We love this platform!

Joe S.
business manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This solved a very hard problem for us. Our practice management system has a communication module, but it only goes Tx to front desk, the front desk can't reply! We needed to have a running conversation between tx and the front, and also for different people to interact privately or without conversation. We love working with this. Setting up was easy easy easy and tech support has been great with everything.

Pros: We love the ease of communicating safely across the office and when we are out of the office. The HIPAA compliant feature makes this a great tool for staying connected in a place where we would otherwise be running around on foot!

Cons: The PC chat window is a little confusing for us at times. We use different chat groups for different purposes and if someone is looking at the wrong group window they may not see what they want or may write in the wrong setting. It's not bad, but a highlight of what the window is might help. Also, I'd love to be able to set different sounds for different groups and users so I know what I have to jump for and what I can ignore for a while. I have to monitor activity, but don't always need to respond so I'd like to set sounds so I know what's what.

Good Product

David P.
Technology Operations Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Excellent.

Pros: Ease of use for employees, ability to pull archives for reports.

Cons: Unable to edit main group (we have two companies under the same umbrella), we'd like to change the name of the main default group to be more encompassing. Chat Disclaimer is sent with every message or none. We are wanting to send a disclaimer to each user at least once. Ideally, every time a new chat window between users is opened it should appear once. The price is steep, every year is getting harder and harder to justify the cost to my board with lesser costly options like Microsoft Teams, etc.

Easy To Use and train up

Thomas P.
Publishing, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Needed a simple and easy to use app that didn't require my IT department to hand hold existing users and provide extended training for new users as we have many ever changing off-site contributors.

Pros: Very easy to use and new users pick it up quicker than most apps. Plus, continual upgrade & updates make Trillian the best instant messenger for business.

Cons: Do not believe Trillian has any functional flaws- Only suggestions have been minor cosmetic changes which they usually respond to in a timely fashion.

Excellent Communications Software

Marianne D.
Hospital Administrator
Veterinary, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We love Trillian at work and find it so easy to communicate across departments in a large facility and also communicate when I am away from the office but need to be available to the whole team. Group messaging is especially helpful.

Pros: Ability to share attachments, ability to customize login info and visibility, mobile option. Group communication options are excellent.

Cons: Would love more media content like gifs to spice it up!

Trilian for healthcare

Jeffrey S.
COO
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The software is solid, secure, and easy to use. The support is phenomenal. Thank you Trillian!

Pros: The best solution for secure chat available. Works on desktop, laptop, and phone, so you can always get your messages.

Cons: Looking forward to voice calling. Everything else is wonderful

Simple, Does the Job, Few Features, But Reliable

Reviewed on 21/08/2019
Katie C.
Digital Services Director
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The marketing company that I work for as several "older" souls who aren't too savvy with Project Management Chat Software quite yet. Having this tool as a way to keep in touch and ping teammates has been helpful.

Pros: At first, I thought Trillian was just a sad AIM wannabe that the company I am working for wanted to relive the 90's with. As I got acclimated, I got used to the chat service. It's pretty simple to use, I enjoy the emojis, and having the historical chat messages archived has been a life saver.

Cons: I am patiently waiting a gif search and embed feature. Sometimes words and emojis just don't do the trick, and you need to harness the Michael Scott saying "NO NO NOOOO" gif to get your point across. I do occasionally have some issues with cross-platform synching. (when I chat via my desktop, the message isnt viewable on my iPhone/iMac), and since I switch hit from device to device, this can be pretty inconvenient.

In 25 Years of Using Instant Messaging Software - Trillian is the BEST!

Barry B.
General Manager
Shipbuilding, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Great experience. Has greatly increased communication ability within the company! Great experience thus far!

Pros: Easy to use, small file size, quick, convenient

Cons: I haven't found any Cons in 2+ years of using this software.

Great IM Platform

Stephanie H.
IT Specialist
Mental Health Care, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Whenever I've contacted Trillian support, I've received fast responses and resolutions. The software is also fast and easy to use which means less training time for new hires.

Pros: I like you can choose to have your different chats in 1 window or separate. I like you can set your own status to something customized. I love the search function - it's quick to find people. I also like there's a mobile app.

Cons: When I sign into Trillian on my cell phone, my status resets to Online then I have to change it back to Away. I often keep my desktop up but need to walk away from my desk and use my mobile phone. I would like to have to option of your status showing in chat history. We put a lot of info in our status's. I would also like to see a few things merged such as Google calendar (so status's are updated automatically) and video conferencing.

Messaging and More Done Right

Danny D.
Partner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Scott and the team are amazing. They've listened to our feature requests and delivered! We love trillian and our business depends on it heavily every day.

Pros: Trillian is a solid messaging app. The feature we use most is the pier to pier file transfers. No upload/download... just send a file straight to the person you need to. We send a LOT of messages and a LOT of files on a daily basis. Mostly large files. Trillian has been the most solid messaging app we have ever used.

Cons: The only thing I don't like about the software is you need to activate the mobile app (even if it's running in the background) when you step away from your desktop if you want to receive messages. I would prefer it just go to both locations simultaneously.

Awesome Program

Ellie C.
Legal Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My overall experience is that it does exactly what we need it to do and that is to communicate within the firm.

Pros: Once Yahoo Messenger was discontinued I had to find a program that worked similarly like it as this was what we used as a form of communication within our Law Firm. The layout was pretty much like messenger and it was easy to navigate. It is simple and easy to use. We like that we can attach photos, docs and notifications are on point. I receive them on my computer as well as on my phone.

Cons: The only con that I can think of is the emoji's, I wish it had a bigger variety.

A tried and True IM App that greatly facilitates communication in our organization.

Gregg R.
Operations Director
Individual & Family Services, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Trillian has streamlined communication in our organization making it easy to reach out to people for quick questions or answers, pass phone calls , know people's status and presence, and just keep us all connected. We have built in messaging in our phone system but find Trillian a stand-out, stand-alone tool for intra office messaging.

Pros: ease of set up and use under multiple IM protocols. Simple for users to work with. Great support from developer.

Cons: The latest version for mac seems to take longer to get connected to its network than the older versions.

Simple but Powerful

Reviewed on 25/07/2019
Sharena W.
Dir. Marketing Communications
Consumer Goods, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Once AOL became defunct, we switched to Trillian to communicate within our Corporation. The layout is easy to navigate, and has several customization options. Simple interface. I like the ability to attached documents and photos, and notifications are good.... meaning I rarely miss one. We don't use the feature, but it's possible to Add external account such as Facebook, and Google.

Cons: On associate complains about not being able to position the tabs horizontally. There is no delete function for the individual user. You can't edit or modify an IM once it's been posted.

Fantastic instant messenger

Michel L.
Construction, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Love the experience. support is an instant message away which is amazing. I have had issues resolved in less than 5 min which is a life saver when running a business.

Pros: the screen shot option is a life saver. as well as the new instant messenger to sms feature. I was able to use my landline to send text messages. I work in a location that has no reception so this allows me to text customers/coworkers without having any reception.

Cons: The android app. it is glitchy and laggy. it still does the job but could be much better.

Must have!!

Nicole T.
Administrative Assistant
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I love that my contact list can be docked to the right of my computer screen, this allows me to know at all times who is available, who has left for the day, or who can not be disturbed.
Another Pro is that I can make as many group chats as I need to this allows me to be able to talk to multiple people instead of have a bunch of different one off convos, also you can name your group chat which is amazing!!

Cons: Trillian has not come out with a redacted feature yet but I am hopeful that will come out in the future.

Office Use

Reviewed on 01/09/2019
Dawn R.
Licensed Property Manager - Owner
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Ease in which to connect with team members. We are not all the same floor, making communication more difficult. Because we can connect via Trillian, we are able to keep up with our fast paced office and not skip a beat. Ability to review history is a must for our company!

Cons: While it is a business app/program - bringing some fun into to help us get through the long days would be great! What that would be exactly? I'm not sure...

Trillian is a great tool with a lot of potential

Reviewed on 14/08/2019
Hesham M.
Software Developer
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: So far I had a good experience using trillian, still trying to adapt from Slack which had more rich features.

Pros: Love the group chat feature and the simplicity in creating channels.

Cons: The multiple task manager tabs, and escaping characters in messages, as well as the auto copy on select feature.

Perfect for Staff Communication

Katie D.
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This product was instrumental in better communication between employees at our two locations. We were able to problem solve and track inventory much quicker by searching chat history.

Pros: Loved the capability to search chat history - helped immensely with inventory and tracking our products

Cons: Wish it had the option of not showing when you were mobile (maybe it did?) Emoticons seemed a bit outdated but those weren't necessary for effective work communication ;)

Great for our uses, but could do with a few feature updates

Emma S.
Director of Clinic Operations
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Our communication has improved, we were previously using walkie talkies, which while helpful, became distracting. Trillian is a more subtle way of communicating during clinic. Unfortunately, with this trillian is sometimes not noticed immediately by the user and so a way to distinguish urgency would be incredibly useful.

Pros: Ability to communicate in the moment with our team, ability to set up different groups, customization of notification sound/location

Cons: could do with a way to notify different levels of urgency in terms of sound and appearance

Great IM Software and Service

Victoria V.
IT Manager
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I've been using Trillian for 12+ years. I used to use it as just an IM client for multiple chat services, but I've transitioned our company into using Trillian Business and I LOVE IT. It's easy to add/remove users, look at chat history, and send messages to certain groups or my whole company. It definitely makes doing business much easier!

Pros: Easy to use, ability to message groups/entire company, chat history availability and search

Cons: I cannot think of anything I don't like!

Great Product!

Mary M.
Agency Manager
Insurance, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It's great for even a smaller office and to be able to communicate with your coworkers while you have a customer right in front of you

Pros: Ease of use, to be able to do group chats, No Ads!

Cons: There is not much we don't like about this software

Great for office communication!

Caitlin M.
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have used Trillian for years and it has been a game-changer for interpersonal communication in our office.

Pros: I love how easy this is as well as the ability to have group chats.

Cons: Nothing that I can think of. It's easy, the staff likes it, and we have never once had it "go down" when we needed it.

Trillian - Couldn't do business without it

Terri C.
Accountant
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Using Trillians makes work communications MUCH easier. Quick and efficient.

Pros: Allows for easy interaction with co-workers without having to write an email, send a text or make a phone call.

Cons: There's nothing I don't like about it. All our employees use it. And it can be set up on the phone for contact away from the office.

Great for communicating at the office

Reviewed on 25/07/2019
Customer Retention Supervisor
Utilities, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall it does exactly what we need for communication software.

Pros: I can communicate with everyone at my office in regards to customer accounts as well as offer immediate direct supervision.

Cons: It crashes, not often, but sometimes. Transferring files can be a little hard for beginners to get used to.

Easy to set up, and use

Cathy W.
ops mgr
Retail, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Works great for the price. You can use on desktop and mobile phone which has helped me with being on call all the time.

Cons: I wish you could combine group chat histories - it wasn't clear in the beginning that group chats were saved, and multiples were created. :(

Trillian is a very useful software for staying in touch!

Reviewed on 15/10/2019
Matthew P.
Technology Coordinator
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I am very pleased with Trillian. The installation is smooth and it's quite easy to use.

Pros: I love the flexibility between using it on my PC at work, or on my phone when I'm out of the office.

Cons: When I get involved in an impromptu group, I have to manually delete that group.