15 years helping British businesses

About Notion

Notion is the all-in-one workspace for notes, projects, documents, and collaboration.

Learn more about Notion

Pros:

Furthermore, there are plenty of tutorials provided by Notion and they have an excellent support team. They really hear what the users ask and they frequently implement the requested features.

Cons:

Without recurring tasks and less task-oriented features it was a tough call to make. I wanted it to work so badly.

Notion ratings

4.3
4.4
4.6
4.6

8.9/10

Notion has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 2,157 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Notion before?

Filter reviews (2,156)

Manuel Felipe
Manuel Felipe
People Excellence Manager in Colombia
Food & Beverages, 501–1,000 Employees

Notion is the best cost-benefit option to Knowledge and Project Management

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

It integrates 2 of the most critical needs of any company: Knowledge management and project management. It is easy to implement and start using. It has versatility about the creation of admin and visitor roles, allowing the reach to several parts of the company.

Cons:

Some automation or column calculations may be hard to implement unless you know their programming. Nonetheless, a couple of hours later you are familiarized.

Jessica
Owner in US
Graphic Design, Self Employed

Notion is a fully customizable project-management solution

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall I am very pleased with Notion, as we have successfully built a functional project management system that serves as a well-oiled system for managing our company's workflow. The pricing is significantly less than well-known alternatives.

Pros:

I like that Notion allows full customization in building the databases, and does not force you into a pre-determined template like other project management systems. While the trade-off is more time spent up front learning how Notion works and building out the templates, it is worth it to have everything tailored to your business.

Cons:

The biggest drawback was the time it took to build out our Notion databases, and figure out how we should do it. There was a learning curve, and we are continually figuring new things out. Also, we really wish Notion and Google Calendar would sync, because Notion's Calendar lacks the functionality and aesthetic qualities of Google.

Colleen
Senior Director, Programs in US
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Don’t understand the hype

3.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Notion is promoted frequently as the “go to” software for task management, documentation and collaboration and I just do not understand the hype. To me it’s a simple word document and it doesn’t offer a variety of useful features unlike other task or project management software.

Cons:

It lacks common functionality that would be useful for everyday management.

Juan
Multimedia Production Specialist in Honduras
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Managing and Finalizing projects Tool

Comments: Having transparency was key for my company, and this was a great way of doing that. I felt a sense of gamification while tracking my progress in a project, and that motivated me.

Pros:

I can create my own templates, add only what I need for each of my projects which makes it easy to have everything well organized in one place, adding transparency for the whole team.

Cons:

It took me a day or two to understand how to use it, but it was definitely worth it.

Jesse
Documentary Editor in US
Media Production, Self Employed

Notion is amazing—if you can make it click

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Notion at first didn't make sense to me, but when it clicked, boy did it click. I run my business from Notion, I track my habits, I track my reading notes and daily notes—it all lives inside Notion. And with AI tools getting better, I only see my use of Notion growing.

Pros:

Notion is a blank canvas that lets you create basically anything you want. I've used it to create a task manager, project manager, reminders, and my ongoing library of notes and documents. All of this is even available under the free account. The AI features they have introduced are solid, helping me create blog posts and also have quicker access to my ever-expanding notes.

Cons:

A blank canvas is great, but only if you understand how to use it. It took me several tries before Notion finally clicked. It can be clunky as a task manager, and though it's functional it's not the most visually appealing.

Accounting, 11–50 Employees

Great for taking any type of notes

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: My main use for Notion is for taking notes on my work clients for me to remember all key details about them. I also use Notion for personal use, such as meal planning and for vacations itinerary.

Pros:

The best part of Notion is how customizable this can be depending on if you need to track work assignments or school notes. The AI feature for writing can be so useful when you need to ask for definitions when taking notes or if you need to add an statistic but you forgot the exact number.

Cons:

The set up is hard, its a system that if you don't know how to use it can be hard to navigate.

Telecommunications, 2–10 Employees

Great UX makes easy to use

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Very be positive for what we use it for

Pros:

We’ve built our CS teams homepage on Notion. Great place and easy to build our knowledge base

Cons:

Table function is very basic - can’t do any kind of formula.

Karin
Karin
Program Manager in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Notion is a great way to share internal info with external audiences - beautifully and easily

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: At my work Notion became the go-to way of distributing company information - specifically each new iteration of the app we were developing. It was great that a simple do to keep everyone up to date on the app development became a beautiful public information channel as well. Efficient!

Pros:

I love how documents that could be boring but necessary get extra bang for their buck by being easily able to be transformed into interactive, streamlined, and easy to comprehend docs that anyone can utilize and benefit from.

Cons:

It's a bit of a learning curve so any help with onboarding, training and getting staff onboard with utilization and incorporation into day to day tasks would be appreciated.

Melanie
Melanie
Owner in US
Online Media, Self Employed

Effective planning and sharing all in one place

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Notion does have a bit of a learning curve (I come from an administrative background so this was easy enough for me to get acquainted with) but the guides on their site make this app useful even for those who are not the most internet savvy.

Pros:

Notes, tasks, and projects are all easy to contain and collaborate on while using Notion. Tons of customizations make this better than Google docs or sheets any day!

Cons:

It is complicated to use upon starting of you aren't typically someone who organizes through categories or files or even keeps track of details. Yet, this is also the platform that CAN help you get organized!

Petter
Petter
Parish Manager in UK
Civic & Social Organization, 2–10 Employees

A very good software package

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I absolutely adore Notion - I use it for everything from keeping track of my gift list, to organising my course notes. It's usually the first thing I install on any new computer or phone!

Cons:

I cannot really say that there is anything I don't like!

Higher Education, 501–1,000 Employees

The holy grail of organization

Comments: Notion is my second brain at home and at work. It has definitely improved my workflows and helped me organize all the different areas of my job, related resources, even scheduling, into one platform. It's not yet a full replacement for something like Evernote or Airtable, but it currently has the best of both those platforms, and I believe it will soon overtake them.

Pros:

I have used Notion for personal projects since it first came out. Recently I have started migrating my work documentation and databases to Notion, and I'm very impressed. The ease of setting up relational databases within notes is unmatched in any other software I've used.

Cons:

There are some small features that Notion does not yet excel at. Currently there is no way to view a calendar view of a database in any view other than month view, which is a small complaint. I know the Notion team is working on improving offline functionality as well, as it is pretty reliant on a steady Internet connection, which hasn't been a problem for me personally.

Jenny
Senior Workplace Experience Manager in US
Commercial Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Goodbye Google Docs, Hello Notion! - A story of a workplace leader

Comments: Pretty great thus far. As a workplace leader, our team uses Notion for our internal team to store office info for our various offices. Creating an office guide is extremely important for our culture, especially now with remote work. If anyone is traveling to an office and needs to know "where should I park? how do I get to the office? what is our lunch program?" all information is organized on Notion per office location. Employee experience is one of my biggest priorities, and Notion helps me organize all this information and keep our employees informed.

Pros:

Notion quite frankly does it all - it is an area to organize and store information, it provides a platform to collaborate with cross-functional partners, task-management for projects, plan internal events, ETC!

Cons:

At times, formatting text / pages can be difficult as a first time user, however once you get the hang of it its not too hard. I looked up a few youtube tutorial videos on how to format pages easier. Perhaps Notion could offer some instructional videos on formatting!

Design, Self Employed

I wish I had Notion in college

Comments: If I had a Notion in college, it's safe to say, I would've gotten better grades. Since discovering this product, I have been 100x more productive because I can customize my workspace to my exact needs in a friendly, aesthetically pleasing platform. In order to make Notion work for you, you need a creative and problem-solving mind, and a few days to learn it. That's where I have the most fun creating the templates and workflows, and my team members make me feel like a productivity wizard.Working with databases is seamless, integrations work great, and my notes look and feel amazing. I use Notion for my tracking and planning my daily life, as well as my small business. After setting up the templates and workflows, my team members rave about how easy and centralized the projects are. They even started to learn how to create templates and workflows of their own since being introduced to it.Despite the lack of advanced styling, I love having a digital workspace that caters to our exact needs.

Pros:

Notion is super easy to use, the interface is beautiful, and the possibilities are endless. I enjoy making templates that actually help me be more productive and get things done. There is also a native marketplace full of free and paid templates that I love getting inspiration from and experimenting with. Notion also has one of the most helpful and motivating communities where templates and productivity ideas are shared. I enjoy using this to organize my projects as a digital business.The pricing plans are reasonable, and they also offer credits when you complete certain tasks. It is best paired with Google Chrome Extensions. There are many extensions that make the Notion experience even better like customizing the theme colors, adding buttons, etc.

Cons:

My nit-picky con isn't all that important when it comes to productivity, but visually notion lacks native advanced customization. The downside of using Chrome Extensions to customize the look and feel of my notion pages is that it doesn't apply across browsers and on the desktop and mobile app. There's too much space around the margins, which can be valuable real estate for the page content. I also wish the page properties didn't take up half the page with the right side of it empty. I also wish that text could be aligned right and centered.Another downside I have is having to use Notion in Google Chrome most of the time to take advantage of the style customization extensions.

Nitin
Nitin
Senior Graphics Designer in India
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Exteremely affordable project management tool for freelancers and design agencies

Comments: Overall, it's a must tool for freelancers who are into designing businesses or working for multiple clients at once. I will not recommend you go for a team plan or enterprise plan until you have more team members.

Pros:

I loved their user interface where I can do anything from scribbling to creating doc task lists. Its quirky templates help me get my work done in a cool way as I am a designer and love creativity in my work. No more boring emails and assignments.One more thing is it's very affordable if you want to purchase an enterprise or team plan which exposes more team member access and a dedicated manager.

Cons:

Even if it's affordable, its paid plan doesn't have much for freelancers compared to the free plan of notion. More features make things complicated and sometimes heavy in terms of getting a quick overview.

Tracy
Tracy
CEO in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

The ROI on Learning Notion is Immeasurable

Comments: Awesome experience. Now my digital biz has real structure, organization and is customized to how I wanted my operations to be set up.

Pros:

Freedom! Learning to use Notion has released me from the captivity of multiple software services and many-stepped business operations. I didn’t own a cell phone until I was 29 (that’s how old I am) so using apps and software services doesn’t come naturally - I had to sit and learn, watch YT vids, read alllll the help docs. But now I can pretty much build or integrate anything my company needs. I’m practically a software developer now. Plus, it’s inexpensive and can integrate w basically everything, if u don’t have time to make it yourself in Notion. They also have a great community and their company “vibe” is upbeat, motivational and encouraging - even for this “old” startup lady.

Cons:

I have to teach each new employee how to use it and show new clients too - I’ve made video tutorials to help, but it’s always a time investment (which is worth it, eventually).

Sekharendu
IT Admin in India
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Amazing! Simplified Database Management

Comments: Exceptional. Life Saving. Notion actually helped me organise all my research and workflow integrated.

Pros:

Simple interface with database backend, makes it customisable to be used for any form of management.So useful to have web based interface and database table structure, with customisable frontend database display, with link to share, with templates to duplicate all in one.

Cons:

Formatting text has limitation, cannot increase or decrease font sizes in the body.Also cannot customise the heading/subheading etc.

Darlan
Darlan
CEO, ASSOCIAT RELATIONS & HEAD GRC+ in Brazil
Executive Office, 2–10 Employees

NOTION.SO: AI Writing Assistant is excellent!

Pros:

NOTION.SO: AI Writing Assistant is Excellent because it is a very complete, customizable, flexible platform, it has an API for several other platforms, among other features. Finally, the cost benefit is incredible, both for the price and for the integrity features, artificial intelligence.

Grace
Grace
Project Manager in US
Retail, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Using Notion to get organized and have all my stuff in one place

Comments: Extremely adaptable table and database layouts. Used it as my primary method of note-taking and journaling. I like it better than both OneNote and EverNote combined. One of, if not the greatest, note-taking apps available.

Pros:

Simple to input text and numbers. Terrific shortcuts for a variety of jobs. Excellent for including and embedding media. The app allows me to quickly photograph handwritten notes and store them in a folder I can sort through on my computer later.

Cons:

Don't try to reinvent the wheel when it comes to table cell entry; if I click into a cell and start typing, it will replace the existing content (just like Excel does), and choosing cells is far more cumbersome than in Excel. The process of making a template is not the most straightforward, and it took me some time to master it.

Anastasia
Head of Operations in Austria
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Notion - best tool for keeping track of things in your work and personal life

Comments: As a scrum master, I use Notion for backlog refinement and project management - it's always open on one of my screens. We customised it to our needs and manage multiple teamspaces with their own projects and tasks within one platform. I also use Notion in my personal projects and casual note-taking and can't imagine my life without it.

Pros:

I like the versatility and flexibility of Notion. It can be customised endlessly to create a workspace that works best for you. We were able to create a perfect system for task and project that suits our needs. I also like that I can add tasks and different resources to my Favourites, and they appear in the sidebar, so I'm able to easily fetch what I need. It's also easy to track any changes and comments in the Updates tab, so you don't miss if someone left a comment or assigned something to you. Another small but fantastic feature is being able to insert code and choose the formatting for it. We're a software-heavy company, so storing and sharing pieces of code is essential.

Cons:

It's hard to find points that I don't like, but perhaps the different views and layouts could be made more intuitive. Sometimes it can take a while to figure out the best way to organise data.

Serge
Designer in UK
Design, 2–10 Employees

Notion help organise chaos

Comments: My overall experience with Notion has been transformative. It's a digital Swiss Army knife for task management—complex yet precise, and endlessly adaptable. Once past the initial learning phase, it feels like an extension of one's cognitive process, neatly organizing thoughts, tasks, and projects. Despite some minor drawbacks, Notion has been a cornerstone tool for personal organization and team collaboration.

Pros:

What I liked most about Notion is its unparalleled customization capabilities. It empowers you to build a personal or professional workspace tailored precisely to your needs. The blend of databases, kanban boards, wikis, calendars, and reminders all in one cohesive interface streamlines task management and promotes productivity. The collaborative features and real-time updates enhance team synergy, making it an invaluable tool for collective project management.

Cons:

What I liked least about Notion can be its steep learning curve for new users. The very flexibility that makes it powerful can also be overwhelming at first, and it may take time to fully leverage its capabilities.

Eshaan
Product Designer in India
Internet, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Best Life OS there is

Comments: It's absolutely brilliant. I love the product, and love taking inspiration from other people who are using the product. There a many open source templates that you can use and organize your life on top of them.

Pros:

I first started using Notion at my workplace, where we had all our documentation in the notion workspace. It was really easy and inspiring to go thru the documents across company functions. Notion is the best thought organizer there is. Its easy to use and has excellent compatibility with other tools as well. I plan my holidays, website content, design system, documentation, etc all in notion. Special shout out to its Tables Construct which is by far the most amazing scalable piece of the software. Its got kanban view and gallery. All of which accommodate my keeps to a large extend.

Cons:

The mobile app isn't optimized enough yet. It's a bit slow even on newer phones.

Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Great versatile tool for businesses and personal use

Comments: We use Notion for a lot within our org, but mainly knowledge management. It's easy to organize and find your documents and document your processes to share with your team as a central hub. One of my favorite tools out there and indispensable really.

Pros:

The best thing about Notion is its flexibility, that you can customize it to work as almost anything in your day to day, whether its note taking, documentation, knowledge storing or anything else.

Cons:

Task management and collaboration can be improved, especially task management needs to get a big upgrade to be able to replace dedicated task management softwares for larger teams. Notion's big benefit, its customization abilities holds it back because although there's hundreds of templates, you do have to set it up and really educate your team on how to use it within your own organization's context, something dedicated task management solutions do for you. I never have to worry if someone "gets" Asana, but if I were to replace Asana with Notion I'd have to really educate my team on how to properly use Notion and all its tools. It's a fine balance to strike but overall Notion is doing a great job at it.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

The All-in-One Tool for Organizing and Managing Your Work and Life

Comments: Overall, Notion is a comprehensive and versatile tool that can help users to organize and manage their work and personal life in one place. Its flexibility, collaboration features, and wide range of integrations make it a great choice for anyone looking to increase productivity and get a better handle on their information.

Pros:

Notion is a versatile and powerful productivity tool that allows users to organize and manage their work and personal life in one place. It offers a wide range of features, including notes, tasks, wikis, and databases, that can be combined and customized to suit each user's specific needs.One of the key benefits of using Notion is its flexibility. It allows users to create custom pages, databases, and templates that can be used to organize and manage various types of information, such as notes, tasks, projects, and even personal information like finances. The wide range of features and ability to customize the layout to your needs make it a great tool for both personal and professional use.Another benefit of Notion is its collaboration features. It allows multiple users to access and edit the same page and database, making it easy for teams to work together on projects and shared information. Additionally, it has a feature called "Share" which lets user share a read-only version of pages or databases with people outside of your organization.Notion also integrates with a wide range of other apps and services, such as Google Drive, Trello, Slack, and Evernote, that allows to import and export data seamlessly. It also has a feature called "Integration" which can connect to other apps to bring data into Notion, such as fetching data from a website, or a RSS feed, or even taking screenshots.

Cons:

Nothing as of now as it has helped with so many easy features to use.

Dhruvil
FOUNDER in India
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed

Notion Review For Project Management

Comments: Notion is a powerful tool for project management, offering a range of features that can improve team collaboration, task management, and productivity. Its customizable interface, flexible task management, collaboration tools, rich media integration, and mobile app make it a popular choice for many teams. However, its steep learning curve, limited export options, limited integrations, pricing model, and customization challenges are potential weaknesses to consider when deciding whether Notion is the right tool for your project management needs.

Pros:

1. customizable Interface: Notion's interface is highly customizable, allowing users to create a workspace that suits their needs. This means that users can create project management templates that fit their workflows, which can save time and increase productivity.2. Flexible Task Management: Notion allows users to create tasks, set deadlines, and assign them to team members. The software offers various views, including list, board, calendar, and kanban, allowing users to choose the view that works best for them.3. Collaboration Tools: Notion's collaboration tools, including comments and mentions, make it easy for team members to communicate and work together on projects. This feature can improve team collaboration and reduce communication barriers.4. Rich Media Integration: Notion allows users to add a range of rich media, including images, videos, and files, making it easy to keep project-related information in one place. This feature can save time and reduce the need for multiple tools.5. Mobile App: Notion's mobile app allows users to access their projects on the go, making it easy to stay on top of tasks and collaborate with team members from anywhere.

Cons:

1. Learning Curve: Notion has a steep learning curve, especially for new users. This can be a challenge for some teams and may require additional training or support.2. Limited Export Options: While Notion offers a range of import options, it has limited export options. This means that users may find it difficult to move their data out of Notion if they decide to switch to a different tool.3. Limited Integrations: Notion has limited integrations with other software tools, which may limit its usefulness for some teams. However, it does offer integrations with popular tools like Google Drive, Slack, and Trello.4. Pricing: Notion's pricing model can be expensive for larger teams, especially if they require access to premium features like guest access and version history.5. Customization Challenges: While Notion's customizable interface is a strength, it can also be a weakness. Customization can lead to cluttered workspaces, which can be challenging to navigate for some users.

Monika
Monika
CEO in Czechia
Cosmetics, 2–10 Employees

Notion is my No1 notebook I cannot imagine my life without

Pros:

Notion is easily accessible from any device, allowing me to effortlessly manage all my accumulated knowledge and past projects. Its block-based system enables me to organize my thoughts and conduct efficient searches. I rely on Notion for various purposes, such as tracking my work, using it as a writing tool, and sharing information and projects with my colleagues. It has significantly replaced my usage of Google Docs, and I appreciate its simple yet aesthetically pleasing design, which is crucial for my creative and strategic work. I particularly admire the promptness with which Notion incorporates new features, including the AI chat, which has been available since the early days of ChatGPT's existence.

Cons:

I find it a bit inconvenient when I don't have internet access, especially when I'm in the middle of writing something.