• Overall
    4.9/5

About SmartSlides

Modern slideshow maker that produces a captivating and impressive photo presentation for clients.

Learn more about SmartSlides

Director of Photography
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2019

"The easiest way to blow your clients away "

Comments: Love it! Had animoto for a while but I like this much better as a platform. My client love it!

Pros: I love how simple and quick it was to get a slideshow up and running! The price was a huge selling point too. Nothing else out there can compete with what this does.

Cons: Some of the templates don't fit my style right out of the box. With that said, It's incredibly easy to make them work

• Reviewed on 25/09/2019
Venkata rajesh P.
  • Reviewed on 02/08/2019

"Make slideshows real fast"

Comments: It's a fast and intuitive software to design slideshows. You can make one in less than 10 minutes. In our case, limited music options works for us as we prefer speed (making minimal choices). Our clients love these when they receive it. For prospective clients, the slideshows make a huge impact.

Pros: Fast and intuitive software
Beat matching

Cons: Music license of some songs in the collection expired and they were replaced with new ones.

• Reviewed on 02/08/2019
Kimberly G.
  • Reviewed on 04/10/2019

"Neat Idea but Lacks Functionality"

Comments: I was initially making these for brides but am switching as there are only a few songs worth using.

Pros: I purchased because I loved the idea of beat matching slideshows.

Cons: Limited music, functionality, and locked in contracts.

• Reviewed on 04/10/2019
Heather S.

"Game Changer"

Comments: I can deliver a slide show in minutes, whereas publishing an entire gallery can take several hours. This means when I have promised to deliver the wedding I can easily do so without relying so much on my computer power and smart slides does not tie up Lightroom ..so I can continue to work on other projects

Pros: The software is super easy to use and you can make a slide show in minutes that is also rendered and ready for sharing in minutes...You can easily edit it too once it has been sent out which is great. Sharing a wedding story via a slide show is the perfect way to present photographs in a curated and thoughtful sequence.. Wedding photography is so much more than just photography these days ...it's capturing the story and every little detail of their day and as a photographer I want to invoke all the feelings and emotions in my images and for my clients to see the full story of their day, even , shoot etc. So, by delivering a slide show you are guiding your client to look at the photographs in the order you have curated them into ..thus ensuring they experience what you have created

Cons: That you cannot edit on mobile or tablets and I would also like to have more control over changing the pace of the transitions for different sections of each song even. (it does do beat matching)

Brian V.
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2019

"It just works, and I love it. "

Pros: The amount of hours it has saved me compared to other similar software is a huge bonus. A slideshow is the final stage in a long edit, and while it is one of the most important parts of delivering photographs, once you get around to it you are exhausted. SmartSlides has turned this part of the process into something effortless. I can find the music I need, make a few easy edits if I choose to re-arrange or delete/add images, and publish the slideshow in very little time. It's integration with my gallery system (Pic-Time) has been a total game-changer as well. SmartSlides generates a link which Pic-Time recognizes, and a simple copy+paste later, my gallery has a gorgeous slideshow for my clients to start their journey through hundreds of photos with. Years ago, this process took me 3 hours. I'd be hard-pressed to take longer then 30 minutes.

Cons: Any cons I had about the software has all been updated over the years.

Elicia B.
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2019

"SmartSlides is my favorite piece of my workflow "

Comments: Great customer service, amazing software, please never stop, guys!

Pros: SmartSlides is the answer to the complaints of literally every wedding photographer I know about how hard slideshows are to put together and deliver to clients. They make it so easy, so smooth, and so fun to create slideshows. Most photographers understand that showing your favorite images to the client before giving them their full gallery is an amazing way to make their experience so much better than just delivering a gallery of images. I give a slideshow to every single client and I don’t know how I would do it if I didn’t have SmartSlides. I love that they have built-in music to choose from, and they let you save your favorite songs which makes the whole process so much faster.

Cons: No cons that I can think of. Please keep it up, I love this product!

• Reviewed on 06/08/2019
Nathan and flora T.
Photographers
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2019

"The proper way to deliver your work"

Comments: We love that we can deliver our clients their wedding as an experience. They're not just scrolling over hundreds of photos, they're seeing a selection of the very best ones we chose, with music, rythm and pace. They're enjoying at it's best.

Pros: SmartSlides itself it's pretty straight forward: an easy way to build your Slides. The positive thing about it: they look incredibly good. Not only well-designed, but easy for clients to access, play and download. One of the coolest features is that you can edit as many times you want. So if there's a photo you want to take out, you can do it anytime and as many times you'd like.

Cons: The music list provided and free of rights is still very poor. Not in quantity, but in quality. They're mostly just...meh. We often have to use music of our choice, which can be tricky since it's subject to the artist's label rights. We understand though it's a working progress, so since they're always improving, we can expect this list to get better and better overtime.

• Reviewed on 13/07/2019
Carlos E.
Destination Wedding Photographer
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2019

"Best Photo Slideshow Software for Photographers"

Comments: Smartslides give me an easy way to make a professional slideshow for my clients.

Pros: Easy to use because of the simple design. It took me less time to understand how it works due to the intuitive interface. Now, I enjoy designing my slideshows.

Cons: I totally love the software, but I have to mention something... it will be that music library might feel a little short after using the software for years. Good news, is that they are constantly adding new music and renewing license of the favorite tracks. So, its not a big deal, and if you have already licensed tracks, you could add them to your own personal library!!!

• Reviewed on 26/10/2019
Morgan R.
Owner, Photographer
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2019

"Best slideshow software available!"

Comments: We've had the best experience with SmartSlides and it has been a game changer for our team in regards to overall presentation and efficiency.

Pros: It's so incredibly functional and smooth. Love it

Cons: There's nothing that I would change about SmartSlides.

• Reviewed on 08/11/2019
Danelle B.
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2019

"An easy and streamlined software"

Comments: I love the impact that make a slideshow creates for my business the first time my clients sees their wedding and the ease that smartslides makes this happen is so worth it to do it for every single client.

Pros: How straight forward it is to use and how effective it is for clients to see their images to music for the first time.

Cons: I struggle mostly with the music selection on the software

• Reviewed on 07/12/2019
Jessica H.

"INCREDIBLE Slideshows!!!"

Comments: My clients love the slideshows and I love making them! I also make them for local vendors with their own logos as a slide to use a vendor gift.

Pros: Love the ease of use, the stylish design the playback options and the beat-matching ability.

Cons: The music expires sometimes as the music is rights-managed.

Kelly R.
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2019

"SmartSlides is hands down my FAV way to show off images to my clients!"

Comments: Overall - I have not found a better or easier to use slideshow program...and I've looked! Truly, I love what SmartSlides has done for my business.

Pros: It is SO quick and easy to make amazing slideshow presentations. The ability to Beat Match is also fantastic! I use this for every single client, and it's such a great way to share and show off images. In fact, this is the first thing clients will see when they receive their images, and I couldn't be happier with it!

Cons: Honestly, nothing! Sometimes the music will change from time to time as agreements with artists expire or change. But they keep adding new music, and there are loads of options to select from. Or, you can always upload your own music too.

• Reviewed on 09/07/2019
Haley S.
Owner/Photographer

"Easy Slideshow Software!"

Comments: I provide a slideshow for each of my wedding clients following their wedding - it's the first time that they see a lot of their wedding images. I love that the slideshow is shareable and downloadable, and that it's so easy for me to use! I enjoy the ability to 'heart' my favourite songs to use at a later time, and I find the song selection reasonable.

Pros: I love how easy it is to use - drag and drop the images, choose your music, and you're ready to go!

Cons: Re-organizing images can be a bit of a pain, but I'm sure that's the same with any other slideshow software. The beat-matching of the music isn't always great for what I want - I prefer to have a reasonably long time per image, and the beat matching shortens that sometimes.

David T.
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2019

"Makes creating albums so easy and fast forward!"

Comments: It's fantastic and our costumer love the simple feedback option. It makes it so fast forward!

Pros: We love everything about Pixellu! Their software and services are fantastic and super simple to use. It improves our daily work a lot!

Cons: There is really nothing to complain about!

Henry T.
  • Reviewed on 07/07/2019

"I use smartslides for every WEDDING"

Comments: I use Smart Slides for every single wedding and elopement I photograph. The ability to add music to these beautiful photos bring the whole event to life. My clients love the feelings of being able to re-live their special day in a whole different way. I also want to give a big shoutout to the team behind these amazing products from Pixellu. Either email or facebook group, there's always someone there to answer everything I asked. Thank you so much Whether you're a wedding photographer or newborn photographer, I 100% recommend you looking into Smartslides :)

Pros: How easy it is to add my photos to the slideshow and how easy it is to choose a song so that the photo transition would match with the beat. It is so easy to use. It is so good looking. And my clients love it

Cons: I would love to see more music and maybe the ability to add GIFs as well instead of only jpegs

• Reviewed on 07/07/2019
Katch S.
Photographer/Owner
  • Reviewed on 03/07/2019

"Easy and quick"

Pros: I like how easy and quick it is to use. When I'm getting ready to make slideshows for my clients, it's almost the last step in my long workflow and I don't want to get slowed down with glitchy software or a slow process. Smartslides is super easy to use and I can build my slideshows quickly and efficiently.

Cons: I personally sometimes wish they had more intrumental-only music to choose from, but I'm a weirdo who prefers no lyrics in slideshow music. They add new stuff all the time though, so it's not really a big issue for me.

• Reviewed on 03/07/2019
Bruno R.
Bruno Rezza
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2019

"Amazing Slides"

Comments: I've had a great experience! It reduced the time I had to put in to make slideshows drastically by half or more.

Pros: I really like that it is super easy to use and that in 30 minutes or less you are finished and can send it to your clients. Your clients can then download the slideshow and I think that's a great feature.

Cons: Perhaps the grid of the images is quite small, If the images shown on the slideshow was larger it would be much greater.

• Reviewed on 19/07/2019
Matthew S.
photographer
  • Reviewed on 02/07/2019

"Smartslides has helped increase our client experience. We surprise our clients with slideshows and t"

Pros: Fantastic slideshow maker that contains professional features and good usability.

Cons: Impressive photo presentation for my​ clients.

Pat F.
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2019

"Engaging slideshows — fast!"

Comments: Benefit wise, we're providing engaging and creative slideshows of our favorite wedding images to our clients *before* they see the entire wedding gallery which tends to be overwhelming. We're finding we have more overall control of the client experience when we share our favorites first.

Pros: We use SmartSlides to create engaging slideshows to share our selected 'artists favorites' with our wedding couples before we deliver them the full wedding gallery.

Cons: Nothing. Works perfectly, haven't found a bug and use it weekly.

Johh michael C.
photographer

"Clean beautiful slideshows"

Comments: 've worked with lots of slideshow software and web-based services. Most seemed to be bloated with so many fancy transitions and when you produce work and look back at it after a few years they all look amateurish. Simple clean cuts and transitions are the way to go and just let your photography shine rather than show off the cutesy tumbling image transition. Since I switched to Smartslides, my slideshows are more focused on showing off my images beautifully, simply and in 4k! What more can you ask?

Pros: Simple, clean, intuitive. Most slideshow software wh

Cons: My only con would have been maybe a variety of music, but they do seem to address that and to be improving things along the way.

Jim P.
BOSS

"Bang on software"

Comments: Providing a slideshow is an amazing emotional way of telling your couples story. It combines great music with your moments to really deliver those happy tears. I fully recommend this software and making slideshow as part of your work process.

Pros: Ease of use and awesome result. Love it all.

Cons: Not much. I like to use Dark Mode for the black framing, but the featured image is normally too dark. Maybe a blend of dark and light contemporary modes would be great.

Sergio L.
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2019

"SLIDESHOWS FOR GENIUSES"

Comments: Time, time and time!!

Pros: I have been making slideshows for the last 10 years and Smart Slides is the best solution by far. It is incredibly simple to use, music choices galore, great image quality, beat sync, etc. My clients love them!!!!!!

Cons: I can't think of anything I don't like because it looks like they were thinking about what photographers really need.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2019
Ashley K.
  • Reviewed on 15/07/2019

"Business Growth 101"

Pros: My favorite thing about SmartSlides is that it allows me to showcase my work the way I want it to be seen and is an exciting way to introduce the story to our couples. Beyond that, it gets passed around and shared very quickly, which has been one of the absolute best marketing techniques we've been able to add into our workflow.

Cons: That some of my favorite songs are disappearing, though I understand that is entirely out of Pixellu's control and know they'll be adding more to hopefully become new favorites.

• Reviewed on 15/07/2019
Dennis B.
Storyteller
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2019

"The best Slideshow maker"

Comments: If you like to add slideshows or presentations to your workflow, Smartslides is a must, the best in the market! I'm using it since the launch :-)

Pros: It's easy to work with Smartslides, very intuitive.
The beat-matching works perfectly.
Custom links + 4k download, oh yeah!

Cons: Would love to adjust the size of the thumbnails

Janneke S.
Owner/operator
  • Reviewed on 04/07/2019

"Best software for slideshows!"

Comments: I absolutely love SmartSlides for delivering slideshows to my clients. I'd highly recommend this product to everyone!

Pros: Very easy to use, great features, beautifully designed, great customer service, good music choices, regularly updating the product.

Cons: Rearranging images is the only thing I find painful.

• Reviewed on 04/07/2019