Critical Mention Reviews

by Critical Mention

Filter by:

• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.2 /5

About Critical Mention

Search TV, radio, online news and social media in real-time with the industry's fastest media monitoring and contact database service.

Learn more about Critical Mention

Digital Director
Government Administration, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2019

"Best software I've used for clips"

Comments: Highly recommend – it's much easier than any other similar software I've used.

Pros: The UI/UX is definitely what sets Critical Mention apart. It's very easy to use, setup custom searches and alerts, and trim clips.

Cons: We've had a few issues with specific networks in the past, but that's broader issue with networks and not specifically with Critical Mention.

• Reviewed on 24/10/2019
Stacy J.
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2019

"Critical Mention Helps Makes Our Press Even More Newsworthy"

Comments: Our agency went viral - literally viral around the world - due to our ability to quickly share detailed metrics during several media outlet interviews. The data is easy to pull, and the reports are customizable for client needs.

Pros: Critical Mention allows us to stay up-to-the-very-minute (literally) of media mentions of our agency and our clients. Often when we do a PR interview, Critical Mention lets us know it is live before the reporter has had a chance to email us. It also provides the metrics we need for clients to be able to showcase overall impressions and media value, while allowing us to remove clutter nonsense that is repetitive and not relevant for tracking needs. We use the software more so for tracking TV coverage for clients as we do product placement for brands as part of our agency services. Critical Mention allows us to review content without having to have a massively extensive (with heavy upkeep) monster of a DVR system in place.

Cons: The social media analytics still have some room to improve, and the maximum you can search for mentions is 60 days - so you need to stay on top of reporting and not use it for competitive research unless you have forethought to plan and download those reports on a continuous basis.

• Reviewed on 09/07/2019
Sarah S.
Director of Communications
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/07/2018

"Pull all of my media coverage in minutes!"

Comments: I am able to show my partners how much value we've gotten out of our trade media.

Pros: This software pull all of my media coverage in minutes. It shows the value of my coverage, reach/audience and links to all of the clips. It even pulls video clips from live TV.

Cons: It cannot track some radio due to closed captioning. I also wish it could pull social media coverage as well so that i could pull everything in one report instead of using two different softwares.

• Reviewed on 05/07/2018
Sarah T.
Outreach
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2018

"Easy to search"

Pros: It was very easy to figure out how to use the software and search for related topic for our organization.

Cons: I felt that all the searches did not come up when the word was searched. I would have to use different words for one topic.

• Reviewed on 30/04/2018
Marie P.
Independent Contractor
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2018

"Reporting is quick"

Pros: Reporting is quick and easy. This is something that I've needed for a while with my social media management position. I also am able to gather useful data to better target my audience. The implementation process was also pretty quick and easy.

Cons: It is a bit time consuming and cumbersome to use. There is still a lot of updating that would benefit this software as it evolves.

• Reviewed on 10/04/2018