15 years helping British businesses

United Kingdom Local product

NetSupport DNA Reviews

4.8 (12) Write a Review! United Kingdom Local product

About NetSupport DNA

Effective IT Asset Management and Reporting tools to maximise your IT investment while saving you time and money.

Learn more about NetSupport DNA

Pros:

This is one of the best tools in this category that I have found and used.

Cons:

A little difficult to deploy software packages.

NetSupport DNA ratings

4.8
5.0
4.8
4.9

9.4/10

NetSupport DNA has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 12 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used NetSupport DNA before?

Gregg
Gregg
Desktop Support in US
Glass, Ceramics & Concrete, 201–500 Employees

Great tool

Comments: Data about my environment.

Pros:

I like that DNA gives me a lot of information that I need and not too much of the stuff I don't. Keep it simple. We are mostly using it to track inventory of hardware and software, easy to take a quick look of browsing activity (better than my firewall), The USB lockdown is simple to setup and use. This is one of the best tools in this category that I have found and used.

Cons:

Reports can be a little tricky to create or figure out, not as intuitive as the rest of the software. However this is my go-to tool for general data in my environment.

Paul
ICT Network Manager in UK
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

DNA a way of tracking devices

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Keeping track of devices, software and users

Cons:

When we first bought DNA it wasn't available in a bundle with School & Notify, but now it is.

Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

An Asset Management System You Should Try

Comments: Overall, my experience has been good. Support has been quick to help when I've needed. We originally kept all of assets in a spreadsheet. Moving to this system was great because now we can see at a glance what we have and how its all running and gives you the options to drill down and run reports.

Pros:

What we liked most about the service was all of the information you get and you don't have to go to each individual machine. You can see logins and logouts, computer resources, lists of running applications, and you can even block USB drives from being plugged in and run on certain computers.

Cons:

Installation wasn't very straight forward. I had tried myself and failed and had to contact support so that they could remote in and set everything. The same also happened on the last update. One function that I would have loved to used but can't was the mobile app for scanning QR codes and bring up the computer info. It's been almost a year and the developers aren't sure why it's not working.

Sam
Network and Systems Engineer in UK
Textiles, 51–200 Employees

Game changing!

Comments: USB storage management was very helpful and has saved us a lot of time overall as it's very easy to use.We check daily reports on User Internet usage along with application usage, this is great for company security.

Pros:

Internet usage reports, application usage reports, USB storage blocking

Cons:

It can be a little time consuming to set up initially but the support is very helpful

Bob
IT Infrastructure Analyst in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201–500 Employees

NetSupport DNA usage

Pros:

Easy to use. Love the Explorer feature to see if someone is actively using their PC. I use it to check/verify PC MAC's, serial number, and software installed on it.

Cons:

A little difficult to deploy software packages.

Craig
Programmer in US
Government Administration, 501–1,000 Employees

A great piece of software

Comments: It's a great companion software for any tech support shop. It's great to have all that information on your users at your fingertips.

Pros:

The ability to pull up any PC and get an in depth report on software, hardware, what they are browsing on the web and even what they are doing right now.

Cons:

Updates are little cumbersome on the server and client. Reporting is ok but not having the option to create a custom report with the data you want to see is a bit annoying, shouldn't be stuck with just the default reporting queries.

Riad
Director in Venezuela
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Complete control of all your system

Comments: Hardware and Software inventory plus system alerts for any changes

Pros:

With this software is easy to control a lot of variables on your intranet clients such a internet traffic, USB port Control, software and hardware client inventory, alerts and much more. This is a much have software in any company no matter the size and especially when combined with Microsoft Active Directory.

Cons:

It has some lag due to the Database response when have too much time unattended. impossible to delete an registered PC client that don't belong to the organization anymore.

Rob
Principal Risk Analyst in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Great product with many uses

Pros:

We use it for tracking assets and patient kiosks. We also track basic usage of these machine. We also use them for monitoring employees if they are on probation or monitoring from legal/hr during work matters

Cons:

Nothing. easy to use and never had a problem with the software

Tracie
IT Specialist in US
, 201–500 Employees

We love the product and it has made monitoring our network so much easier.

Comments: Hardware and software monitoring and alerts.

Pros:

I like the customization alerts on the product. It is not only easy to see the hardware that is on our network, but the software installed as well.

Cons:

The only thing I would like to see the product do is show a profile of a user while logged in. Mainly mapped drives.

Kriss
Kriss
Director of Technology & Systems in US

Easy to use for our purposes.

Pros:

Easy to network to users. I liked the ability to "see" what they see. Was able to use the software to teach users how to navigate network and use features of specific software. Easy to access information about our systems as we moved in-house networking to a remote service.

Cons:

We are a small company (under 20 users). Many features included in software were not applicable to us. Navigating through all the features to see what was applicable was confusing at first.

Jeremy
IT Director in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

We've been using DNA for about 3 years. It give a very comprehensive look at each client machine!

Comments: Comprehensive view into the hardware and software on our network!

Pros:

What DNA gives us is a comprehensive look at all of the vitals on any computer in our network. We don't need to rely on the user to give us information...we can just look at DNA. Excellent bang for the buck!!!

Ravi
Director in UK
, 51–200 Employees

Great Product

Comments: Great feature, really like the Power management system , helps cut cost, well received by the Senior management