15 years helping British businesses

About GoToMyPC

Web-based remote access solution that makes it simple and secure to access your computer from anywhere.

Learn more about GoToMyPC

Pros:

Quick to deploy and ease of for end user. Our staff find their connected computer just a fast as our inhouse system.

Cons:

The application is slow and laggy even with high-speed internet on both ends (local and connected computer). This makes working remotely very frustrating.

GoToMyPC ratings

4.9
4.6
4.8
4.3

9.0/10

GoToMyPC has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 531 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used GoToMyPC before?

Principle Consultant in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Secure and responsible, cost-effective when compared to TeamViewer

Pros:

For a remote desktop product, GoToMyPC is a secure, responsive, and feature-rich product, allowing me to work as productively as if I were sitting at my multiple monitor setup at the remote office. GoToMyPC has all the features I need to work remotely and is less expensive that TeamViewer, which continues to raise their prices every year and squeeze out the small business.

Cons:

Price for one PC has gone up, but it is still affordable for now.

President in US
Events Services, 2–10 Employees

GoToMyPC is a huge asset to my work routine.

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I have been using GoToMyPC for well over 10 years. I feel it is a great application. No matter where I am I can log into my desk PC and my 3 monitors just as if I am sitting in my office. As long as I have a basic internet connection in both locations I can work uninterrupted for hours if need be. I can be at home, at a client, the airport, at sea, anywhere. I can log in to my desk from my iPhone if I need to in a pinch. My 3 screens will be small but I can easily zoom in where I need to see. Jumping from screen to screen is easy. It is no difference than being at my desk except my busy office does not distract me. It’s a good option when I have an important project that I prefer to finish away from the office. Over the years it has been a huge asset for me and I would recommend it to any frequent computer user that can benefit from remote access to their office or home computer.

Pros:

Simple to use and log in. good support when needed which is infrequently. Reliable and consistent function. Only a basic wired or wireless connection is needed.

Cons:

Prices took a large jump few years ago, but they eventually dropped back down to a reasonable level. Discounts were offered to me by their sales team.

Alex
System Analysis in Canada
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Past its prime

Comments: It enabled our users to access their computers remotely, but it is a very no frills experience and feels archaic compared to the competition while being sold for a similar price. It is clear that this is simply legacy software that GoTo offers to those that haven't thought to test the market.

Pros:

At the end of the day GoToMyPC will allow you to access a PC remotely, so it does accomplish what it sets out to do.

Cons:

I have tested and used various remote desktop software and GoToMyPC is probably the most basic and feature poor of them all. The entire thing feels like it hasn't been in active development in at least 10 years. Lacks the ability to open remote monitors in their own windows is a huge missing feature that any modern remote desktop software should be embarrassed to lack and was the number 1 complaint from my users.

Debbie
owner in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Great product

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I love this program. I use to get home after 8pm from work because I had to stay after closing to do paperwork, type reports, update our point of sale programs and balance books. Now I can do it all in the privacy of my home, eat dinner with my family and do the work with no interruptions. Printing at home is a time save as well.

Pros:

..ease of use ..ease of setup even when I need to get a new computer ..ease of printing at home from office desktop ..being able to 90% of paperwork at home so I can spend time selling when on the retail floor.

Cons:

nothing con after 10+ years of using this.

Thomas
VP of Sales in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Using GoToMyPC for online software demonstrations

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Ease of use. I have been using GoToMyPC for over 10 years and have had no reason to look for an alternative product. It has been reliable and has provided me with all I need for the on-line software demonstrations I conduct on a daily basis.

Cons:

I do not have any complaints or need for additional features based on my needs.

Sylvia
Printing, 2–10 Employees

Invaluable for Productive Workflow

5.0 last month New

Comments: I love this software, have used for many years and will continue to use

Pros:

Easy setup, multiple computers, multiple monitors, great for remote desktop access and/or providing remote support

Cons:

Pricing a bit high in my opinion (for multiple computers) however ease of use and familiarity with the product makes it worth it for me

Joe
Managing Director in Australia
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Go to My PC reveiw

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I have been using it for many years and something I won't be without. Great program.

Pros:

Easy to use, quick, can be used from any device. Its fast and like you are sitting in front of your pc.

Cons:

The current pricing. It was well priced until the last couple of years where the price has increased considerably.

Marsha
owner accounting in US
Automotive, 2–10 Employees

IF YOU LIKE EASY INVEST IN GOTOMYPC

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: We have been using over 20 years. I would term that as a satisfied customer.

Pros:

My accountant set it up for our company. It is very user friendly. Great for small business.

Cons:

We have no dislikes on the system. I did take a class years ago.

gavin
VP in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

I am a customer for 10+ years

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: 10 Stars we switched one time and it was a nightmare

Pros:

We never have issues with this product. very reliable

Cons:

It is more expensive than other competitors but we glady pay the higherprice becaus of its reliability

Barry
Fine Art, 2–10 Employees

Great Product

5.0 last month New

Comments: As previously stated I have used it for over 10 years and it is easy to use.

Pros:

Very easy to setup and use for my application.

Cons:

The cost has risen over the years. I have used it for over 10 years

Partner in Canada
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

The best for remote access

Comments: I've used quite a few other remote desktop programs, but for ease of use, and features, I haven't found anything as good as GoToMyPC. It has all the features that I need, such as remote printing, screen blanking and dual monitor support. I can also use it wherever I need, and don't have to worry about purchasing a bunch of licenses if I need to use different PC's to access my work computer.

Pros:

It's extremely reliable and easy to use. The fact that I can use it anywhere with any PC is exactly what I need.

Cons:

Occasionally, especially with software that converts to a PDF before printing, it can take longer than I would like for the print to start printing.

Stephen
Attorney in US
Law Practice, 2–10 Employees

Go to my PC is the best that I have tried

Pros:

The system is as quick as the computer systems that you are using. When I work remotely, it feels and acts like I am at my computer at work. I also appreciate printing from my remote loction as some systems don't allow for it or the system doesn't work well. The sizing and appearance of all the applications look and work well remotely as well. The system is also very easy to access and implement so I have no hesitation in utilizing it on a daily basis.

Cons:

I set the system for maximum speed and minimum graphics. If the requirements of the job included graphics, the system would work significantly slower. I can't compare, since I have not tried any of those applications on this or any other system. The price is also much higher than the competition, but it is worth it for what I need to accomplish.

Robert
Defense & Space, 11–50 Employees

For simple and easy-to-use access at home or on the road

Pros:

Ease of use and access. Very simple to login and be working from home or road

Cons:

Price. Probably based on security protocol, but we are a small business. Seems like prices are always made for the enterprise users and never the small businesses. Thus you have a break-even point where you pay for additional products for your employees or you pay for them to have remote access to work from home. The bigs don't have to worry about the per-unit cost of either of those options as much as small businesses do.

Shawn
attorney in US
Law Practice, 2–10 Employees

GoToMyPC makes my small law office life SO much easier and more productive

Comments: Before I purchased GoToMyPC, I would have to stay at my office into the late evening hours in order to meet a deadline, or I have would have to drive back to my office on a weekend in order to complete some work to help a client or customer. I felt like I was living at my office too much, and was missing life at home with my family. Now, with GoToMyPC, I can put my kids to bed or have dinner with my wife, and then spend 1-2 hours using GoToMyPC to connect to my law office from my home office and have access to everything I would need -- it looks, feels and operates exactly like you are sitting at your law office desk. It's wonderful technology which allows me to use my time MUCH more efficiently, and allows me to respond to client emergencies by logging in from home -- instead of driving back to my office at night or during the middle of my valuable weekends. The convenience and remote access is invaluable!

Pros:

This is by far the best software that my small law office owns. I am not tech-savvy, and I still don't understand how it exactly works, but when I log in to GoToMyPC from my home office and connect to my law office, my law office computer screen "takes over" my home office computer -- it's as if I'm sitting at my law office desk while I'm actually in my living room, or on vacation, or anywhere in the world. You have immediate and complete access to your entire office network -- all files, emails and ability to print at your office or at home. This saves me so much time -- I can work late at night or on a weekend morning from HOME, instead of at my office. I can retrieve a file or send an email to address a client emergency as if I was sitting at my office desk -- but I could be on vacation, or at a conference, or at home getting access due to GoToMyPC. No need to drive back to my law office; just log on, get the work done, and save tons of time.

Cons:

It serves all of my office needs; I don't really have any complaints.

Adam
MD in UK
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

Go To Easy

Comments: Very happy with it, used to use a competitor for a few years but moved to go to my pc when something crashed and have never regretted it

Pros:

I use gotomypc virtually every day to check in on my PC's around the company, either from office to office or from home when i am away from the office of the dealership is closed

Cons:

its a bit fiddly to use on my phone but thats the only niggle

President in US
Wholesale, 11–50 Employees

Remote Access Asset

Comments: Use it morning before I go to the office and has been very reliable.

Pros:

From the beginning of COVID my company began to use GoToMyPC for top management that was not able to physically come to the office. Since then, each manager can access their computer remotely, if on vacation, travelling on business, slight illness and any other reason where their physical presence is impossible.

Cons:

Setup is a bit confusing, where one individual sets up the program for everyone else. As the owner I feel somewhat helpless, if the job falls on me for any reason. I have not used support, but as with anything else that I use at GoToMyPC, I'm sure it is easy to use and access.

Erich
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

Go To My Pc review

Comments: I would recommend this product to anyone who is wants to work from home

Pros:

I like the ease of access with go to my pc. super easy to use anywhere

Cons:

I have no complaints. This product works perfect for me

Laura
CPA in US
Accounting, Self Employed

Confidence in GoToMyPC software

Pros:

While I've used other remote software as an employee where I didn't have a choice, when I opened my own practice, this was my "Go To" software for many reasons. Among the main reasons are the ease of use and the security level of the software which allow me to work with client data safely from any remote location.

Cons:

It would be helpful if the software allowed it to be used in reverse. Rather than just allowing me to dial into the office, there have been times when I've failed to send something from my home system to the office and I am unable to obtain the information by dialing from the main location into the remote location. I'm not sure that this is even feasible (short of purchasing the software for each stand alone system), but it's the only issue that I think needs to be contemplated.

James
Sole proprietor in US
Accounting, Self Employed

JKS review of GoToMyPC

Comments: I maintain all of my original tax return files on the remote computer which allows me to know which file is the original file. Removes any question about originality of file.

Pros:

This software allows me to use my remote computer just like i was sitting in front of it.

Cons:

There are two issues i have with the software at this time. Issue one has to do with the software changing the resolution of the remoter computer's screen every time I remote into the unit. I have to manually reset the resolution in order to be able to work on the remote computer.Second issue has to to do with being able to reconnect if I get timed out for non-use. There are times when I cannot reconnect without restarting the remote computer, which if there is no one there to do so, I cannot use the remote computer at all until there is a restart. Dead in the water.

Adam
Senior Structural Engineer in Australia
Mining & Metals, Self Employed

GoTo MyPC - Great way to Remote Access Between Work and Home - Easy to Set-up

Comments: When using remote access it is like I am running my local PC. IT is very smooth, but this is also because I have fast internet connection between work and home.

Pros:

Connecting to a remote PC is very simple as it only requires me to double-click the program icon on my desktop. The connection is fast and seamless. I have the ability to drag and drop files directly to and from my remote PC as well as to print from my remote PC to my local printers.

Cons:

I use the dual desktop and when it opens I need to lock the views to each desktop. IT would be good if this could be set-up by default.

Donna
Director in US
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

Portable Desktop that's User Friendly

Comments: This is a great product. Very user friendly and it gives me the ability to work from anywhere and access the same programs and view as I'm used to seeing at the office.

Pros:

I use it daily and find it very easy to access my desktop while working from home. I get the same view as I would at the office. All programs work and I'm able to open multiple programs at the same time. I have two screens and GoToMyPC makes it very easy to switch between the two from a single laptop screen.

Cons:

Haven't found anything that didn't work well for me.

Stephanie
Office Manager in US
Chemicals, 2–10 Employees

Works from anywhere

Comments: Overall definitely get this if you need access to another computer use this

Pros:

I travel allot & use this on a daily basis & never had a problem with GoToMyPC. It even works with my cell phone hot spot. If you need access to another computer elsewhere this is the app you need to use. We have used this for over 20 years.

Cons:

My only problem isn't with GoToMyPC it's with my internet connection.

Joe
CEO in US
Medical Practice, Self Employed

Sharing is Caring

Comments: Overall, the service is excellent and permits "anytime" remote access in a secure fashion and provides incredible functionality. It's as if you were actually in front of the remote computer. In the past 11 years of use, I can honestly say I've had minimal issues and have been extremely satisfied with technical support and the willingness of the customer service personnel to "make things right". To me that's caring about your customers and that makes all the difference with customer loyalty.

Pros:

I have used this service since 2012 and it has evolved to serve me in so many capacities. I initially used it for remote access capability to manage my business and then subsequently to assist my elderly mother with her financial affairs. Excellent product and customer service.

Cons:

Connectivity was sometimes an issue as was the speed of responsiveness, but this typically was resolved with a reboot and re-connection.

Joyce
Assistant in US
Medical Practice, 2–10 Employees

Build your business with GoToMyPC

Comments: My office is short staffed at this time. Because of my husband's illness, I am unable to physically go into the office. Without GoToMyPC, I would be unable to send my insurance claims. I literally use GoToMyPC 7 days a week.

Pros:

Most useful features of GoToMyPC are ease of use and always reliable. Allows most in office tasks to be performed without problems.

Cons:

I have been using GoToMyPC for 16 or more years. I have never had a problem.

Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Excellent product, connectivity and customer support. Loyal fan since 2012

Comments: I have been working remote and kept clients long after relocating since 2012. It has become a crucial part of my business and enables me to respond to clients needs from anywhere, at any time, from my desktop home computer, a laptop, tablet, or even my phone.

Pros:

Easy to use, reliable, secure, and fast.

Cons:

There isn't anything I don't like. I have found the service to be reliable and dependable. Customer service exemplary.