15 years helping British businesses

About TaxDome

A powerful platform for tax, accounting and bookkeeping firms. Perfect for scaling your business and growing your customer base.

Learn more about TaxDome

Pros:

All in all I was able to save money by combining three software products I was using. I think the automation ability is great and they are continually adding new features.

Cons:

I wasn't able to make a payment because it kept prompting me to enter in a zip code when that field wasn't available. I tried 3xs but was forced to use a different form of payment, which is annoying.

TaxDome ratings

4.5
4.7
4.6
4.7

8.9/10

TaxDome has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 3,038 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used TaxDome before?

Filter reviews (3,038)

Brytwauna
Brytwauna
Ceo in US
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

leveling up your tax business

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I love it I feel like it’s my tax business. It gives me more time to do other things and back and things and as we all know, time is money.

Pros:

What I like most about Tax is the CRM system and also the document management enable to give and store clients documents or they’re able to get instant access to their things without asking me for consistently

Cons:

what I like least about Tax it’s not just user-friendly. You have to go to some trainings to figure out the automation or pay someone to do it so you’re not just gonna jump in and have it already set up as soon as you pay the cost so it’s an additional fee to have someone out automated but luckily, I found Carmen from Elite notary to for an affordable price

Kurt
Kurt

After Careful Review...

Pros:

We loved the ease of setting up clients in the portal and believe it is the best setup experience for our clients.

Cons:

I wish there were more AI integrations for email and more APIs for tax organizer customization

6 months ago

Hello Kurt, Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us! We are thrilled that you loved the ease of setting up in our portal. We are always aiming to provide you with the best user experience. We are sorry to hear that you wish there were more AI integrations for email and more APIs for tax organizer customization. We are always working to improve our features and functionality. We appreciate all ideas and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the blue question mark in the top right corner and selecting Feature Requests. If you have any questions or need assistance with anything, please let us know. Have a wonderful day.

Worth the Upgrade

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall, 9.5/10. We are happy we made the commitment. The time it takes to set up is substantial, but I have to believe it will be worth it in the long run. We are able to systemize and build a sustainable practice because of the continuity that TaxDome provides.

Pros:

We were able to consolidate 5 different applications for our firm into one practice-management application. Our clients are fans of the client portal and we're seeing increased engagement because of the intuitive nature of the platform. Great support from their team.

Cons:

The initial setup/implementation wasn't the easiest. There is plenty of documentation and learning modules for support, though. This was just time-consuming for our firm.

Kathy
Kathy

If you don't have Carpal Tunnel, you will

Comments: The system has everything you need; just badly placed and organized, creating more work than necessary. That is why onboarding is so confusing. The Dashboard has NOTHING I need to see when I open the software up; nor is there an option to customize it. The ONLY problem solved was the ability to work remote...BUT the irritation of having a system that will randomly slow down and requires 7 clicks to get to where you need to be is a slow drip of torture. The price is okay if you have a team of 1 or 2. But because this actually is a system that created more work it is an expense vs an investment. Its okay for someone with 50 files in a year. I have over 500. So it is NOT built to save time and money. It's built to just have everything in there.

Pros:

The features are all there except for scheduling; Contact, communication, document management with client portal - but poorly organized.

Cons:

The design of this platform is not thought out, to say you have all features- then throw it all in there with no real thought on how to be efficient doesn't build value. For example, the journey to go from a contact comment back to the document that was being reviewed takes over 7 clicks. SEVEN CLICKS. Working one file can take over 100 clicks, multiply that by 8-10 files in a day... my hand is in pain by the end of the day from all the clicking... and scrolling. Every activity takes over 5 clicks from one thing to the next. The goal of software is to build efficiency. It is easier for me to open a paper file and review and makes notes by hand then it is to use this software. The actual functionality of this system was not done by a software designer who didn't understands how to build an efficient system. It's like a house with the all the appliances and furniture that go in a house shoved into the living room; its all there you just have to sort through a lot to get what you need when you need it. Without an organized design you are creating too many moves and means wasted time, which means wasted money. The purpose of software is to cut time and in return save money, this system in the 2yrs I've used it, has added time to my workload. To say the least I am shopping to get out of it, or i'll end up needing surgery for carpal tunnel.

2 years ago

Hello Kathy. We are sorry to hear that your experience with our software is not that great and that you are not satisfied. We are in a constant search for solutions that would cut down the actions you have to perform, or let us say, the number of clicks one has to make in order to get something done. We are trying to make the software as easy as possible. Since the software is complex, and contains plenty of features, it may take much time to get everything to work and be available just in a few clicks. We assure you that we are doing our best to improve the system and the layout. Thank you again for your feedback!

Daniela
Translator and Copywriter in US
Translation & Localization, Self Employed

Convenient reminders

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

As someone who handles their own taxes, TaxDome has been an absolute lifesaver. Having everything organized in one place makes the whole process so much smoother. I can easily upload all my documents, communicate securely with my tax preparer, and track the progress of my returns. The automated reminders ensure I never miss a deadline. TaxDome has simplified the entire tax-filing process for me. Highly recommend it to anyone looking for a stress-free way to manage their taxes.

Cons:

There is definitely a learning curve. I'm still figuring out some of the features. If you have an accounting background, you'll probably find your way around pretty quick. The rest of us would benefit from some simple tutorials.

last month

Hi Daniela, We're thrilled to hear that our platform has made tax management smoother and less stressful for you. It's wonderful that the organization of documents, secure communication, and automated reminders have been particularly beneficial. We understand that there's a learning curve, and we appreciate your suggestion for more tutorials. We are committed to making our platform user-friendly for everyone, regardless of their accounting background. please remember that our support team is just a message away. We’re committed to making sure your journey with TaxDome is as smooth and beneficial as possible. If you have any questions or need assistance, our support team is here for you. Have a great day!

Christopher M.
Christopher M.
Founding Bookkeeping Maestro in US
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

I will put all my eggs in this basket

Pros:

Right when I think that they haven't thought about something I want, I discover it. Their support is ready and available when I need it -- and even late at night when they're offline! I am very pleased and it takes a lot to make me want to make the move.

Cons:

There is not much to complain about coming from Canopy. What I would say is that I wished the "onboarding" was a more hands-on approach -- however, I respect their process because it has helped me learn the program so much more!

6 months ago

Hi Christopher, Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us! We are happy that you find our software satisfying and that you discover new features that you want. We are always trying to provide you with the best service and support. We are glad that you respect our process and that it has helped you learn the program so much more. We are always working to improve our onboarding process and make it easier and more enjoyable for you. We appreciate all ideas and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the blue question mark icon in the top right corner and selecting Feature Requests. If you need assistance with anything, please let us know. Have a wonderful day.

Christian
Christian
Founder in US
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Perfect solution for accounting firms!

Pros:

I like how it had all inclusive features, though I believe some could be consolidated and flow better, I know that all firms are built differently which is why they have the setup they do.

Cons:

The ONLY thing I do not like it that you can't setup more intricate workflows for automated movement in the client pipeline, but again it's understood as to why.

6 months ago

Hello Christian, Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us! We are happy to hear that you like our diversity of features, which help you manage your tax practice more efficiently and effectively. We appreciate your understanding of our setup, which aims to accommodate the different needs and preferences of different firms. We also value your feedback on the limitations of our workflows. We want to assure you that we are constantly working to improve our system. We appreciate all ideas and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute ideas that you might think will improve your experience using TaxDome, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the blue question mark icon in the top right corner and selecting Feature Requests. If you have any questions or need assistance with anything, please let us know. Have a wonderful day.

I Like Taxdome

Comments: I'm happy with the TaxDome CRM. Easy and friendly user.

Pros:

Easy to use, i have access to a lot of feature that i need for my company.

Cons:

The tax section with QBO don't have two tax and i'm in Québec City.

6 months ago

Hello there, Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us! We are happy to hear that you find our system easy to use and that you have access to a lot of features that you need for your company. We value your feedback, and we appreciate your support. We also understand your concern about the tax section with QBO integration. We would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the blue question mark icon in the top right corner and selecting Feature Requests. If you have any questions or need assistance with anything, please let us know. Have a wonderful day.

Isaac
Finance Manager in US
Utilities, 51–200 Employees

The Creative and Accurate Accounting Solution

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: TaxDome has dynamic accounting solutions, that makes the computation of tax suitable.

Pros:

TaxDome includes all the taxation management features that helps companies comply.

Cons:

TaxDome has appropriate tax and accounting assistance.

Stacy

Tax Season Lifesaver

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

The time saving aspect during tax season

Cons:

The software updates and changes that occurred during the season

Kristin
Partner in US

Saved Our Firm

Comments: TaxDome has saved our firm. There is no way we would have survived tax season with out it. I highly recommend this product. It brings everything all into one place. Document storage, portal and work dashboard.

Pros:

This is super easy to use and get set up. Our clients love the portal. We love how status updates can be automatically sent to the client to keep them in the loop of what stage their tax return is in. Customer service is amazing. If you have questions, there is a chat feature and they respond very quickly. Since this is a new product they are always adding new features. We like how there is a to do list & kanban view of tasks. We also love the messages feature where you can send direct messages to the client.

Cons:

This is a new product so there are still a few features missing. They are working on adding e-signature for 8879's which would have been great to have during tax season. They are adding new features all the time so hopefully this will be available soon. It would be nice to be able to put notes on the face of the kanban cards so you can see them by just glancing at them and not having to open them up. There is no way of knowing if documents have already been downloaded. If a client uploads tax documents, there is no way to know if anyone else in the firm has already downloaded them or if new documents have been uploaded there is no way to distinguish them.

4 years ago

Hi Kristin! Thanks for the review. KBA is available for 8879s - https://help.taxdome.com/article/72-getting-signatures-for-your-documents#7 Check out the recent blog post on the release of Jobs, which will allow you to leave notes on a Job (card in a pipeline) - https://blog.taxdome.com/news/2020/08/13/jobs_redesign.html

Sandy
Office Manager in US

Ease of Use and Customer Service

Comments: My overall experience with TaxDome to date has been very positive. I just finished my 2 week free trial and am excited to fully customize the software and use it to its full extent. I feel that it will make a big impact on the organization of our team and the overall client experience.

Pros:

I love the ease of use for the client and the available app. I've practiced using it as a client and it is so easy to sign up, activate and upload documents and information. I have also utilized the onboarding on several occasions and have been very pleased. It's been easy to schedule a session and everyone I spoke to has been extremely knowledgeable and patient.

Cons:

Creating the pipelines and understanding the relationships between tasks, templates, automations, etc has been challenging and will be time consuming to fully customize, but I feel it will be worth it in the long run.

3 years ago

Hi Sandy, Thank you for your feedback!

Melissa
President in US
Accounting, Self Employed

Affordable all-encompassing CRM/practice mgmt software that aims to please

Comments: There are a few things that would be nice that I've seen in other softwares, such as progress bars for jobs, larger icons/colors for ease of viewability, sorting and filtering by various columns, on certain screens, auto-archive and/or auto-job create for a different pipeline when something reaches the end of one pipeline (such as prospects), but I think most of my requests/recommendations are already in their development pipeline, and if not, they've told me that I have good ideas & should request them in the customer feature request database. I have seen several features in there that already were just recently implemented, so they definitely aim to please & be the best in the biz. For now, I'm giving up a few "smoothness" or "viewability" or "nice to haves" for a very affordable all-around software that is going to make my life SO much easier, and if I end up hiring staff down the road, it should be pretty easy to roll them into the workflow. I also love that there is a client-side app, and that is one thing that made me choose them over a competitor

Pros:

I like that it has incorporated e-sign with KBA available for a low price per signature. Also like that I can use one software to host my website, provide unlimited virtual drive storage, communicate with clients, make requests, assign staff and client tasks, and manage workflow. Customer Service is super friendly and really wants to please. I even heard from a CS rep in their chat AFTER HOURS when I wasn't expecting to hear back until the next day, just because he noticed the message was there. Overall, this is providing the things that were MUSTS for me (including a client app where they can communicate & upload requested docs). I can wait for the "like to haves."

Cons:

Customer service hours are a bit short, but they are planning to increase them. A few features need improvement (but their programmers are adding things CONSTANTLY, usually based on user requests/upvotes). One frustrating thing (which I'm not sure ANY practice mgmt software can do at this point) is that you cannot integrate the in-system organizers with outside tax software, as needs to be done so clients can see their prior year data, so I'm having to create orgs from my tax software and upload them to Taxdome, and then notify clients to download & re-upload it. Not ideal, but not the worst thing, given that everything else functions pretty smoothly. The immediate programming they need to do in this regard is to allow on-screen pdf editing (which it does, for the client) and allow their system to create and save a new pdf directly from that, so the client doesn't have to manually download/save/upload it. Would also like a function so that when you send a client a task to do, and that task involves uploading a doc, then when they upload the doc in direct response to that message, it checks off their task as complete. Currently you can just set a task that they manually check off after uploading the requested doc. No firm-side app yet--but it's in development.

3 years ago

Hi Melissa, Thanks for your feedback. We recently released our Built-in PDF Editor. You may read more about it here: https://help.taxdome.com/article/397-built-in-pdf-editor

Erika
Firm Owner in US

Powerful Tool for Your Accounting Business

Comments: I am going to be using TaxDome as an all in one tool to run my practice. So far, I am amazed by how much time it is helping me save. It will also help me to hire a few employees and staff since I am growing. It makes it easy to track and delegate tasks.

Pros:

I like most that this software is an all-in-one tool. It is packed with useful features and can streamline the way that an accounting professional runs their firm. The support is also excellent, offering white glove, in person onboarding and well organized manuals. I have also heard from my clients that the client interface is easy to use. They have been more responsive to me on this tool than the tool I was using previously.

Cons:

The pros about this tool are almost the cons! There are so many features to unlock and learn about. There are also a few features that need to be added into it (although I see that it is still being devleoped). It needs to have a feature that allows the firm to sign documents as well as the client (rather than using a pasted signature that is easy to forge). It also needs to have more templates for workflows and contracts (or at least better ones). I also think that TaxDome would benefit from a user group in which users can share best practices and templates and tools.

3 years ago

Hi Erika, Thanks! We have a facebook group for TaxDome Users, please join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/taxdome We also have a feature request board where you can communicate with our product team directly.

Andrew
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Not perfect, still the best for a small firm

Pros:

Probably the best thing about TD is that it does so many things adequately. But the strongest feature is the workflow management and the way that it harmonizes with client communication---the synergy there is market-beating.

Cons:

I am disappointed in the timekeeping function, especially the reporting. It seems like a very simple function compared to their sophisticated workflow functions. It is downright primitive. I also can't figure out whether it will really be usable as a CRM. They advertise that, but I'm not sure it can really replace even the most basic CRM.

3 years ago

Hi Andrew! Thanks for your valuable feedback! I understand that our time tracker feature is not as robust just yet but we will be releasing additional functionalities soon, such as hourly rate per staff and create invoice from the time entry - that is currently in development.

Taylor

The Software We Knew, Gone

Comments: The very first feature that needs to be complimented in this software is their product development teams and their customer service. I was attracted to Taxdome's features like anyone else would be when looking at it from almost two years ago. Once I was a customer of theirs though and could see the effort they put into answering their customers on Facebook and communicating when something is broken, getting community feedback and votes to decide the next project, and using open community testers for new features. THEN you have this beautifully designed and functional while simple to use software that has completely changed my firm into what I was trying to use ClickUp and four or five other software to accomplish what I can do today by simply sitting down and logging in to one software. It gets better, there are community-voted features and requests getting completed almost weekly so it's not even the same software it was when we started.

Pros:

- Project Management, the way accountants, need it to be. - Phenomenal portal and client management - They have the best pipe designers and pipe layers and just great, great pipes - Document mark-up in the client portal - E-signature and KBA is awesome!

Cons:

- It's complex, but it's manageable - Invoicing could use some love - Shortcodes --- I could soapbox about why shortcodes are available in some screens and not others, or why the shortcodes are so limited, but I'm not going to.... - Little to no integration with Zapier, it's there, but it's far from developed

2 years ago

Thank you, Taylor. Your feedback is much appreciated. We are happy to have such detailed feedback because the needs and opinions of our customers are very important to us. We are continuously working on the improvement of our software and its features. We have been working on updating the shortcodes, we also have ongoing plans for the invoice feature and the Zapier integration since there was some feature request. We have a Feature Request Board for our paying subscribers. Please feel free to request the features you would find useful, and you also can upvote already existing requests posted by other firms.

Dale
Dale
Enrolled Agent in US

Great for small practices

Comments: For firms that are looking for something you can setup and learn in about 8 hours this is the best option in the market. You will spend a lot of time: - Either creating your organizers or editing the current organizers available in their library. No, there is no import option.
- Creating workflows (pipelines)
- Creating e-mails for automation. Don't waste your time with the HTML formatted e-mails, I spent hours researching a work-around and it doesn't exist.
- Creating contract templates (fortunately we typically only have a few we utilize industry wide)
- Learning the software in general
The fortunate thing is once you've got everything setup, most things won't need much changing in the future, and if they do, you'll have the structures in place and understand how to change things quickly. Overall this is a great product but it does require an initial time commitment to setup. As long as you're willing to spend that time (or pay someone else to) you'll enjoy the experience.

Pros:

You can't beat the cost for what it does. Most of the basic things are easy to setup (adding logo, e-mail sync, etc.) and inviting clients is easy. One thing they don't advertise as much when you're looking in to the software is that they have a desktop app that creates a network folder on your local computer, so you can save directly to taxdome via your file explorer without even opening the browser. That was what sold it for me during my trial period.

Cons:

The HTML e-mail formatting is atrocious for automated e-mails and has forced me to look for another solution. They only allow "Simple HTML" so you can't embed or format anything in a way that looks professional once it's received on the client side. I spent about 6 hours trying to figure out a way to get this to work and it just doesn't. Not having a recurring/automatic billing feature is prohibitive. Most of my clients pay monthly flat-fees and just want to setup payments one time and forget about it. Would be nice if there were more flexibility in this area. The "white labeling" is great but what they really mean by that is putting your logo in the portal and sign-up/sign-in pages. It still says "powered by taxdome" at the bottom, and when instructing clients to download the app you then have to explain that TD run the software your brand is all over. It's not truly a white label experience, but it's as close as you'll get for the ease of use.

2 years ago

Thank you, Dale, your feedback is valuable to us. We just wanted to let you know that all of our paid users have the option to request new features to be implemented. If you wish to see something changed or upgraded you can always post a feature request by clicking on the question mark icon in the top right corner of your portal.

Aurielle
Tax Specialist in US
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

TaxDome Review

Comments: TaxDome has improved our overall client communication and organization. However, I believe we could further refine our processes and procedures with my previous suggestions.

Pros:

I like the customizable pipelines and email templates and client management options.

Cons:

All of the notifications during tax season produced too much clutter. I would like to be able to customize whether I see only emails to me in notifications or if I see emails to all colleagues. I would like to be able to pull a list of contacts AND households all in one list with email addresses included. I would like to be able to set up multiple cadences of tasks/automations within one pipleline. I would like to have sections of pipelines so that we can filter down by Tax pipelines/bookkeeping pipelines. I would like to be able to send recurring emails without having to set up an entire pipeline to do so. I would like to be able to customize invoice cadences on the invoice screen instead of having to stick to a particular date in the pipelines. I would like contracts to be more customizable similar to docusign.

2 years ago

Thank you, Aurielle. Your feedback is valuable to us. Please know that our development team is constantly working on the improvement of our software. Your suggestions are precious to us, and we would like to inform that we have a board for sharing ideas and requesting features for our paying subscribers. Please submit your requests to our Feature Request Board, and let them be upvoted. There are already some existing requests regarding the suggestions you made. If you have any questions, or need assistance with anything else, please let us know. Our support is free and unlimited. Have a wonderful day.

Jeffrey
Jeffrey
Accounting Operations Lead in US
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Tax Dome helped us handle enough business to get our own office

Comments: Our overall experience with TD has been fantastic. We were able to triple our business within the first year of us using it.

Pros:

There were three accountants (partners) when we first started this business and we were working out of bedrooms and coffee shops. The only reason that was happening was because we spent 70% of our time just tracking our servicing progress for each client under each different partner. Once we found Tax Dome and moved our client success processes from Trello, Clickup, excel, and other management softwares, we were able to handle significantly more clients with this time. Our absolute favorite feature is pipeline's and being able to automate engagement letters, send invoices, and organizers to collect data.

Cons:

Features I least like that are within TaxDome is the inbox+ and template (& tag) management. Inbox+ won't show the correct preview text for a notification- meaning a notification would pop up saying a client messaged us, however, the notification was triggered because I myself sent a response message. And for notifications that are actually from clients messaging us will never be properly previewed in inbox+. Template (& tag) management can be greatly improved. When I first started using TD, I created templates for EVERYTHING. Now I use perhaps half of them yet I have not deleted the ones that are not in use simply because I do not know what templates are actually being used in a pipeline. Externally from TaxDome, my least favorite part of it is its inability to integrate with other software such as Zapier, google sheets, and more.

2 years ago

Thank you, Jeffrey. Your feedback is valuable to us. We are happy that TaxDome made the whole process easier for you and your partners. The pipelines save a lot of time and effort so that you can focus on new clients. As for the notifications, you should receive notifications only for new messages and replies from clients, and the team members will get notifications for replies from the firm owner, but there should be no notifications for your own replies. Please reach out to our support team so that they can check on this. For the other parts you dislike, I would like to refer you to the Feature Request Board that we have for our paying subscribers where feature requests can be submitted, and existing requests can be upvoted. We would appreciate if you could share your ideas on how to improve. If there is anything that we can assist you with, please let us know. We will be happy to do so. Have a wonderful day.

TaxDome CRM Review

Pros:

I was looking for several different features for managing my practice in order to get it ready for growth - with a few of the other CRM tools I was looking at, it was going to require heavy configuration and hefty consulting rates. When I found tax dome I found that many of the features I needed were already built in. Excited to see how the program ultimately functions in a live setting - but it certainly looks like it will meet my needs.

Cons:

So far so good - a little disappointed in support for now. I had a 45 minute call with a representative on a Thursday and was promised a follow-up message by the next day. It's been a week and I've sent two emails to them and still no response. Even if my issues aren't resolved yet - it would be nice to have at least received an acknowledgement.

11 months ago

Hello Chris, Thank you very much for your review. It is valuable to us! We are happy that you like our software, and the diversity of features we have to offer. One of our main aims is to make everything available in TaxDome so that you do not have to switch between multiple apps or programs and keep everything in one place. I really apologize for the inconvenience you mention about your report, if the problem persists, please contact us at our email: [email protected] we'll do our best to help you. If there is anything we can do for you, please reach out to us. Have a wonderful day!

Rebecca

TaxDome is INCREDIBLE

Pros:

Tax Dome is literally the one-stop shop for document management, task management, and invoicing. I love it, my team loves it, and my clients love it. I was able to get rid of several of my programs because TaxDome does it all!

Cons:

I think the only thing that is a struggle is having links inside of TaxDome open new windows.

10 months ago

Hello Rebecca, Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us! We are happy that you like our software, and the diversity of features we have to offer. One of our main aims is to make everything available in TaxDome so that you do not have to switch between multiple apps or programs and keep everything in one place. We would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner and selecting Feature Requests. If you have any questions or need assistance with anything, please let us know. Have a wonderful day!

Tax Dome Working Great

Comments: I have realized the benefit of a CRM system related to tax preparation. In the workflow / pipeline process, knowing when clients dropped their stuff off or how long you have had their returns as been a huge improvement on efficiency on our end and the client receiving a faster return time. If tax dome updates the issues I listed about this is the best software for the price hands down.

Pros:

I like the ease and functionally of tax dome the best. It is very user friend, a lot of my clients have been able to use it as well with very little questions on their end. I love the client portal aspect allowing clients to upload and download documents in a safe and secure manner. We use the signature function as well, not having to go out to a third part software has increased the return time and timing requesting the signatures. The customer service is great schedule a time to help on board or asking questions is very easy. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is great!!!

Cons:

The cons are are feel a few and far between and all things that I have been asking about and are supposed to be fixed or updated by the end of the month. For instance e-signature you have to send the document out two for a husband and wife to sign unlike other software you send it one to both email address. The notification may be a little too much but I guess I would rather know what is going on with all my clients than not and reminders to follow up on emails, or documents they have provided. Lastly moving the files from public (client view) to private (firm view) currently is not allowed so you have to delete the file and than upload again which takes additional time, but they assured me this was an update fix at the end of the month as well.

3 years ago

Thank you John, your feedback is valuable to us. We are glad that you find TaxDome software user-friendly. We have made a lot of improvements in requesting for electronic signature in TaxDome and we already have that function that you need. To learn more about requesting e-signature see this link: https://help.taxdome.com/article/146-electronic-signatures#6 With regards to moving documents inside a client account from different folders in TaxDome can be done. Here is the link that you can refer to: https://help.taxdome.com/article/145-how-to-move-documents#1

Emily
OWNER in US

TaxDome is Awesome

Comments: I am currently using SmartVault and am not completely satisfied with its capabilities. So, I decided to give TaxDome Trial a try. I have to say it's the best decision I have made this year. TaxDome's capabilities exceed SmartVault's by far. I will no longer be using SmartVault, I am now a TaxDome user.

Pros:

I love the variety of features.The Tax Academy Email SyncingInformation in one place for both me and my clients to access.Customizations

Cons:

Invoicing needs improvements. I would like to be able to receive payments through QuickBooks, Venmo and PayPal and it come through automatically. More templates would be nice.

last year

Hello Emily, Thank you very much for your review. it is valuable to us! We are happy to learn that you like the diversity of the features we offer and the software as an all-in one tool, which is one of our main aims to make everything available in TaxDome so that you do not have to switch between multiple apps or programs and keep everything in one place. As for the invoices, We would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas, and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas, or if there is anything you would like to share with us that you think might improve your experience with TaxDome, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner, and selecting Feature Requests. If you have any questions or need assistance with anything, please let us know. Have a wonderful day.

Bill

TaxDome

Pros:

Automation of Tax Processes: Tax software can automate the process of calculating taxes, reducing the possibility of errors and saving time.Accuracy: The software uses complex algorithms and built-in tax tables to calculate taxes accurately and ensures compliance with tax laws.Efficient Record Keeping: Tax software helps in keeping records organized and up-to-date, making it easier to access information when required.Cost-effective: Using tax software can save money compared to hiring a tax professional or manual calculation.Time-saving: The automation of tax processes eliminates the need for manual data entry and saves a lot of time compared to traditional methods.Accessibility: Tax software is available online, making it accessible from anywhere, at any time.Improved Decision Making: With accurate tax information readily available, business owners can make informed decisions about their finances.

Cons:

Initial Set-Up Costs: Implementing tax software may require an initial investment in terms of hardware, software, and training.Technical Challenges: The software may require technical knowledge and skills to operate, and if not used correctly, it can result in incorrect tax calculations.Limited Customization: The software may not always offer customization options, making it difficult to handle specific tax scenarios.Dependence on Software: The accuracy of tax calculations depends on the software's functionality and database, which may not always be up-to-date with the latest tax laws.Data Security: Storing sensitive financial information on a computer system may pose a security risk, and the software may require additional security measures to protect the data.Limited Support: The software may not always provide adequate support or customer service, which can be an issue if problems arise.Lack of Human Interaction: The software eliminates the need for a tax professional, which can make it difficult to get answers to complex tax questions

last year

Hello Bill, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's important for us to clarify that TaxDome is a practice management software that helps tax professionals and accounting firms streamline their workflow, manage their client data, and automate administrative tasks. Although TaxDome offers tax-related functionalities such as the integration with various tax software, e-signatures, online payments, and document management, it's not classified as a tax software. Thank you for helping us ensure that our communication is accurate and informative. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Have a wonderful day!

Sharise

A better option

Comments: Tax Dome is helping me organize my practice so I'm not so stressed about getting things done and forgetting any tasks. I'm still getting used to the workflows but the ones I've used so far were great! Just the few automations, cut out more than an hour of my work time and tasks were completed without me having to manually do anything. My last engagement was completed and client paid in less than a week! I've never had that before.

Pros:

The cost of Tax Dome is much better in comparisson to other similar platforms. I've used 2 others and both were over 1200.00 per year and did not come with support as good as Tax Dome! The customer support is really outstanding. They help with setting things up and you can reach out to them anytime, and you get real live people to help. Also, it bares repeating, the price is just unbeatable for what you get.

Cons:

It does take some getting used to. Setting up is time consuming as well as transferring files and clients from different platforms. The pipelines are great but getting them set up, if there isn't already a pipleline, is super time consuming. Definitely not something you'd want to do in the middle of tax season.

last year

Hello Sharise, Thank you very much for your review. It is valuable to us! We are happy that you like our software, and the diversity of features we have to offer. One of our main aims is to make everything available in TaxDome so that you do not have to switch between multiple apps or programs and keep everything in one place. We understand that the setup may be a bit overwhelming at the beginning, but we give our best to assist our clients during the setup. We offer free and unlimited chat and email support, free screen-sharing sessions, and a knowledge database with plenty of help articles and tutorials. You can also find us on Youtube, and Facebook and you can check our TaxDome Academy. If there is anything we can do for you, please reach out to us. Have a wonderful day!