibility and security. Real-time cooperation with my team members was made possible by iCloud's collaboration tools, which also made it easier to track our progress and communicate effectively. Overall, iCloud proven to be a dependable and approachable tool for organizing, synchronizing, and working together on data for pharmaceutical research.

Pros:

A number of useful features that iCloud provides make it a well-liked option for data management and synchronization. Its seamless connection with Apple products is one of its primary benefits, enabling users to view and sync their files, images, contacts, and more across various devices with ease. Users may safely save their data in the cloud using iCloud, giving them piece of mind and guaranteeing data backup. Users can share files and work together in real time using the platform's collaborative tools. Along with iCloud Drive, iCloud Keychain, and Find My, iCloud easily connects with other Apple services to create a full ecosystem for managing and securing your digital life.

Cons:

Despite the many advantages of iCloud, there are a few things to take into account. First off, iCloud's free storage tier has a maximum capacity, so users who want more space may have to upgrade to a paid plan. Although they are rare, some users have occasionally encountered syncing problems or delays. Another major drawback of iCloud is that it was developed exclusively for Apple products, which limits its interoperability with non-Apple platforms. Additionally, for customers who are new to the Apple ecosystem, there may be a learning curve for the advanced iCloud services like iCloud Drive and collaboration tools. Despite these minor flaws, Apple users continue to find iCloud to be a dependable and practical cloud-based option.

Craig
US

For many-device or heavy backup/cloud sync needs, stay far away or use additional backup solution

Pros:

When I first used with just an iPhone and an iMac, everything worked pretty well and there is really no configuration. Current plans and family sharing make it a pretty affordable cloud/sync option for everyday users.

Cons:

iCloud isn't a true backup-type solution (even iCloud Drive) and once I became a power user and added another Macbook, Apple TV, and Apple Watch, it became a living nightmare once it broke. After 6 months I am still trying to piece together all my files and photos to ultimately get off iCloud as best I can. Apple makes it nearly impossible not to use iCloud somewhat. You will experience non-stop synching issues once you get a large iCloud drive or photos library, and since it is designed to "just work" there are no controls or settings to stop it. You can't really turn it off, either, since it will hang and then scatter remnants of your file folders in the iCloud Archive. Once corrupted or you start having sync issues, all your devices will malfunction constantly and there is not much you can do...everything from my Apple Watch music loading to the battery life tanking happened. I'm referring to 15+ GB photo libraries and 80+ GB of files in an iCloud drive....if you have 3+ Apple devices and large amounts of files that are important, immediately find a secondary backup and try to move photos and important files there. I've used OneDrive's app for photo syncing on my iPhone and then to my Mac, and used Google's wonderful Drive FileStream (available with GSuite business accounts) to keep things in place while I've restored, reset, etc. more than 200 times in the past several months. I have 5-10 copies of all my folders scattered over computers and iCloud Archive files I am still trying to sort out.

Lena
Veterinary, 2–10 Employees

iCloud is a waste of money

Comments: Using iCloud for basic back up storage is about the only thing I would recommend iCloud for. Otherwise I feel that the features are very limited and hard to use. I still have no idea how to access my full iCloud data much less how to get my employees to be able to find an access it. I also find that when trying to find and view data in my iCloud that it has been deleted without my knowledge. I do not trust iCloud and I do not feel my data is safe or that it is an investment that is time efficient for my company. I do not recommend iCloud, use a different software.

Pros:

I like how easy it is to set it up and start backing up my data. I also like how easy it is to change my plan as needed.

Cons:

I really don’t like how I feel I have no access to my iCloud data. I know it’s there, but I have no idea how to find and access it easily and quickly, much less have my employees access it. I also feel that my data is not as safe as on other platforms. I feel that things are subject to being deleted without my knowledge. The pricing is also very expensive for the limited features I receive compared to other products.

Barbara
Photographer in US
Photography, Self Employed

iCloud is something that I can't live without!

Comments: Whether I'm in the office, sitting at a coffee shop, or traveling and in a hotel room, my files are always with me! I'm more productive as I always have access to update them. When I have free time they are always with me to continue my project and I can do it on whatever device I have with me! No longer is a file sitting on my 'desktop' and I'm on the road!

Pros:

The fact that my files/photos are always with me is so important! They are instantly synched across all my Apple devices so a file I was working on in the office is still with me when I get home... or to the coffee shop where I can continue my work on whatever device I have with me. It allows me to choose what files I want synched thereby allowing me to control how much storage space I need. And additional storage space is pretty inexpensive. The convenience of having my work with me without having to download files to a thumb drive/portable hard drive, etc. before leaving is such a time saver! It allows me to always be prepared to discuss a current project!

Cons:

I haven't found a downside to this software! It's awesome!

Mahendra
Mahendra
Office Clerk in India
Government Administration, 501–1,000 Employees

Mycloud MySecurity

Comments: My experience from shifting android is like just wow very cool i really very happy and satisfied while using icloud over any platform i know its expensive while we upgrading to storage but i think it's worth coz the security and and access that it's provide i think no any company can beat so if you're like me who cares about privacy and safety i definetly suggest to shift iCloud

Pros:

Yeah i am very very impressed while i am switching from android but man the icloud is just wow i can easily login everywhere and access and also manage my data too much easily and i am govt servent so i need full of security coz many files are sensitive so it helps me more and my all apps data including third party apps was very greatly stored so i can easily switch to any iPhone with only just login my icloud with all data

Cons:

Coz is just like it giving 5gb free storage so i think its not enough like me if it was 10gb so i think its better, some android apps integration is not possible in iPhone coz its privacy and security issues , so except this 2 things i don't think so you get any trouble