• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.4 /5

About Google Classroom

Collaboration tool that allows educators to create assignments, receive feedback, assess progress, share information, and more

Learn more about Google Classroom

Showing 1,202 reviews

Samiksha N.
Computer Teacher
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2020

"Google Classroom provides effective learning environment at home."

Comments: I have been running my classes in Google Classroom by integrating it with Google Hangouts Meet and Google Forms. I am loving it!

Pros: Google Classroom lets its user to host online classes and manage them effectively. The application is easy to adapt and packs a lot of essential functions. Teachers can give assignments to their students via Google Classroom and the students have to submit it by attaching files within the date fixed by the host. And the host gives marking to the assignments. It can be used by integrating it along with other sites provided by Google to make the learning process more effective.

Cons: Google Classroom has all of the features required to run online classes effectively and I have never faced any problems using it.

• Reviewed on 31/07/2020
Luke B.
Technical Analyst
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2021

"Free hosted option for a Learning Management System"

Comments: Once it's setup and the staff have been through some training, it's a useful tool. It's hosted on Google's servers, so you do not need any extra infrastructure to support it.

Pros: It's hosted on Google Cloud, and integrates with everything else in Google. If you have G-Suite, it is easy to share and talk to your students and other faculty.

Cons: Steep learning curve if you've never taught online before. You need materials ready to go, otherwise it's basically Facebook.

• Reviewed on 20/05/2021
International Affairs, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2021

"Take the class anywhere you want"

Comments: It has helped to have a better logistic, and organization along the course.

Pros: It is a very useful tool for courses, it let both teachers and students have a calendar of activities a material folder, and so on.

Cons: I think the cons are more for the teacher I know some of them have had struggles with the management of it.

• Reviewed on 20/02/2021
Alicia A.
Educator
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2020

"Diverse use for students"

Comments: It has been a very positive experience despite the glitches. Every year, Google improves Google Classroom.

Pros: It is very effective in creating differentiated instructions for students. You can assign different students different activities, thereby providing for all levels of learners in a classroom.

Cons: There is not enough variety of images in the forum option. Sometimes there are glitches in the system and the notification does not always pop up when students complete assignments.

• Reviewed on 25/04/2020
Lucas T.
Administrator
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/01/2020

"Google Classroom for the Digital Educator"

Comments: My overall experience has been very positive. It's made facilitating classes much easier, and has allowed students to do more work when it's the best timing for them. In our specialized school we deal with a lot of absenteeism, and Classroom helps to manage that issue much better than what I was using before.

Pros: I like that it is compatible with the Google Suite software. I can make an assignment for students on Classroom, then link any materials needed for the assignment that may be saved in my Drive or Docs. I can create digital assignments and assessments using Docs and Forms, and attach any materials or spreadsheets. It's easy to add links or videos to assignments as well. There are also many Add-Ons that compliment Classroom making it easier to facilitate. Students like that it is all digital and they can access everything they need from where ever they might be.

Cons: I don't like that grading doesn't carry over to the Classroom Grading area from assessments or assignments made using Google Forms if you attach anything to the assignment in addition to the Form.

• Reviewed on 13/01/2020
Kearstyn G.
RSP
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2019

"The Perfect Classroom Aide"

Comments: Google Classroom is a wonderful way to distribute writing assignments to my whole class and comes complete with spell check to make the editing process all the easier for my learning writers. I express particular gratitude for the speech-to-text feature that I know I will be using for a long time to come.

Pros: One of the many reasons why I enjoy and regularly use Google Classroom is that I can assign tasks and prompts - whether it be a simple question for my students to respond to or an essay prompt - and have all my students be able to see such assignments and complete them. Everything is automatically saved so the occasional (and inevitable) “select all, delete all” disaster can easily be fixed, even if the student logs out and back in. The “Restore previous versions” feature has saved many an essay from being lost forever. My students can write, edit, and turn in completed work. I can also monitor their progress and leave notes of guidance.
Students can also join more than one “class” which is exceptionally helpful as an RSP teacher. My students can see and complete written work from both their home-room and my resource class.
One particular feature has truly saved several of my students who have difficulty writing, spelling, and typing and have thus turned in incomplete and lacking work in the past. But with the speech-to-text microphone feature, my students can verbally “write” their responses and not fixate on poor spelling or get frustrated about how slow they type. They can easily express their ideas in a hassle-free way.

Cons: The features I use and the mechanics that run them all work fine. My students and I don’t get too complex or try to push any limits so no real con has presented itself.

• Reviewed on 30/10/2019
Clark A.
Primary/Secondary Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2019

"Google Classroom in the Real Classroom"

Comments: I really enjoy using Google Classroom to get information out to my students quickly. It is my Homebase for all of my websites, information, assessments, files, you name it. My students know to go there for links to everything.

Pros: What is great about Google Classroom is that I can give my students an assignment on Google Classroom and they can access it immediately. I can also create a template for them that automatically creates a copy for the students and I get a copy of it too. I can see what they are doing in realtime. I can also make comments or corrections as they type.
With Google Classroom, I can also give my students a quiz which I can set to autocorrect, even preset words or boundaries to look for.
Creating and adding students to the Google Classroom is very easy. It is also nice to share websites, documents, files, videos or pictures easily with students.

Cons: I wish this program had more options for video and audio responses for the students. Also, the format that it creates a link to websites is not very good. I put my classroom website on there and the preview window says "Google Sign In." I wish it were a little more pleasing to the eye in that regard.
Also, I wish I could add students to quizzes once they are published. I have new kids in my classes almost every day and it is frustrating to create a new quiz for the new kid.

• Reviewed on 18/09/2019
Emily M.
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2021

"Needs Attention"

Comments: I have come to rely on it and will use it far into the future, but hope Google keeps up.

Pros: Having a platform like this is great and I use it every single day (especially since remote learning started). I am very grateful they have made some improvements such as integrating a personalized Google Meet link right into each classroom (if the teacher activates it first).

Cons: It seemed that with such high need emerging from the coronavirus shutdowns that Google would have continued improving this platform by listening to EDUCATORS' feedback. It does not seem that they have done so. There are so many opportunities to improve this for school use and it is slow going (if at all). For example: teachers have been begging for a way to "archive" or hide past assignments that they don't necessarily want to delete. Another example: when new students join in, it would make sense to "start fresh" from that date, but instead it automatically assigns them all previous assignments, making their list of missing work a mile long.

• Reviewed on 16/02/2021
Anvita S.
Educator
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2020

"Google Classroom Streamlines Everything"

Comments: My overall experience with Google Classroom has been extremely rewarding. I have saved so much time, paper, and energy which allows me to improve the quality of my assignments and teaching while I can interact with students in real time, monitor their work, and quickly see who has submitted work. I love that it is accessible on any device and it makes my job so much easier. I love that it has decreased paper wastage immensely and I would highly encourage teachers to utilize Google Classroom as it is certainly a game changer.

Pros: I love Google Classroom. I have been using it as a new teacher and find that it is amazing to streamline work from Google Drive, Slides, Docs, GMAIL, etc. and unifies everything on one platform. I absolutely love how quick and easy it makes it for me to see who has turned in their work within a few glances, rather than sifting through each paper and making hand written notes and lists on who has and has not submitted work. I also absolutely love that students can interact with each other, making group work much more efficient and convenient, and that I can make comments in realtime. This saves so much time. I like that I can monitor their progress and be there in real time to oversee everything even if we are not together in person. Lastly, I love that I can not only organize but also create new assignments on this platform. Amazing!

Cons: While I love the ease, convenience, and streamlining functions, it is a personal preference of mine that at times I miss the touch and feel of traditional paper assignments. Not every assignment is compatible with online platforms, especially in math, and that is less of a complaint directly about Google Classroom and more of my personal preferences and reality of paper and pencil needing to be supplemented with technology. Of course there is always the legitimate concern of student's access to this technology outside of the classroom as well and educators and people using this should be mindful of that before planning everything through Google Classroom. Aside from these few points, it is an amazingly convenient tool for teachers to have everything organized in one place.

• Reviewed on 22/04/2020
Primož P.
IB member
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2021

"Employing Google classroo in an educational environment"

Comments: I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience with Google Classroom, as it was consistently easy to use and accessible. At all times I felt I had a good overview over the course of many classes. It has certainly helped me in organising my work.

Pros: The software is intuitive and easy to use, for both for educators and students. Its intuitive interface allows for the posting of text, as well as adding additional material form Google Drive or from a file on the user's physical computer. The same applies for submitting assignments. The visual appearance is also highly customisable, with colour coding available to keep things organised and easy to use. With some effort, individual posts can be arranged, making a sort of "textbook feel" to a classroom, enabling effective distance learning.

Cons: Although the software is easy to use, some slight issues remain when setting the grade for an assignment as that can be confusing at times. The software is also difficult to use with out-of-organisation members, as they require more work to get all the features working. Despite this, it is still a great tool.

• Reviewed on 20/04/2021
Social Work Intern
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/08/2019

"Great for Professionals and Their Students!"

Comments: My overall experience with Google Classroom has been great and compared to many of the other platforms that I have used in the past, I think this one is absolutely amazing. In terms of a clean interface with simplicity in being able to use, nothing beats Google Classroom! Therefore, I would highly reccomend for anyone looking to use this actually give it a try because it can be really convenient and make things easier!

Pros: I think Google Classroom is a great platform and would prefer it to even many of the other paid services that schools often pay for, such as Schoology. What I really like about Google Classroom is the clean interface that makes everything so simple. It's very easy to navigate around the platform and easy to create assignments and see submissions. In addition, I really like the feature of being able to schedule posts, such as announcements and assignments, as this allows for me to get my work done quickly without having to worry about forgetting later.

Cons: What I like the least about Google Classroom is that I have had instances where students submit assignments a little before the deadline but the assignments will still be labeled as late submission, even though that's not the case. This sometimes requires me to look at the date and timestamp myself to have to figure out if the assignment was indeed late or not. Although this does not happen too frequently, I just find it inconvenient when it does happen.

• Reviewed on 11/08/2019
Kinza A.
Sales Associate
Retail, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2019

"Review for Google Classroom"

Comments: Google Classroom is a great way for educators to assign work for students and share extra tools which would be helpful for students themselves. It reminds students when assignments are due and they can actively participate in discussions within the software itself.

Pros: Google Classroom is an easy to use software that is perfect for use in the education system. It is made easy for students to view assignments posted by their teacher/professor as well additional tools to be used for their assignments. Several educators also post lecture slides so students can go back and review any information they did not quite understand during class. Educators can post question tasks in which students can actively engage with one another or personally with the teacher. Students can very easily respond to prompts with notifications.

Cons: There is no con with Google Classroom as it is an effective software used upon several educators within their classrooms to engage with their students not only in a classroom setting, but also from home.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2019
Site A.
Web Developer
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2019

"Google classroom is a great learning management software"

Comments: - Google Classroom is great at what it does - connect learners with teachers. Been a part-time freelance Developer, I personally use Google Classroom to teach some learners who are interested in Web Development and this software really helps me well to connect with them, wherever I am.

Pros: - Google classroom is a major helping software for distant education, especially in zones where physical classes are hardly accessible due to socio-political crisis, poor economic development, etc,
- I love Google Classroom for it's free and open-source, so easy to set up a class and enroll students, either via email or class code and anyone can set up a private class and teach whatever topic he/she has knowledge in.
- This software is literally a classroom since you can create assignments with submission deadlines, add topics, add quizzes, accept students' feedback, post materials, grade students' performances and even more.
- Google classroom is very efficient as it reduces paperwork through technology, promotes and encourages digitalization (e-learning) of schools all around the world.

Cons: - Data privacy and confidentiality is not guaranteed as everything (text, images, graphics, videos, documents) is stored on Google's servers and not a company's.
- Features such as live classrooms are only available on YouTube rather than being available directly in the Google Classroom.
- Students/Learners in some areas with no network and internet cannot study through Google Classroom as it requires a good internet connection.

• Reviewed on 16/11/2019
Gabriela C.
Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2020

"A friendly platform for education"

Comments: I learned to use this platform in the midst of the pandemic crisis, so it was wonderful to be able to learn so quickly, without interrupting my course. I like that I can include many varied resources and that it is a platform that allows both synchronous and asynchronous work modes. I can present what I have on my computer screen and combine applications and other tools. It allows collaborative work and allows an orderly course.

Pros: It is very easy to use.It allows the use of varied resources. The interface is nice. It allows you to easily switch between synchronous and asynchronous teaching modes, as it is contained in the Google package.

Cons: It can be complex to administer the course. For example, some students submit assignments and the submission is not recorded.

• Reviewed on 07/08/2020
Yvette M.
math teacher
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/06/2021

"Can't get better as a total package than this."

Comments: Overall I cannot say anything negative about Google Classroom. It seems the Google folks are listening to what people would like to see present and are constantly trying to improve the product. As it has become a mainstay for educational purposes I find there is always a Youtube I can watch if I need help or ideas about how to use one of the products if I need help.

Pros: Vast amounts of storage, file sharing, time stamping. I love Google Drive and find it a great tool for organizing material, class grades/work, and more. The price is unbeatable.

Cons: I would like to be able to create a massive, ongoing form from which randomized problems can be assigned (i.e. a database of 100 problems from which 5 could be assigned and randomly generated for classes.).
I would like to have the ability to use equatio in everything I do...not sure if it works in Jamboard. I'd like Jamboard to have an unlimited number of slides, rather than 20. This could be a nice way to build up problems throughout the school year so they can be revisited.

• Reviewed on 03/06/2021
  • Reviewed on 13/04/2020

"Student Review"

Comments: I've realized that this is a great way to group students and evaluate them.

Pros: Google Classroom allows me as a student to efficiently schedule my tasks and understand how to organize my work with the to-do feature.

Cons: As I help my teachers grade, I notice that the grading can be a bit slow. I would improve this about the site.

• Reviewed on 13/04/2020
Ganjar W.
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2019

"All that your classroom need!"

Comments: I use Google Classroom every day to engage with the students in my classes. I put all information, handouts, and reading source on the platform, making it easy for the students to get them. I also use Google Classroom to set up assignment, making it easy for the students to upload their papers and easy for me to mark their works.

Pros: Google Classroom provides users with a virtual classroom. It allows users, usually teachers or lecturers, to create classrooms, upload notes and information there, and even to create assignments for the students. Google Classroom also allows interactions between the students through comments. Thus, it is possible for teachers or lecturers to conduct an online discussion and encourage all participants to engage with the activity.

Cons: Google Classroom can use up your free storage fast, especially if the students uploaded their papers with heavy images or large size. The way out of this issue is by getting a larger storage scheme through subscription.

• Reviewed on 31/08/2019
Jayla A.
Self Employed
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2020

"App Is Amazing for Schooling!"

Comments: No problems with it at all! Works very well for schools! If the App ads more features that would be cool, but its great just the way it is! Very easy to use!

Pros: This soft ware is awesome for doing school work at home and very easy to look at anytime. Weather if your home schooled or not every school sound use this app. Its easy and quick for passing things in and the teacher or staff can just grade them right away! I love how you can comment on the assignment in case your having trouble with that specific assignment instead of emailing the teacher and having to explaining everything. It emails you when the assignment is due, its a true life saver!

Cons: Nothing is wrong with the app at all! But I do wish it was more colorful with backgrounds and maybe an update on the over all looks but nothing wrong with the program its self. I just wish there was video chat on there so we can face time teachers if we are having trouble on our work.

• Reviewed on 23/03/2020
Jessica M.
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2020

"Online Class? No Problem!"

Comments: Google classroom has made it easier for me to switch from traditional in-class learning to the digital realm. It has been one of the few things that has made class feel like, well...class. However, As a former user of Microsoft One Note, I would say that if you were give the choice, choose One Note. There is a steeper learning curve, but the features are more advanced and beneficial for both you and your students. This is a close second, though.

Pros: Google Classroom makes it easy to schedule assignments and keep everything in one place. Also, if you have assignments in your google drive, it is easy to attach those as classwork. That's probably the best feature about using this software.

Cons: As a classroom teacher, I don't enjoy the fact that I have to schedule assignments to post (if I want them to post at a future time) one class at a time. It gets annoying going to each class and repeating the process. Additionally, I don't care for the fact that it is too hard to see who turned in assignments late without checking the attached gmail. I wish that as the administrator, I could have a tab that automatically shows ungraded late assignments without me having to physically check each class routinely to see who did work late.

• Reviewed on 12/10/2020
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/08/2019

"An amazing LMS from Google"

Comments: I had a really good time using Google Classroom as a teacher and I would love to switch to it when possible. Google has always been known for its great Cloud-based service and productivity suites and this software is no different. If you're looking for a good LMS, this is it.

Pros: The main reason why my company and I gave Google Classroom a try is because of its inter-connectivity with all of the other Google products. It interfaces extremely well with other Google products such as Gmail, Drive, Hangouts, Sites, Slides, Forms, Sheets, Docs, Vault, and Calendar, making the setup and management of your classes extremely easy. My company mainly uses Shoology, which also has great interfacing with Google products, but I mostly did stuff on the Google front, because it is easier and faster to use. If your company already use many of the Google products and need an learning management system, I would recommend Google Classroom hands down. Great UI, easy to use, and great support makes this product an A++ product.

Cons: I don't have anything I dislike about this software except one tiny thing that I'm sure a few other users could relate. The layout and design for the classroom page is really ugly as it is and doesn't offer a lot of customization. I would rather have a software that is uniform across all pages or a software that offers full customization so I can make it exactly how I want.

• Reviewed on 24/08/2019
Ricardo A.
Web Developer
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2021

"Easy for both students and teachers"

Pros: Classroom integrates all your utilities in a single space, and as big fan of all the Google services I like that it's all together. I can modifiy and collaborate in documents in real time, unlike some competitors like Microsoft 's One Drive, which it's a bit awfull. The experience and interface is neat and clear (as usual coming from Google).

Cons: There's not much room for complaining, one or two times Classroom has been down, but other than that, I have not encountered many problems in here.

• Reviewed on 14/05/2021
Kristen G.
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2020

"Google Classroom"

Comments: I have used Google Classroom as a teacher with students and also as an Instructional Technologist teaching teachers. It is still my favorite LMS option.

Pros: I have been using Google Classroom since it was first introduced by Google. Our district is 1:1 iPads and Chromebooks, so it works with both platforms. During this time that we are eLearning, Classroom has been a lifesaver. Being able to keep the students work organized while we are not able to be in the physical classroom has been such a positive experience.

Cons: I wish that there was a way to mark work as completed without having to give a numerical grade. I am a STEM teacher so not everything that we do gets a numerical grade. I just need a way to show that I have reviewed it and the student can move on to the next part of their project.

• Reviewed on 07/05/2020
Johan A.
E-Learning, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2020

"Great"

Comments: Overall it is a very useful software and I have loved using it for almost 7 years.

Pros: Google classroom is a really easy way to organize all of the classes and assignments you have to do for school

Cons: I wish that you could customize the interface a little bit more into the liking of the user, such as a dark mode

• Reviewed on 29/09/2020
Farhan mubasshir T.
Sales
Business Supplies & Equipment, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2021

"Easy, Simple,Less Time consuming"

Comments: It's just great and so less time consuming and easy of work

Pros: With this app we are able to communicate as a classroom so well, teachers just simply publish our homework and assignments in the classroom and we just simply scan it and send it, I think it's just is of great help. It has really helped me as I don't need to spend time now typing emails and thinking if my tutor got my email or not. I think teachers also find a lot of ease to check the papers and have a record of who submitted and who didn't as if we didn't have this app teachers would have had a serious problem in searching the emails the students send and searching if who is left to submit all these things would be hard to keep track of if we did not have had Google classroom.

Cons: I think Google classroom has all the necessary things needed for a student and teacher to communicate greatly and I don't see any flaws in it.

• Reviewed on 17/06/2021
Engineer
Computer Hardware, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/05/2019

"A New Standard for Teaching"

Pros: Turning assignments has never been easier with Google Classroom. During the summer, I taught a small course with javascript to high school students and this platform allowed my students to turn in programming assignments very easily. Before Google Classroom, my students were used to turning in their assignments through their school software and that was unreliable because of constant server crashes. However, with Google Classroom, I can control submission dates and see a timestamp of everything.

Cons: Unfortunately, Google Classroom is only popular with High School teaching. In college, specifically with the University of California Riverside, the standard for turning in assignments is through a software called Ilearn which is unreliable. Google classroom also has no automated quiz system which is super useful if implemented. Another issue that I found annoying was the classroom code. Each time I wanted to add a student into the course, they would constantly have to copy and paste a code to get into my class. A better solution to this perhaps include an option to allow me to add students through a link.

• Reviewed on 13/05/2019