AhaSlides Reviews

4.6 (42) Write a Review!

About AhaSlides

Interactive presentation software that lets your audience vote, ask questions, play quiz, send ideas, and be engaged in real-time.

Learn more about AhaSlides

Pros:

In addition, setting up your slides and then selecting the various polls, etc. is so easy. I must say that the customer service is good also.

Cons:

Not much flexibility on font, slide animation, text arrangement.

AhaSlides ratings

4.7
4.5
4.2
4.6

8.8/10

AhaSlides has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 42 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used AhaSlides before?

Marc
Consultant in Netherlands
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Easy to use, feature rich, interactive presentation software

Comments: For a client I wanted to have lots of interaction with the audience (around 150+ people) for a short period of time. With AhaSlides this was very easy, successful and for a good price! After the job was done I just discontinued the subscription ... until the next time I need to do something similar ;-)

Pros:

AhaSlides has many templates for different forms of interaction you would like to use in your presentations. Only open questions or only closed yes/no questions would be boring and inapplicable for all interactions. AhaSlides provides many means for all kind of interactions you would like to have. Besides all the features AhaSlides is really smart with data. During development of the presentation you have great options to test it, fill in some dummy data and reset all data just before the actual presentation. Afterwards it is very easy and convenient to export the data from a session and process it offline. Great, awesome tool!

Cons:

AhaSlides is a tool for building presentations with online interactions with your viewers. It is not a tool to build 'broadcasting' presentations with.

last year

Thank you so much for your sharing! Glad that we were able to help you interact more with your audiences. The reason we created AhaSlides was to encourage more interactions between people, regardless of the physical distance. Cheers!

Jeremy
Worship Leader in US
Religious Institutions, 501-1,000 Employees

The best large group game out there

Comments: AhaSlides is way more that a game software. However, the ability to host a massive game of 100's or even 1000's of participants is excellent. This is a strong feature that many seek, the ability to engage and interact with your large audience, and to have them interact with you in a meaningful way. AhaSlides deliver on just that.

Pros:

AhaSlides was the best program I've used so far for large group activities. We were seeking a live host driven "Jackbox" experience, and AhaSlide made that super easy! I've used Kahoot before, kahoot is clunky, goofy and unprofessional. And I hate Kahoot's stupid song and sound effects. AhaSlides was completely customizable! I said it when I was interacting with your support team, you aren't the cheep alternative to Kahoot. But I'll go one step further, Kahoot is the lower quality, more expensive alternative to AhaSLides.

Cons:

On my first use with their software, I had small issue with hardware compatibility on different Mac computers, and our projection system. AhaSlides would not display all the graphics on screen depending on the type of computer and browser we showed it on. We have a state of the art $10,000,000 broadcast facility with up to date video switcher systems. At the end of the day, it appeared that AhaSlides was very inconsistent with the way it displays across different browsers and computers (the most stable environment was a PC running Chrome, the least stable environment was a iMac running Safari) At the end of the day, I am a PC user, but I know that the vast majority of the time when I show up to any venue of any size, that Apple products are going to be used for video. So I need to be ready for any PC or Apple situation I find myself in, and so does AhaSlides. To thrive, your program needs to be airtight across all major platforms. Do not expect all organizations to be able to change platforms and browsers to get AhaSlides to work. Most aren't will to go through that work, and many don't even have that felxibility.

2 years ago

Glad to know that you enjoy our product! The AhaSlides team works very hard to ensure that you, the customer, would have the best experience. Our product also aims towards business professionals such as yourself, so knowing it helps you is great news to us! Regarding the compatibility issue that you mentioned, we are still trying our best to make AhaSlides run smoothly on all platforms. Stay tuned!

Joe
Artist in United Arab Emirates
Entertainment, Self Employed

Can get better !

3.0 last month New

Comments: Overall Customer Service is prompt and they respond very well to questions and feedback.

Pros:

I was happy with the look and feel of AHA Slides and also how I was able to present on my screen But Functionally I am not very impressed and had to move to MyQuiz.

Cons:

When I started using this platform, the biggest issue for me were : 1) NO way to ENFORCE a secured access via Specific Log In (Any one with my slides link were able to join in) 2) The moment I crossed 40 users - the new users were not able to connect to the presentation and were getting the error to reload page. I lost around 5-7 very important customers who got upset due to this. 3) There is NO Option to UNDO any Changes done on the Slides. This is very inconvenient and risky. 4) Import option only brought in the slides as images not as editable text.

Laura
Director in US
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great for one-off Slide Share and Trivia Needs

Pros:

I liked that I could purchase a one-day use package instead of having to purchase a monthly or yearly subscription like most other software requires (ie. Kahoot!). I do not have a daily or even monthly need for this kind of software, but when I do need it, I am very willing to purchase the one-day option. I also appreciate the education pricing options. The Trivia works very similar to Kahoot!, but Ahaslides seemed easier to use overall.

Cons:

I don't think there was anything negative about my experience with Ahaslides for my current needs.

2 years ago

Thank you so much for the review! The reason we created the one-time plan was so that our customer can have some fun with AhaSlides, while not having to worry about any long-term commitment. We understand that flexibility is very important to many of the users, so we always try to help you to the best of our ability.

Elmer
Process Manager in Mexico
Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Easy

Comments: It has helped me a lot in my presentatios and with my team, the most has been happy with the interaction

Pros:

I like the interaction with de public, the visual tools

Cons:

I can´t copy and paste and image, and a slide

last year

We're glad to hear that AhaSlides has helped you a lot with your presentations.. Thanks to customers like you, AhaSlides is improving every day and now you can use copy slides from a presentation to another in AhaSlides. Customers satisfaction is AhaSlides motivation to move forward, so more functions will be added soon. Stay tuned!

Jesus
Rewards Regional Manager in Netherlands
Consumer Goods, 10,000+ Employees

Simple to use, Impactful sessions and great customer service!

Comments: I was looking for an option like this and I strt looking at Mentimeter but it was expensive compared to Ahaslides so I just looked in google other options and Ahaslides captured my attention.

Pros:

the easiness to create a new presentation and the easiness for users to vote/answer and then to review results. Whenever I have contacted Ahaslides for questions they have always been very reactive and fast in their responses and this is great.

Cons:

Could be good that we can copy-paste images or insert images or PDF info into the slides. Sometimes is good to make reference to a PDF internal docment or to another presentation and it could be good that we can simply copy paste in the main body without being the backgroud image

2 years ago

We are pleased to know that AhaSlides was easy on your wallet! We love to know that we are being helpful to our customer, technically or financially. Regarding the copy-pasting of images or PDF into slides, you might be able to do so in the future. The AhaSlides team is moving forward every day, upgrading AhaSlides as we speak, so more functions will be added in the near future!

Karol
Admin Assistant in US

Great and Easy to Use

Pros:

I liked that it was easy to use and the options for questions with live answers was great. I was able to use it for an international Virtual retreat and it worked wonders. I loved that I was able to edit my background, it made it super nice for the event with our Company design as the background.

Cons:

The limit for customization such as fonts styles, font sizes, and the placement of pictures on slides.

2 years ago

Thank you for the kind review! The AhaSlides team is always striving to satisfy you, our valuable customer! Knowing that you enjoy our product is a delight, so thank you once again.

Edwin
Talent program manager in Ireland
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Stay in contact with employees

Comments: We used the software the run a bi-weekly quiz. This is a great way to stay in contact with our employees since we had to work from home

Pros:

Easy to use and you are able to customize the slides. Never had issues, even with 100+ employees using it

Cons:

We have not experienced no issues while using this software

2 years ago

Thank you so much for your sharing! Glad that we were able to help you interact more with your employees. The reason we created AhaSlides was to encourage more interactions between people, regardless of the physical distance. Nice to hear that you have not experience any issue with AhaSlides. However, if you do, you can count on us to be there and help!

Kevin
CEO in Norway
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees

Superb alternative to the more expensive and less stable options

Comments: I love it, and will continue to use it

Pros:

We use this for our weekly quiz in our pub. Works really well! I love the versatile user options for quiz use

Cons:

Would love to be able to decide how many points every question rewards. Would also love for the pictures used in question to be bigger

2 years ago

Thank you so much for your kind words! We will soon be working on a feature to let users change the amount of points they awarded to each question. You can always count on the AhaSlides team to help you!

CTO in Finland

Tool to make people amazed

Comments: Tries out several different tools like AhaSlides. This one provided the functionality & flexibility I was looking for and has even a "one time event" payment plan - this was perfect for occasional use!

Pros:

The idea of creating a quiz like a Power Point presentation is working. You have lot's of freedom to create different kind of questionnaires or competitions. The tool has lot's of flexibility and once you get familiar with it it's easy as A-B-C.

Cons:

The interface takes some time to learn and understand the different types of slides and score displays.

last year

Thank you for using AhaSlides! The reason we created the one-time plan was so that our customers can have some fun with AhaSlides, while not having to worry about any long-term commitment. We are upgrading AhaSlides as we speak, so more functions will be added in the near future. Please stay tuned!

Manning
Enterprise Data Architect in Australia
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Everything you need at a great price

Comments: We originally purchased it just to run some trivia quizzes for the divisional social club, but as people across the company saw it in action, it has become extremely popular for all sorts of purposes - internal training, corporate culture sessions, etc.

Pros:

Easy to use, lots of features, free version had no restricted functionality (just a limited audience of 7).

Cons:

Can't load an image into a quiz question.

last year

We're pleased to know you had a good experience. Thank you for sharing this with us and the community! Regarding the uploading image to the quiz question, we would recommend using AhaSlides with Chrome or Firefox. Since AhaSlides works best with these browsers. We are upgrading AhaSlides as we speak, so more functions will be added in the near future. Cheers!

Warren
Consultant in US
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

Easy to use!

Comments: With AhaSlides, we're able to create an interactive presentation which increases audience engagement. We have received great feedback on the presentation, especially the interactive features.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to use! Once the powerpoint is imported, it just takes a couple of minutes to create the poll slides. It is very user-friendly for the user as well and allows for interactive presentations.

Cons:

I don't like that you can't play embedded videos. I have to stop sharing my screen in order to pull up the video in another window. Really wish we were able to play these videos directly from the presentation!

last year

Thank you for your sharing. The AhaSlides team is always striving to satisfy you, our valuable customer! Knowing that you enjoy our product is a delight, so thank you once again. Regarding the embedded videos, there are 2 ways to add video on AhaSlides, the first way is to use YouTube slide. The second way is to upload the video to Googles Slides and link it to AhaSlides using the Google Slides slide.

Guisselle
Grant writing officer in Nicaragua
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees

AHA slides: my first experience with this type of software

Comments: It was a good experience overall. It made my presentation very dynamic and everyone enjoyed the trivia while also learning about the exposed topic.

Pros:

That it was easy to use and understand. It was my first time ever using it, and the meeting I had was kind of a last-minute thing. Thus, I didn't have a lot of time to thoroughly familiarize myself with the software, but everything ran smoothly.

Cons:

That a lot of the customizable settings were very limited, and it didn't quite fit into the aesthetic that I was going for. Additionally, I started working on the question templates first, for a trivia kind of activity. I then imported my PowerPoint presentation, and I had a hard time organizing each slide because the interface was just too simple.

10 months ago

Thank you for using AhaSlides! We really appreciate your kind review. We are working to add more customization options to AhaSlides in the future, so stay tuned!

Sharon
Facilities Manager in Israel

Great fun for the employees

Comments: We are a global company of over 200 people.
During our working from home, all welfare activities paused.
AhaSlides gave us a good solution for engaging people while learning about their peers, holidays or just general knowledge in fun games.

Pros:

Product super easy to use, while when I had a question support team answered quickly. Best feature for us is the option of answering and seeing the answers at real-time.

Cons:

I wished there were more options for types of answers, for example- percentages graph

2 years ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience, our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. Our product also aims towards business professionals such as yourself, so knowing it helps you is great news to us! We belive that quality in a service or a product is not what you put on it, it's what the customer gets out of it. Regarding the answer display, you can set it as pie chart or bar chart for Multiple Choice question and there will be more plans for that in the near future, stay tuned!

Rachel
Dean of Social Studies/Teacher in US
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

Love Using with my Students

Comments: My students love our daily polls. If I ever miss a day the students are so bumbed!

Pros:

I love that students can answer anonymously so we do silly poll questions and serious questions. It was great for Zoom learning and also in person!

Cons:

It's hard to trace a comment back to a student (which is also a plus, but if there's a problematic comment a teacher may need to be able to do that)

last year

We are glad to hear that you and your student enjoy AhaSlides! We try to make AhaSlides as easy and fun to use as we can. To know who pick which answer in a poll, you can use the Audience Admission function to ask them for their name. When the poll ends, you can export the data to an Excel file to check the answers. Thanks for using AhaSlides!

Paul
Owner in Netherlands
Financial Services, Self Employed

Economic solution for sporadic user with all the features from much more expensive KAHOOT

Comments: Provided a training for a group of 10 people. Was familiar with KAHOOT, but had decided to forego an interactive element in my presentation due to the costs.
Discovered AhaSlides the evening before my training session.
Without having used the software before, I was able to set up various polls and quizzes to support and enhance my training.
Was also very pleasantly surprised with the ability to export responses to excel, but also, export all sheets including participant's responses in a pdf slide package, which can then be shared with participants after the presentation together with the presentation itself.

Pros:

Easy to quickly set up. My use revolved around simple quizzes and polls. My use is sporadic, so was not interested inexpensive and long term subscriptions. The 1-day option was exactly what I was looking for without breaking the bank. Reporting feature after your presentation is very useful.

Cons:

Animations in imported Powerpoint are not taken over. Therefore, I had to switch between my Powerpoint presentation and the interactive website. Not a huge issue, but had animations also been copied, I would have had only 1 interface during my presentation, which would've been a huge benefit!

Jamal
CEO in US
Mental Health Care, 2-10 Employees

It works well!

Comments: Overall, I love it! It really does add an interactive portion to your presentation. It works really well with youth and adults like it to. It has enhanced my presentations.

Pros:

I like the interactive portion allowed for slides in the software. It allows you to really engage with your audience. It's participatory. It is not death by PowerPoint. In addition, setting up your slides and then selecting the various polls, etc. is so easy! I must say that the customer service is good also. I was on a business trip out of town and reached out to customer service around 9 PM on a Tuesday night needing guidance on my slides for a presentation I was doing the following morning. They responded right away. It was great that they were able to help me so I did not have come up with a workaround or go with a different product that I was more accustomed to but it would not have been as engaging.

Cons:

I wish there was a way to be able to use the product if you do not have wifi. Sometimes being in hotels, convention centers, or certain buildings the wifi is spotty therefore, I am always nervous before the event starts and hope that people can access the software.

2 years ago

The AhaSlides team is always striving to satisfy you, our valuable customer! Knowing that you enjoy our product is a delight, so thank you once again. Regarding offline mode for AhaSlides, we might a take a look into SMS voting in the future, so that internet connection won't be a necessity. Thank you so much for the valuable insight!

Faridatul akmal
Senior executive in Malaysia
Banking, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Beat digital platform

Comments: Very interactive digital platform to stimulate discussion and it minimize our admin function to cater manual note as participants can provided their response online

Pros:

It catered almost of all our requirement for fun presentation

Cons:

Powerpoint slides converted into image and no animation available for make it as fun slide

last year

We're pleased to hear you had a good experience. We work very hard to bring customer satisfaction and enjoyment. We will take your suggestion about PowerPoint integration into consideration, thanks for that as well. Cheers!

Jamie
CIO in UK
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Used for Department Quiz

Comments: Good overall. Intuitive, but could be better in this area. Easy for users to engage with.

Pros:

Easy to use from an end-user perspective and as an admin.

Cons:

Could have more features. Pictures for example are constrained in size and to a certain aspect ratio. Admin wise, was difficult to setup a picture question.

last year

Thank you for your kind words. The ease of use of AhaSlides has been one of our top priorities, so knowing that it helps you is great news for us. Regarding the picture question, you can use our 'Image Choice' slide for general questions or the 'Pick Image' slide for quiz questions. Cheers!

Alison
Talent and Culture Lead in US
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees

Works Well

Pros:

I find it pretty straightforward to use, and my team really enjoys the mini-slides that we present.

Cons:

I wish it was easier to have a standing link and also to not let people into the slides until the meeting starts (like a waiting room)

2 years ago

Thank you for your kind comment! The ease of use of AhaSlides has been one of our top priorities, so knowing that it helps you is great news for us. Allowing access permission to the presentation is a great idea! We will have plans for that in the near future, stay tuned!

Angie
Beach Volleyball Caoch in Canada
Sports, 11-50 Employees

Great engagement and opportunity for creativity

Comments: Amazing. Absolutely love the software. Again the usability was really straight forward.

Pros:

Appreciate the ease of use, was able to get something together very quickly. Lots of opportunity to come up with creative ways to use the software.

Cons:

It would be nice to have more opportunity to integrate with Powerpoint. Current solution is doable with images. I can imagine this would be tough to do, but is one limitation I see when trying to decide on or the other.

last year

Thank you for sharing this with us and the community! The ease of use of AhaSlides has been one of our top priorities, so knowing that it helps you is great news for us. We will take your suggestion about PowerPoint integration into consideration, thanks for that as well. Cheers!

Andrew
Analyst in US
Consumer Goods, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Afforable, Reliable, and Highly Interactive

Comments: It was the star of our company presentation, and I have recommended others to use it in order to host fun and interactive trivia nights, on a personal level.

Pros:

I enjoyed the ease of creating a presentation, the ease of use for the participants, and how affordable it is compared to competing software.

Cons:

Perhaps adding a photo to a presentation is difficult. It would be nice to be able to take a screenshot, and then copy/paste, rather than needing to save the file first.

2 years ago

We are glad to hear that you enjoy AhaSlides! We try to make AhaSlides as easy and affordable to use as we can. Regarding the adding of photos, we will consider an easier method to add photo to your slides. Stay tuned!

COO in Ireland
Facilities Services, Self Employed

Held off a big quiz until I found the perfectly priced software

Comments: Very hapy and the 140 people on the quiz loved it

Pros:

Price ease of use simplicity no cheating feature

Cons:

I think if it had a host video feature it would be amazing I tried to stream live with Instagram and Facebook using eCamm and the best time difference I got was 9 seconds. I then used youtube and eCam and got 3, not perfect but helped.

2 years ago

We are glad that you like AhaSlides. One of our top priority is the ease of use to our user, so thank you for your kind words. The livestreaming delay is something we need to take a look at, thanks for bringing it up! We highly value our customers inquiries, so thank you once again!

Clare
Strategy Engagement Manager in Australia
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,000+ Employees

Love the tool, would like to see more features

Comments: Loving it. We are currently working remotely and going through an organisational restructure. It's a great tool to connect virtually and it allows us to easily access feedback at a large scale. It is interactive and engaging and people like using it.

Pros:

It's extremely easy to use, from both sides as a user and administrator. Interactive tool to get feedback and input from large numbers.

Cons:

You can't have multiple people linked to one account. There could be more options available.

last year

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience, our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. The Team Management function is now available on AhaSlides. And you can also invite your team member to edit your presentation. We are upgrading AhaSlides as we speak, so more functions will be added in the near future. Cheers!

Amar
Lead Build Quality In Pricess in India
Mining & Metals, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Aha Slides is best in it's class

Comments: Overaly I am very satisfied with the software.

Pros:

I like the product very much because of ease of use, the flexibility of type of prrsentation what can be made through it and ofcourse because of its cost effectiveness.

Cons:

Open ended question and quiz if I put in same presentation and quiz questions are after open ended questions then also ooen ended question response get mapped against the name of the participants, once tbey put their name for Quiz Contest.

2 years ago

We're pleased to hear you had a good experience. We work very hard to bring customer sastisfaction and enjoyment. Regarding the open ended question type, you can hide the answerer's identity in the open-ended slide to keep everything anonymous. We are upgrading AhaSlides as we speak, so more functions will be added in the near future. Cheers!