Sage 300cloud Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall

About Sage 300cloud

Sage 300cloud is an ideal business management solution for growing service and distribution businesses.

Learn more about Sage 300cloud

Elastol L.
National Procurement Officer
Philanthropy, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/06/2017

"The work of SAGE 300 ERP with Me in Lusaka, Zambia"

Comments: We were trying to address the issue of going green meaning working in a paperless environment.
We benefit in many ways as we had reduced on stationery cost, and work become faster as processes were integrated in the systems.
It still requires improvement and the environment in which it works does not fully support or become compatible with local Vendors.
The advice I would give to others is that they need careful planning so that they only ask for installation of packages suitable for their environment.

Pros: It automates manual work of processing purchase orders and eliminates physical postage of paper documents to third party (Suppliers). It integrates separate pieces of transactions into one, making work easy and shorten the overall time spent on processing one simple transaction e.g. Purchase requisition is generated by someone else then converted into a purchase order without altering many details. The system is able to make basic or advanced calculations of cost and taxes hence eliminating the burden of errors and omissions.

Cons: It is somehow expensive to run as it requires a perpetual subscription to be made. It is a system that cannot just be installed on the PC for a lifetime.
Room for improvement is still available because it has a lot of steps (clicking is too much).
We could not achieve the go-green aim as most of the time we were printing out physical copies of contracts as the environment in which we used the system did not have many vendors connected to the internet.

• Reviewed on 12/06/2017
Idah P.
Technical Assistant
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/06/2021

"SAGE 300"

Comments: The software is cost effective, user friendly, accurate and reliable. Reporting is up to scratch and auditing is made easy. Integration with other products made easy

Pros: The software is cost effective, user friendly, accurate and reliable. Reporting is up to scratch and auditing is made easy

Cons: Generally the product is fine with no flaws. The integration with other products is seamless. No clitches.

• Reviewed on 15/06/2021
Patricia C.
Financial & Administrative Coordinator
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2020

"Sage Pros and Cons"

Comments: I really enjoy it, other than the "insert" key. I haven't had to call much for support but when I have, they have been very helpful. I need to update to the next version and hope to do that in the near future.

Pros: The ease of use. I also like the importing/exporting factor to excel spreadsheets.

Cons: I HATE having to use the "Insert" button to complete a transaction. I would love to see Sage allow the enter key available to use. I have a Mac at home and Apple has taken the insert button off their keyboards so I am unable to enter Sage transactions from home I have to come to the office to complete entries. You would make my day and many others, I'm sure if we could use the enter key.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2020
Angele N.
Recreational Facilities & Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2020

"Sage- Manage your inventory"

Comments: At first we had to be trained and it took a couple of days to get savvy on this and that is normal. This product was quite helpful during the stock taking process as we now had the ability to see what our usage was like and took a really short time, which normally would have taken a couple of days to complete. It also assist us in the Procurement process. We are able to manage our spending more efficiently.

Pros: We use this software to manage our inventory. We have totally happy with this as the different departments which are not in the same area, can order, approve and have our Stores Department deliver with no hiccups. It also advises when items need to be reordered. Our Stock taking process and audit is so much more efficient with this software.

Cons: I would say that we do not have much issues other that you need to have the correct name of the item you are ordering. Once you become familiar with your stock it is much more manageable.

• Reviewed on 07/10/2020
David W.
MIS Administrator
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2016

"Full Ledger Accounting Package"

Comments: I work in the IT Industry and I've worked at a company that sold Sage Products to multiple customers. Sage300 is a great system for workplaces that need a Full Ledger accounting package. It is sold in the standard modular state, if you need a feature, you buy it and add it on. AR, AP, GL, Bank Reconciliation, etc. It can integrate with multiple database solutions if I recall. They started out producing for Pervasive SQL, but I think you can get it for MSSQL now too. A bit of a learning curve to get used to it. One of the nice features is the security of it. You can limit any user's rights to a very fine level.

Pros: Modular, great security, solid product. Fantastic support from the manufacturer.

Cons: A bit of a learning curve for both use and administration.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2016
Robert C.
Director of Finance & Administration
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees

"SAGE 300"

Comments: Generally happy with Sage. Support has been good and our SAGE partner is knowledgeable and helpful.

Pros: Some areas of the software are easy to use while others not so much. We require a lot of add-ins to get the full functionality of what we need, there by significantly increasing our cost. Core SAGE does require a lot of work arounds depending on your needs. Reporting is good, some of it could be improved, but generally happy with reporting.

Cons: Not extremely user friendly, but is better than some software. While reporting is stated as good, many customized reports are required.

Judith S.
Purchasing Manager
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2017

"How Sage 300 Help us in Daily basis"

Comments: Sage 300 can improve its integration process with Microsoft products as well as Procore

Pros: Reporting tool help us to understand day by day how is our company working. With business intelligence we can explain to our principals how their investment in working. The tax reporting calculates directly in the currency source doing very easy our account work

Cons: Sometimes when we try to edit data the program tends to be so slow that makes terrible do our simple job. When you try to get support from the support team, the process is archaic and not effective.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2017
Stephen P.
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2018

"Sage 300 epr"

Comments: An advanced software that any account must have in the business

Pros: Sage was recommended to once implemented it was easy to use from day one. Fast and simple to use. clear useful data which instantly made a positive impact on our business. it saved us time and money within its first month of use brilliant software a must-have for any company.

Cons: Sage is too complicated to both install and set up we have to get an outside company set up and install apart from this additional cost everything else was perfect.

• Reviewed on 14/03/2018
Carol F.
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2020

"Proven Reliability Over The Years"

Comments: We are very happy with Sage 300

Pros: We have used Sage since 1996 and have been part of and used most of the upgrades throughout the years.
Realiability comes to mind and the ease of the overall upgrade process.

Cons: The only aspect of the software was in the issuance of reports that can be considered one-time only printing. With the last few upgrades, I noticed that this has now been removed for most of the reports which is great for historical ease of reference.

Computer Software, Self Employed

"Sage 300Cloud review"

Pros: Pros: Solid audit trail, Easy to use, Reliable business logic

Cons: Virtually No capability of exporting Master Data (Customer, Vendor, Items) to Excel
Virtually No capability to import transactions (Orders, Purchase Orders, Invoice, Payment, etc) from Excel.
Not enough default report (Most of the reports are there from Accpac DOS!!!!, where there was no capability to store the data more than 1 year.)
Frequent price increase (Netsuite is cheaper than Sage 300)

Don H.
CFO
Wholesale, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2020

"Sage 300 Review"

Pros: Easy of use with numerous business types.

Cons: Changes are needed to save time in data input. The software should retain the vendor code when entering invoices in accounts payable. You have to reenter the vendor code each time a group of invoices are entered for the same vendor. You are only able to pay 14 invoices to a single vendor with one check.

• Reviewed on 18/05/2020
Samantha Z.
Financial Reporting Manager
Oil & Energy, 201-500 Employees

"User Since 2012"

Pros: I like the interface of the software that makes it easy for the person inputting information to navigate the screens.

Cons: If I am both an approver and an data entry employee I can approve my own GL, AP, etc entries. This has proven to be an internal control issue when our auditors are documenting our systems and controls.

Arek S.
Systems Manager
Oil & Energy, 501-1,000 Employees

"The Perfect ERP"

Pros: I like how it makes the entire business cycle seamless. It is also really good at integrating with many available options.

Cons: It can take a while to learn the various aspects of the program, but once you do it is amazing.

Kristina F.
accounting specialist
Construction, 11-50 Employees

"Accounting perspective"

Comments: na

Pros: It is pretty easy to use, good for vendor and customer reports

Cons: cannot print invoices out of sage, should be able to reprint a check even if it is posted

Chelsey S.
Controller
Food Production, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2020

"K&R"

Pros: pretty easy to use once you learn it, easy to drill down to info required

Cons: Very difficult to change yearend, very difficult to fix mistakes, do not like I have to deal with an agent for the software

• Reviewed on 14/05/2020
Kristaps K.
Director, Finance and Corporate Services
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2020

"More functions"

Pros: Simple interface and easy to navigate. Could make some of the functionality of AP and AR more seamless.

Cons: Needs more functions to support paperless payables.

• Reviewed on 08/05/2020
Molly M.
Accounting Supervisor
Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 Employees

"Good!"

Comments: Overall good product

Pros: Easy and simple to use. It is functional and meets all requirement of our needs.

Cons: It seems the Licence renew price increase every year.

Acquisitions Controller
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2019

"Great Software"

Comments: Great Reporting and excellent Customer Service with Acumen.

Pros: I love the intelliegence Reporting. And the ease of the reconciling Bank Statements, and making Journal Entries.

Cons: It took my team a little bit of times feeling comfortable with the system at first. They had been using the same software for several years and did not want to change.

• Reviewed on 01/02/2019
Founder & Principal
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2017

"Okay accounting software but terrible for process manufacturing."

Comments: Accounting management system.

Pros: Consistency across most modules. Sage Intelligence was helpful as well as some plugin reporting features.

Cons: Lot management was an add-on feature that did not integrate fully. Cost management was unwieldy. Manufacturing is only for discrete manufacturing but was sold to a process manufacturing company.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2017
Linda F.
Director of Operations
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2020

"Sage 300 for Manufacturing"

Comments: Overall we are satisfied, and we have much more functionality than with our previous software.

Pros: We upgraded from Sage 50 to Sage 300 and happy we are now able to have lot control for our manufactured goods. Love the ease in finding any information required. Search works very well.

Cons: Took some getting use to regarding batches, the learning curve is longer than expected

• Reviewed on 12/05/2020
Sasha H.
Business Specialist
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2017

"Sage 300 promised much at the point of sale; but Sage 300 did not deliver."

Pros: Sage 300 had extensive reporting tools, which could be exported into Microsoft Excel and manipulated.

Cons: I least liked the fact that we had to go through a consultant to make just about any changes to our invoices/statements. It was not very user friendly or intuitive.

• Reviewed on 06/12/2017
Philippe M.
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees

"Sage 300 - Best choice"

Pros: Strong software multicurrency functionalities

Cons: High Priced for current my deserved marketplace

Magdalene I.
Accountant
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/01/2017

"SAGE 300 ERP Efficiency"

Comments: I began using SAGE 300 ERP to start a project that was just being implemented. I had to build a chart of accounts and record numerous transactions. I was able to do this task with this one particular software.

Pros: The pricing structure is very interesting and attractive and I liked the fact that I was able to design the financial reports based on the company/personal needs in the intelligent reporting module.

Cons: It was not very user-friendly when I tried to export the Accounts Payable report to Excel. I had to save as a CVS file then copy and paste the columns that I needed, which made it a bit tedious. I had to run the intelligence report again from the beginning because new entries were posted. I was not able to edit anymore once I posted the entries so I had to make a reverse entry.

• Reviewed on 20/01/2017
Misti M.
Recruiting
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2018

"Mediocre"

Pros: Easy for companies that do a lot of mass hiring or contractors. Great for multiple managers and multiple jobs. Approval of time for hourly employees is easy.

Cons: The various ways you can get lost in the system without even realizing where you are. It did not feel like there was defined roles.

• Reviewed on 02/04/2018
Tate P.
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2017

"Inability of Sage 300 to do what Sage 200 did"

Comments: We are nearing the end of a migration of our accounting package from Sage 200 to Sage 300. Our business requires us to put detailed descriptions in our purchase orders. The native field in Sage 300 only accommodates 60 characters; we need at least 130 characters in the field. We are told that we must purchase a third party program (nearly plus annual maintenance costs) in order to do in Sage 300 what we used to do in Sage 200. This is not providing good value.

Pros: Nice graphic user interface. Reasonable level of transactional capability, although the native version is weak on analytical capability.

Cons: Inability to provide same features as Sage 200. Substantial differences for the same functions. Seems to be from a different company.

• Reviewed on 30/10/2017