About Tray

TRAY is the first Independent Cloud POS Solution for Multi-Site Restaurant Operators that can run on ANY legacy hardware or Processor.

Learn more about Tray

Pros:

Not Available

Cons:

Not Available

Tray ratings

3.3
2.3
3.0
3.3

3.3/10

Tray has an overall rating of 2.3 out of 5 stars based on 3 user reviews on Capterra.

Product Rating

Product Rating

Countries

Countries

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Tray before?

Jaylynn
GM in US
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees

Finally, a POS and kiosk that can deliver...

Comments: I had a great experience, everyone on their team is easy to work with and really nice. Their support is 24/7 which is perfect for our business.

Pros:

The best thing about TRAY is how easy it is to use and train people on. It helps manage all of our events and our sales.

Cons:

Deployment can take about 30 days, but once it is up and running, it is super easy to make changes.

Owner in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2-10 Employees

Inability to Troubleshoot

Comments: Terrible. Closes a Trouble Ticket without checking with facility that problem is solved. Chronic issues.

Pros:

It can have a KDS printer… bought, installed, troubleshooted.

Cons:

Unstable topology. KDS printer works selectively. After a dozen times Boomtown Support and Tray software have no ability to resolve issue

Jonathan
Owner in US
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees

Putting the POS in POS.

Comments: As likely one of the longest Tray user they have ever had – I thought writing a review on our experience with them from 2018 – 2022 would be pertinent. Originally the idea of self-ordering kiosks seemed awesome, and it had some perks. We chose to deploy 24 self ordering kiosks at our location all powered by CAT 6 Poe. This is the only reason we stayed with them as long as we did. There was significant investment into the technology solution – which since has been replaced by QR ordering (thank god). Tray by far has been the worst company I have ever dealt with from a customer and technical support stand point. I have a google drive folder dedicated to videos I would send Tray on the various technical issues we experienced through the years. Many still issues now, or ignored, or not even responded to. In fact at one point I believe they didn’t have any form of technical support for approximately 6 months – no one to call or email – literally no one. Rumored this was when they about went out of business, which I think has been a few times. I have literally never found another company that is as unprofessional, lacking of support of any nature and as catastrophically bad at “business” as Tray. It is impressive how poorly they operate. This probably leads to why most companies that I know that adopted them early (like us) left that sinking ship far before we did.

Pros:

Not much was to be liked. The customer facing kiosk UI was OK - when working.

Cons:

Honestly about everything. This is the worst technology orientated company I have ever worked with.