15 years helping British businesses

About Runn

Runn is a real-time resource management platform with integrated time tracking and powerful forecasting capabilities.

Learn more about Runn

Pros:

The ability to plan projects and to be visually able to see people resources and budgeting in one place.

Cons:

The holistic planning view for product development is a little bit tricky to do.

Runn ratings

4.5
4.9
4.2
4.6

8.8/10

Runn has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 30 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Runn before?

Sam
Sam
CEO in New Zealand
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Professional services companies: know your expected billing

Comments: The team are helpful and responsive to feedback; the tool is good and gets better every month.

Pros:

Runn is great at providing a projection of what the billings of a professional services organisation will be in months to come. It's an essential part of running an effective business which isn't as commonplace as it should be!

Cons:

With a lot of pre-existing tools (time-keeping, invoicing, business intelligence), it took a bit of time to get everything integrated nicely. While they do have out-of-the-box integrations that might suit your needs well, we found our needs too specific and needed to make custom integrations. That said, their APIs have meant that we could do this integration reasonably easily.

Joyce
Business Manager in US
Management Consulting, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use for managing resource allocations and time reporting

Pros:

This tool was so simple to implement, and it's easy to use to track what projects our resources are working on now and in the future. It gives us a good view of our cross-project metrics. I can't say enough about how customer support is very responsive to questions, issues, and feature requests. While the tool may not have every feature I want, it is a pleasure to work with this company.

Cons:

While I would like better reporting, they make it easy to export data and when I have a unique reporting need I can move the data to a spreadsheet. Therefore, the biggest area of improvement I see for Runn would be more security profiles. We could benefit from more flexibility than what they provide.

Keval
Sr. Data Analyst in India
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Short and Sweet

Pros:

This product for us was back to basics. Runn is very easy to use with the inclusion of all the major functionalities required to manage the project. Interface is easy to interpret!

Cons:

Overall it's a good one but it will be great if we can export the custom fields data i.e. fetching the data for the custom field created for a Project along with other project details. Few other must haves are - more control on permissions - restrict backdated update for planner - saving the filtered view on report - bulk update if can be made easy

Albert
VP Strategic Initiatives in US
Import & Export, 51–200 Employees

Runn is THE way to manage projects and resources in 2022

Comments: We made the great decision to start using Runn in early 2021 and it has been a blessing.
Easy to set up, customize and roll out to the different teams. Everything is built with care and it shows.
Overall, I couldn't recommend it more. In just a few months, we are able to get better visibility and control over our services teams with a fraction of the effort.

Pros:

Clean interfaces and easy-to-use software, that's what you need when you are dealing with the complexities of project and resource management. Runn delivers exactly that and keeps improving every week. Team leads now have up-to-date visibility on every front, including project financials, team utilization and beyond, without spending the entire day trying to source the updated data. it's ready for them.

Cons:

Some Reports and permission levels are missing or are limited and we've had to figure out workarounds. This is something the team is working on and I am confident they'll be resolving it pretty soon.

Ailsa
Design Manager in Canada

The Best Software for Software Development Agencies

Comments: Honestly, the team is amazing. They will answer your questions quickly, and offer support when needed. At one point, I spotted a bug with their dropdowns... I sent a support ticket and I had a response and a fix was deployed within two hours. Truly amazing stuff!

Pros:

Runn is incredibly easy to use. It's UI is clean and makes it easy for the user to understand how to complete their tasks. Their support team is also incredibly responsive.

Cons:

Runn is fairly new, so there are definitely some features we're waiting on... but the fact that the Runn team listens to every suggestion we make is amazing. I have complete confidence that Runn is going to be an incredible fit for us for a long time.

Alicia
Systems and Distribution Manager in US
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Runn is the perfect fit for our company

Comments: I am extremely happy with Runn. They were very helpful with the initial set up. I had a recommendation for changing the scheduler page which would help my team out. Runn was able to make the change in a few weeks.

Pros:

Runn was very easy to set up for our company. I can easily create schedules for our current and upcoming projects. The reporting features are great. I love how easily it shows the profitability per project and scheduled vs worked hours. We have used other software in the past and they had more features than our company needed and were complicated to use. Runn does exactly what we need it to do at a good price point.

Cons:

This isn't really a con because they are working on it but there currently isn't time tracking software and we have to integrate with Clockify. I'm looking forward to Runn having their own time tracking software so we don't have to use to apps.

Anne
Anne
Director in South Africa
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Great for a Startup needing to balance resources and costs

Pros:

Quite simple UX Timesheet linked to profitability functionality Resource based view Tentative project view Affordable for start-up

Cons:

Colors are not customisable Cant keep notes on projects (like Trello) Takes time to set up, can import the MS Project input

Karthik
Portfolio Management Intern in France
Financial Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Good, but can be better

Comments: It has been good, we're currently working on implementing the tool across the organization. The customer support has been helpful in getting our questions answered. Certain exports to Excel are difficult, and the current API call limit is frustrating.

Pros:

It's easy to manage resources, and time management for different projects which is useful for large organizations managing hundreds of projects at the same time.

Cons:

Messes up the names which has accents in them. A more effective real-time connection with Workday (our people management tool) would be helpful in ensuring names are consistent across these two different tools.

Kieron
Development Director in New Zealand
Design, 51–200 Employees

Great resource management and planning

Pros:

Easier to see where people and projects are at a glance, including budgets.

Cons:

Sometimes I wish there were more reporting options.

Dan
COO in Czechia

Using Runn

Pros:

the hours management for allocations and the API to other programs which we are using to get accurate reporting.

Cons:

I would like some more features in the space of HR Management of people and their skills to be able to better use the time allocation part in conjunction with RFI/RFP answering.

Warren
COO in New Zealand
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Lets you manage complexity with ease.

Pros:

Global view of people and projects. Ease of bringing people in and spotting when people will be free is essential. Project and functional reporting is straight forward and insightful.

Cons:

All features that I thought were missing have since been added. A very active development team.

Roman
Roman
COO & Co-Founder in Ukraine

A perfect Resource Planning instrument

Comments: My team is very happy. On last two years there were no one reason to switch to another tool.

Pros:

My team is very happy about resource management, tracking projects, utilization, financial metrics and permissions features. Since we had invited very different groups of people (finance, PMs, delivery, sales, etc), everyone has set of features they like, and everything is working very smoothly.

Cons:

We have pretty complex business intelligence tool to gather finance and project metrics, and we're using API sometimes. I would say that we're missing API features, but having public roadmap of planned features would be a plus.

Nicolas
Consulting Manager in Brazil
Management Consulting, 201–500 Employees

Runn changed our way to manage people and projects

Comments: After starting to use runn, we could improve our precision for the time allocation per person and project.

Pros:

we are using runn on a day-to-day basis to manage our consulting projects and where our employees are located. We use all features related to project management and reporting.

Cons:

Things that we would like to see in the tool is a better way to manage access per user role, it would be useful for us.

Gavin
Managing Partner in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Intuitive, magnificent value, addressed every single one of our needs

Comments: In addition to meeting ever one of our use cases, the time between initial evaluation, demonstrations to our leadership team, and having key stakeholders up and running using the tool productively was minimal. The intuitiveness and ease of use are off the charts.

Pros:

It addressed literally every set of asks we had in the domain of Resource Management (Capacity, Forecasting, Utilization) and Project Metrics (Role/Person Assignment, Burndown, and profitability). It had the added benefit of being able to retire a dedicated time tracking tool as well.

Cons:

If there were one thing, just one thing I could change, it would be: Nothing. Joking aside, I genuinely don't have anything I dislike about this tool. In fact, the more we use it, the more cool features we discover.

Kyle
GM PS in New Zealand
Computer Networking, 51–200 Employees

We're off and RUNNing....

Comments: Really good!

Pros:

I can teach someone to use it in 5 minutes. It is graphically intuitive and simple to display utilization. I like the tentative toggle.

Cons:

It's a new platform. The team are responsive to new features. We would like a few more categories as discussed for billing/non-billing and the team have this in their roadmap.

Wojciech
Project Delivery Manager in Poland

Brief opinion

Comments: Faster decision making process and future capacity planning overview

Pros:

User friendly, easy to manage and great Customer support

Cons:

Desired features which can't be customized quickly due to many customer requests

Danish
CEO in Pakistan
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Great Discovery for project working

Pros:

this app is so helpful for my small project. we can use it easily . Time saving.

Cons:

Runn is fairly new, so there are definitely some features we're waiting on.

Khilan
Resource Manager in UK
Media Production, 51–200 Employees

RUNN review

Comments: all well similar to Maven link

Pros:

the features are user friendly but it could do with a slight update of colour

Cons:

need to be colour friendly for tentativeness like maybe put in shading

Iain
Director in UK
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Good Value for Money, Great Customer Service, and Solid Understanding of the Use Case

Comments: Aside from the high quality and highly usable software, Runn's customer service has been exception - very impressed

Pros:

Powerful and feature rich, yet easy to understand and set up. Modelling my team, projects, and resourcing took a remarkably short time and prompted one or two very good questions I hadn't considered.

Cons:

Very little that is an out an out con; initially resourcing by percentage wasn't available but this has been added. Managing public holidays is a little fussy, as is the resulting treatment of longer term resourcing but neither of these are a big deal.

Jeremie
Project Manager in New Zealand
Telecommunications, 201–500 Employees

Runn for Project Management

Comments: Runn is an effective tool for PM's to easily Plan projects, Track resourcing schedule and I can produce desired results without wasting my time.

Pros:

Runn is very easy to navigate and very useful for efficient planning, especially if you are managing multiple projects.

Cons:

Nothing I can think of, the product is user-friendly to be honest

Cj
Director in UK
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Drives our operation

Comments: We use Runn to plan and view all of our projects highlighting where people are needed and when. It helps provide a birds eye view of our team and the business.

Pros:

Runn is really easy to set up, add projects, place holders and teams to giving us a clear picture of our capacity and timelines.

Cons:

It would be great to integrate with our team holiday calendar

Andrii
Engineering Lead in Ukraine
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 51–200 Employees

Great resource scheduling tool

Comments: Overall, Runn is a great tool that fits almost all my needs with resource scheduling

Pros:

- Easy to use - Simple entities, that fits all my neads - Great API, so that I can populate all my data with ease from another source

Cons:

1. I'd like to have the possibility to add part-time vacation 2. I'd like to have vacation resolution strategies available through API 3. I'd like to filter only projects that have placeholder

Yvonne
IT Portfolio Coordinator in Australia
Telecommunications, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Runnio is easy to use and friendly to new user

Pros:

Runnio is not complicated and friendly to new user, you can easily learn how to use it. It helps a lot when we're doing resource planning , we can know who is overutilized and do needful

Cons:

I'll recommend to add more feature like bulk updating resources leave time and auto set the public holidays. and it will be great if we can filter by location and employee ID

Andrejs
Founder in Latvia
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Much more than just resource planning

Pros:

Runn provides the ability to plan and manage your workloads, but it also helps track the project's financials in a very easy and intuitive manner. Special thanks to a customer success team for a quick response and flexibility!

Cons:

More like a nice to have feature - to have the ability to see project tasks from tools like Asana and be able to plan them across resources in a calendar view.

Matthew
General Manager in Singapore
Research, 51–200 Employees

Why didn't we use Runn sooner?!

Pros:

*Incredibly simple and intuitive UI *Ability to adjust resources in real time and see the impact is incredibly helpful *Built in filters, graphs and reports *Ability to import/export data to support integrations *Incredibly responsive support team and constant new features/improvements

Cons:

*Really need an undo button *Would be incredibly helpful to include version control