Octopus CRM Reviews

4.6 (262) Write a Review!

About Octopus CRM

All-in-one LinkedIn software that allows users to create automated sales funnels on LinkedIn and improve sales prospecting.

Learn more about Octopus CRM

Pros:

Super easy to use in collaboration with linkedin sales nav. Really easy to organise and maintain solid sales pipelines.

Cons:

There is a limit to the number of users you can pull into a single list, not sure if this is a software problem or LinkedIn.

Octopus CRM ratings

4.4
4.5
4.3
4.5

8.6/10

Octopus CRM has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 262 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Octopus CRM before?

Ryan
Ryan
Executive Director in US
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

Scaled Meaningful Connections, a Partnership Maker's Dream CRM

Comments: From the trial, to support Q&A, and through to the purchase of the OctopusCRM I have had no complaints and I've have already recommended it to several friends. I highly recommend this product.

Pros:

The past 3 months of using Octopus has quadrupled my connections. I've paid "expert LinkedIn" consultants far more to achieve far less. Octopus automated messaging once connected went a long way to warming up leads prior to the first initial call. From what I've discovered there is no better, less expensive, way to automate connections and communications on LinkedIn.

Cons:

One feature I would like to see added is the ability to further filter a list once the list is imported to Octopus. In order to reach out to the most appropriate contacts it is important to filter out unnecessary outreach and get more "shots on goal".

Toufik
sales in Canada

Octopus the best afordable CRM

Comments: Mass mailing with personalization of emails

Pros:

integration with Sales navigator and Discovering org

Cons:

Could be nice to have a kind of an easy transfer and duplication mode from our old CRM

Ian
Owner in UK
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees

Simple product and great value for money.

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall it is a very straightforward product and if the developers can improve the workflow it should attract a good user base, very well priced.

Pros:

Works with LinkedIn to leverage your contacts and gain new leads.

Cons:

The campaigns facility could do with being revamped to make it easier to use.

Jared
Jared
Sales Manager in US

No Automation

Comments: Customer service is horrible. I was forced to upgrade because the lowest version had extremely limited features. Upon upgrading to "premium" I mistakenly clicked the annual option for the upgrade. I didn't realize for a week until the annual subscription posted on my account!! I explained what happened to customer service and they refused to adjust despite still being in the first month of an annual subscription! This shows me they have little faith in their product to keep customers coming back, I think they're right. I'm not pleased with their customer service or the application. Now I'm out nearly $300 for something I used for 2 weeks and will never use again. Stay away!

Pros:

I would not recommend this product. It puts leads in buckets.

Cons:

Every single actions needs to be connected to another action. You have to manually move leads from one section to another to get the application to work. This is not automation but more of manual lead sequence management. The tool requires you to have the linkedin up and running and often times takes over multiple chrome tabs. There are no features worth having at any of the levels but premium. Even with premium you spend quite a bit of time setting up the "automation".

Tyler
Owner in US
Environmental Services, Self Employed

Total game changer

Comments: LinkedIn is the only social platform that my company uses on a daily basis. When I found Octopus it was a total game changer. It has given me more time to grow my business and make me lots of money. Just to be candid I have about 15 clients and over half of them were because of Octopus.

Pros:

I love that it runs in the background and it gives me time to focus on other things all while growing my business.

Cons:

It would be great to have a like or comment section.

Michelle
Sales in US
Insurance, 2-10 Employees

A MUST HAVE tool

Comments: I am super happy. I have increased my network by over 500 and have set 20+ appointments

Pros:

I love how you can manage your messaging on several different levels to make each message you send personal and relevant

Cons:

The set up can be somewhat confusing - the language can be

Jason
Managing Direcotr in US
Investment Management, 2-10 Employees

Love the software and the customer service and attention is awesome!

Pros:

Ease of use, ease of implementation, customer support quickly helps when necessary.

Cons:

The training videos could be a little better. Perhaps it would be a good idea to make shorter videos?

Roman
Roman
QA Engineer in Ukraine
Internet, 11-50 Employees

In overall, I`m pretty much satisfied with the quality of services Octopus team provides me with.

Comments: I really don`t know what to say apart from that - it`s simply a solid and reliable, not overpriced tool for my marketing needs which makes the work done.

Pros:

Good balance between the number of functions available and ease of their usage(There just enough functions available and they are all quite accessible for understanding).

Cons:

I`d like to have some advanced tutorials, strategies perhaps on how to utilize the CRM in a better, more productive way.

Mouad
Mouad
Consultant in Canada

Got the basics done right

Comments: If you don't need A/B testing or a step by step workflow. OctopusCRM is functional and simple to use.

Pros:

It's simple and fast to get setup and start using. Although there is a tiny learning curve, there is always a video tutorial or training available.

Cons:

Lacks an intuitive workflow/funnel builder and A/B testing messages.

Ishtiaque
Ishtiaque
Business Development Representative in Australia
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Automate your LinkedIn reach and engage with a lot!

Comments: Absolutely LOVE me my Octopus CRM - It has simplified my outreach strategies and have enabled my LinkedIn profile to have a lot more visitors leading to more credibility in the market.

Pros:

The system has its own restrictions in place that does not breach LinkedIn’s engagement policies. That means whenever you are trying to send too many connection requests or messages to people, Octopus will automatically stop you from getting banned on LinkedIn! Also my prospects love personalised connection messages, they love that we are visiting them, endorsing them and then sending them follow up messages to connect with our business too! It’s a must have for any serious salesperson.

Cons:

It’s sometimes a little hard to track which people you have engaged with and which you haven’t. I wish it came with its own data visualisation CRM.

Terry
Co-founder in US
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees

Absolutely the best!

Comments: I've tried many other LinkedIn CRM products and I was never happy with any of them until I discovered Octopus. I started with the free trial. I was so impressed on Day 1 of the trial that I knew I was going to become a customer. I opted for the annual option. I was able to grow my connections from around 1,000 to well over 3,400 (as of this review) in less than a couple months. And I was able to engage in actual conversations that have led to product demos, trials, and a few purchases of our SaaS platform that sells for over five figures. Anyone that says you cannot generate sales on LinkedIn is wrong. The reason "they" are wrong is because "they" don't have a connection, awareness, engagement, conversion system in place. Octopus helps automate a lot of that process. But you still need to understand your audience and how to solve their problems.

Pros:

The ease of use and the ability to create campaign flows.

Cons:

It's not really a con. But it would be nice to pre-populate campaigns and set times for them to launch. However, you are required to be logged into LinkedIn and when Octopus runs, it opens a new tab. So I understand why it can't be set up for a future run date. But it sure would be nice!

Glen
Founder in Australia

Great product for making targeted connections on LinkedIn

Comments: This is helping me to build a really good database of targeted connections. Means my marketing messages i put out on LinkedIn are getting in front of significant numbers of my key targets. I have managed to add more than 2000 new connections in a very short time, and it is helping me to increase my success rate as many people see me connected to their peers. I have seen my acceptance rate hit close to 60% some days - thats another 60 connections added in a single day - AUTOMATICALY. I need to add that these are first time connection requests that are being successful - on my first time reaching out to them - 60% of peope connect. It's incredible.

Pros:

It is easy to build a target list and then just chip away at it each day automatically. It also automatically stops me from doing too much and raising flags with LinkedIn. I am sending 100 connecrtions a day and having a success rate of >30%

Cons:

The ability to easily manage and export to a mass mailing system. It would also be really handy if all of the contacts data fields available from LinkedIn were grabbed - Phone number etc where available.

Jonathan
Financial in US
Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Excellent capabilities for the price

Comments: Once I watched the training videos and played around a little I quickly mastered this system. Great experience. Highly recommend for the busy professional who wants to streamline their LinkedIn efforts.

Pros:

Absolutely excellent at what it does. Saving search results and queuing for future connection campaigns, customized/dynamic messaging, visit management and even exporting contact data. All the features most of us want for a fraction of the price.

Cons:

Setting up funnels and understanding how contacts are moved/forwarded through each step took a few tries to really understand. I’d like to see a little more control over this process. I can’t seem to separate any connection requests that were ignored and this would be nice for follow up (it may exist and I just don’t know how to use it yet). A HUGE improvement could be made with some logic operators for messaging. Such as IF <contact> HAS <volunteer/charity> INSERT <dynamic text with name of charity>. Result =. <message text> + “it’s so cool that you support <charity organization>, I love their mission” Many other applications for basic logic and expanded dynamic field insertion.

Frank
Agency owner in US
Insurance, 51-200 Employees

Perfect for contact

Comments: Built multiple sales funnels and have closed several agents for recruiting to my company

Pros:

Great tool allows you to quickly and efficiently connect to LinkedIn users in a mass scale. Also allows you to create a targeted sales funnel with in seconds

Cons:

Cvs file download doesn’t include the contacts phone nor email

Andres
HR Consultant in Argentina
Human Resources, Self Employed

A great help

Comments: As a recruiter, it is very important for me to be able to send a large number of messages or add many specific contacts. It helped me a lot in achieving a higher volume of sent messages, which improved my candidate sourcing process. It is very easy to use, and that is very important

Pros:

This tool helped me a lot in the growth of my LinkedIn network. It would be very useful to have personalization tools in message sending

Cons:

it would be very useful to add search functions that LinkedIn free does not provide, as well as customization in the automation of sending messages

Rick
Director of sales in Canada

Occasionally something too good to be true actually is real

Comments: Great value. Best benefit/$$ of any app I use.
If you need a LinkedIn prospecting/communication tool just try it. The free trial is full featured.

Pros:

This is going to look like a shill. All five stars and 10/10 recommendations but this app is great. It’s 1/5 the cost of competitive products I evaluated and it had a free trial so I dove in. Everything works as promised. I particularly like the export capabilities. It’s way easier to get prospect info out of Octopus than LinkedIn. #1 tool in my prospecting toolbox

Cons:

The only con is their support is in Europe (Poland?) so for North American users there is a bit of a delay if you have questions. However their videos are excellent and plentiful so it’s unlikely you will ever need help.

Ovidiu
Business Development Manager in Romania

Great product for LinkedIn automation

Comments: Octopus CRM is our favorite tool when it comes to lead generation on LinkedIn and the overall experience with it is really good.

Pros:

What I like about Octopus that it's very simple to learn, understand and use. Also, they have a great customer support team, always ready to give a hand. Very nice people always over-delivering, they are great and this makes Octopus CRM even better.

Cons:

I use Octopus CRM daily for more than a year and what I have noticed is that they don't really update their products, which is a great product but there is always room for improvement.

Nicola
Financial Security Advisor in Canada
Insurance, Self Employed

One of the best if not the best CRM for LinkedIn

Comments: I like it a lot for a CRM especially the ease of use and automation when it comes to connected and sending messages on LinkdIn. A good part of my business comes from LinkdIn and this software cuts my time in half!

Pros:

Simplicity and automation is key is what makes this software work great.

Cons:

Maximum 1000 searches not a fan about that. It should be unlimited because I have over 10k followers.

Pablo
CRO in Bolivia
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees

Octopus does what they promesss

Comments: I was looking for an affordable and simple way to mass prospecting Linkedin. Octopus is a very good short-term option. It is not precisely a CRM, but it helps a lot to keep track of your prospecting efforts.

Pros:

Octopus meets the expectations of what they offer: automatize four things when prospecting Linkedin: Connect, Message, Visit and Endorse. It really simple, no training needed, in few minutes one can start prospecting.

Cons:

Limited flexibility to edit pipelines and prospects labeling

Javier
Financial Planner in Australia
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

I had used other softwares

Comments: Its been good but i am wanting the features i mentioned above as this would make it easier for us to use

Pros:

the ability to be able to engage more with the prospects by being able to insert things like their title, company and even endorse their skills

Cons:

I dont like how you have to mannually go to each message and select how many you want to send. It would be a massive massive improvement if you could set a delay on when the message sent and therefore have the whole funnel completely automated For example step send connection. Step 2 send 3 days later. Step 5 send 3 days later etc. That would be fantastic....you can do this automation on other software The second thing would be really good if you could group all steps under one funnel. This would make it really easy to split test and create seperate funnels . You would have a really valuable CRM and would be a fetaure i would pay extra for.

Henrique
CMO in Canada

Totally recommend for outbound approach

Comments: Software is great. Whoever is not using it is wasting time.

Pros:

Works best when you use it with a friendly approach versus being the annoying sales person. I send 100 requests a day and get about 30 in return.

Cons:

I wish there was way that the data would stay saved even after I've cleared the processed contacts. I have to delete those lists so that I can forward new contacts to other lists (without duplicating).

Jenna
Enterprise Sales Manager in US

If you need to make connections in a new field, this is the way

Comments: I have really enjoyed the program and wish I had learned about this years ago when I was starting out in the sales world.

Pros:

I liked the fact that you could quickly and easily identify your targets then send them personalized messages with merged fields.

Cons:

I wish you could merger more of the info into the messaging and the drip emails were easier to set up. I would also like to be able to download all of the data from one place to review.

Stephen
Recruiter in US
Staffing & Recruiting, 2-10 Employees

Fantastic Tool for LinkedIn Outreach

Comments: 5 Star Software. Lots of Value, and an user-friendly interface.

Pros:

I have used numerous LinkedIn tools to connect with users and send personalized messages but none of them come close to Octopus. I love how the interface acts as a CRM and stores who you've sent messages to and what the message says. It helps out tremendously with my outreach and automating repetitive tasks.

Cons:

The flow of the automation could be a little more easily defined, but nonetheless, it works great!

Miguel
Business Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Octopus CRM Review

Pros:

I loved how easy it was to import profiles and connect with people. I have not had one problem using this software nor any negative effects on my LinkedIn profile. With other softwares, I have had problems on my account. I also love being able to create campaigns that you can set up to connect, message, and follow up with people!

Cons:

There wasn't anything I didn't like about using the software!

Hanne
Digital Marketing Consultant in Mexico
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Better practices

Comments: My overall experience has been very good, except for those details that I think would make the lead attraction work process even easier and more controlled from start to finish. What I would most like is to have an option where I can configure the time that I give to wait for each process of the campaign until launching the next one.
THAT WOULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE

Pros:

What I liked the most is the ease of automating and the personal nature of each of its processes. It has allowed me to increase my number of contacts greatly and in an optimized way.

Cons:

I think my strongest suggestion would be if there was a calendar that would allow me to see the progress of each of my campaigns from the different buyer people, and take my programming on a scheduled basis so as not to get lost along the way. Another detail is that suddenly I have not been able to link the process follow-up. "Presentation, thanks for connecting, corporate mail, farewell" in a simple way.