15 years helping British businesses

United Kingdom Local product

Applied Reviews

4.8 (26) Write a Review! United Kingdom Local product

About Applied

Next-generation recruitment platform that focuses on quality of hire, talent pool diversity and efficiency of the hiring process.

Learn more about Applied

Pros:

The customer service team is very responsive and are able to fix issues quickly. Whenever I raise any requests or concerns in regards to the system, they are dealt with adequately.

Cons:

The UI can be a little clunky and it can be difficult to share the responses with hiring managers.

Applied ratings

4.7
5.0
4.5
4.6

9.3/10

Applied has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 26 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Applied before?

Hayley
Hayley
Head of Operations and Product in UK
Research, 11–50 Employees

An intuitive platform which improves the recruitment process for all involved

Pros:

The platform is intuitive to use and walks you through the process to make sure your hiring is efficiently done but is also focused on reducing bias in the process. We have found the use of sift questions, along with the functionality to add review guides, incredibly helpful. The applicant tracking and moving applicants between hiring stages is extremely easy and quick - it's great we can manage interviews via Applied and have this link to our GCal. The experience for applicants is positive with useful scoring being shared with every applicant so they have helpful feedback.

Cons:

Occasionally we discover a feature with a small bug (such as duplicating questions from previous interview rounds which couldn't be edited). However, the tech team are responsive and we haven't found any blockers to our use of the platform.

12 months ago

Hi Hayley, thanks for your thorough review of Applied; we're pleased you enjoy using it as much as we do! We have a brilliant engineering team who strive to fix bugs as quickly as possible, but if you come across any more, please let us know. The support team is on hand to help, and we're always looking to understand where we can improve! Thanks, Lauren

Laureece
HR Manager in UK
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

The most efficient and fair way to recruit

Comments: Be Applied has really increased my productivity and time management by having everything in one place and being able to run reports and statistics for the organisation. It was a very big cultural shift in the organisation and still for some candidates to go from CV's to a more forward thinking approach but it has definitely been for the better.

Pros:

Be Applied has completely changed the way we recruit at London Sport. Not only is it efficient but it is effective. We receive higher quality applications and we are able to use the sift questions to see a candidate's potential in the role. It also reduces barriers to any unconscious biased happening when scoring and allows more diverse people to apply knowing they are not being judged based on their sensitive data.

Cons:

If there was a notification tool that could send reminders or update us with candidates that have applied or when key milestones are coming up in the recruitment process that would be an added extra but not vital.

12 months ago

Hi Laureece, thanks for your kind review; we're thrilled that Applied works so well for you and your company. We know it can take time for people to change, but it's great that you're seeing the fruits of your labour! Thanks for the recommendation for improvement; I'll pass your comments back to our product team. Thanks, Lauren

Stuart
HR Manager in UK

Easy to use

Comments: Overall a very positive experience and know feedback from candidates is generally positive as well.

Pros:

It is very intuitive and easy to use, with good data around DEI information.

Cons:

WHilst it is good that there are regular improvements it does mean having to get used to changes on a regular basis.

12 months ago

Hi Stuart, thanks very much for your review; we're pleased you've had a positive experience with Applied. We love to continually improve our services, but we recognise that our customers must also adapt to the changes. Please do reach out to the customer success team if you need any support with any new features. Thanks, Lauren

Josh
Recruitment Officer in UK
International Trade & Development, 51–200 Employees

Big thumbs up from Comic Relief

Comments: Be applied has a been an incredibly useful and user friendly tool to help ensure that we are recruiting on a bias free basis. While there have been a few growing pains... we have been successful in increasing the number of diverse applicants.

Pros:

I love that emphasis on removing bias from the recruitment process and how much the system guides you in doing so! The support from the team is absolutely top notch! very impressed

Cons:

Data - I wished that the data could be clearer for our purposes. I.e separating international/national candidates. Though I understand the reasoning for not showing the Protective characteristics for candidates it would be useful for my reporting purposes. It would be ideal if this information is only accessible by the lead admin.

12 months ago

Hello Josh, we are delighted to hear that you've been successful in using Applied and that your experience with our support team has been positive. We aim to provide you with as much support as you need. I will make sure to pass on your feedback to the product team. We continuously review and improve our reporting capabilities and how we break down data; whilst ensuring our data treatment meets the highest security and ethical use principles. As a result, we offer ready-to-use reports about diversity drop-offs, quality of sourcing, candidate and hiring team satisfaction and multiple other parameters. Additionally, we provide a way to download the raw data for independent analysis using whatever analysis tools our customers work with. Thanks, Lauren

Nikita
Co-founder & Director in UK
Venture Capital & Private Equity, 2–10 Employees

A software every single company hiring should be using!

Comments: I definitely think the platform is a 10/10, however even beyond the product is the customer service and after care – the core ethos of the company. This was our first time using Applied and the team beyond above and beyond to help, understand and provide valuable suggestions. In particular, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were there every single step of the way, no question was too small to ask. The team’s passion for the product and making a real difference translates across the whole company. While our process was ongoing, due to the high volume and bespoke hiring, even [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] got involved to provide suggestions to ensure the whole process was as smooth and valuable it could be.

Pros:

Why it was impactful? - It allowed us to select the most diverse candidates and provided everyone with a fair chance, no matter their background, gender, ethnicity, age, education status. - The biggest asset was the ability for us to be able to provide feedback to all the candidates that applied - this was a game-changer. - The software focuses on understanding the individual, their characteristics and fit for the actual role, instead of conventional questions. - It goes beyond eliminating bias, not by just hiding the candidate name, but also any other identifying information. - Allows every single answer to be assessed individually by multiple reviewers to provide an average – this can have a huge effect whether a candidate proceeds through the process. Easy to use - We had over 30 reviewers who had never used the product and everyone found it really easy to use.

Cons:

We couldn’t use it for the next stage in the process - would love to use it the whole way through.

4 years ago

Hi Nikita, thanks so much for your kind review! We (of course) agree that the candidate feedback feature is a game-changer and are super pleased to hear that you received excellent support from the team here :) All the best, Dan

Graham
Human Resources Partner in UK
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

A really positive experience for our hiring managers!

Pros:

Applied has made us really think about our recruitment processes to ensure that they are as fair and inclusive as possible. Despite some initial hesitation, our hiring managers have come to enjoy reviewing applications based on sift questions rather than lengthy cover letters. The product team are regularly adding new features which is great in challenging us to think about alternative ways we can be assessing candidates!

Cons:

The one particular challenge that comes to mind is the time spent thinking about the design of the sift questions. We don't always get it quite right, but over time we have got better at this (and for ensuring we allow time to design these questions before going live with an advert)

12 months ago

Hi Graham, thanks for your kind review of Applied. We're pleased you've enjoyed using the software and thrilled that your hiring managers now enjoy the process too! We have a work sample workshop should you or your hiring managers want to join; just let your Customer Success Manager know. Together, we can revolutionise hiring! Thanks, Lauren

Christiana
Recruitment Manager in UK
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201–500 Employees

Love it!

Pros:

I love how user friendly Applied is. The customer service team is very responsive and are able to fix issues quickly. Whenever I raise any requests or concerns in regards to the system, they are dealt with adequately! I would definitely recommend using Applied to other recruiters!

Cons:

I would like to be able to access certain data easier.

12 months ago

Hi Christiana, we're glad that you love Applied! We're very proud of our support team; we're so happy you had a positive experience with them. Regarding your data, we offer ready-to-use reports about diversity drop-offs, quality of sourcing, candidate and hiring team satisfaction and multiple other parameters. Additionally, we provide a way to download the raw data for independent analysis using whatever analysis tools our customers work with. If there's anything else you need to access that you can't or need support downloading any data, please contact our support team: [email protected]. Thanks, Lauren

Penny
Senior Recruitment Partner in UK
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201–500 Employees

Recruitment Made Easy

Comments: Couldn't be without it, it helps me enormously manage volume campaigns in an unbiased way. I'm answerable and accountable to my organisation, so a system like this helps explain what we do and why with clear comms around DEI

Pros:

I really like all the functionality, all the steps make sense as you are posting a role. I really like the 'lightbulb' boxes, that remind you of what you've documented and potentially what that could mean, if gives you ideas for change. Its straightforward and logical.

Cons:

I wish it directly linked with my my outlook calendar

12 months ago

Hi Penny, thank you for your excellent feedback. We are delighted that our service has helped you achieve greater organisational accountability. Although the platform cannot directly access and modify team calendars, you can utilise the scheduling assistant link to generate interviews in your personal scheduling solutions (such as Outlook, Gmail, and others). This will automatically add the interviews to the Applied interview calendar and make them available as potential interview slots for candidates to schedule independently. Thanks, Lauren

Katarina
Investment Associate in Australia
Venture Capital & Private Equity, 2–10 Employees

Efficient and User-Friendly: My Positive Experience with Applied as an Interviewee

Comments: Overall, I would highly recommend BeApplied to other job seekers looking for a streamlined and effective way to apply for jobs. The platform is easy to use, provides a great opportunity to showcase your skills and experience, and offers a more personalised and engaging application experience than traditional methods.

Pros:

As an interviewee, I had a great experience using BeApplied for my job application process. The platform was user-friendly and intuitive, making it easy for me to complete my application quickly and efficiently.I appreciated the way Applied allowed me to showcase my skills and experience in a clear and organized manner, through a combination of multiple choice questions and short answers. This format gave me the opportunity to highlight my strengths and qualifications in a way that traditional resumes and cover letters do not.One of the best things about using Applied was the ability to track my progress and receive timely updates on the status of my application. This kept me informed and engaged throughout the process and helped me feel confident that my application was being reviewed in a timely and efficient manner.

Cons:

There were no elements that I didn't like - I found the entire application process to be fantastic.

12 months ago

Hi Katarina, we're glad you had such a positive experience when applying for your job and that you were able to showcase your skills in a way that the conventional way of hiring doesn't always. Thanks for reviewing Applied! We love hearing about our customer's successes, so please update your Customer Success Managers along the way! Thanks, Lauren

Anna
Director of HR in UK

Transformed our Recruitment Process

Pros:

It has been transformative in de-biasing our processes. Although we do still use the function to see and score CVs, the process of using work sample questions has made our shortlisting so much easier and fairer and quicker! It's a very sophisticated piece of software and forms a critical part of our organisation achieving its overall D&I aims.

Cons:

I wouldn't necessarily say that these are things I like the least, but it has been a challenge getting all our hiring managers onboard with this new way of managing our recruitment campaigns. It's inevitable as people can be reluctant to move away from the processes they are comfortable and familiar with.

12 months ago

Hi Anna, thanks for your lovely review. We completely understand that it can be challenging to change habits when they are ingrained in hiring processes. We offer training sessions for any hiring managers that may need more training or to talk through how Applied can help with your organisation's recruitment strategies, so please do get in touch if this would be useful. Also, we've recently introduced an anonymous CV reviewing tool which may help your recruitment campaigns; we hope you enjoy using the new feature! Thanks, Lauren

Cassia
Operations & Finance Director in UK

BeApplied Review

Pros:

The ability to generate data on our recruitment and diversity statistics, and to link that data to the different stages of the recruitment process to learn which stages may be discouraging diversity. The ability to consider the aptitude of the candidate rather than the experience.

12 months ago

Hi Cassia, thanks for the great review; we're pleased you've found using Applied beneficial. We've updated how our users can send candidate applications for anonymous review. This gives more control over allocating specific parts of the process to particular hiring managers in an automated way. If you need any help, please email our support team; they'll be more than happy to help: [email protected]. Thanks, Lauren

Kally
Recruitment Manager in UK
Publishing, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Changed the way we work for the better

Pros:

As a one person recruitment team for a large business, this platform has helped no end in automating the process in a way which meant the candidate experience was improved. We didn't want a system which made the process easier for us but less personal to the candidate, Applied covers both of these things. It's easy to use and train our employees on how to get the most out of it and I've found it to have a positive impact on diversity in those we are interviewing and hiring into the business.

Cons:

It would be great if there were additional options/features to help deal with very high numbers of applications. I'd like it if the system gave me more notifications when the jobs I post needed an action.

5 years ago

Kally - Thanks so much for your kind review! I'll pass your feedback about high volume roles and notifications onto the product team. All the best, Dan

Sara
Head of Communications and Business Development in UK
Sports, 11–50 Employees

Great product, service and results

Comments: Applied has made shortlisting significantly fairer, faster, and more enjoyable. We've attracted a broader range of applicants with fantastic skills that may have gone unnoticed in our previous experience-based application process. It has reduced administration time around interviews and enabled us to provide instant feedback to all applicants, even if they haven't made it through to interview stage. Candidates we've interviewed have told us how much they enjoyed the application process and what a great impression it gave of our organisation.

Pros:

Applied is really easy to use and it educates you as you go. Things like being able to check the gender coding and readability of job descriptions within the software are helping all hiring managers communicate in a more inclusive way. The diversity reporting provides a great snapshot of how we are doing and where we need to do better. Shortlisting is fast, easy and effective. On the rare occasion that we've got stuck on something, the support has been first class with bespoke videos walking us through how to do things.

Cons:

Integration with Indeed would be brilliant as that's one of our main sources of applicants and one of the few we still do manually.

12 months ago

Hi Sara, we're so pleased to hear that you've enjoyed using the Applied software and happy that you've had some great results! We offer an integration with thousands of job boards via Broadbean, our partner for posting roles seamlessly to thousands of job boards across locations, specialisations, and particular industries. If you have any questions about Broadbean, please contact our support team: [email protected]. Thanks, Lauren

Andrea
Global People Director in UK

Applied review

Comments: Applied have a great customer support and implementation team and I have found them to be open to feedback and I know they have made improvements by listening to customer feedback. My positive experience with the tool and the team behind it has enabled the roll out and implementation of the applied tool in more than one organisation I have worked in.

Pros:

The applied software is easy to role out and implement as it is a very intuitive tool to support recruitment. The global reporting feature is great as it helps you to understand and gain insights into your diversity pool at each stage of the hiring process as well as feedback from candidates. The dashboard makes it easy to filter between open and closed jobs and you can create your own filters relevant to your hiring team.

Cons:

Getting the work sample questions right for your context takes some time to understand and get right with your hiring managers.

12 months ago

Hi Andrea, thanks for the fab review; we love improving our software to help organisations transform their hiring. We have some great work sample workshops should you or your hiring managers ever want any help thinking about what questions to ask, please let your Customer Success Manager know if you would like any support. Thanks, Lauren

Richard
Chief Executive in UK
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Intuitive system that has improved our recruitment processes and candidate visibility

Comments: We implemented Applied to reduce unconscious bias within our recruitment processes and to provide a more objective means of assessing potential candidates. The ability to involve a wide range of colleagues in the selection process while maintaining candidate anonymity has been received very positively. We also value the ease with which unsuccessful candidates receive feedback automatically.

Pros:

Anonymous sifting of candidates with input from a home-based workforce.

Cons:

System user permissions could be simplified.

12 months ago

Hi Richard, we're thrilled that Applied has helped your company's recruitment goals, helping reduce bias along the way. Reviewing anonymised work sample answers can be a fun part of hiring. Thanks for the review and feedback; I'll let the product team know your comments. We've recently done some work to simplify user permissions while allowing sufficient levels of customisation for how different organisations like to involve their teams in hiring. As we cater for a broad range of customers, we enable customers to have different levels of access to the process and the data throughout to ensure we meet differing data and privacy needs across organisations. Thanks, Lauren

Adam
Partner in Australia
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

Outstanding!

Comments: We highly recommend Applied to any company looking to streamline their recruitment process and find top talent. The platform's advanced features, commitment to diversity and inclusion, and exceptional customer support make it a standout choice in the crowded HR tech landscape.

Pros:

Applied consistently surfaces amazing candidates who would otherwise be overlooked

Cons:

My least favourite part is the purchase process, I'd like to be able just buy online

12 months ago

Hi Adam, thanks so much for your kind review. We are glad you have had some exceptional candidates come through. We understand that you'd prefer the purchase process online, but as some of the product options are configurable, we need to ensure they suit customers' needs and can be set up to provide maximum value. Because of this, our account managers are the best placed to help customers join Applied. Thanks, Lauren

Josh
Technology Business Partner in US
Human Resources, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great Job Description Analysis tool and partnership

Pros:

I love the ease of use. Being able to copy a JD over into the software, see the concerning areas as flagged by the JD Analysis tool, edit and refine the JD and then be able to see a difference in the scoring helps provide great oversight to hiring managers.

Cons:

There have been some areas where I feel the tool could improve, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]e and team have been great at having regular meetings with us to address our concerns. We asked for the option to hover over words to see alternate words, they implemented that. We asked for the ability to ignore words, they built that. We asked to have the ability to export and it is now something being developed.

4 years ago

Thanks for this amazing review, Josh! We're always seeking to improve and build upon our products and really appreciate all of your feedback thus far. All the best, Dan

Dan
Partner in Australia
Investment Management, 2–10 Employees

Ecotone Partners

Comments: Experience has been excellent. Responsive team. The main thing is it really helped with our workflow and we were able to run a really efficient process and ended up with hires we were really happy with.

Pros:

Helps to build a really well defined process.Gets people to buy into the position description and the questions we are asking candidates.Totally on board with it helping to filter the best candidates via the review processCommunications with candidates is super easy and we feel like we are able to communicate fairly with people in a really efficient way.

Cons:

I had to commit to a minimum number of licences when we are only a small team. We are unlikely to use all of them which will make renewal a more difficult choice. Doesn't feel like the product is well suited to smaller businesses.

12 months ago

Hi Dan, thanks for your kind review; we're pleased you've had a positive experience with us! Thanks for the pricing feedback; I'll let the team know as we constantly strive to enhance our services. Thanks, Lauren

Kim
Operations Manager in UK

Hubbub Review

Pros:

The support provided from Applied is second to none; whether that be training videos, training sessions or direct support from their team. We've also had some great candidate experiences and the ability to blind rate questions, has helped us remove a huge amount of bias from our recruitment process and ultimately end up with great candidates!

Cons:

Some of the features can be a bit tricky to get used to at first, but once you've done a few roles, becomes much easier.

12 months ago

Hi Kim, thanks for your lovely review! We've recently introduced anonymising candidate CVs, which will hopefully continue to remove bias from your processes. As always, our support team is here to help should you need them. Thanks, Lauren

Mohibullah
HR and Office Coordinator in UK
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

One of the best ATS in the market

Comments: Applied has a very unique way of recruiting which is to test candidates on their skills rather then their CVs. Applied replied to all our needs with anonymisation of data for a bias free and transparent recruiting. Its very advanced EDI analytics that helps every HR to see how that have recruited and whether they see a pattern caused by any bias. The platform tracks applicants from the first stage when they apply to all way the end and keeps them engaged by its automated features to complete their application.

Pros:

Its unique and anonymous way of recruiting and tracking applicants and its easy built in features and reports making it very efficient and easy to use.

Cons:

The price of the software, limited job posting, few number of job boards.

12 months ago

Hi Mohibullah, thanks for your kind review; we're so pleased that we were able to meet your needs! We've integrated with Broadbean to offer our customers thousands of job boards across various locations, fields, and specific specialities. If you need any support with this integration, please get in touch with the support team - [email protected]. Thanks, Lauren

Bec
Executive Assistant in Australia

Review

Comments: Applied is a great platform, I personally used it to apply for my job and found it such an easy and relaxing experience. I have also used it for recruiting people, which was just as easy.

Pros:

Applied is User friendly, easy and simple to use.

Cons:

when writing your own questions for applicants, sometimes it won't formate dot points properly.

12 months ago

Hi Bec, thanks for your review. We're pleased to hear of your positive holistic review of Applied, having used it in your job and using it to get your job - that's awesome! Also, thanks for the feedback regarding the formatting of Sift questions. We use standard auto-formatting, using markdown language. If you need any support with how this works, our support team is always happy and ready to help: [email protected]. Thanks, Lauren

Sadie
Director of Culture & Performance in UK
Food & Beverages, 501–1,000 Employees

Delivering greater benefit

Comments: We've dramatically reduced unconcious bias from our recruiting but we've also improved the quality of hire. Candidates have been interviewed who would not have been put through based on CV alone. Recruiting managers have had to put more thought into what they are really looking for in the ideal candidate and reviewers are relishing being part of the process.

Pros:

Simple to use and offers great candidate experiences

Cons:

Took longer than anticipated to achieve cultural change within recruiting teams

12 months ago

Hi Sadie, thanks for your great review! We love that recruiting managers have been enjoying the process so much. We know that change can be challenging to get used to, but we're thrilled to see that it's made such a positive change for your company! Thanks, Lauren

Rachel
Office Manager in New Zealand
Alternative Dispute Resolution, 11–50 Employees

UDL review

Comments: We have only done 1 hirer so far through Applied, but it was awesome, we had really great feedback too. It was great that we could go into interviews with no preconceived ideas about the person we really got to know them based on their skills alone. Our [sensitive content hidden] was fully on board not looking at the successful applicant's CV until after the hire.

Pros:

Very easy to use, support has been great.

Cons:

Nothing I think it's great, easy to use

12 months ago

Hi Rachel, it's great to hear you've had such a positive start using Applied; thanks for letting us know! We'd love to hear about any more successes you have in your journey with Applied - please let your Customer Success Manager know. Thanks, Lauren

Anna
Policy and Partnerships Manager in UK
Civic & Social Organization, 2–10 Employees

BeApplied review

Comments: Great so far - easy to use and fantastic customer experience

Pros:

Very straightforward and easy to use - makes recruiting both simpler, more efficient and enjoyable!

Cons:

Some features are a bit annoying (like hyperlinks not opening in different tabs - meaning applicants are taken away from their application). The formatting of the application could be a bit more attractive.

5 years ago

Anna - Thanks for the positive review! We're working on some design updates to the app but I'll add your feedback to our system for the product team to review :) All the best, Dan

Joshua
Recruiting Specialist in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Applied Text Editor

Comments: Applied is great! It's our go-to-tool to ensure our job descriptions as inclusive as possible.

Pros:

Applied makes it easy for us to identify gender-biased words and offers suggestions to replace them.

Cons:

I wish the software offered a greater number of suggested replacement words that were more contextually accurate.

4 years ago

Hi Joshua, thanks so much for your positive review! I've passed your feedback on the number of suggested words to the product team for review. Thanks again! Dan