15 years helping British businesses

About Clipchamp

Clipchamp is the online video editor that empowers anyone to tell stories worth sharing through video.

Learn more about Clipchamp

Pros:

I just recently started using this software to create and edit my videos content and have found it to be very useful all the integrated tools.

Cons:

Probably the restriction of quality output for lower level subscriptions.

Clipchamp ratings

4.4
4.0
4.2
4.2

8.0/10

Clipchamp has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars based on 79 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Clipchamp before?

Arzu
Arzu
Digital Marketing Manager in Türkiye
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Literally saved my life

Comments: I've been using a MacBook for many years and doing all my video editing on Imovie. It was pretty simple and useful for me. Then I changed my computer and now I'm using Windows. I couldn't find an alternative for Imovie for Windows. I was so happy when I met Clipchamp that it provided me with more than even Imovie. Moreover, you can even use it from the browser and it has a very accessible interface! I tried a lot of tools until I met Clipchamp, but none of them was this easy, efficient or cost-effective. Good luck Clipchamp!

Pros:

Clipchamp really saved my life. I have video editing works that are very simple but not amateurish. Especially for how-to videos of our product, I take a lot of screen recording, speed up videos, and trim or merge them. These are simple operations, but many products on the market add watermarks to your videos even for these operations. I am pleased with Clipchamp's free plan. It meets everything I need!

Cons:

I am using the free plan and I am very satisfied, I do not have any negative comments. It would be nice to display all the videos in a better and more organized way just on your dashboard. This way is a little complicated. But it's okay, it's worth it.

Elijah
CEO in US
Computer Games, Self Employed

Why Do I Love Clipchamp?

Comments: I personally love using this software and I hope to keep using it for years to come

Pros:

I really like how it is not punishing if you do not pay for it. The free version is really nice to use and there are not too many paywalls.

Cons:

There are some features missing like being able to move things and also being able to rotate items to a specific degree. Shake should also be added as an effect.

Jitendra
Jitendra
Writer in India
Writing & Editing, 2–10 Employees

A beginner friendly video editing tool with fairly advanced options

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, I am very satisfied with Clipchamp. I would like to highlight that I mostly need basic editing features like trimming, cropping and rotating and occasionally use advanced features like audio separation.

Pros:

I am highly impressed with easy ClipChamp's uncomplicated navigation and easy to use video editing capabilities. Along with the common features like cropping, trimming, rotating, and splitting clips Clipchamp also empowers me with some fairly advanced options like separating video and audio or speech to text. As a person with some speech disorders I highly admire the coaching option that offers feedback on my presentation skills and helps me to find areas where I need to improve.

Cons:

The color resolution feature needs some improvement to help creators offer an impressive visual experience to the viewers regardless of screen size. Also, the processing speed can be improved further.

Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Usable and free, until it's not

2.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Easy to use, easy to setup, very creative and modern design, but does take some time to render and requires a subscription for some extra features

Pros:

The UI has to be highlighted for this software, I also like how it comes out of box with Windows 11, making the process seamless and requiring little to no setup

Cons:

Some features will require a paid subscription, which is frustrating; locking tools behind a paywall does not cut it for me; might as well go with a full subscription and include everything at once

Safiya
Performing artist in US
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Some free video editing

Comments: If Clipchamp launched an app and lowered costs it would be absolutely perfect. As it stands now there are better options but you could still use Clipchamps free part/version.

Pros:

I love using Clipchamp. Some parts of it are completely free.It's fun and easy to focus on. Templates are already partially set up and ready to be filled in with music or sound effects, text, graphics, also transitions. The editing windows are adjustable.I also love the chat support.

Cons:

I want lower cost. To get all of Climpchamp it costs 19 to 39 dollars per month, more than many others cost. I also want an app. It's too easy to accidentally exit the tab and lose your progress.

cali B Tv
toutube blogger in US
Entertainment, Self Employed

Horrible! No Live Customer Service! Editing Qualities the Worse!

Comments: But for the issues I mentioned the finished product is great but these vital issues makes this app horrible bc in the blogger youtube & other sites you need to get your content up as quickly as possible.

Pros:

One of the few editing apps out there for first time bloggers that's popular. If the editing feaatures where not so bad it would be a pretty good app

Cons:

No live immediate customer service that you can speak with or even chat with to resolve vital editing functioning issues or any issues for that matter. The editing tool is horrible. It will Flicker, get's stuck, it has to be relaunched quite often. on the upgraded for 11.99 they have copywriten music there and you don't know it until you upload your youtube video the music is copywritten. preventing you form monetizing fully. And the worse is there is no live cuatomer service reps to address issues, the chat CS is up to 12 days for response. Im current searching for another app to do my video's on.

Majeed Mohammed
Field Manager in Ghana
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201–500 Employees

Has helped my team decentralize content creation greatly

Comments: Climpchamp has been a wonderful discovery for me and my team. It offers really great features, is absolutely easy to learn and doesn't require much teaching. The user interface is also neatly designed for optimal user experience. We have loved using Clipchamp greatly.

Pros:

The most useful characteristic of Clipchamp is how easy it is to learn and use. Being accessible online also means that I get to carry my work along with me everywhere I go, and not worry about files taking up local storage space on multiple devices.

Cons:

A few more effects for scene transitioning and more options for background music would be really great additions.

Prashant
Prashant
Architect in India
Architecture & Planning, 2–10 Employees

Best Online Video editing platform

Comments: Overall experience is just amazing with Clipchamp. This video editing software makes my day-to-day life easy and increases my productivity.

Pros:

The preset templates are the best feature of Clipchamp. This feature gives me interesting ideas in order to create amazing videos and makes my work easy.

Cons:

There is nothing to dislike about Clipchamp. Every feature works in a good way. There is no scope for improvement according to me.

Arnaud
Co-Founder in France
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Finally an online video-editor that isn't slow!!!

Comments: Overall Clipchamp has been my go-to for video editing for the past few months and I believe it will be the same for the following months to come as well. The software is not slow comparing to online-video software and is even easier to use!

Pros:

What I like the most about Clipchamp is that it's fast to use. The problem with online video-editing tools is that they're always slow so I always come back to Adobe Premiere Pro. Not this time thanks to Clipchamp, this software is a gem.

Cons:

1 thing that I don't like is the impossibility to change the color of the image background that they offer as templates. Other than that, it's perfect for me.

Kristin
Marketing Director in US
Consumer Goods, 51–200 Employees

Great App for Reels!

Pros:

Clipchamp allows users to choose the orientation of video and edit accordingly, which has made a huge difference in how I create Instagram Reels or any vertical video. Very easy to use, layer as many channels as you need!

Cons:

Would be nice to have some more free sounds to use. Not much outside of premium but can bring in own files too.

Carlton
Director in Australia
Design, 2–10 Employees

A great web platform solution for video editing

Comments: So far its been working great - as its an affordable solution - to hand to freelancers to work with, if they dont have video editing software. We've eventually gave up on making too many revisions, as it keeps breaking the project... so what will be , will be.. once made...
Fortunately our projects are quite straightforward pumping of repetitive format content.
But anything further creative, that requires alot of perfection and revision, Id imagine this might be tricky

Pros:

As a mac user, working with Virtual Assistants using windows, I needed to give them a video editing software to use, without needing paying a huge software fee, and on a contract based duration. Clipchamps subscription model is great - Can turn it on and off. Can also view the work of the VAs remotely. And most importantly not waste harddrive space - as it stores the videos on the cloud - which is excellent, as it would cost my Virtual Assistant more hard-drive space, that I'd have to further support. A great tool for the every video editing essentials. The cloud rendering is also excellent, as it removes the need for a powerful cpu on my VA's end, plus allow you to quickly pivot working on the next task, without sitting around waiting for rendering, using up all your CPU.

Cons:

The only problem so far has been that the past projects - have lost their link to the source files. Whereas we'd think it stores files in the cloud, it almost feels it streams off your hard-drive or something. So when we delete stuff off our Hard drive, the project becomes dead. Also - because file are somewhat streamed off the users HDD, other users cant view the cloud project, (like.. I cant look into my VAs work in progress project) because I dont have the project files on my hdd. Simultaneously, I think I break the project, by trying to view it - as it detects a loss in connection with the src files. Either way, alot of the past projects are often due to src file links being broken. Any edits and revisions, we'd have to remake it again from scratch. If this can be fixed, that would be much appreciated! Its a huge killer.

Alyssa
N/A in US
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Great video editor, but a few problems

Comments: Except for not being enough transitions, this is a very easy and great site to use, and I will keep using it

Pros:

I'm able to quickly edit and export videos to upload, very easy to use and great customer service.

Cons:

As much as I love this software, there could be more transitions. I try to use a great deal of transitions to make my videos a bit more interesting.

Shilton
Information Officer/ Communication in St Lucia
Government Administration, 11–50 Employees

Great way to get your feet wet for new editors

Comments: Overall great, the free version offers enough functionality for so many of my day-day tasks. I will most definitely look into a premium subscription.

Pros:

Lots of templates prebuilt for various types of social media

Cons:

I only wish that I could purchase a lifetime license for premium features rather than monthly, and a little more advanced audio editing features when merging audio to video files

Ann Katrin
Office Services in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Online video editing tool

Pros:

Reminds us a lot of the old windows movie maker, so it was really easy to figure out and use. Has enough options on video editing for our uses, also not too much to be overwhelmed.

Cons:

Have't run into any problems so far, so cannot complain

Entertainment, Self Employed

Great app and good functionality

Comments: Good experience so far but could definitely be improved.

Pros:

I like the ease of editing on a browser and then being able to edit on my mobile device so I didn't have to transfer files.

Cons:

Captioning could be better, it is available on the IOS version but I can't find it on the browser version. Make things a lot more transparent and easy to find

Colin
Operations Manager in Canada
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use

Pros:

Very easy to use, first time editing videos and I tried a few different applications but this was by far the easiest to use.

Cons:

I wish the output quality could be better.

Emily
Lead, Education & Advocacy in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Clip Champ is great for small business use.

Comments: Clipchamp is straight forward. It also offers tutorials right on site in the event that you have basic video creation questions.

Pros:

Adding media to my library was super simple. Then, adding these pieces of media to my timeline for video creation was even more simple. This is great for re-merging Zoom conference recordings.

Cons:

There were times that I had to start over because the audio lagged or wouldn't line up properly with the video media I had added to it. This may have been a user error on my part.

Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Video making Clipchamp

Pros:

I like the overall experience with the tool and the functionalities it provides. It helps to create and edit videos even with little to no previous experience.

Cons:

I didn't have major problems with the platform.

Rachel
CEO in Australia
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Inexpensive, intuition video production tool

Comments: It's a great tool for small businesses like me to help edit video efficiently.

Pros:

I love the templates that you can use and how it makes the video production process simple.

Cons:

It can be hard to get used to at first if you're more used to complicated video production software like Adobe Premiere. A more thorough user onboarding experience would have been helpful, but otherwise I can't fault the quality of the product.

Mathew
Workforce Manager in New Zealand
Telecommunications, 201–500 Employees

Easy to use software with great features even on trial version

Comments: Very positive experience the first time I used it when I was on the free trial, the pay wall didnt bother me much

Pros:

It had a great deal of features that I needed to use and do even when I was only on the free trial

Cons:

The saving side was a bit confusing at the start but nothing too hard after giving it a go a few times

Eugene
Eugene
UI/UX Engineer in Australia
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Review for Clipchamp

Comments: Overall, it is a great and easy experience. I use Clipchamp mainly to make quick videos so I do not have to download an actual application.

Pros:

What I like most about the software is the dark theme and the overall design that Clipchamp provides (only within the editor). Personally, I felt productive at the beginning and many of the expected behaviour turned out to be what I expected. For example, the "add video field" seems like it is a drag and drop box, and it really is, which really gave me a good experience, first impression and good start to the project that I am working on. The second thing I really like is the easy navigation on the left panel. With the texts and icons, it's a clear indicator to navigate through places. On top of that, the star icon clearly indicates that you can only use this if you have paid premium.

Cons:

There's nothing much to dislike about the software. However, one thing is that Clipchamp only offers up to 480p for free users and the other day I looked up alternatives such as Kapwig, a very similar concept, they allow free videos to render up to 720p. But I totally understand that but it could be a better marketing strategy to gain more users with 720p and then slowly ramp that up. I might be wrong but I am pretty sure that are ways to measure success for it. Also, one thing is that I realise the render speed for Kapwig is a lot faster compared to clipchamp. However, that was a month ago and Clipchamp might have software updates to improve this.

Andy
asd in US
Accounting, Self Employed

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

Comments: Horrible experience. I have never used a tool this frustrating before

Pros:

I like how it is easy to use and similar to other editing tools i have use

Cons:

using the tools are too glitching and it keeps kicking me out to their home screen, making it not editable for me to edit. clips kept being deleted even though the clips that are downloaded are still there. every time I want to delete a text, the other clips keeps going forward which is unbelievable. if i want to extend a clip, the other clips extends(but that is only you add a lot of clips). adding more clips will slow down the website. things keeps disappearing and I am unable to edit or do anything.

Ravi
Ravi
Software Developer in India
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

My review of using Clipchamp for around 6 months

Comments: My overall experience using Clipchamp was good. I will give it around 4.3 stars out of 5. Except for the above-mentioned things, I love its every feature, be it Watermark free, Remove gaps in clips, changing orientation in the middle of the editing, etc.

Pros:

I have been using Microsoft Clipchamp for more than 6 months. During this journey, I liked its simple UI and ease of use. One of the most loved features of this app is WATERMARK FREE EXPORT, I love it. I also like its REMOVE THE GAPS BETWEEN VIDEO CLIPS feature a lot. Its pricing is also much less as compared to another similar kind of applications. Yeah, it's Value for money.

Cons:

I think everything is good except for the number of templates it provides. It's much less as compared to its other competitors. Also, in the free plan, we are not able to content backup which is a con. It must be there in the Free plan.

Daina
Marketing Coordinator in US
Banking, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Not worth the risk

Comments: bad customer service. slow editing speeds. unreliable save feature. I work for a large financial institution, and we lost hours of work put into an entire project because of Clipchamp's unreliable backup feature. I wasn't having any technical difficulties and there were no network problems with the wifi I was using. I even went the extra mile of starting an export just to make sure it saved. The next day I come back and half the work I did is gone. There is no manual save button so you are basically at their mercy if the site or app has a technical difficulty and decides for whatever reason not to save your progress. All of that could have been avoided with the option of a manual save button. To make matters worse, apparently they pick and choose which users to offer the chat feature to. I wasn't having any problems nor was I notified of any problems or violations with the account when Clipchamp suddenly took chat support away from our paid business account. Tested this by logging out then logging into a separate free account, and suddenly chat was available. Not only that, but when I reached out to support via email, they followed up with a generic initial email about looking into the technical issues we were having, then I never heard from them again even after several follow-ups. Clipchamp just has overall bad customer service and is not worth the troouble and risk of unstable performance. My advice? Invest in the dozens of other easy to use softwares out there

Pros:

Easy to use with basic understanding of editing

Cons:

unstable and unreliable. unsatifactory customer service

Osama
Osama
IT Manager in UK
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use Video Editor with Arabic support

Comments: I would recommend getting it because of the interface. The price and lack of outline in text are my reservations.

Pros:

Clipchamp has good Arabic support. The titles and text come out properly. A lot of editors out there do not support Right-to-Left languages. The time line editor is a pleasure to use. It is easy to see and split. You can also add layers quickly. The zoom feature is better than the competition. The interface is one of its strongest points. There are some utilities that you can also subscribe to. They offer some basic templates to get you started but you really do not need them since the interface is so easy to use.

Cons:

The exporting is not done in the cloud. It uses the computer resources. This could be a con for you if you do not have a fast computer. On the hand, the benefit is that you do not have to wait in the queue for the cloud service to export your MP4. I really wish they had an outline or shadow option on text and titles. The price is on the high side. Stock photos could be better. However, my main concern is the outline and shadow option. You really need that to make the text easy to read on some video backgrounds.