15 years helping British businesses

About Dialpad

Dialpad modernizes communication technology, putting voice, messaging, meetings, and video on any device.

Learn more about Dialpad

Pros:

Customer Service worked very well, they help with any technical problem that I might have and in general the program was very easy to use, practical and very eficient.

Cons:

This is even more frustrating in cases where I've been waiting on hold for a long time, only to be connected, and for the other person to not be able to hear me.

Dialpad ratings

4.4
4.1
4.2
4.2

7.9/10

Dialpad has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars based on 522 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Dialpad before?

Jonatan
Jonatan
Supervisor in Colombia
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51–200 Employees

An app that you would not stop using!

Comments: Quality, Dialpad talk not only allow us to answer and make calls, but we can use it to track every possible KPI and with that, keeping the quality of the service by auditing each interaction.

Pros:

Dialpad talk has several features but the most amazing one if Voice AI, it allows us to identify the matter of a call and lead us to analyze every interaction.

Cons:

Groups, we would like to have more control about groups of people created within the app, due to the current moment we are living (pandemic) we are more connected than ever, and people love personalizing their groups.

Russell
Russell
CEO in US
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Artificial feature limitations soured my experience with Dialpad

Comments: Once the port issues were resolved it is generally fine and easy to use, although I am disappointed that several basic features are excluded at the price we are paying, which is not exactly cheap compared to competitors. I may switch to a different to gain access to the features that Dialpad refuses to provide without spending more money.

Pros:

Native app is easy to use, and easy integration with Google Contacts makes dialing a snap. All users can dial out VoiceIntelligence transcripts are useful and automatically generated. The accuracy is about 80%, usually good enough to easily tell what was being discussed even if some of the words are transcribed incorrectly.

Cons:

The port experience was a disaster. There was a goof somewhere and this left me without the ability to receive or make phone calls on my business' primary phone number at either Dialpad or at my prior provider (Google Voice) and the support did not make me feel like fixing this was a priority for them, never providing updates. It eventually got fixed. The product has arbitrary and foolish feature limitations that feel unnecessary and petty. I am paying good money for this product and yet cannot access even a basic IVR because I am not an enterprise customer with more than 100 users. An IVR is absolutely basic functionality for a phone service with more than one user. We also cannot set holidays on our service because we need to be in a more expensive plan to do that.

Kalina
Kalina
Freelance and Human resources in US
Consumer Goods, Self Employed

Dialpad, A Phone System You Must Try!

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, hands down one of the best VoIP systems I have ever used. Customer support is even great.

Pros:

Best functions in Dialpad I love would be alerts/notications, accepting and placing calls, and messaging.

Cons:

Honestly, Dialpad is great. I don't hqve any negatives to say about using them as a phone system.

Amber
Office Manager & Director of Human Resources in US
Management Consulting, 11–50 Employees

Cheaper than most, but you get what you pay for..

Comments: I feel like the cons outweigh the pros at this point. We have had the system for 9 months and I am ready to go back to regular desk phones and a local phone/internet company.

Pros:

I love the features and they are easy to change and update. Being able to get rid of desk phones and give every employee their own direct line number is great ( for the employees who need one) Transferring calls is easy and I like the feature that it asks you if you would like to "ask" the person if they want to take the call or not. I love that it keeps track of phone calls, times, and send monthly reports regarding all calls ( dropped calls, missed, minutes used etc.) Being able to easily transfer calls to an employees cell phone is useful.

Cons:

It starts to get a little pricey the most employees you have. The "Fees" attached to the price are outrageous! These fees are described as : "Federal Universal Service Fund" , "Federal Regulatory Assessment Fee", "State and Local taxes" , and "Compliance and Administrative Cost Recovery" ( the compliance and administrative cost recover is the highest fee and I have no idea what it means or what it is for). I know we have to pay taxes, but when we had our old phone system ( through a local utility company) we didn't pay these fee's? Using Dialpad has tripled our office phone cost, and that's before you buy the needed headsets for use. You have to add each and every employee that ever needs to use the phone and there is a monthly cost added to your bill ( cost plus fees), I have 3 employees who rarely ever use the phone for work, and I have had to add them as full users. There is no way to have a "main" phone or line that multiple employees can use to make or receive calls. It is not cost effective because I have had to add those three employees to the system, just so they can make a few phone calls per year. There is a very big delay when you have calls forwarded to your cell phone. When we chose Dialpad we chose it because of the features and price, the price looks good at first, but as you add employees and all the fee's it's extremely high. Above and beyond any of these things, the customer service is very lacking. It is the worst customer service I have ever received from anyone. You cannot make a call to customer service, you can only use email. The "help" or response is not automatic, so if you are experiencing issues with the system ( which happens more than I think is acceptable for a business phone system) you have to wait sometimes 1-2 days to get a response or help. They did offer to "upgrade" us to a premier account, which just costs even more money. If you have a premier account you can have a phone number to call and actually speak with someone in customer service. We have had many issues with dropped calls, callers not being able to hear us, fuzziness in calls etc. These things are no big deal if they happen rarely, but they are fairly regular. When customer service does get back to you, they are incredibly rude and not very helpful, and it's usually 3-4 back and forth emails before a resolution is given or the issue is fixed.

Daniel
Director, IT in US
Medical Devices, 11–50 Employees

Dialpad Delivers Seamless Communication

Comments: It is cutting-edge communication platform that combines user-friendly design, cloud-based accessibility, and advanced features to deliver a seamless and efficient solution for modern team collaboration.

Pros:

There is a great intuitive interface, cloud-based accessibility, and robust features Calls made using the platform are clear and the video calls and AI-driven transcription services are stellar.

Cons:

Monthly price can get pretty high as each feature is done piecemeal.

Joshua
Director of Information Systems in US
Wholesale, 51–200 Employees

Great product great team

Comments: I love Dialpad and their desire to do business and make and keep us as customers.

Pros:

I love that Dialpad literally worked with my company to get us out of our terrible contract with our previous VoIP and that allowed us to setup and configure a call center. Call center and documentation and auditing is great for giving peace of mind and accountability to our employees and customers.

Cons:

There was literally nothing I disliked about Dialpad. Dialpad is a great system and great for the price.

Mental Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Effective and helpful VOIP system with some quirks

Comments: I am pleased but want more reliability.

Pros:

This VOIP platform continues to grow better and offer more features and allows me to access my calls and clients on my cell phone and computer.

Cons:

It was having issues on older Android phone and would switch to my personal voicemail. Also I was given 2 numbers and can't seem to control which one I send texts to customers always.

Computer Networking, 201–500 Employees

Calling Success

Comments: Effective, dependable, and easy to use communication tool that improves teamwork and production.

Pros:

Precise transcription of calls in real time

Cons:

Dialpad has nothing that I dislike about it.

Katie
Administrative Assistant in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Couldn't get easier to schedule a meeting

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I love how simple it is to set up a quick conference call. It takes less than 2-3 minutes.

Cons:

I had some issues with the login and password not working when I tried to login and after multiple attempts I realized I was using my login and password for talk, message, and meet and not video conferencing. Once I figured that out it was so simple.

Susan
Susan
Therapist in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Decently priced

4.0 last month New

Comments: Overall, Dialpad is of good value and they off a BAA which I need as a therapist.

Pros:

Dialpad is cost efficient and is overall easy to use. The chat feature is convenient and useful to send reminders for sessions.

Cons:

The video conferencing is not as easy to use as I had hoped. I contacted tech support and still was unable to resolve the issue.

Erin
Executive Director in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Easy Transition. Great Ongoing

Comments: Consolidation of products- we don't need a separate conference call plan or a separate text platform.

Pros:

With a sudden switch to remote offices we needed a system with direct lines, ability to transfer calls, video conferencing and FERRPA compliant texting. DialPad had everything we needed. Customer service was there at every turn to help us set up and even import or address book. We have had no issues with the calls, VM or video conference.

Cons:

When you are receiving a call you must press 1 to prove you are not a VM. It increases the time the caller waits.

Media Production, 2–10 Employees

The most advanced and affordable option out there

Comments: I love Dialpad. We started with Google Voice back in the day, but abandoned it because it wasn't a flexible office phone solution. Then we jumped into Switch.co because it promised a lot that Google Voice lacked. It wasn't quite right for us yet so we went away from that too. I also tried other solutions along the way. After a few years, Switch.co matured and was rebranded into Dialpad. Since that maturation we've been all in! The new iteration of the platform had the simplicity we needed while at the same time bringing the tech we desired. The audio delay on this voip service is non-noticeable. Let me repeat that, the audio delay is non-noticeable. We've tried a lot of VOIP systems and that is my biggest complaint. Dialpad delivers on the quality of the audio and the non-noticeable delay. When we've had issues or questions, customer service was on it in a suprisingly short amount of time. On top of that, they always resolved our issues/questions in a satisfactory way. This is a great product, but moreso I think they're a great company.

Pros:

1) Works on ios/android, computer, and desktop phone. It works well on all the devices I use. 2) You can transfer calls between devices. 3) Each month it gets increasingly better with regular software updates. 4) Simple management of our team phone numbers and departments. 5) It allows for better general office number handling.

Cons:

1) When switching from wifi to cellular LTE the call often drops or has issues for a bit (ie. leaving the office, with HD calling enabled) 2) Not great conference integration. I'd rather see a great video chat solution that integrates smoothly, than halfway-there uberconference integration. The pricing is silly w/ uberconference, every one of my lines doesn't need their own uberconference, we really only need 1 or 2 lines.

CTO in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Dialpad is a perfect solution for any business

Comments: We subscribed to Dialpad when we moved office suites. And it immediately became a very productive tool. I
had to travel for business and the mobility was very useful. I had all my call history, my notes, all at my fingertips. And when I received a call in the office, and it was too loud, I simply clicked on my cell and continued the conversation while walk. And the biggest advantage to productivity came when Covid-19 hit, because all the staff are working from home, still using the same numbers, the same process and the same way as if we are in the office. The common INBOX makes everyone aware of everyone else's communications, and the private phone numbers keep sensitive work separate. It has kept us going in these difficult times. And the one thing I really like the most? I can be anywhere in Europe and my NYC number will ring when someone calls.

Pros:

What we like most about this product is that it is intuitive and versatile. We ported out two business numbers, and we also received each our own cell number which is great to use for business. We can use it on the road, at the office and while traveling, so its perfect, we never miss a call. And by setting up groups we can put one phone on "do not disturb" and still have others answer, plus we can roll over to our personal phones. We have it running in our workstations and smartphones and it is so easy to answer in one and continue the conversation, seamlessly, in another simply by clicking a button. I usually answer through my laptop and if I need to walk away, I can simply just switch to my mobile in real-time. And I can text while I am speaking to a person, multi-task, or simply click a number and dial through it and then make a note on the screen. It remembers everything we do! This system's sound is crystal clear and it simplified our business. The support is also worth noting, they respond quickly and have resolved every single inquiry successfully and efficiently.

Cons:

I think some of the options should be included in every solution, for example, the dictionary. Other than that I cannot find anything I dislike.

Tracy
Program manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Dialpad is a must have for virtual workers

Comments: We have been using dialpad for 3+ years. We like the service. Its reliable and implementation is always a quick process. I like that we can monitor our team in real time and record calls when needed. We dont have many issues with the service but when we do, they try to help fix the problem. They may not always be successful with issues but do try to accommodate customer service requests.

Pros:

We use dialpad for our marketing team. They are all virtual and need a reliable service.

Cons:

The customer service can be iffy. They are able to solve simple issues but are harder to deal with on issues that need escalation.

Scott
Scott
Founder in US

Has been a great piece of software for my business

Comments: This software has allowed me to spin up or down business operations with the flip of a switch, and gives you a VERY full featured office phone solution for a fraction of the price of other companies. When comparing this to hardline phone systems, I honestly don't know why any company wouldn't just use this instead (as long as your computer has an ethernet connection).

Pros:

I like that the software is affordable, reliable, and accessible in many different ways. I use it as the main business line for my company and adding/removing users is super easy, creating a main line is easy, and having access to your phone via apps anywhere you are is fantastic. I also am very impressed with their quality and their customer support. I was having an issue with call quality, and I couldn't tell if it was my bluetooth headphones or my wifi. Their team got REALLY technical digging into the transmission details from my call, and told me there was a lot of chatter on the wifi. I ended up just running an ethernet cable and have literally zero problems anymore.

Cons:

The mobile app is good, but somehow not as reliable as the desktop software. I've had some issues making calls, and turn around and dial from my regular phone number and it works fine. I would suspect this has something to do with the fact that Dialpad uses internet instead of the regular phone line, but if I have plenty of LTE signal for a phone call I would think Dialpad would also work. As a result I generally just feel safer taking important calls from the desktop.

Jason
Jason
Everlasting Experience Designer in US
Entertainment, Self Employed

Designed for BIG, but no SMALL business should be without it...

Comments: Overall, I've been a Dialpad user since before they were Dialpad (called Switch back then). Like any business that's growing, some things had to get cherry picked down, like direct phone support for smaller users. The forums are a good place to start, and most of my email support tickets have been resolved in timely manners -- including porting of numbers -- but not being able to pick up the phone and call support is a little worrisome. Still, the service is usually rock solid and integrates well across my four computer and three iOS devices. It is a true virtual phone system that sounds fantastic and crushes the competition. If they could integrate with a spam call service like Hiya, then I think it would be everyone's go to for small and medium business, for sure.

Pros:

I'm pretty much a one man show, but I offer three different lines of services. I also have a cell phone number that goes back to 1998, so I like to keep it private from the business world. Dialpad allows me to separate all three service lines into their own department, with their own phone numbers and/or extensions, while keeping my personal cell number 100% private.

Cons:

Some features offered on Android are not on iOS and vice versa. One of the biggest grips I have is that the pings for text messages to mainline and department lines don't present a notification on the iPhone. This can prove troublesome in an emergency, as I only see them when I open up the app and the department icon shows it.

Neha
Tax Consultant in India
Management Consulting, 10,000+ Employees

Good app for small business but a little glitch for large ones

Pros:

It needs simple installation via chrome apps store with simple Google or Microsoft authentication. It will start working in couple of minutes. One can easily accept and move calls between my PC and mobile app seamlessly without any interruption. Audio quality is up to mark. It's easy to add contact, it email us as soon as we have a voice mail. Easy to answer when the clients call. Dial pad app seamlessly integrates with Chrome and Gmail, linking all contact data. It doubles as an instant messaging platform for quick messages sent between colleagues when an email would be unnecessary and cumbersome. Because it keeps everything in one place and tracks a lot of call data like date, time, length of call, who answered it, what call group it rang to, call transfers which it makes finding, tracking and reviewing information easier.

Cons:

There are no emoticons, which makes it less competitive than Skype. There are some features missing like immediate forwards to a non Dial pad number. Also when the demand gets high there is no call waiting or even any alert letting them know there is another call coming inn which makes the software impartial.

Darien
Associate Pastor in Canada
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

Quality VOIP system with learning curve

Comments: Overall, Dialpad has been an excellent VOIP solution that has allowed my organizations mobile workforce to continue connecting with our team and volunteers without being shackled to a desk phone. During the COVID-19 lockdowns, this furthermore allowed us to easily transition from working in the office to working from home, without disrupting our overall workflow.

Pros:

Dialpad offers a number of comprehensive features that will suit most growing businesses needs, most important of which is the ability to take work calls from a personal cellphone. The product is easy to manage and configure, with good call quality (given you have decent internet) and even a cell-fallback feature provided you don't.

Cons:

Dialpad's backend configuration is a little messy, making it difficult for people not heavily invested in learning the platform to configure basic settings (for instance, the call routing setting is hidden in a menu labelled "Business Hours"). For someone who did not help setup the platform and has little experience with managing VOIP offerings, it can be quite daunting figuring out the settings and understanding what many of the terms mean. Dialpad also has a few noticeable bugs; including a complete inability to handle longer MMS messages. It receives pictures and videos just fine, but should someone send you a longer text it starts breaking the texts into smaller chunks, and delivers the different chunks in a random order - making it nearly impossible to read through the original message.

Jeff
VP in US
Financial Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

New Dialpad Sell Pro / Salesforce User

Comments: Overall good so far but it’s early. Call quality and downtime will be my priority in reviewing next years annual contract.

Pros:

The sales process was straight forward. If your a firm, like most, and want to look under the hood for development projects they are flexible. Provided us with the permissions to set up a sandbox in sales for and give it a go.

Cons:

The support ended after the contract was signed. Company needs to bridge sales and support to continue to grow with mid-enterprise clients. Hard time reaching my guy after we signed, prior to that we talked a few times a day. That said, I reached customer service for a request and they solved my issue immediately. A+

Richard
President in US
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Dialpad is a great office assistant

Comments: Being able to answer each call live has helped serve our customers better. Many of our customers appreciate being able to reach someone each time they call. Overall, Dialpad has helped us with our professional image and given us peace of mind that we do not have to worry about the app not working.

Pros:

Dialpad helps us to always be in a position to live answer every call. The way we can have calls be routed to multiple people is a huge asset. If one of us is busy someone else in the office can answer the call. Another item we enjoy about the app is there are multiple features that will allow you to customize the app to your needs.

Cons:

The main downside for us is occasionally our internet will be spotty and render the application unusable. That being said the "Failover" feature will route calls to my cell phone in that kind of event.

Accounting, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Contact and call management system

Comments: I am still using it to make and track calls, so it'sokay for me.

Pros:

Dialpad is a contact and call management system. You have all the customers information like call history management.

Cons:

it's sometime difficult to establish the calls.

Carlos
Owner in US
Insurance, 2–10 Employees

Asegura's review

Comments: benefit is I can use anywhere

Pros:

I like the price, the extras it inludes and the quick chat response

Cons:

Setting up the desk phones i a nightmare, and also the fact that each line has to be linked to an email is hard to manage sometimes especially when you have employees that sometimes are in different offices. I would prefer the line be standalone, not linked to an individual per say

Joshua
VP Global Sales in New Zealand
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Not what was expected - was sold the dream

Comments: I personally do not recommend.

Pros:

Cost compared to the market was good as they cut a good deal.

Cons:

The onboarding was terrible, months delayed (despite paying from the date of the contract being signed) and very little correspondence due to Dialpad being overwhelmed with new customers.

Law Practice, 2–10 Employees

Flashy, Expensive, Reliable

Comments: Because me and my colleagues often work on the road or from home, it is essential that clients have a single number to reach us no matter where we are. Dialpad offers that, but only as a single point of contact for the organization (although I could pay a bunch more and have extensions or separate numbers, as mentioned above). The reliability is great, ease of use is ok, functionality for the price is low.

Pros:

The interface is sleek, albeit a bit difficult to navigate. Once you know where to look for the functionality you need, it's great. The other thing I'd mention is uptime/reliability--I've never encountered a problem in that regard.

Cons:

The thing that I would LOVE to see from Dialpad is the ability to have at least some extensions (for departments or individuals) without paying for them. Other providers, e.g. Grasshopper, offer this functionality as standard, and it is super useful. Even if Dialpad charged a couple dollars per month per extension, that would be fine. But as of now that functionality is not offered at a reasonable price.

MARIA
HR MANAGER in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Best decision ever!

Comments: The main issue we were trying to solve was providing a software for our remote employees to use. Because this software can be used ANYWHERE it solved our problem right away.

Pros:

The interface is so easy to use and can be used anywhere. You don't need the traditional Voip system you can download an app to your desktop or mobile device and use Dialpad that way. It has saved us a lot of money because we don't have to purchase expensive desk phone and instead provide quality headphones that really make the experience so much much better. The software itself is very user friendly and integrates with Zendesk which makes tickets so easy to organize. All in all, best decision for our company.

Cons:

There's not a lot but if I had to pick one thing it's that they don't support 1800 numbers. Not a deal breaker for us.