15 years helping British businesses

About SafeShare.tv

SafeShare.tv removes advertisements and other unwanted distractions, so that YouTube and Vimeo videos can be viewed safely.

Learn more about SafeShare.tv

Pros:

Integration was as easy as pasting a link. SafeShare.tv is a valuable tool in my classroom.

Cons:

The hyperlinks to safeshare videos no longer work due to this feature.

SafeShare.tv ratings

4.6
4.5
4.5
4.4

9.1/10

SafeShare.tv has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 1,718 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used SafeShare.tv before?

Filter reviews (1,718)

Brian
Brian
System Administrator in Kenya

Be safe with SafeShare.tv

Comments: SafeShare.tv is a safe program that makes youtube free from ads when sharing videos or watching.
It is also free to create an account in SafeShare.tv. Lastly, it has an intuitive user interface that is user-friendly.
It is the best program to get off those many disturbing ads on youtube and other sites. I highly recommend it.

Pros:

It is simple and easy to use. It gets rid of unwanted ads thereby for safe viewing. easy to download videos without being disturbed by ads and other distractions. It is absolutely free to sign up with SafeShare.tv. you can edit youtube videos safely and share it with your peers without advertisements.

Cons:

It sometimes hides the videos that are appropriate and thus you might end up not viewing the videos and ads you intended to view.

zeghoudi
programing assistance in Algeria
Security & Investigations, 51–200 Employees

what a safe share !

Comments: What an amazing experience. If you are looking for safe viewing, this is the best. I loved the platform’s algorithm regarding clips suitable for children. Thank you, keep it up.

Pros:

what i like about this platform is the system SafeViews

Cons:

Maybe the external appearance of the platform

Josh
E-Learning, 501–1,000 Employees

Simple Ad-Free Video Sharing Platform

Comments: SafeShare.tv has always been a reliable product for cleaning up and editing video links. It has gotten more clunky over the last few years, but it can still be counted on to get the job done, especially if you are willing to pay for the premium subscription.

Pros:

SafeShare.tv is a simple, quick way of cleaning up videos. What I like most about it is that I can snag a YouTube link, drop it into SafeShare, quickly select the custom start and end times for the video, then post the link for my students, all while avoiding any ads or pop ups. There is a free version that allows for about ten saved videos, but these can easily be deleted and changed out when needed.

Cons:

SafeShare.tv can be a little clunky at times. There have been instances in which I've tried to upload a video and it just fails repeatedly with no explanation. With the inclusion of the premium account (like with anything else), using the free account has gotten more restricted and cumbersome. If you are willing to invest in a full subscription, it is really a nice product. Otherwise, with the free account it is a usable, relatively-reliable product.

Gloria
Gloria
K-5 Elementary Music Specialist in US
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

SafeShare is an amazing tool for educators

Comments: The site is very easy to use. Links are easy to embed or use in lessons and share with colleagues, students, or parents. I love how SafeShare protects me from accidentally showing inappropriate videos that can pop up on YouTube or other video sourcing apps.

Pros:

I like the ease of use this software provides. I teach K-5 General music. I embed a lot videos for my classes. SafeShare allows me to not worry about unexpected pop up adds or sponsored videos in the middle of an example I’m using. It helps protect my students.

Cons:

The free account limits you to 20 videos.

ivana
ivana
Calivita menager in Croatia
Food Production, 501–1,000 Employees

Safe share is the best

Pros:

A share with my children what they need to watch

Cons:

They dont have school project math or scientse

Tyler Jae
Tyler Jae
Associate Principal, Wayzata High School in US
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Solution to utilizing YouTube in the digital classroom

Comments: Our overall experience with SafeShare has been outstanding. We use it regularly and the feedback has been positive.

Pros:

SafeShare.tv is the solution that we were looking for when it came to allowing teachers to continue to use YouTube videos within their lessons. We had complaints about distractions, both from students and parents, and SafeShare allowed us to minimize these distractions in a student and teacher friendly view. The SafeShare tool is extremely easy to use and has become our go-to for preventing unnecessary content from displaying within lessons.

Cons:

Occasionally there has been a challenge with extracting Vimeo videos into the SafeShare tool. We have experienced this very few times though; SafeShare is reliable.

Education Management, 11–50 Employees

A very nice viewing experience.

Comments: Video sharing without any privacy or ad blocker is really very good for productivity. Some times this is very important not to have any unwanted video in the playlist.

Pros:

I like the idea of sharing without any kind of recommendations, which is very awkward when not showing the relevant content. I don't have any problem with the advertisement which also helps me and some creators to provide great content. But as a teacher, some time ads are distractive to my slideshow and some time it is appropriate. Start and end time set for a video is not a great feature for me but it's useful in some use cases.

Cons:

It has ads blocker and does not show ads. So no monetization is possible. Creating a playlist is not very straight forward. A drag and drop feature will be great.

Amber
Amber
Primary/Secondary Education, 51–200 Employees

Great tool for Educators!

Comments: I love using SafeShare.tv in my classroom. We us it almost daily to watch YouTube videos that are ad free. Sometimes the ads on YouTube are distracting or inappropriate for 1st graders and this allows my class to view videos that enhance our learning and keeps us engaged and connected to the material we are learning. I would definitely recommend SafeShare.tv to any teacher looking for a way to safely view YouTube videos in your classroom.

Pros:

Easy to use Safe for the classroom Watch YouTube videos ad free!

Cons:

No cons yet! If there were any, the pros definitely outweigh them.

Traci
Traci
Technology Integration Specialist in US
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

Share videos with students safely & easily with SafeShare.tv

Comments: Excellent! I have enjoyed using SafeShare.tv and sharing it with students and colleagues.

Pros:

I love that I can share educational videos with my students easily and safely using this tool. Additional text and ads are not included on the side of the video, so my students can see the educational content without distractions. I can save videos to curate a collection, and trim a video to only show the parts I want them to see. It's a great tool for the classroom.

Cons:

Our district recently implemented some filters and SafeShare.tv is getting caught in our filter, I am not sure why. It is making it difficult to use in some instances.

Kristen
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great service!

Pros:

Love that it gets rid of distracting and potentially unsafe ads.

Cons:

Needs to be more videos allowed on your dashboard

Kimberly
Music, 501–1,000 Employees

Protect Your Students and Yourself.

Comments: I have found it very helpful to have safeshare as a classroom tool. It removes ad banners and sometimes shocking material from the side panels. National Standards for music require teaching the Star Spangled Banner, I am able to share the version that I like through safeshare with the media dept. I personally I like a sign language interpretation. I have had other teachers want to use it in class as part of a lesson, easy share.

Pros:

-share videos for lessons to my students without embarrassing and inappropriate material. -save the SafeShare links in .pptx's smartboard, and use them year after year -quality will be exactly like the original link imported -you can share your link with other teachers working in teams i.e. I share safeshare links with our school media room to share on announcements to reinforce school-wide concepts.

Cons:

-inputing the video's can be more time consuming than clicking a link in google for youtube. (*consider a add-on in google chrome.) -login to the site -there have been periods of time where because of security features on my school computer I am unable to access safeshare (*download availability, storage off of site) -not all people on a team use it -students get excited when they see the YouTube logo and watching a video on safeshare they don't recognize the brand

Teresa
Primary/Secondary Education, 11–50 Employees

Awesome!

Pros:

I love that I can use this in my classroom. Nowadays, teachers have to get educational videos for classroom use off of YouTube. I hate putting up a YouTube streamed video for my students to watch because I am always nervous about the ads that will pop up that are inappropriate. I love that I am put the link right into SafeShare and feel good about what I am showing my students. I also love that it saves all of my videos. I used SafeSahre mainly this year to show math songs and it was a great feature to be able to go back into the saved videos to replay old favorites.

Cons:

The only thing I would change is being able to have more than 20 free videos, however, I also understand that this company needs to also receive compensation for their awesome product!

Susan
Teacher in Canada
Music, 201–500 Employees

Safeshare - my thoughts

Comments: Overall I just love safeshare for the reasons stated above. I have recommended it to so many other teachers and they use it.

Pros:

Convenient storage of my links for student use in the classroom Easy to assess I love the ad free feature - removes all fear of anything inappropriate appearing I like that I can start and stop the video wherever I want I can depend on the product to be consistent and reliable

Cons:

That there is now a free use limit. I use a lot of links as I teach music for 6 grade levels and use many links for a variety of music topics to represent my curriculum. I’ve had to seek out other programs to provide a free safe feature for my students because a limit was in place.

Michelle
librarian in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Great product until filter was added

Comments: Great product until the filter was added; I was constantly not allowed to post my videos because of "sensitive material" in my videos. There was never anything even remotely close to sensitive material and I wasn't able to post announcements through SafeShare that day. Very frustrating and happened frequently near the end of the school year. Will most likely not renew because of this issue.

Pros:

Ease of use Had been great for "safe" streaming of campus video announcements (without the junk of YouTube) - (until I started having problems with the filter this year)

Cons:

Customer support - not being able to get immediate help and speak to a person directly; I was responsible for posting daily announcements and didn't have time to wait/hope for a possible solution. And then have to play email tag over several days to find the right solution. A direct email address or phone number should be available when customers have problems with the product.

Tina
CEO in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

SafeShare

Pros:

That it shows only the video you want kids to see. We link all of our youtube videos through safeshare. We curate and vet free and open educational resources (OERS) for teachers, students, and families so it is important that only the video we are sharing appears and not all of the options generally showing on a youtube link.

Cons:

It is a little clunky to use. Could be fewer steps to getting to the option to copy the link.

HEATHER
Teacher 5th grade in US
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Safe Share is GREAT for educators!

Comments: This is a great program for teaching classes and has been so useful!
It helps protect our kids from extra stuff the internet can send our way.

Pros:

SO GRATEFUL that there is a way to share a YouTube video with my 5th grade classroom with out distracting or embarassing commercials. I also love that you can cut or crop a video to make it just right for a lesson. It is also great that the video stops by itself and does not go on to another video. That way I don't have to be standing right by my computer and can continue teaching. This is a great product.

Cons:

Of course I would like to have the ability to store more videos in the free version. (I think the limit is 16 or so???) I often have to delete and the add videos through the year. Of course, I understand that there have to be some perks for the paid version, so it makes sense.

Erin
technology teacher in US
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

SafeShare.TV makes it easy to share important videos with kids

Comments: I use Safeshare.tv to share educational videos with my Y5-6th Grade Students. I love it that it takes advertising and links out of YouTube videos so that my students only see videos I have approved.

Pros:

I like that SafeShare.tv removes YouTube advertising and the "YouTube" button from videos, so that when I have students watch educational videos, they cannot use an embedded link to be free on YouTube.

Cons:

Honestly, I use this nearly every day, and I don't think I know of any cons to this product. It works exactly the way I want it to.

Catherine
teacher in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 501–1,000 Employees

Great way to collect and organize YouTube videos for teaching

Comments: YouTube videos can be great attention-getters and visual aides for lessons I teach in the classroom. However, sometimes playing directly from YouTube results in inappropriate ads popping up, or an unwanted video autoplaying. SafeShare solves that problem, and gives you tools to organize the videos you want to show.

Pros:

I like that SafeShare provides a way to show YouTube videos without exposing students to ads and autoplay videos that may show something you do not want them to see. The videos play without any ads popping up and when they are over, it just stops. You can also organize videos into folders and playlists. It's free for up to 20 videos, but you have to pay to keep more. It's worth it, to me, for the peace of mind, and ease of use in lessons.

Cons:

It was confusing when I was first trying to play videos. You don't just double click the video you want to play--you have to click it to select, then click the triangle icon on the side menu to play. It is a little cumbersome. I wish it was still free.

Amy
Education Management, Self Employed

Disappointed

Comments: Terrible. Biggest mistake was getting a membership. Best decision was when I cancelled & stopped using QR codes!!

Pros:

I enjoyed creating codes when there wasn’t a membership. I wasted my money paying for my codes when they ALL stopped working. I really liked cancelling this service that didn’t work.

Cons:

I had to update over 500 codes when SafeShare changed their site. Even when I did ALL the updates the codes were still not working & I continued to have multiple problems scanning them. I finally had to get rid of all of them. When it was free to create codes it was easy and user friendly. I wish I never created QR codes on this site. I Would never recommend SafeShare to anyone in education. I wasted money on SafeShare. :( DO NOT buy any membership here!

Erica
Music Teacher in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great for classroom use

Comments: Overall, I like Safeshare because I can store videos and access them quickly and safely!

Pros:

I am an elementary music teacher and I use a variety of YouTube videos in my teaching. I like to use Safeshare for two main reasons. The first is that I can store videos in advance and easily access them all from one place. The second is that Safeshare blocks ads and popups, making videos safe for elementary students to view.

Cons:

I have experienced several system outages where I was unable to play videos or add new ones. This was a cause of frustration and happened several times this year.

Molly
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Great for the Classroom

Comments: I’m solving the problem of keeping students focused in the classroom and maintaining the pace that I’d like to set.

Pros:

I use this resource frequently throughout the year. Even if a video itself has no sketchy content, I still like to use safeshare to avoid advertisements. One 10 second ad for fortnite can throw my classroom into disarray and prevent students from absorbing the message of the video.

Cons:

I wish there were allowances for more than a few videos. As I said, I use this resource frequently and wish the free version allowed for more videos to be added

Caitlin
Educator in US

Videos made easy

Comments: As a kindergarten teacher I use SafeShare to edit my videos and create playlists for easy accessibility. I appreciate being able to access my videos from anywhere, the ability to add to or edit as needed, and that adds and suggested videos are eliminated (as opposed to on YouTube).

Pros:

I like that I can edit the videos to my students’ educational needs. I like that I can create playlists for easy access and organization.

Cons:

There are occasional glitches with building, adding to, and editing playlists. Additionally, the ability to search videos within the SafeShare community is not straightforward.

Katie
Education Management, Self Employed

SafeShare Review

Comments: Overall, SafeShare has completely changed the way my classroom presents videos and how technology is used in my classroom. I love having it and tell all of my fellow teachers about it!

Pros:

I used SafeShare to pre-load many videos that were used in my classroom. This helped me to filter out anything that would cause my students to lose focus or be exposed to things that they should not be. I loved being able to have it ready which allowed me to make sure my technology would run more smoothly.

Cons:

I would say, the only con would be the amount of uploads you could have at once. Unfortunately, this impacted my classroom when i had to spend extra time deleting old SafeShares in order to post new ones.

Oneida

Wonderful tool

Comments: I love this software and use it all the time. My students are spared from wasteful ads that many times are inappropriate for them.

Pros:

As a teacher I use it to block out ads, and avoid my students from being distracted and clicking on side videos.

Cons:

Pricing is a problem. You are only allowed 20 videos on a free account. My school will not pay for it so I am stuck paying for it. I think there should be exceptions for teachers. We don’t make enough as it is and have to pay for something that would make my lessons better.

Amy
Music teacher in US

A+

Comments: My primary use of this site is to create clean copies of YouTube videos to show my students. I love that the site is easy to use and creates a copy of the video that will be shown without additional ads popping up that be not be appropriate for my students to see.

Pros:

It’s easy to use. It gives me a “clean” copy of a video to show my students without having to go on YouTube and risk something something inappropriate popping up. I can edit the stop and start point on a video.

Cons:

I have nothing that I dislike about this software at this time.