Filter by:

• Overall

About Jira

With 15+ years in the agile space, Jira offers teams the top tools and best practices to provide the right foundation for growth.

Learn more about Jira

Showing 10,748 reviews

Cristian B.
Cristian B.
Sr Software Development Manager
Semiconductors, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2019

"Jira for bug tracking and project management"

Comments: I highly recommend Jira for a bug tracking tool and especially for Agile software teams. For us it has really made a difference in terms of: team collaboration, Agile methodology adoption, decreased time to market of new projects/new features and on the overall teams' spirit. We have seen a wide adoption for the other departments as well, non software development.

Pros: We used several bug tracking tools in the past but Jira is by far the best one. What I like most:
- user friendly interface, provides a nice user experience
- Agile SCRUM/Kanban support out of the box
- extremely configurable on almost everything
- extendable through custom scripting, either built-in or via addons
- very collaborative
- there are thousands of addons in the marketplace; you can even write your own

Cons: Being so flexible to be configured, the learning curve for admins is a little steep.
The price is based on the number of users and if you experience wide user adoption in a big company, you end up in paying more for upgrading to the next tier, than if you would pay for that tier first time.

• Reviewed on 18/07/2019
Angelo L.
Angelo L.
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2021

"Jira: best software for Scrum and Agile Management"

Comments: I´m using scrum and interating continously to achieve expected outcomes developing software.

Pros: I like the most the integrations available (Bitbucket, Slack, etc) and how customizable the software is. You can define which detail to include in any new created task, project, etc.

Cons: I liked least the format used for uploading files. With this purpose Jira works together with conduent in a "Pages" format but I would prefer a File Management System based on folders.

Alternatives Considered: Trello

Reasons for Choosing Jira: I was looking for a software with more tools alligned with software development processes and tools

Switched From: Teamwork

Reasons for Switching to Jira: Jira is the most complete SaaS option available in the market for software development team. Their format help teams to adopt scrum.

• Reviewed on 18/08/2021
Dushyant P.
Dushyant P.
Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2021

"Minimalist, easy to use, feature rich and easily integrable"

Comments: JIRA is very useful for collaborating on projects across large teams . It is constantly evolving to accommodate new features, works well for various team sizes, ensures minimalism, and makes sure updates are not missed

Pros: Jira is a defacto project management tool in most companies, given its agile oriented layouts of Kanban, and recently introduced Gantt and Timeline views. Task assignation, subtasks, stories, time estimation are easy and even new hires can easily onboard and use it effectively. My favorite was its super clean sync with Slack and its fast alert system, so that any assigned tasks, deadlines and updates would never get missed, even with my team working across different time zones.

Cons: JIRA has numerous free alternatives, and tbh, I find it slightly overpriced in a competitive market. While my company pays for the official tool that we use, I am usually unable to use JIRA for my personal projects since the free tier limits are very small. I really think JIRA should create a personal project plan that would allow access to some of their services for free/much more reduced cost.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2021
Developer
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/06/2021

"Jira - Worth It"

Comments: Overall this is a great product that I would recommend for small and perhaps larger teams, it has worked well for us to minimize the inbound flow of support requests (or at least provide a single channel) and during the COVID-19 outbreak has helped substantially in keeping track of issues from remote users who can't "tap" you on the shoulder.

Pros: I think Jira is great that it allows us to build workflows for our support team, as well as for use as a project management system when planning out software development timelines and estimates. This tool has really reshaped the way we look at IT, and provides the metrics and analytic information to back us up.

Cons: The learning curve is pretty steep with Jira, getting into some of its more advanced functionality like integrating with other software and initially setting things up takes some time. As well, the Confluence pages have great amounts of features, but the formatting is a little awkward on the web interface.

Alternatives Considered: Asana

Reasons for Switching to Jira: Asana was great for its looks, but lacking in functionality and reporting.

• Reviewed on 30/06/2021
Aaron R.
Aaron R.
Director, Finance
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2021

"The best option available, and a great value"

Pros: This software is so great, that you really don't need to train people on how to use it. Project managers will be familiar within a day, and users will understand it quickly because Atlassian put a lot of work into an intuitive user interface. This is the best option on the market if you want something that scales across your company without draining your energy. Not only will you run projects through here, but you can also setup all your standard business processes to run through here. Using the marketplace, there are some great extensions for Jira. We built our entire accounting team into Jira, and used it to know we were following through with our key daily, weekly, monthly processes. Using a scheduler plugin, we were able to create tasks, with subtasks, delegate them, follow up with progress, and print a custom summary report at month end outlining completion, completion date, user, and notes.

Cons: You will likely want confluence or google sheets to keep overall big picture notes.

Alternatives Considered: Basecamp, Asana and Airtable

Switched From: Smartsheet

Reasons for Switching to Jira: All the features you need already exist. It's mature, but fully cloud, and feels fully cloud.

• Reviewed on 19/04/2021
Bram B.
Enterprise Architect
Automotive, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2020

"Bram's Jira review"

Comments: Overall, the product is great to use. If your company invests in it then as a user, you should can count yourself lucky.
When you are responsible of running and purchasing the product and are dealing with organizational constraints, Atlassian Jira might not be so user friendly anymore. That's a petty, as it's in contrast with the user friendly image Atlassian Jira has with the many users.

Pros: The ease of use is such a timesaver. Also the many integrations with other attlassian products is great, it really saves a lot of time and it's a great as documentation.
Jira is the reference for software development team, and with good reason1

Cons: It can be costly and there are nasty sides on the licensing.
For example, you can't use plugins for a limited number of users, and only pay for that the number of users. Although in some cases I can understand, in some other cases it makes no sense and it's really a barrier.
An other nasty side we experienced is the lost of investment when upgrading during a license term. We bought a license for 2 years, without any discount wrt the 1 year license deal. Within the year, we already needed to extend the number of licensed users so we had to upgrade the license. We then had no way to recover a part of the investment of the remaining time of the initial license ... never buy more than 1 year!
One last BIG negative is the recent forced move to cloud. We have always ran Jira and Atlassian products on prem. A recent decision by Atlassian is forcing the user away from the current on prem solution. This is simply not what we want or can. I'm sure this will be an issues with several European organizations where the move to cloud wrt GDRP is not that easy or not a company priority.

Alternatives Considered: ServiceNow

Reasons for Switching to Jira: Jira has better integration with other development tooling and is much more user friendly from UX point of view.

• Reviewed on 16/11/2020
Fergus M.
General Manager
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2020

"Disappointing attitude!"

Comments: Hugely disappointing attitude. The money they were looking for after 3 months was quite reasonable but the attitude of the customer support agent and the extremly deceitful and dishonest way that they promote this plan was a huge turn-off.

Pros: Seems like a very good software, is very powerful and is reasonably easy to use.

Cons: We found it through our Trello account, after Atlassian took over Trello. We were using another service desk software but noticed that Jira Service Desk could offer all the features we needed, and all for free! Or so we thought! The plan we chose is for small teams (which we are) and is advertised (still to this date) as "Always free for 3 agents". "Free" is further highlighted at the top of the Plans & Pricing page and a large "$0" is displayed. Well, it took some time to get it set up and to import our tickets (this is not easy and we needed support which was quite difficult to get). Once we got set up, it took some time to learn about it (no phone support on free plan!) and we devoted many hours to this. And all was well for about 2-3 months......then we receive an email to say that payment is due! And that our account would be cancelled if we don't pay! What? We contacted Jira, only to be told that we are on a temporary free plan, like a free trial, and that payment is due after 3 months I believe it was. We explained about the "free" plan that we signed up to but the Jira support member just reiterated her point and was quote blunt and unhelpful. We went back to check out the "Plans and Pricing" table on the Atlassian website, thinking we obviously missed the small print. But we didn't!!! They were still brazenly advertising "$0" and "Always free for 3 agents" and there is no mention of a free trial , anywhere on this page at all!!

Alternatives Considered: Zoho Desk

Reasons for Choosing Jira: Price

Switched From: Zendesk

Reasons for Switching to Jira: Price and the solid experience we had with Trello (although of course Trello was another company for most of this time and had only recently been acquired by Atlassian.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2020
Business Process Optimization Engineer
Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2020

"Great all-around tool for Agile project management and software development!"

Comments: My overall experience with Jira has been great so far. There is a lot more to learn and Jira provides that opportunity to create the best experience for me and my colleagues. They do keep introducing new features and facilitate an active community to gather feedback and actually act on it. Jira has definitely added a lot of value in how we do project management and software development at my company. It has his flaws but it still works out to be the best tool for us to accomplish the purpose at hand this far. I'm sure it will only get better from me and we can get the utmost value from Jira in the long run.

Pros: First of all, this product offered a free trial to experience the features first-hand without any strings attached. It was great to have the ability to go and play in a sandbox environment and carefully evaluate what it can and cannot do for me and how it can add value to my organization. Set up and gaining access was easy and quick. The different permissioning levels make sense to stay organized and maintain accurate information. Some of the features I liked the most was having a great UI for exploring and learning without much training. I was personally tasked with setting up a couple of projects and the respective boards for my teams and I was able to do that in a pretty self-serve way. The design is minimalistic and doesn't feel overwhelming, it is clean and navigable. Easily creating backlogs, sprints and administering those are also my favorite features because it makes it so easy to implement an Agile project management and software development culture. The categories of initiatives, epics, stories, tasks etc. align very well with the Agile methodologies in following the same hierarchy. I love being able to get a quick summary view of the tasks before diving deep into the details. Assigning owners, labeling, story points to track work effort needed, description fields, attachments, comments and seamless integrations with other products make it all the more user-friendly. Kanban Board views in Active Sprints tabs provides a clearly easy to understand view of progress.

Cons: Managing boards within each project is the first that comes to mind. Jira does not offer a standard naming convention for the projects and boards and this can cause some major confusion. I have hard coding this manually and training people to do the same to ensure consistency. If you attached Lucidchart diagrams or embed other important document within tasks or epics, they don't update in real-time or even with refresh which is frustrating. This runs the risk of people getting outdated information which can misinform their actions. The search functionality within Jira is also something that I like the least. It does not return optimal results or even close to optimal results. Sometimes it does not search for metadata and you have to remember the actual word you're searching for to track down a task. It returns an overwhelming amount of results and the filtering or sorting options available are confusing and hard to understand. Another limitation is that even though one project can have multiple boards within, it can only have the one same backlog of items which does not make sense to me. There also cannot be multiple sprints running across different boards and all of this makes me wonder what the actual difference between projects and boards are. Jira also lacks some automation in moving tasks to different statuses upon completion. The workflows are suboptimal and don't work as intended most times. The reporting capabilities within Jira are also quite weak in my opinion.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2020
Feyisayo E.
Freelancer
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2020

"Team Project Collaboration is easy with JIRA by atlassian"

Comments: My JIRA by atlassian experience has been good. It makes our project management great.

Pros: 1. As a member of a Scrum team, I use JIRA by atlassian everyday and it makes it easy to collaborate.
2. JIRA by atlassian makes team collaboration easy especially when we are working on a common project.
3. One more think I like about JIRA is that it makes tracking my team's work flow easy like ABC
4. JIRA by atlassian is affordable compared to competitors in the same industry.

Cons: The customer support is not very responsive. I wish they would improve their customer support services.

Alternatives Considered: Workzone

Reasons for Choosing Jira: StoriesonBoard is expensive compared to JIRA by atlassian.

Switched From: StoriesOnBoard

Reasons for Switching to Jira: JIRA by atlassian is cheaper and more reach with features.

• Reviewed on 09/07/2020
Adam F.
Chief Information Officer
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/05/2020

"Jira software gives structure to our teams' progress"

Comments: I've been using Jira for around 10 years. It has the most robust Item profile, item searching with saved searches, workflows with form field dialogs, alerts, charts, etc.

Pros: We use Jira to manage our teams' agile sprints. It makes it very easy to track and document stories and tasks that need to be done. Whenever a new task comes in, it is easy to put it in the backlog to make sure we don't forget about it. Then in sprint planning Jira helps us organize and prioritize our outstanding items into our next sprint. As any changes happen (new items, progress through the workflow, etc.) we are alerted and can easily follow the progress. It's easy to see what other people on the team and on other teams are working on.

Cons: It's still relatively clunky to quickly add a task, either on the website or on the mobile app. It would be nice if most of the common settings could default so 5-6 fields that are almost always the same don't have to be filled out with every new item. Default to the project, current sprint, story or task, assignee, etc.

Alternatives Considered: Asana and Trello

Reasons for Switching to Jira: JIRA had more robust functionality all around.

• Reviewed on 13/05/2020
Ryan R.
Software Development Manageer
Retail, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2020

"Extremely capable project management platform, but almost too flexible"

Comments: Overall, it's been a great experience - but that was largely because we understood our own limitations, and kept our customization of the platform to a minimum.

Pros: Jira offers great flexibility: it can be adapted to any custom workflow, and readily supports custom fields/attributes. Also has fantastic API support for external integrations.

Cons: Jira's flexibility is also its achilles' heal. It's relatively easy to create workflows that aren't intuitive, or worse, leave users in "dead end" states that require admin assistance. Further, their implementation of Agile tools is still a bit awkward (probably because they acquired a 3rd-party set of plugins, and didn't really make the corresponding fields native). Finally, Jira's pricing represents a slippery slope - you can get started relatively inexpensively, but adding on options here and there rapidly adds up, and can make alternatives more price-effective.

Alternatives Considered: Breeze, Pivotal Tracker, Asana and Rally Platform

Reasons for Choosing Jira: High cost, facing even higher costs to make it really usable

Switched From: VersionOne

Reasons for Switching to Jira: API integrations with other tools in our software development lifecycle

• Reviewed on 11/02/2020
Program Manager
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2019

"Makes most sense for software projects and products."

Comments: JIRA is our source of truth for what is inside, coming out and ready to go next in, in our engineering pipeline is. There isn't a better tool out there even for miles and once you are cosy with JIRA, you can't really make do with another tool.

Pros: 1) Releases/Versions:
Releases allow us to work in parallel on multiple efforts with the same team.
2) Parallel Sprints:
Same as releases, we are a lean team and we have to work on Product features and polish/bug fixes simultaneously.
3) Custom Filters: I like these the most!

Cons: They have taken out small pieces of functionality and made them separate products. These products are now paid and for those small pieces of functionality, you have to make extra purchases. e.g. Pages

Alternatives Considered: Asana, Trello and GitHub

Reasons for Switching to Jira: JIRA is complete suite for base requirements for development. If you are using Bitbucket for holding your repos then it makes the most sense as well. Atlassian has done a great job with a niche market of software in mind and even though it may seem like an overkill to use it for projects outside the engineering, it is still the best choice for engineering.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2019
Steve M.
Steve M.
Dir. of Dig. Marketing
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2019

"If you tried it before and got confused, it's way easier now"

Comments: We did an extensive search and ended up with JIRA for project management for my team and for our cross-department projects. We've been using it now with our marketing team for several months, and I had previously used it with product teams (developers), and the overall experience is that it provides the best PM experience for our team of all the options out there.

Pros: They've managed to provide easy to use projects, next-gen, that have most of the power but are SUPER easy to use. We love the new Kanban boards and the ability to turn off features and hide complexity wherever needed.

Cons: The next-gen projects are moving fast, but it feels like at this point you have to choose *either* power *or* ease of use. Classic projects (power) or next-gen (easy) are competing, so I'm hoping they will be able to eventually provide all the power in the easy next-gen projects.

Alternatives Considered: Asana and Trello

Reasons for Choosing Jira: Get a better overall experience and value (Asana was getting super expensive!)

Switched From: Asana

Reasons for Switching to Jira: JIRA was the best combination of price and features.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2019
Patrick B.
Business Analyst
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2019

"JIRA is a Great Tool - for the Right Teams"

Pros: The best part about JIRA is how visual the UI is. It is incredibly easy to track down and track through different tasks and sprints without having the hassle of digging through a 90s-style ticket system. My other absolute favorite thing about JIRA is the simple ability to tag individual users basically anywhere. This saves an incredible amount of time due to the way in which notifications are handled in and outside of the system. Collaboration is beyond easy with JIRA.

Cons: Many of the most important features are being deprecated over time, and the customer service component of the software seems ineffective at best. Some of the best features have been removed and the highest priorities on their roadmap aren't those that would severely increase users' quality of life. I think this is part of a growing process that the company is going through, but it does cause some heartache on the regular to think that our business desires aren't being met - even through months of users requesting the simplest of features.

Alternatives Considered: Redmine and Trello

Switched From: Redmine and Trello

Reasons for Switching to Jira: JIRA had a much more robust interface than the other options we were looking into, and overall it was the visual aspects of JIRA that won out over the others.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2019
Janosch F.
Janosch F.
Human Resources Consultant
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2018

"Flexible, powerful, simple to use and grows as you go"

Comments: Jira surprised me as coming across simple yet being incredibly powerful and versatile. It is a full blown Ticket and workflow management tool and it might be too much for small or personal projects. However, not being required to change the ticket system when the company or the team scales or are faced with types of tasks you did not expect is simply fantastic. Keeping software simple, easy to use yet increase its versatility and power is a virtue and Jira is build upon this virtue with care and vision

Pros: Jira is clean and it is simple yet powerful. You can use it for your basic ticket workflows from the get go and expand as you grow or the tasks you wisch to cover branch out. It is easy to customize the ticket views to contain the information you want to use and avoid cluttering. The Workflow editor is one of the most powerful I came across in all my professional career. It might not seem so much of an importance but believe me, when your business grows unexpected necessities will arise and you will suddenly be required to track tasks you never though about. Jira will have you covered and allow you to add different task types which traverse task-type specific phases and have corresponding stati. Also you have all the world of notification and responsibility tracking ping-pong covered as you go. Two further things are woth mentioning: First the Atlassian World (the Wiki Confluence and build system Bamboo and many other products) integrate flawlessly and it actually really makes using them fun. Jira is one of the tools, that make you smile when you are required to use it no matter the task to track, its jus smooth, convenient and above and beyond provides a rich ecosystem for free and commercial plugins even for rather exotic use cases.
Also, the license Model behind it scales fantastically. When we introduced it we were a small company with 8 people (we are now going strong towards the 200) and it was critical to keep cost for our tools reasonable. Jira got us covered.

Cons: When we scaled, the License was not as flexible in higher user tiers as it was in the lower ones. Also once upon a time an update went wrong and we had to invest a bucketload of time and brain power to get everything back up to speed. We did run jira on premise and hat some custom plugins so there might be some of the tripwires: In case you use plugins they must be available in the version you wish to upgrade to and this might require some research prior to updates. Also, you can make a science out of the workflow and notification configuration. In case it is not documented well when you do it it might get you into trouble.

• Reviewed on 24/11/2018
Rahul Y.
Rahul Y.
Business Analyst L1
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/10/2018

"Business analyst - Awesome tool - Software administration"

Comments: It's been a great experience using this tool for me

Pros: As a business analyst, I have been using Jira for last 3 years and I think it's the best software management tool around. I have found it really helpful when it comes to providing upgrades to the projector to administer a project in development stages. It's all in one package. It has the board where you can re-protize your user stories in backlog by shuffling through pick and drop feature for the development team through tasks as well as can prioritize issues reported by the customer. You can write the user stories and just need to manage on the board. You just need to monitor the board to track the progress of the critical item and estimate overall progress. Workflow templates are available that can be selected to select the process a team wishes to follow or a path to take to address the release or apply patches on customer system. You can add the workflow by create one in the system and add the additional steps like unit testing, system testing etc as per the team. Another helpful feature that I love about this tool is that I allows integration with multiple other tools that makes it even better. Overall I think it's a remarkable tool that is making the software handling experience easy and simple.

Cons: The only thing that I hate about this tool from atlastian is that it have a lot of the patches applied and part of constant changes. We need to scratch for sometime when configuration have to be modified or any existing thing changed. It takes for a while to get your hand adjusted on the system but when are down it's always good experience using it

• Reviewed on 04/10/2018
Manager Solutions Analytics / Lead Database Developer
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/06/2018

"I have used Jira both as part of a team of developers and also as a Project Manager managing a team."

Comments: Jira helped us to more easily manage multiple teams of software developers and gather feedback from end users for several large applications that we were developing which were at various stages of completion and usability. We were able to use our available resources in a much more optimal and seamless manner, which helped us to complete projects and resolve issues more quickly, easily track the status of specific tasks across multiple projects/teams and monitor productivity at various levels. Ultimately, this allowed us to both reduce development costs and complete our projects more quickly which in-turn increased our business revenue.

Pros: Jira is a very powerful tool for managing teams of software developers working on one, or even multiple projects simultaneously. It is very robust and feature-rich, with features such as setting up/managing individual tasks, coordinating development efforts across tasks/developers to maximize team productivity, managing/tracking issues & bugs, gathering feedback from non-technical users via Jira user stories and managing project backlogs. There in also embedded support for Scrum & Kanban boards, although I haven't personally worked with those features. The custom workflows allow users to setup and manage their projects & teams according to the needs of their business and their preferred software development framework and management style. Jira is a very comprehensive, all-in-one tool for managing smaller teams of only a few people, all the way up to very large teams of 100+ stakeholders.

Cons: Given the robust features and functions that Jira supports, there's a lot of depth and breadth to the software, so it can be somewhat complex and confusing to newer users, especially those who haven't worked much with project management tools previously. For project managers who are leading multiple teams simultaneously, things can get a bit overwhelming because the email notifications and project alerts can quickly start to become excessive, and there's no way to consolidate notifications across projects/teams.

• Reviewed on 14/06/2018
Zach S.
Zach S.
Senior Software Engineer - Ecommerce
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2019

"The best at what it does"

Comments: JIRA has helped us to organize our projects and keep them organized. Combined with the other atlassian products, we've streamlined how we document our work and stay organized. It's allowed us to do a variety of projects with different project management methodologies and workflows all within one software platform. It's also allowed a great deal of transparency into the development process for management which has greatly reduced the workload on project managers by automating some of the report generation necessary to show progress. JIRA isn't perfect, but it's by far the best project management software I've worked with.

Pros: JIRA is ticketing and workflow management software. The things I like most about JIRA are how customizable workflows are, the availability of additional third party plugins, and how well it integrates with other atlassian products. The integration with other atlassian products improves our workflow significantly in IT and development, it allows us to link git commits through FishEye and documentation pages through Confluence to every JIRA issue. JIRA's customized workflows also help us stay accountable to eachother. Because the workflows have specific permissions and assignees built into steps in what we do they help insure that the right person does the right thing at the right time. I don't think we could work without JIRA or something similar.

Cons: The software has gotten progressively slower over the last few revisions. That's my only complaint. The first load of JIRA in the mornings especially seems slow (About 20 seconds in the browser).

• Reviewed on 09/01/2019
Ximena D.
Ximena D.
RPA DEVELOPER
  • Reviewed on 08/04/2020

"JIRA THE SOFTWARE THAT IMPLEMENT AGILE METHODOLOGY"

Comments: my experience with jira to the present day is due day by day, thanks to jira we have been able to solve time and deliverables problems since previously there was no control of the assignments and deliverables of the tasks that were to be carried out or that were being carried out . Today with jira it no longer happens since with this tool, when the agile method is implemented, we have been able to reduce all these problems considerably and in turn we have been able to supervise the tasks assigned to each of the team members, as well as its status, its process. or evidence of the problems that you have presented during the development, that topic is another very important one that allows you to pause the task as soon as they have problems and, above all, have evidence of the error

Pros: Jira helps us to manage the tasks that correspond to each member of the team day by day to implement the agile methodology since as soon as a task begins with it, we do not wait for the completion of this task to start, on the contrary, doing tasks according to your assignment. Through this tool we will be able to observe the progress of the tasks assigned to each one and we will even be able to learn more information to have the evidence of what is being worked on.

Cons: It is difficult to mention any defect that we can find to jira since, as I have mentioned before, it is useful for the implementation of the agile methodology. In addition to the moment that you give a status of your development, jira sends notification to the people assigned to this task or to the supervisors in this way the progress can be observed. In particular, I do not find anything displeasing to Jira or something that he lacks. I think he has everything essential to fulfill his objective.

• Reviewed on 08/04/2020
QA director
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2020

"Only with experts"

Comments: JIRA can be a great tool to run and manage the overall teams within tech company.
The problem that you must bring an expert in order to customize it per company needs and flow and cannot be done by a simple person, IT

Pros: Complete ALM software
Can fill all company needs in order to manage the work
nice reports

Cons: You must bring an expert to customize it for your company
QA is still an issue that needs to improve

Alternatives Considered: Orcanos

Reasons for Choosing Jira: Pricing and better tool

Switched From: Orcanos

Reasons for Switching to Jira: We ran a test between the 3 and what we liked most was Jira and pricing was better

• Reviewed on 12/03/2020
Technical Lead
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2021

"Good issue tracking platform"

Comments: Overall jira is a really helpful tool to measure progress and management of any project. It has a nice and user-friendly interface for on-premise as well as for jira cloud. It increases productivity of the organization and should definitely be used for better implementation of any project.

Pros: Jira is a useful tool and is widely used in many organisations. Some of the benefits that I found useful are listed below:
1.It helps in tracking a number of tasks whether it is a new feature, an issue or bug or anything that requires some kind of tracking.
2. It is highly scalable and provide features to have different kinds of workflows for tracking.
3. It is easy to use and user-friendly and is widely used by business owners and managers to keep track of the project's overall status.
4. It provides time logging as well which is useful to identify the time spent on an issue or user story.
5. It can be integrated with the third-party tools as well and provides a number of add-ons.
6. It helps in speedy delivery of the projects.

Cons: I have found that sometimes it is hard to install add-ons or integrate jira with other tools from a developer's perspective. Most of the times administrator privileges are required for such tasks and jira provides no information about the admin to contact. So, such processes are time-consuming.
Jira provides an API for issue management, however, the API has limited set of features and has scope for more rich features.

• Reviewed on 24/02/2021
Christopher B.
Christopher B.
Freelance Web and Software Developer
  • Reviewed on 25/03/2019

"Great for users, hard on administrators"

Pros: I use Jira products both as a user and as an administrator. As a user, I find it very straightforward. I like how easy it is to do things like update my tasks, see the team's work, add files to items and connect between the various tools like Stride and Confluence. As an admin, there is a lot of customization I can do regarding workflow. My team has changed as we've grown and fleshed out both our development and QA process, so having that flexibility to modify the Jira workflow has been incredibly helpful. I also like the fact that Jira integrates with virtually every other major piece of software, such as Slack.

Cons: Most of my complaints with Jira software comes from the admin side. Because it has so much customization, it's often hard to know where something is or how you need to modify it in order to customize it. The documentation leaves a lot to be desired, and searching the web usually takes you to outdated documentation or a community forum post. Between the two, I usually can find what I need. Generally, the biggest gap between documentation and what I'm doing is that the UI has been updated and things moved around. The actual information is solid, but entire menu items have disappeared or been renamed. Oftentimes, I think I have found what I need and roll the dice and check this box or press that button, and it works. I've never run into anything that couldn't be immediately undone.

• Reviewed on 25/03/2019
Tom E.
Tom E.
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2019

"Couldn't live without it!"

Comments: It's been fantastic. We will remain customers for a very long time!

Pros: JIRA is amazing. It helps our team stay organized and helps us deliver projects on time. We use about 10% of the features, but it is still worth the money we pay.

Cons: The admin screens are very difficult to navigate. Also, the permissions settings are so complex that I have to relearn how to do it each time a new user joins.

Alternatives Considered: Trello

Reasons for Choosing Jira: Trello is too unstructured. We like the structure of JIRA.

Switched From: Trello

• Reviewed on 11/11/2019
Gus S.
  • Reviewed on 05/08/2019

"JIRA Revioew"

Comments: Great tool. Integrates into our tech stack and allows us to move through our development process quicker.

Pros: Manages all of our tasks and makes it easy for our members to view.

Cons: Would like to see a bit better UI and design. Seems dated.

Alternatives Considered: VersionOne

Reasons for Choosing Jira: Needed more transparency with our tasks. Onboarding new developers were more likely to use JIRA so we didn't have to train them on any additional software services.

Switched From: monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Jira: Much better integrations and seemed more stable.

• Reviewed on 05/08/2019
Muhammad adil M.
Muhammad adil M.
Technical Analyst
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/07/2021

"Jira"

Comments: one of the best project management tool in industry. Dashboard is easy to navigate and configurable. There are lots of reports to monitor and manage your tasks. Large organization or corporate industry must have tool for their day to day tasks and helps implementation of projects and track them.

Pros: Very helpful software to manage projects or task, assign them to teams and you can set many more parameters. It is very easy to set time duration and align resources, manage users for each tasks or multiple work. Different teams and department can use it with their own schedule or work of flow. Interaction of Jira with other software is easily managed.

Cons: Documentation or help is bit tricky some times. Not very easy for novice but once you are on it then very easy to operate and manage. It has too many features in it which is really helpful but also sometimes confusing that which one to use.

• Reviewed on 04/07/2021