QuickBooks Online Advanced

QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

by Intuit

The most complete small business accounting solution

Reviewed on 03/08/2019
Adrian M.
Director of Operations
Industrial Automation, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall I am beyond happy with my choice to put QuickBooks Online at the core of my businesses accounting functions. The cost is extremely reasonable for the power and huge capabilities it has.

Pros: Easy to use whether you have no accounting experience or you are a pro. The user interface is logically laid out so you can get where you need intuitively. Between the very complete built in functionality and a robust App Store of add-ins for specific needs it Quickbooks Online can provide a solution to any accounting need You can go it alone or seamlessly incorporate external accounting services depending on your strengths, comfort level and desire to directly engage in specific accounting processes It’s cloud based so you do not have to deal with local computers and storage that have to be maintained and backed up to secure your business critical data. This also means your can access your data from anywhere you like. Two step verification for log in so your data is very secure. The Quickbooks Online mobile app is excellent and lets you input receipts and expenses easily and immediately so you never get behind.

Cons: I had very few issues. Mostly surrounding my inexperience with accounting. It would be nice if Intuit would have some General Accounting Practices videos to get complete accounting novices up to speed on the basics like setting up a book of accounts and how to categorize expenses properly.

A constantly moving target, but works well for basic SB accounting needs...

Reviewed on 19/11/2019
Phil M.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We initially moved from QuickBooks Pro Desktop to the Online version to allow for our new Online Service Management System (RazorSync) to easily export invoices into QB for processing. In that regard, QB Online has worked well and met expectations. It's obviously an evolving product and there have been many changes to it over the time we've been on the service; some good, some not-so-much. The reporting module is very limited and unless one of the canned reports is close to what you want it's a struggle to obtain some information in a format that's useful. All those issues aside however it's been a good solution for our company and we expect we'll continue to use it.

Pros: It's wonderful to have access to our accounting system from any Internet-connected device. Integration with our Service Management System (RazorSync) has allowed us to turn Service Orders into invoices and send them via QuickBooks Online quickly and easily, which has absolutely improved how quickly we get paid on jobs. The Payroll module makes it easy to pay our employees and calculate the necessary withholding and taxes due.

Cons: The reports in the Online version are clunky and horribly limited. Recently Intuit modified what was included in the package we were in and limited the number of accounts we're allowed to have in the Chart of Accounts without paying a higher fee, so we're stuck not being able to add new accounts unless we want to go to the "next tier". Last year we needed to reprint some older tax forms that weren't showing up so we were forced to contact support for assistance. We finally got what we needed done but it took contacting two different support reps as the first one obviously wasn't familiar with the product and made changes to our accounting data that had to then be fixed by the second rep.

A must-have for business owners

Reviewed on 14/01/2020
Janet B.
Accountant
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The auto-bank download is a must-have in any tax software. The Desktop version requires some steps to manually visit the bank for the download but can be done. QBO is a solid software for small businesses.

Pros: Good tutorials available, auto-banking transaction download (though it does not work for some banks or credit unions in BC) is a great feature, easy to MATCH or TRANSFER funds. Easy to set up bills and to invoice out of the program.

Cons: A little bit glitchy - sometimes fields get lost, or report titles get shifted and cut-off. Multi-currency requires the user to go online externally to grab exchange rates. It's confusing to issue customer refunds. The tax module (GST, PST) works okay. Bank reconciliations are difficult when there's anything done out of the ordinary, whereas a manual reconciliation would get the job done quicker.

Quickbooks Online has changed our whole model

Reviewed on 18/12/2019
Executive Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Quickbooks online has allowed our organization to update, modernize, and change the way we approach our finances. Within a few months, we moved from a fairly archaic book keeping system to one that is completely modernized, online, and easier to use. Our whole team has saved time and frustration after making the change to QBO. Changing to Quickbooks online has helped us to improve our record-keeping, issue payments faster, made it easier for us to prepare for an annual audit, and provides many different options for planning, budgeting and reporting for a Board of Directors. With a small team, we are very appeciative of the Help features and online support available.

Cons: The only issue I have run into so far with Quickbooks Online is that there is a limit to the number of automatic reports that can be generated. For example, we would love to have the option to pull a variance report automatically from our records. Luckily, Quickbooks Online does provide you the features needed to build custom reports - so we got what we needed with a little bit of work.

Quickbooks Online

Reviewed on 07/02/2020
Marcus S.
Tax Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The app is slow to manually process data. There are major limitations when attempting to modify data within the software or correct recording errors. They advertise that any business owner can do everything themselves in the software but in practice most of the things business owners do are inaccurate.

Pros: I like that you can log into the software from any location. I like that I can talk to my clients while both of us are using the software in real time.

Cons: I do not like that QBO is constantly increasing their rates. They have made the software substantially more expensive since they came out with the product. Every feature of the software is now an additional charge.

Keeps clients connected with their Accountant

Reviewed on 06/01/2020
Jessica K.
Accountant
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall I like QuickBooks online and recommend it to my clients. It is setup to be user friendly and can potentially save users a lot of time. I like how the bank transactions download in and you can match or add them individually or automatically. A lot of businesses have a lot of frequent and similar transactions so I make rules to automatically add them to the books. This also carries over to the reconciliation so I can quickly reconcile the books to the bank statements.

Pros: I like how I can log in and help keep my clients’ books on track. When they have questions, I can log in and see exactly what they are talking about and either help them fix it or fix it on my end. I also like how the bank can be connected so all the transactions import into QuickBooks.

Cons: I don’t like how some of the functionality is taken away and given only to QuickBooks support. The payroll center and sales tax center both need some work. Some fields in payroll checks we cannot edit, even if QuickBooks is calculating it wrong. Last couple times I called support, I was on the phone for hours and I am a pro advisor.

Is there anyone else?

Reviewed on 19/11/2019
Josh H.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I've been using Quickbooks in one form or fashion for over 20 years.

Pros: It's fairly easy to use and it's all online so I can access my books from anywhere in the world on any device.

Cons: It does seem to be a bit expensive for software but is there anyone else that can even compete?

Quickbooks Online is Sleek, Professional, Easy, but Lacks Some Custom Reporting Features

Laura R.
Digital Strategist
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, Quickbooks Online can replace the accounting software of most small-to-medium businesses. It's easy to use and fast. You can use Quickbooks Online from anywhere, any device, at any time. That's a big deal. I love having the ability to browse it on my computer and then, when I need to, bring it up on my phone when I'm at the coffee shop or with a client. Intuit hit it out of the park with this app.

Pros: The best feature is easily the sales tracking. It's easy to create quotes, turn them into sales orders, and then onto invoices. The process is easily linkable with many POS and ecommerce solutions.

Cons: QBO lacks some of the most robust reporting features that I'm used to. This is the biggest issue with the online software.

Quickbooks Online Review

Reviewed on 29/10/2019
Cindy C.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My overall experience with Quickbooks Online has been fantastic! I like that I can even pay my vendors through Quickbooks Online in conjunction with using Online Bill Pay. It's a fast and efficient way to pay my bills electronically, plus it is always safe to use! I can also receive payments for my various products with Quickbooks Online and although the software is not free it is definitely worth the small monthly payment.

Pros: What I like most about using Quickbooks Online is that I can use different classes meaning different payment transactions for the various different departments which brings in sales within my bridal store business. Types may be also be assigned for each one of my individual vendors therefore my sales invoices remain really accurate as per department. All of my sales invoices are always up to date simply by using my Quickbooks Online software!

Cons: What I like least about using Quickbooks Online is that I am always aware of the fact that the software is cloud based. This fact used to make me feel very paranoid in the beginning couple of days of using the software, but with its great features and friendly user abilities all of my fears soon faded away. Plus I have come to know that Quickbooks Online is really safe to use! Although some people do still mind having their company's invoices and financial records stored online on the cloud instead of the way that Quickbooks does it which is storing all of that sensitive information right there on your desktop computer.

Enjoyed the service. Only discontinued due to Owner's decision.

Reviewed on 03/12/2019
Lacye a B.
Receptionist
Law Practice, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I really enjoyed the service. I have learned you can use this software until you have grown out of it. I don't recommend leaving it to use other software b/c you feel like expanding. I still use this software for my personal business.

Pros: Used this service for a Health Service Clinic. It was helpful, easy to use and I would highly recommend it. The owner wanted to make too many changes too quickly and left but I still feel the service is better.

Cons: I would recommend an option for customization features to allow staff to have access to particulars only needed for them to know. I felt I knew too much about the financials of the Health Clinic. For security, I would recommend some form of limited access but the pricing would increase drastically. I understand.

The one stop software for any Business

Kevin Z.
Director Of Operations
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I am currently learning how to better integrate my time keeping services with quick books and I am overall happy with the transisiton

Pros: This Software is absolutely essential to my day to day operations.
From the ease of use in payroll services, tracking inventory, combining all purchase and financing accounts and creating invoices for all of my customers I could not be happier with Quickbooks.
What I really love is that software is always adapting and improving to help with more and more essential tasks, and if I don't know how something works there is always a Webinar/Customer service agent/video to give myself and my employees the tools they need to meet any accounting challenge.

Cons: The only two issues I have had is with compatibility with the payroll time clock services I would like to use, and this is more personal preference than anything else. I would like to see more options for bio metric time-clocking services than is currently available. the second is the saving of last used dates in the software meaning you have to be vigilant when making invoices or printing checks (I have lost a ton of checks this way)

Ease of use

Kyle H.
Accounting
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The chart of accounts feature of QBO is much cleaner than the two previously used accounting softwares. Also the reporting functions are much more user friendly for non-accounting employees trying to find financial information that makes sense to them.

Pros: Everything is very clean, and easy to navigate. The general features of the software are user friendly to all levels of accounting. If you have never used an accounting software before QBO makes it very accessible to find important and valuable information about your finances with relative ease.

Cons: The more in depth features do take a little time to navigate. There are also a lack to "advance" features for some of the functions but it overall fits the bill. There is nothing that is missing that is an absolute need for business function- just more of a "would be nice".

QBO is Definitely Different

Harmony F.
Business Office Manager
Wholesale, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Our overall experience with QBO Advanced has been pretty good. I think with the development and implementation of more features or customization of different "modules" to be customer specific it would serve us perfectly. And hey, the price is WONDERFUL!

Pros: What I like most about using QBO Advanced is how user friendly and simplistic it is to use. We transitioned our entire financial management system and for the most part it was relatively smooth.

Cons: There were many obstacles to overcome in the transition to QBO Advanced. It mainly involve how to find work around solutions for areas not offered in QBO Advanced such as specifically detailed inventory management and also fixed assets. The inventory process in QBO is clunky and too simplistic for our company, BUT since QBO is so easy to use we have customized processes to make it work for us.

Best Move My Company Ever Made

Molly C.
Senior Financial Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The cost for this product is amazing. We have saved $100,000 yr since switching from NetSuite. My team and I honestly prefer QuickBooks for everyday bookkeeping and business operations. For our company the switch was a no-brainer.

Pros: This software is so easy to use and makes training a breeze. A ton of the functionality makes everything more efficient and intuitive. The reporting is awesome and easy to create your own custom reports.

Cons: You cannot have multiple tabs open and you cannot easily create consolidated financials to include multiple instances.

Quickbooks Online Advanced

Ryan C.
Retail, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: There are so many reasons why we love working on Quickbooks online. The credit card processor working through our website, the mobile app and card processor, as well as the integration to WordPress and to help add automation to our financial recording.

Pros: There are so many features to this software, but my favorite is definitely the online platform. I am able to see the progress of the business through my phone or iPad and not just sitting behind a desk. So much business is done on the road or moving around and having the app easily accessible I can always be in touch with what is going on in the company.

Cons: Setting up the new company file was difficult. We were moving from QuickBooks desktop and it had to much data (20 years worth) that we were not able to compress it then upload the information to the new platform. We were able to do batch uploads which did allow us to preserve some data but it did make the transition a little more difficult than it needed to be.

Great Product for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 04/10/2019
Dan P.
Staff Accountant
Nonprofit Organization Management, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Our experience has overall been very good. The price is very reasonable and has made things easier to use. Also, it has saved our company a lot of time and made things very efficient.

Pros: I like how easy the product is to use. I find it very easy to navigate and figure out how to use different parts of the software. Also, I like that they are continuing to roll out new updates and features. For instance, they just rolled out a feature where they will automatically send out past due notice. This has helped save a lot of time and improved our AR drastically. I think all in all, it has a lot to like about the product.

Cons: I think the reporting can improve a lot. They do have Fathom reporting, but that seems hard to use. I would like for more straight forward reporting that is easier to use. I think their customer service could also improve. Whenever I have a questions, they always provide an answer, but it is not much help. It seems like they need more qualified individuals to help out with any questions you have.

Great where fits - might leave you looking for more

Reviewed on 02/10/2019
Steve B.
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Moved from QB Desktop. Love having access where-ever and multiple people able to access it. QBO is much less feature rich than QBD. But, with QBD, you have to either log into a server, or remote desktop. It's stuck in the 90's. So, to make it even work, we had to get a plugin to manage our inventory and orders. If QB Desktop version would move online, it would definitely be a 30 year leap back to the present.

Pros: Quickbooks is easy to use, widely known, and priced affordably. Good for a small business. Having it online was a necessity. Having it link to bank accounts so smoothly is nice.

Cons: If it's not the QB way, you have NO WAY. They are not interested in helping with any needs of YOUR business. If your business doesn't fit into THEIR way, too bad. But, overall, they have a good program that fits most of your business needs.
i.e. If you want sales orders and inventory management - you might as well be asking a rock.
i.e. If you want to use your own credit card processor, they will force extra steps on you and take away features and functionality.

The proverbial 800 pound gorilla still works!

Reviewed on 10/09/2019
Scott B.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: QBO is the only one with the complete package that includes the ability to write and track checks. Since my business is simple, I need a lighter, "for dummies" mode that could remove a lot of clutter when it is not necessary. As a consignment business, I use software that is specific to the industry. It keeps all of the data I need to meet regulations. For QBO, a payment is a simple transaction. I wish the system could be lighter and less cluttered.​

Pros: Aside from keeping things in order, it allows someone with no accounting experience to do the basic bookkeeping activities, produce reports, and keep up with the finances. I like that it will connect with the bank and download activities! Best of all, it will print checks!

Cons: Connection with the bank can be flakey, depending on the bank. You have to watch the activity because QB does not tell you if there are problems. It should provide an option to warn you when it could not contact the bank overnight. Also, it is very difficult to use the check lineup processes. For some reason, I cannot get the check printing to line up properly and the tools they give do not work well.

Our Cloud Accounting Software of Choice

Reviewed on 01/08/2019
Kaitlen C.
Bookkeeper/Payroll Associate
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The freedom that QBO provides you is amazing. I recently moved to BC from Ontario and was able to keep my job because our firm uses QBO. If we had been on desktop for our clients, I would't have been able to keep my job and would have had to find work elsewhere. My boss is about to work remotely from her cottage for the month of August because she CAN! How many people do you know can say that?

Pros: I find QBO to be super user friendly. I love that they have a training program so you can become basic and advanced certified. We make everyone in the office do the certification program, but nothing beats user experience. QBO is the first cloud-based accounting software I was introduced to, and I find it fabulous. I even recommended it to my parents for their business instead of their custom desktop-based software and they are going to move to it at the end of August.

Cons: Sometimes the banking feeds have a hard time staying connected which can be very frustrating. It's not Quickbook's fault for this - it's the banks. But it is still frustrating at times when you lose a connection and have to call up your client to re-enter their details. Thank goodness for screen-sharing! Their customer support has lovely people, but they are not always knowledge in the ways they should be. A lot of the times, we already know the issue that we are experiencing and need to speak to someone high-level to be able to resolve the issue. There should be an advanced call center to be able to speak to extememly well-versed people that know QBO in and out.

Should Be Great...But There Are Some Issues

Reviewed on 24/07/2019
Joshua M.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, the software should be and is quite capable, however, it seems the staff need more resources/training to troubleshoot issues and the pay period settings need to be more customizable.

Pros: Quickbooks is the most well-known accounting software on the planet. It's slick, the software is implemented and developed well with no bugs in my experience, and the capability fits any size business via their subscription plans. This was very much needed for me as a small business owner and it's been a great step up from what I was previously doing.

Cons: Here's the cons: When setting up an employee the software gave me a notification and wouldn't allow me to go further once I selected that I had paid the employee previously and would be paying back taxes on them myself rather than charging those to the employee payroll. The notification wanted me to contact Quickbooks for "special handling". The problem is that the QB staff didn't seem to know what or why it was doing that and in the end basically I just had to bypass that whole question altogether to get the employee in the system and I'll have to figure out the previous taxes come tax time. This was like a 2 week process of asking QB repeatedly about this issue. The last con is the software's insistence to have me running payroll on the same day as the end of the pay period. I've never worked anywhere that did this and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense considering you don't have the hours for that last day yet. But nonetheless, I cannot find any option to change this and I end up waiting a week later, then running payroll, but the software ends up changing the pay date to the previous pay date after a couple of days, so my records are off. This has been the single most frustrating part of the software and nobody seems to know how to modify this particular aspect of it.

Quickbooks Online is Robust Software

Reviewed on 02/07/2019
Dane J.
Owner/Operator
Financial Services, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, QBO is wonderful software for bookkeepers, accountants, and small business owners. It is arguably the most powerful and robust software on the market, and is priced fairly well. Its integrations with other pieces of software and/or websites that small business owners use is second-to-none, and I am glad Intuit continues to work on that area. I would only say that support's knowledge of their own product is incredibly limited in my experience, and they need to stick by their pricing instead of releasing a few new features every year that have marginal actual use and claiming they need to raise prices because of them.

Pros: I love QBO - their software just works! I own a bookkeeping firm and nearly all of our clients use QBO. Nearly all bookkeeping activities can be completed, including accounts payable/receivable, financial statements, journal entries, bank reconciliations, sales tax, and even payroll. I find our clients want us to use QBO and they are eager to learn it. Along those lines, it is an easy piece of software to teach someone how to use, but still packs many robust features.

Cons: Two items: 1) The Intuit QBO customer service needs work, and lots of it. I have only web-chatted with them on three occasions, and on all three occasions, I solved the problem myself before the support agent could find a solution. A company as big as Intuit should know that their support agents need to be MORE knowledgeable than the end-user. In my experience, this is rarely the case. Possibly more training is necessary? 2) Intuit keeps raising monthly subscription prices on their QBO products. In using them for just about five years now, I have gone through five price increases/changes for their QBO Essentials and QBO Plus products, and an additional two on Intuit/Quickbooks Payroll (their payroll increases actually caused me to switch to another provider). Watch your e-mail for notifications diligently.

Buyer Beware

Reviewed on 02/05/2019
Cornelius H.
Managing Member
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The online version is a decent product but I am sure there are other online accounting software packages that provide the same or much more. Dealing with the online accountant customer service department is a total waste of time. Their management team seems to be concerned with their numbers more than customer appreciation. Terrrrrible! My advice: "Buyer beware!"

Pros: The ability to assign classes in creating rules for the electronic bank transaction imports. The desktop version does not offer that function. It's sad because I know that if the QuickBooks Online software code writers can create that functionality in the online version, then they certainly should be able to create that functionality for the desktop versions which most subscribers have been using for decades now.

Cons: The unexpected price hikes on your account without formal notification or fair warning. Quickbooks has probably been the worst software vendor in that they always find a way to raise your rates by using creative and deceptive means such as switching online account holders and their client accounts to the Advanced Online version as a trial run without the account holders authorization. They leave the burden on the account holder to cancel the Advanced version trail for each of their online client accounts, which most account holders are not even aware that their clients have been switched. Terrrrrible! I'm sure there are laws that prohibit this type of deceptive behavior. Currently I am switching most of my clients back to the desktop versions until I can find an alternative Accounting software that my clients and I can appreciate.

Gets the job done-- but very buggy.

Reviewed on 03/10/2018
Anna H.
Lower School Science Teacher
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: QuickBooks online has its weaknesses and bugs. However, after my research I think it's the best option out there for now.

Pros: Quickbooks is easy to "plug in" and go... You can use their templates and basic accounts and set up your own accounting system in no time. I had no bookkeeping or accounting experience before using QuickBooks Online, and I was proficient after about 6 months of part-time use. Having an accountant log-in is so helpful in today's world so many people are working from home/ traveling/ etc. It is indispensable for my organization to have an online accounting platform that I, my organization's volunteer treasurer, and our hired accountant can all access from our home computers. As a non-profit organization that only pays a tiny amount of sales tax, that portion of the software is very functional and is one fewer thing I have to deal with. I do not use payroll through this system, so I cannot comment on the functionality of that portion.

Cons: The bugs in the software (accounts that won't delete, messing up check numbers, etc) are the most annoying part of using QuickBooks Online for me. If you are a small team, you can just work around them and you eventually learn what they are, but it is repeatedly annoying. Their customer service is weak, but there are lots of affordable training courses that can fill in those gaps as you use the program. I sometimes wish that Quickbooks Online were MORE customizable (i.e. allow you to delete certain generic accounts), and I sometimes wish it were LESS customizable (journal entries can be numbered ANYTHING which confuses me). Overall, I think it allows me to do most of what I need to do in bookkeeping for my non-profit.

Lesser of two evils

Reviewed on 27/07/2018
Boram chris K.
Co-Founder/Educational Consultant
Education Management, 13-50 Employees
Customer Support

Pros: I am not an accounting professional but with a basic understanding of accounting principal, I have been able to use this software to organize my company for the last 10 years. I have made the switch in 2014 to the online version of it. It lets me to use the software anywhere including mobile device and I have been very happy with all the updates Intuit has been making last 3-4 years.

Cons: Everything about customer service. As a long time user, I know the infamous reputation of Intuit at every level. This is one of the SO MANY experiences I had: I had one issue that persisted since 2014. It was a simple issue, but it also caused me some great inconvenience. So I had been contacting them every now and then and the issue was not resolved until recently in 2018. It turned out to be it was as simple as clearing cache. However, every time I called, I had to explain the situation as if it's never been recorded, follow their instruction to do the troubleshooting, then they were puzzled how that happened, and then say that 'someone' will follow up. And THAT NEVER HAPPENED. I got so fed up and had to be on the phone more than 4 hours to a point that the issue was escalated to the presidents' office. I was told that there was a glitch in the system that I had to move to a new account. As they moved my data to a new account, I found out that it won't move credit card or social security info. As I was preparing for the final move, I realized that they have been charging me double. I requested to refund or extend the membership, but they did it again - made me wait for 1-2 hours, told me that I'll speak to a floor manager, then just transfer to another dpt- ALL THE TACTICS TO DISCOURAGE TO find the solution for the issue. Finally, they 'concluded' not to extend the membership with an excused made up they cannot provide in written permission. NEVER HAD SUCH BAD EXPERIENCE.

QBO has been a game changer for my business, but I have a few complaints.

Reviewed on 07/06/2017
Randi H.
Customer Support

Pros: I converted from QB Desktop Pro to QBO about a year ago, and it has been a game changer for me. Some pros: 1. The design is much more aesthetically pleasing and intuitive than QB Desktop. I now feel comfortable doing my own reconciliations rather than paying a bookkeeper, as it is much more natural than the steps required before. 2. I can easily add users and therefore don't need to pass the file back and forth. Before, I'd forget that my bookkeeper is working on my file and would make changes, which caused big problems. This is no longer an issue. 3. I can login anywhere. 4. The apps are a big deal for me. For example, I have an app called "Importer Pro" which allows me to import the schedule from my scheduling software. It then automatically generates and invoice for my clients, and it could also automatically generate an invoice for my independent contractors based on the work they do. This saves me about 25 hours per week. I could not have done this with QB Desktop.

Cons: There are two main (and large) problems I've found: 1. You cannot revert your company. So if you make a big error, or a disgruntled employee with QBO access logs in and messes everything up, there is no going back. That's a big issue. Luckily, it has not been a problem for us yet. 2. If you need to edit a past invoice, it deletes the description and changes the hour to 1. This became a problem for me when I realized that the line items were not mapped to the client, and I needed to change the "product/service" to something that is mapped to the client. Previously, I was using a generic term in "product/service" for all clients, not realizing it was an issue. However, I cannot go back through my past invoices and change the product/service because it will delete the description and edit the hours, which is way too time consuming to deal with. I have thousands of line items that are not mapped to the client. I reported both of these issues to QBO. Asked to talk to a supervisor after the first person was very unhelpful and clearly not trained well. The supervisor said he would talk to the development team and call me back within 48 hours. That was months ago and of course, no call. Disappointing.