15 years helping British businesses

D&B Finance Analytics Reviews

About D&B Finance Analytics

Manage your credit & risk through reports & predictive analytics. This scalable solution puts Dun & Bradstreets data at your fingertip

Learn more about D&B Finance Analytics

Pros:

Cons:

The cost is slightly more expensive than I would have thought considering what we already pay for the regular service.

D&B Finance Analytics ratings

4.5
4.1
4.4
4.2

8.1/10

D&B Finance Analytics has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 131 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used D&B Finance Analytics before?

Construction, 51–200 Employees

D&B Quality

Comments: Great. I have been using for years as a primary source of credit information and would recommend for anyone.

Pros:

Great basic credit information to make a quick risk analysis

Cons:

It takes time to update and reflect ownership changes

11 months ago

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are thrilled that you are enjoying your experience, but we also understand some challenges you face. I wanted to let you know we are constantly improving our product, so we value your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write this review; we appreciate it greatly. Cheers!

Davod
Manager, Credit Risk in US
Oil & Energy, 201–500 Employees

B2B Credit Risk Tool

Pros:

The ease of use, most comprehensive trade payment and banking data, and ability to monitor portfolio from a high-level.

Cons:

Even though the trade payment and banking data is the most comprehensive available among all products considered, it still only shows a small picture of a company's true credit report.

2 months ago

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are thrilled that you are enjoying your experience and I wanted to let you know we are constantly improving our product, so we value your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write this review; we appreciate it greatly. Cheers!

Esther
Administrator in Canada
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51–200 Employees

Financial Decision

3.0 2 months ago New

Comments: For the most part, my D&B experience has been great. The only issue is when reaching out for help, it is a long wait for someone to respond and we came across an issue when our account was not active after payment was made. D&B was not available to access for over a month which delayed a lot of our clients accounts.

Pros:

D&B is quick and easy to use. I use it daily to determine a companies financial stability and deciding how much credit would be issued. The reports show how a client pays overall and what the recommended amount should be.

Cons:

The least thing I like is the search for customers. It is difficult to receive a report when an investigation is sent. The report may only show up a week later after the report is sent and the update cannot be seen for days later. Accounts are not updated as often as they should be.

2 months ago

Thank you so much for your honest review, Esther! I wanted to let you know we are constantly improving our product, so we value your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write this review; we appreciate it greatly. Cheers!

Scott
Credit Manager, North America in US
Construction, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Excellent Risk Assessment Tool

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Ease of use, quick to access when I need to, excellent look-up features to find the firm I'm looking for.

Cons:

Small thing, but in prior versions hitting <CR> would finish data entry. Now I have to mouse down to the "Submit" button, which takes extra time. Not a big concern, but I miss that functionality.

2 months ago

Thank you so much for your kind words, Scott! We are thrilled that you are enjoying your experience and I wanted to let you know we are constantly improving our product, so we value your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write this review; we appreciate it greatly. Cheers!

Computer Hardware, 11–50 Employees

A Necessary Company Tool to Mitigate Risk

Comments: Ability to provide customer credit determination in same day turn around thanks to trade payment data and risk analysis.

Pros:

Ease of use and robust data allowing us to feel safe about customer onboarding and ability to quickly decide if customer is terms worthy. This has replaced manual process of calling trade references when data was not available using prior CreditSafe tool. Enjoy mutual benefit of also being a trade partner to allow for greater data tools and logo displaying that we report to D&B to encourage prompt payment.

Cons:

There are no cons to speak of. Data is easily useable and provides what we need. The more companies that are using this great tool, the greater benefit to us all.

last year

Thank you so much for your kind words! We're glad you're pleased with D&B Finance Analytics and that it's been beneficial to your company. I wanted to let you know we are constantly improving our product, so we value your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write this review; we appreciate it greatly. Cheers!

Elizabeth
Credit Manager in US
Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

D&B is user friendly

Pros:

D&B has a very user-friendly portal. You can easily maneuver through the system and find areas of interest extremely quickly.

Cons:

Once in a while you may find a record which has very limited information.

2 months ago

Thank you so much for your kind words, Elizabeth! We are thrilled that you are enjoying your experience and I wanted to let you know we are constantly improving our product, so we value your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write this review; we appreciate it greatly. Cheers!

Jordan
Construction Loan Coordinator in US
Banking, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Solid Product Overall; Sometimes Lacking

Comments: Overall, it's been a very good experience. My team works in D&B nearly every day, and it's rare that we find nothing about a company we're reviewing.

Pros:

The reporting is easy to read, well laid out, and thorough.

Cons:

Relatively often, we find that companies we're looking at the reporting for don't have much reporting on D&B. In many cases, we can find detailed reporting from Experian when we can't find it from D&B. We always use both, so this isn't a huge issue, but it often results in the feeling that our Experian reporting is a bit more useful due to how many companies are well-captured in the reporting. I know there's the ability to request an investigation to get details on companies that are lacking detail, but I'm always cautious to try that option, as we typically need to keep moving quickly, and nothing indicates how long the investigations take, at least as far as I tend to go in the process.

2 months ago

Thank you so much for your kind words, Jordan! We are thrilled that you are enjoying your experience and I wanted to let you know we are constantly improving our product, so we value your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write this review; we appreciate it greatly. Cheers!

Sarah
Accounts Manager in US
Publishing, 51–200 Employees

Critical Risk Assessment

Pros:

I use the analytics to determine line of credit for current and potential customers. I like that the analytics provide a quick snapshot of creditworthiness but you also have the opportunity to deep dive into the factors behind the assessment. I use these every day and it makes my job very efficient.

Cons:

I have honestly never found anything about the Analytics that I would consider a con.

2 months ago

Thank you so much for your kind words, Sarah! We are thrilled that you are enjoying your experience and I wanted to let you know we are constantly improving our product, so we value your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write this review; we appreciate it greatly. Cheers!

Sherry
Accounts Payable and Receiveable Manager in US
Machinery, 201–500 Employees

Risk Managment

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Very happy with the experience overall. 99% of the time the information we need can quickly and easily be pulled for credit verification.

Pros:

Our organization uses D&B for our credit review process and has for years. You'll find it's very easy to use and in addition to the credit reporting, the alerts and notifications of trends and changes are very helpful.

Cons:

Reporting on global customers seems to be a bit limited.

2 months ago

Thank you so much for your kind words, Sherry! We are thrilled that you are enjoying your experience and I wanted to let you know we are constantly improving our product, so we value your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write this review; we appreciate it greatly. Cheers!

Gwen
Contract Administrator in US
Construction, 201–500 Employees

Great Risk Management Tool

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It is one of the risk management tools that we utilize to make comprehensive business decisions on companies we are currently or considering doing business with. the information provided is complete and easy to understand.

Cons:

At times, it is challenging to locate the correct business when some have similar names or are listed under a parent company.

2 months ago

Thank you so much for your kind words, Gwen! We are thrilled that you are enjoying your experience and I wanted to let you know we are constantly improving our product, so we value your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write this review; we appreciate it greatly. Cheers!

Kyle
Chief Credit Officer in US
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

Review from a small-ticket commercial equipment finance company.

Comments: I have been using D&B for 30 years. We use it primarily to get a sense for the trade payables (Paydex), and the UCC and public filings. There are more tools, but we typically haven't used them. As the product offering has evolved, we are more aware of the tools, but we need to put the effort into including them into our underwriting process.

Pros:

Dashboard is pretty complete, and includes aspects of the borrowing entity that we may not have.

Cons:

Financial summary. I have found that the financial information provided by D&B is not very timely nor accurate.

last year

Thank you so much for your kind words, Kyle! We're glad you're pleased with D&B Finance Analytics (for over 30 years!!) and that it's been beneficial to your company. I wanted to let you know we are constantly improving our product, so we value your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write this review; we appreciate it greatly. Cheers!

LeAnne
Custoner Accounts Coordinator in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001–5,000 Employees

D&B Finance Analytics Go Hard

Comments: D&B is a very resourceful tool in my current job role.

Pros:

It's very beneficial, user friendly, and easy to navigate through.

Cons:

I wish comapnies would use the Financial Statement reporting side more often, as this would be extremely usefulf for me in my ucrrent positon. If this information was there, I would do less customer contact regarding financial statements.

10 months ago

Thank you so much for your kind words, LeAnne! We are thrilled that you are enjoying your experience, but we also understand some challenges you face. I wanted to let you know we are constantly improving our product, so we value your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write this review; we appreciate it greatly. Cheers!

Lisa
Credit & Collections Manager in US
Plastics, 501–1,000 Employees

D&B usage

Comments: It has been decent

Pros:

Paydex & Trade lines. The comparison of other industries, payments, along with notation of anything unsatisfactory including collection accounts.

Cons:

Financials are not always updated and Public Filings are sometimes very old.

last year

Thank you so much for your kind words, Lisa! We're glad you're pleased with D&B Finance Analytics and that it's been beneficial to your company. I wanted to let you know we are constantly improving our product, so we value your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write this review; we appreciate it greatly. Cheers!

Devi
Credit Account Manager in US
Airlines/Aviation, 51–200 Employees

Gets the job done

Comments: Positive

Pros:

The site is easy to use and gives comprehensive financial information on the customer to analyze our financial risk

Cons:

Landing page is not always easy to find.

11 months ago

Thank you so much for your kind words, Devi! We are thrilled that you are enjoying your experience, but we also understand some challenges you face. I wanted to let you know we are constantly improving our product, so we value your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write this review; we appreciate it greatly. Cheers!

van
Credit Analyst in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201–500 Employees

Great credit tool

Pros:

Provides detailed info on companies. Like all the available features and easy to understand.

Cons:

Not always up to date or accurate. Relys on others reporting.

last year

Thank you so much for your kind words, Van! We're glad you're pleased with D&B Finance Analytics and that it's been beneficial to your company. I wanted to let you know we are constantly improving our product, so we value your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write this review; we appreciate it greatly. Cheers!

Jeremy
Controller in US
Plastics, 51–200 Employees

Comprehensive and valuable analytics tool!

Comments: I used D&B financial analytics with a different employer and recommended it to our company President to help assist us with gathering data on existing and potential new customers. It has been a tremendous source of gathering insight into a company's ability to pay on-time and to get a sense of their overall business health. I think this is a must for any mid-size company.

Pros:

The data seems very "fresh". For example, we have noticed that one of our customers has recently gone from taking payment discounts, to having late payments and even some significantly past due ones. Once we got signed up with this product, that trend was shown on that particular company's live report. This was really nice to see that it reinforced what I was seeing in real time and that is was reflected on the report.

Cons:

Sometimes some of the data contradicts itself. I will see a low Paydex score of say 67 and a failure rating of "high" but then an overall risk score of "low" which can be somewhat misleading and confusing, especially to someone new to the environment.

11 months ago

Thank you so much for your kind words, Jeremy! We are thrilled that you are enjoying your experience, but we also understand some challenges you face. I wanted to let you know we are constantly improving our product, so we value your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write this review; we appreciate it greatly. Cheers!

Heather
Accounts Receivable Manager in US
Facilities Services, 51–200 Employees

Amazing tools provided to keep up with current, new, and potential customer's

Pros:

D&B is remarkably user friendly and exceptional with the information provided for conducting business with others.

Cons:

There is only one aspect that I see could be improved. It would be helpful to expand on searching database for limited customer information.

12 months ago

Thank you so much for your kind words, Heather! We are thrilled that you are enjoying your experience, but we also understand some challenges you face. I wanted to let you know we are constantly improving our product, so we value your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write this review; we appreciate it greatly. Cheers!

Graham
Sustainability Compliance Manager in UK
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Everything I need

Comments: I am using D&B to help determine whether or not suppliers are Small or Medium Enterprises, which includes looking at Ownership and Family Trees, alongside financial information. Assessing the stability of the company taking into account the D&B assessment of whether or not the company is likely to fail … which would then lead me to "watch" the supplier and get alerts.

Pros:

I find it extremely easy to use and navigate. The information is well presented on screen. I can't comment on integration as I only use D&B for assessing potential suppliers.

Cons:

It would be really handy if the company name matches were shown for companies in every country, before the fuzzy match kicks in. E.g if I am searching for Joe Bloggs Inc, I would like to see Joe Bloggs inc in all countries, before I am shown J Bloggs & sons, Joseph Blog, Bloggs Ltd etc.

Kevin
Credit and Risk Officer in US
Consumer Goods, 51–200 Employees

D&B Finance Analytics Review

Pros:

I like the ease and look of D&B Finance Analytics. The system is easy to use and learn.

Cons:

additional FAQ would be useful. I will need to take some more time to learn more about D&B Finance Analytics.

last year

Thank you so much for your kind words, Kevin! We're glad you're pleased with D&B Finance Analytics and that it's been beneficial to your company. I wanted to let you know we are constantly improving our product, so we value your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write this review; we appreciate it greatly. Cheers!

Amira
Credit Collections Specialist in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, 1,001–5,000 Employees

User Friendly

Comments: Great tool.

Pros:

Recommended credit limit is very useful for my processes.

Cons:

It doesn't alert me when my session is about to end.

last year

Thank you so much for your kind words, Amira! We're glad you're pleased with D&B Finance Analytics and that it's been beneficial to your company. I wanted to let you know we are constantly improving our product, so we value your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write this review; we appreciate it greatly. Cheers!

Lisa
Credit Analyst in US
Financial Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Credit Analyst

Pros:

Very easy to understand the reports provided.

Cons:

I do not have any cons at t his time.

12 months ago

Francis
Accounts R in US
Warehousing, 51–200 Employees

D&b

Pros:

Easy to use and read, very informative when making a decision.

Cons:

Nothing, everything is great. Wouldn't change a thing.

10 months ago

Thank you so much for your kind words, Francis! I wanted to let you know we are constantly improving our product, so we value your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write this review; we appreciate it greatly. Cheers!

albert
VP Credit in US
Financial Services, 501–1,000 Employees

dnbi

Comments: Ok, hard to log in many times.

Pros:

The information is not very timely or accurate.

Cons:

More up to date information would be helpful.

Claire
Contract Administrator in US
Construction, 501–1,000 Employees

D&B Review

Comments: Preventing us from using certain companies that have negative business histories.

Pros:

The product is easy to use and I enjoy the organization of the D&B Reports.

Cons:

Integration into our business process was not difficult. I do not have any comments on how this product can be improved.

10 months ago

Thank you so much for your kind words, Claire! I wanted to let you know we are constantly improving our product, so we value your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write this review; we appreciate it greatly. Cheers!

Jessica
Accounts Receivable Manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 5,001–10,000 Employees

D&B Review

Pros:

I like the ease of reporting and the ability to have applications auto approved.

Cons:

I wish it was easier to see customer hierarchy. I can see if something is a branch or subsidiary, but wish I could see the entire corporate umbrella in one easy view.

last year

Thank you so much for your kind words, Jessica! We're glad you're pleased with D&B Finance Analytics and that it's been beneficial to your company. We are thrilled that you are enjoying your experience, but we also understand some challenges you face. I wanted to let you know we are constantly improving our product, so we value your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write this review; we appreciate it greatly. Cheers!