15 years helping British businesses

About ShipTime

ShipTime's full-service shipping solution provides easy to use tools allowing you to ship & track your shipments and save up to 60%.

Learn more about ShipTime

Pros:

Easy to use and great prices and great selection.

Cons:

Sometimes if I am the consignee, it can be difficult to get the shipment details (size and weight).

ShipTime ratings

4.7
4.4
4.6
4.6

8.7/10

ShipTime has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 496 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ShipTime before?

Josh
Josh
Purchaser in Canada
Security & Investigations, 11–50 Employees

Discovered through CFIB

Pros:

Since being introduced to Shiptime through CFIB we have consolidated all of our shipping through the Shiptime portal which has significantly reduced costs and allowed us to manage the expense of freight

Cons:

The integration with other shippers is coming! Canada Post was recently added but to add Purolator it still seems like a work in progress

3 years ago

Hello Josh, thanks so much for the review, we are glad to hear that you are enjoying the platform. Purolator is listed in the carriers page and has been one of our shipping partners for a long time! https://app.shiptime.com/index.html?locale=en#nav.Carriers

Anouk
Co-owner in Canada
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

satisfaction with shiptime

Comments: really good. Rarely do we have issues and mostly resolved fast with customer service.

Pros:

Easy to create shipping labels, tracking and pricing.

Cons:

There are certain carriers that will not honor what we have purchased and.... Not a software issue but still an issue since we are purchasing transport and carriers dont honor their service. We have banished some carriers from our possibility.

Jennifer
Administrative Assistant / Logistics Co-ordinator in Canada
Logistics & Supply Chain, 11–50 Employees

Review December 29 2021

Comments: Customer service is excellent.

Pros:

I like that there is several options to choose from when booking a carrier - depending on pricing and transit time

Cons:

The platform locks up frequently. Highly irritating. Only way to continue with your shipment is to log out and start over. This does not always work. Sometimes you may have to do this 3 - 4 times. Again highly annoying when you have multiple shipments to do and the platform locks up.

3 years ago

Thanks for your feedback. There is a system time out after thirty minutes of inactivity, however this should not affect you if you are in the process of creating shipments. We would be happy to review the shipping process with you to check for any other errors causing you to time out. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected]

Kerry
Owner/Partner in Canada

Love Shiptime!

Comments: We moved to Shiptime after a very bad episode with some other companies. I have had no issues - even when there was a problem with the package. Shiptime has been easy to work with and provides some great tools!

Pros:

We are super happy with the selection of carriers, the pricing, the ability to track it all, AND the BRANDING page is just so cool! We were so glad to see Canada Post offered in this now. Great add!

Cons:

I can't think of something I'd change. Our experience to date has been amazing.

President in Canada
Medical Devices, 2–10 Employees

Very Happy Customer

Comments: Amazing; makes our lives easier.

Pros:

Really easy to use. Easy to input package dimensions etc.

Cons:

There is nothing we dont "not like"; we use shiptime exclusively.

Thanks a bunch Michael!

Amanda
Guest Services Manager in Canada
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Great Service

Comments: Great always great service and fast delivery

Pros:

Easy to use, Great customer service, easy delievery

Cons:

Nothing, everything works great and have nothing bad to say.

3 years ago

Thanks a bunch Amanda, on location pick up is SUCH a great feature!

Joel
VP in Canada
Food Production, 2–10 Employees

Great support and options for shipping

Comments: Shiptime is always prompt in notifying me of issues with a shipment and offers solutions and provides followup contact with me to ensure that the issue was solved.

Pros:

Shiptime offers an easy way to view shipping costs for multiple carriers all at once and allows you to ship via the method that you prefer depending on your requirements.

Cons:

It would be nice to have the tracking information available right at the end of the payment process for each shipment to allow for simpler options to notify my customers. It would also be nice to have a bit more support with their API website integration.

3 years ago

Thank you for your feedback. The Tracking information is included in the receipt when the shipment is created. If you select "Notify Recipient" an email will also be auto-generated to your customer once the shipment is picked up. You also have the option of setting up a Branded Tracking Page so your customers will receive a tracking email with your company logo and any social contacts you provide. Please contact our support team at [email protected] to assist with this. As regards your API website integration we are working with both our first level and technical support teams to improve the service provided.

Bill
Admin. in Canada
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2–10 Employees

Greentronics and ShipTime

Comments: We enjoy using ShipTime. I've already explained above how ShipTime helps us with choosing the correct courier service to best suit our customers' needs. I expect we will continue to use ShipTime.

Pros:

We were made aware of this software by CFIB some years ago. The ability to quickly compare delivery times and costs with different couriers was the main feature we wanted to use. It allowed us to keep shipping costs reasonable for ourselves and our customers. When customers ask, we can honestly tell them we search for the most effective shipping method that best suits their needs. ShipTime not only gives us that amazing feature but also has a very well laid out interface. It is easy to learn and keeps the number of steps involved with setting up a shipment to a minimum. I particularly like how easy it it to recall historical shipments and look up proofs of delivery and other details.

Cons:

The only negative point I can think of is that the first shipment notification includes financial and payment details. I would prefer to have no financials on the first notification, just the tracking number, consignee details, package details, references (e.g. PO and sales order references).

3 years ago

Thank you for your feedback we will forward it to our development team for consideration.

Jennifer
Case manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Easy use!

Comments: Been a great experience and I will continue to use Ship Time for as long as my company does. It's a very simple way to quickly ship products out.

Pros:

Ship Time has easy to use features and was quick to learn. Haven't had any issues. The directions are clear and precise. Deliver time estimates have been accurate Everytime.

Cons:

There isn't really anything that I don't like about Ship Time currently. I've had it freeze on me before but that was easy to fix when it reloaded. No complaints!

Randy
President in Canada
Building Materials, 11–50 Employees

If you are a business operator you need to use ShipTime

Pros:

ShipTime gives you a clear choice of value shipping prices and makes it easy to capitalize on good shipping rates

Cons:

I can't tee up the shipping details to hand over to my customer and have them pay the shipping charge. This would make ShipTime invaluable to us

Bina
General Manager in Canada
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Shiptime

Comments: good

Pros:

Easy to use. A large selection of couriers available. Customer support is excellent

Cons:

The exact size and weight of package is not allowed.

2 years ago

Thank you for your feedback. Currently all carrier shipping rates are calculated on whole numbers which should be rounded up. It is important to use the most accurate number to avoid carrier adjustments when the shipment is transported. If you have an e-commerce store that you are connecting to ShipTime please feel free to contact us at [email protected] and we can provide the best recommendations for managing product weights and boxes.

Philip
CEO in Canada
Environmental Services, 2–10 Employees

I just works.

Comments: Overall I like ShipTime. And I often use it. Customer service could use a little work but I have experienced a lot worse.

Pros:

It’s a fairly simple software that works fairly well.

Cons:

The system doesn’t like change. Our company name changed as well as our address and the system keep reverting back to the old name and address. Also I can not ship on shiptime using a customer’s carrier account this would be a very handy feature.

Darren
VP in Canada
Wholesale, 2–10 Employees

Very helpful

Comments: Great, makes shipping simple. I don't have to deal with several couriers that have different interfaces. One and done with the ability to compare rates.

Pros:

Easy to use, easy to train new users on.

Cons:

Lack of communication in regards to issues with shipments. If a package is damaged and the package is not deliverable, I normally have to find out from my customer wondering where their shipment is. I then have to follow up with shiptime to find out this info. I don't think the problem is with shiptime but with the individual courier company.

Jackie
Co-owner in Canada
Machinery, 2–10 Employees

Traditionally a strong fan of ShipTime

Comments: For the most part ShipTime is a very big help for our business. The majority of our orders are shipped.

Pros:

Wonderful to get comparison pricing of numerous couriers available in our area, be able to save those quotes and go back and print labels and ship upon the order confirmation

Cons:

I have loved formerly Zoom Shipper, now ShipTime because of their wonderful support. I have found it less helpful in recent months. Is this because, as so often happens, it is outgrowing it’s ability to respond in a timely manner? I have had a few issues lately where the support was not great or timely.

3 years ago

Hello Jackie Thanks so much for the review and the feedback. Our Heroic Support team has been going through some changes in recent months, as a result we have ramped up our training and staffing so we can keep serving great customers like you!

Directeur in Canada
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11–50 Employees

Good Job

Comments: Fast and easy

Pros:

Easy to use faste and web acces is perfect four our compagy

Cons:

Payment by credit card. I wiil be better to pay invoice directly

Dave
Owner in Canada
Information Services, 2–10 Employees

Shiptime works for our company's needs

Comments: Positive since 2013 when we started using the program.

Pros:

It is easy to use. It is convenient to use.

Cons:

It would be nice to get follow up on Heroic support. We get an email acknowledging the request but nothing else. You contact the shipping company but you don't share the information with us.

3 years ago

Hey Dave Thanks for the review, glad to hear that you find the platform easy to use. This feedback about our support flow will be passed along for consideration.

Brett
Owner in Canada
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Shipping for small business'

Comments: We very much enjoy ship time. We still have a lot to learn. I am not sure if there are some how to video's so we can see what else is offered through this program but it's definitely made shipping massive amounts of product easy for us.

Pros:

We love the integration and that all tracking is imported to the selected order number once it's shipped.

Cons:

I don't like how if we revise an order by adding a product - the order is duplicated in ship time.

Jeanette
Sales Coordinator in Canada
Wholesale, 11–50 Employees

ShipTime review from Mellow Walk Footwear

Comments: Our overall experience with ShipTime has been quite good. Good customer service when we've called with invoice issues.
We have decided to not select Canpar as the carrier on a package when ever possible as we feel their delivery service is substandard. We have had a couple delivery issues that never got resolved after many weeks.

Pros:

The product is easy to use and rates provided are very competitive.

Cons:

We have no negative comments about the software.

Daren
Warehouse Manager in Canada
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

ShipTime Review

Comments: shiptime is a critical part of our business. It gives me the flexibility to choose between carriers and pricing to satisfy our customers.

Pros:

easy to use and track shipments. customer service is extremely helpful and usually resolve issues quickly.

Cons:

the inability to speak directly with the courier. Canpar is notoriously slow and takes too much time to get answers on shipments that they mess up

Dana
Communications and Logistics in Canada
Arts & Crafts, 2–10 Employees

Shiptime is convenient

Comments: Time is saved by using shiptime for Express Carriers.

Pros:

Quick easy access to multiple carriers. Automatic label production and very good shipment tracking.

Cons:

I think customer service accessibility can be improved and insurance can be offered at a better rate

3 years ago

Hello Dana, We are in the process of growing our Heroic Support team. As for insurance, we're curious to know what would be considered a better rate?

Kristina
Logistics manager in US
Sporting Goods, 11–50 Employees

Shiptime is good

Comments: It is fast to learn and easy to use

Pros:

Easy to use and Fast to learn. As a seasonal company we have constant good rates. We could get better rates in season direct with carriers but during our off season we get better rates so it averages out

Cons:

It doesn’t integrate with our website or our accounting system. Using several carriers when there’s a problem it is longer than normal to get it fixed using a third party

3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback Kristina, have you ever reached out to our support team for assistance with your website integration?

laura
owner in Canada

Software is just ok

Comments: ShipTime is challenging to work with due to their couriers they have partnered with. They try their best but at the end of the day, it's the couriers that ruin the experience. ShipTime is at their mercy.

Pros:

I like the order history, address management.

Cons:

navigating back and forth through screens is cumbersome

3 years ago

Hello Laura, we will take your navigation feedback into consideration for future improvements.

Rachel
Controller in Canada
Construction, 11–50 Employees

ShipTime

Pros:

Much cheaper and easier to use than the actual provider sites (ie Purolator, FedEx)

Cons:

Sometimes it is cumbersome to figure out the best shipping option from the list.

Aquilina
Account Manager, Surety in Canada
Insurance, 11–50 Employees

Ship Time Review

Comments: we've been using it for almost 5 years

Pros:

There are multiple carriers to choose from, within Canada and outside Canada.

Cons:

nothing really, this system is pretty easy to use and navigate

3 years ago

Thank you Aquilina for your continued use of our platform and for your support! We're thrilled to hear that you're enjoying the services.

Ron
OWNER in Canada

Poor service

Comments: dont like it

Pros:

quick ,,but they need to quote excaxt price

Cons:

pricing changes after shipment shipped

3 years ago

Hey Ron, the best way to guarantee no shipping adjustments is to double and triple check your package weight and dimensions. That is the #1 reason for customers getting unfortunate shipping rate adjustments after the fact,