Filter by:

• Overall

About Notion

Notion is the all-in-one workspace for notes, projects, documents, and collaboration.

Learn more about Notion

Kevin A.
Kevin A.
Business Owner
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2021

"Project Manager for Life"

Comments: I found my experience very good with notion I like everything from their real-time updates to what I use for project management and made it really easy I found myself using it all the time.

Pros: From the project management system to the real time active changing. I found myself using notion all the time for my business. I love that I can have an easy template that someone else made and and change and customize it to my business needs. I also like how quick it loads up and how universal it is for my whole team.

Cons: They're very few things I don't like about notion but if I had to be Uber critical I would say that the free version can only get you so far. I found myself wanting a lot of the features that the paid versions had but I still got a lot of good use out of the free version

Alternatives Considered: Trello and Airtable

Reasons for Choosing Notion: I wanted something more visually pleasing. I wanted something that had an easy template that I could use and something that was just for the 21st century

Switched From: Airtable

Reasons for Switching to Notion: From YouTube. I found myself looking at reviews and people using notion for their project management and their businesses.

John G.
John G.
SEO Specialist & Full Stack Developer
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2021

"Fantastic Tool for Managing All My Notes"

Comments: Overall, I am very happy with Notion. I have been using it for years for taking notes and I find it to be reliable, convenient, and very helpful with organizing my notes. I highly recommend Notion for anyone that needs a single app with quick shortcuts for taking notes.

Pros: I love Notion's block editor! Anytime I try other software that has something similar I always compare it to Notion's top-notch block editor. Everything is so easy to type/add/remove/switch/duplicate/move. I love having all the shortcuts. This easily beats using something basic like Google Docs or any other rich text editor. I also love how quickly I can customize my headings. Over the years I've created my standard note-taking styles/template and it really helps me see everything exactly how I want it. Notion is hands down the best note-taking app out there!

Cons: Prior to the API, I could never take Notion as a serious contender in the CRM/PM tool space. Without an API and built-in integrations, there just isn't a chance. Now that Notion has an API, things should get quite interesting and I look forward to seeing what people do with it.

• Reviewed on 07/06/2021
Elliott W.
Music, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/04/2021

"The everything app"

Comments: I keep finding new and better ways to support my workflow using Notion.
I'm currently moving my task and project management into there (using the system that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] teaches on his YouTube channel), and this is really exciting for me.
I'm a musician, teacher and conductor, and one of the great things here has been developing a database of scores and pieces, so I include data based on my own criteria, as well as just collecting links to articles and recordings etc. I was able to use it for much of the admin in teaching a band program, as well as lesson planning and assessment. A particular strength in that was an inventory of equipment, as well as the sheet music library. This was great because more details could be included specific to one type of item without cluttering up the main list of equipment. e.g. I can list how many guitars we have overall in the main list, but then within the Guitar entry include specific details on the make/model/quantity/condition within that page. It can be a bit overwhelming and get a bit cluttered if you don't have a system. But the fact that everything is a page (including every entry in a database) means that over time you can work out what structure and system works for you, rather than one imposed on you from the outside. This is great, but it can require some thinking and time to set up. It saves you time in the long run, and can make your knowledge management (for personal, professional, or leisure use) really amazing.

Pros: The ability to make everything a database, and link relationally is so powerful, and implemented in an easy to use way. But when jumping in for the first time, you can just start with notes, images, in a familiar hierarchical setup, so it is very accessible. You can present the databases in a table, list, board (kanban) or gallery style (probably more), and put views to each database in any page. This has the power to do almost everything, but it's easy, reliable, it looks great and I can get it any device or web. Over time I've found new ways to use it and set it up for my daily life and workflow.

Cons: There are some minor features that I'd like to see added, but over time I have seen Notion adding features I previously wanted, plus lots I didn't know I wanted (and lots that are probably relevant to other users but not to me personally). But in terms of functionality, I wouldn't bother listing them here, because I am pretty sure that the main ones will eventually be added! In terms of interface, the support for on screen keyboard on Windows, and sometimes typing things in on Android can be inconsistent and annoying. I'd love to see features to add in ink drawings or annotate images, so that I can use my stylus on my windows convertible laptop more easily. This would probably remove the last couple of use cases for OneNote that I have.

• Reviewed on 13/04/2021
Ricardo O.
Ricardo O.
Academic Instruction Designer
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2021

"The ultimate make-it-your-own knowledge system"

Comments: Notion works well as an organizer of all things knowledge. In our school we use it to organize term and weekly planning, as a bookmark manager, and also to publish certain content for students in a "fenced" environment.
This app can easily replace many other apps if the user knows what their specific needs are.
Highly recommended.

Pros: Flexibility: Notion can be whatever you want it to be. Some folk use it to take notes, other people find it a great meeting organizer. I use it as a master database of all things work and personal: tasks, notes, calendar reminders, bookmark manager... You can program it to suit your needs. It is highly advisable to model in paper what is it that you want from Notion.

Cons: Notion is a very closed ecosystem. I would love it to synchronize with Google Calendar or for it to talk nicely. to Gmail. Not an option right now.
The calendar view can benefit from a "weekly" or "agenda" view.
Offline work is still a work in progress.
Can become difficult to use if databases are not planned properly.

• Reviewed on 02/04/2021
Alson K.
Alson K.
Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2020

"Notion has completely replaced my notebook!"

Comments: Overall, Notion is an indispensable app for our company. I've even started to use it for my personal life and side projects. It's really the best note organization app in the market.

Pros: The beauty of this application is that it can fit whatever requirements you would need from a notebook. You can define your own templates, you can define how every page looks. You can. even define who can view what you wrote. Organization is a breeze with the number of pages you can nest under each other. We have found that opening a page for each project works best.

Cons: There is simply no cons for this software! My colleagues and I use it every day without fail. We even share pages of it to our clients.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft To Do, Confluence and Todoist

Reasons for Choosing Notion: Things is a Apple-only software and some of my staffs use Windows instead.

Switched From: Things

Reasons for Switching to Notion: Notion is not just a todo app but allow you create a wiki and knowledge base on it as well.

• Reviewed on 09/01/2020
UI/IX Designer
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2019

"Best note-taking app of 2019"

Comments: I use Notion daily to organize my personal life and mainly my company. Nowadays we are using Notion Kanban view to organize our clients, and this is app does it perfectly! You can share with your clients some determined information and hide the rest to not overwhelm them with extra information, this is one of its best features. This app has too many amazing features to point out in one review.

Pros: The ability to organize an insane amount of data without losing control or missing information. Also, it is easy to learn and understand how the interface works.

Cons: The mobile version has some bugs, definitely needs some specific improvements.

Alternatives Considered: Todoist

Reasons for Choosing Notion: Notion is easier to use and has more features than Trello.

Switched From: Trello

Reasons for Switching to Notion: I love Todoist, but it is not the ideal app to manage a big amount of data.

• Reviewed on 18/11/2019
COO
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2019

"One tool to rule them all"

Comments: It changed the way I used to plan for my personal life and work. I can sketch an idea or take a quick note and then give them a structure. This is absolutely stunning.

Pros: Can I say everything? Notion it's an absolute game changer in the productivity tool industry. It comes like a note taking app but has all the tools you need to turn it into whatever you need to manage your life and work. The thing I absolutely love is how easy it is to configure it to your needs while you are using it!

Cons: Actually it lacks integration with other softwares, so it cannot be the automated hub for al your task juggling. Moreover the Android app is a little slow and the offline mode is not the best.

Alternatives Considered: Coda

Switched From: Trello

• Reviewed on 26/11/2019
Jason L.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/01/2020

"Notion is promising and surprising"

Comments: I like the multi-user sharing function, so I can collaborate with people when working on documents. The live updates of people making changes via email is most helpful. I can see when a change was made and what it is. Overall, there are investing alot into basics and wow-factor. In terms of more complicated features, there is much catching up.

Pros: I use Notion daily to track my personal finances. I like how fast, reliable, and well built the product is. There is alot of thought gone into developing it, such as the use of shortcut commands, emojis for fun, and there is a whole lot of advanced functionality that I have not had the time to explore yet. In terms of the Wow effect, it is definitely comparable to Things 3. However, I think there is still a long way to go for it to have full-fledge features as compared to incumbents like Evernote or Airtable.

Cons: I dislike how Notion can sometimes be too generic. I wonder if Notion segments its users, and give advanced tools for people using Notion for certain purposes. Sure it's great for note taking such as having the browser extension or documentation (which I am a fan of) but there are certain features that seem to be lagging behind. For starters, creating and formatting a table is a horribly hard process. It's nowhere near Google Sheets or Excel. So for people using Notion to do more table, number or finance-related functions, it could be a challenge. It can take a page out of Slack's book, and offer more integrations for features they do not want to replicate.

Alternatives Considered: Things and Confluence

• Reviewed on 03/01/2020
Erick C.
Marketing Analyst
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2020

"Notion was great, now, after the personal plan limit removal it's awesome"

Comments: I really love it. Gave my life organization, a really needed dashboard to concentrate most of my things.

Pros: Don't get me wrong, I know there are situations where a dedicated software is needed, but for many people, that only needs a note keeper, a simple kanban or task list, Notion is perfect. Since the removal of the limitation on personal plans, Notion is my go-to app for organizing my life that was scattered back then. I simply love it.

Cons: The personal plan is perfect for me, but I miss the possibility of inviting friends or my partner to collaborate in some pages. Also, for being so many things at the same time, it has some kind of learning curve compared to competitor like One Note, Trello or Evernote which are somewhat intuitive.

• Reviewed on 25/09/2020
Main editor
Industrial Automation, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2020

"Steep curve of learning"

Comments: It's a good application to share a knowledge base between coworkers. Even you can use it to "stitch" together documents in other services (like a Table of Contents). The ability to create multiple kinds of text (code, toggle blocks, to-do lists...), and the databases to organize info makes it useful for multiple sectors (marketing, developers, etc.). Even you can start with example templates and start to learn if it fits your needs.

Pros: You can use it from the first minute to take rich notes. It has a lot of features that lets you create a rich wiki-style knowledge repository. Then you can learn about its quite powerful database system, that lets you use pages as database rows, to organize your info in rows and columns. It has good integrations with Google Drive and other systems, so you can embed documents from other sources.

Cons: It lacks an API or other system that lets you connect with other apps, create actions though buttons and similar things. As of Aug 2020, they say they're developing an API. Some tricks and features of the app are difficult to understand or discover (tiny details with databases and so). Team plans are a little expensive (and not clearly explained) if you want to use more than one workspace per user.

• Reviewed on 06/08/2020
Operations Manager
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/08/2021

"It can be confusing at first, but very diverse software!"

Comments: I love the endless possibilities of Notion - you can build so much with this tool. However, it's not easy at first and it can take some time to get used to it. I benefited greatly from watching tutorial videos on Youtube and using templates that I was able to find online. So my number one tip is: take a look at tutorials before you start using it and definitely use templates to get ideas and get going faster.

Pros: Notion is just a diverse platform and it can have so many different uses. All its tools and features allows you to build very personalized projects. One of the most amazing uses I have seen is being used as a complete wiki for a company. Also great for project management and collaboration tool.

Cons: Since it has so many features and uses, it can be very overwhelming at first. It takes time to figure it out, so I wouldn't say it's very user friendly. Some research and digging and playing around is needed before you get the hang of it. Honestly, it takes some time for one to become an avid user and just be able to freely use the software.

• Reviewed on 17/08/2021
Digital Strategist
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2021

"Great collaboration, documentation and task management tool"

Comments: We love it on our team and would be lost without it. If we were to lose Notion, we would have to replace it with several other tools.

Pros: Notion is robust enough that we can store our documentation here, share with the whole team and manage our meetings and project tasks all in one place. If there's something to do, we know where to find it.

Cons: Formatting text is somewhat limited, but fine most cases. The mobile apps are very convenient but some of the features for iPad do match up to the desktop experience.

• Reviewed on 30/03/2021
Sheraz A.
Sheraz A.
Associate Project Manager
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2021

"Best Choice for knowledge Transfer"

Comments: I would say, I will keep using it for both my professional and personal use. Right now, I don't see any alternative to this.

Pros: The notion is one of the best tools out there for transfer knowledge, documentation, and journal. I have been using it for professional and personal use.
- Apps available
- Amazing Search
- Very Easy to Share
- Guest access to limited pages.
and much, much more. I don't think I know of any other similar tools. I have used g-docs, Evernote, etc but this was simply put another level

Cons: The only cons I found while using this application were switching between my professional and personal notion accounts. Which has improved over time and I hope will improve even more.

Alternatives Considered: Google Docs and Evernote Teams

Thibault L.
Customer Success Manager
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2019

"Notion is so powerful!"

Pros: Notion has become the most important place to store business information from company handbook, to projects, to personal notes, to business information, to spreadsheets and Kanban boards. It is THAT flexible!

Cons: Since we use it for everything at work, it can sometimes be difficult to find the right information. Another improvement would be better/faster sync and offline support on the iOS mobile apps.

• Reviewed on 18/06/2019
Saggi N.
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2021

"It's not that Notion is bad, but is there anything really special about it?"

Comments: It helps us keep track, as a team, of what's going on and keep things in our organizational long term memory

Pros: Notion is what we use as the company's memory. We keep track of meetings, we track tasks, we share ideas and documents.

Cons: I can't say it's very convenient or inviting. To me, it doesn't feel like there's a huge difference between this and Sharepoint or Google Sites. As a matter of fact, I wish Google would have something like Notion within G Suite because it makes so much sense to have it there.

Alternatives Considered: Google Drive and Trello

Reasons for Switching to Notion: The team preferred it over alternatives because it combined a few features in one place (although we still link to google docs which have their benefits)

• Reviewed on 10/06/2021
Nantia K.
UX Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/08/2020

"great knowledge base tool"

Pros: At first, I was disappointed by the limitation of blocks and was ready to move to another tool, but I was caught in the middle of the process and returned to Notion after unlimited blocks were allowed for free users. I also think it would be a great collaboration tool. I like the variety of tools it has and some integrations which are helpful. But most of all, I love the fact that I can instantly access from any device and make changes that I can then review from my desktop. one of the latest updates helped a lot, as the app got a bit lighter and my mobile could finally handle it.

Cons: As I was trying to copy multiple blocks and paste them at another tool, I right-clicked and there was no option of copy! Instead, I used the cmd+ and did the job. It would also be helpful if there were Sketch, Marvel, and Airtable integrations. And there is a thing that annoyed me at first but I guess I got used to it: the large white spaces at the right and left of the screen.

Alternatives Considered: Slite

Reasons for Switching to Notion: more features

• Reviewed on 26/08/2020
Eva K.
Program Manager
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2020

"Where have you been all my life?"

Comments: I got Notion when I first moved into project management. I love it. It's not has heavy as SmartSheet or as cumbersome as OneNote. It's also not a primary project management tool, in my opinion. But it's a great tool to have alongside my SmartSheet instance. Excellent for meeting notes, task tracking, building proposals and having templates at the ready.

Pros: It's like OneNote in that it's extremely powerful and feature rich. But far more user friendly and intuitive. Not to mention, the interface is great. I love how easy it is to customize and build any kind of document/structure I can imagine. And collaboration is pretty nifty too. Great perks for recommending folks that sign up.

Cons: The only thing I had any trouble with was understanding the storage/size limits on the free version. It's not super clear what a "block" is. But you can gauge it once you start building content. I haven't looked recently to see if documentation has been updated to better explain.

• Reviewed on 05/05/2020
CMO
Online Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2021

"The place for company wikis and files"

Comments: That being sad a major impact for internal collaboration and storage of solutions.

Pros: Unlimited possibilities almost when it comes to creating a "base" for your companies wiki and overall files across teams.

Cons: It can be a bit hard to navigate around the different options in the beginning. Some features and ways of inputting items could be more intuitive/clean.

• Reviewed on 22/04/2021
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2021

"Amazing digital company data platform"

Pros: There was once the situation where companies had all their info, documents, links, guides, and any other resources spread across folders, computers, accounts, cloud storage.
Notion works like a single place of truth for all your important company information, in the cloud.
Not just simple notes, but entire digitization of everything company related can live in Notion.

Cons: Of course not everything is perfect.
Some minor tweaks may be applied to some minor bugs every now and then, but nothing major.
It works great.

• Reviewed on 30/07/2021
Freelance Consultant
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2020

"State of the art documentation tool and knowledge base for small teams"

Comments: It's just a fantastic collaboration tool overall. It makes collaboration within small teams accessible, easy and fun.

Pros: I frankly don't know where to start. I'm usually very skeptical about tools that are as hyped as Notion but this tool deserves all the hype and positive reviews it gets. Simply put: Notion makes documenting and organizing documents simple. Very simple - and even fun. To the degree that people are more likely to start documenting themselves. Please note that I could only observe this with smaller teams so far.

Cons: The only con I can think about, as of today, is the absence of any API-access. But as far as I'm aware, this is already on Notion's roadmap.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2020
Mark A.
Pastor
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2021

"Great cross-platform integration"

Comments: Overall, in spite of the occasional learning curve, I have enjoyed using the program and have created numerous lists and pages. As minister, professor, and student, I have used Notion to keep things organized and on track, and it has served its purpose well.

Pros: What I like most about Notion is its ability to work cross-platform. This allows for pc and Mac users to connect seamlessly with one another, which includes full pc and tablet integration as well.

Cons: The features and templates offered by the program are numerous. However, there are times when learning the program is a little difficult and a systematic review through a YouTube training video is necessary.

• Reviewed on 27/07/2021
Founder and CEO
Venture Capital & Private Equity, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/04/2021

"It really can be your "second brain""

Comments: I was able to combine what had been multiple SaaS tools into Notion, which is a major time saver when it comes to search and connecting data. I fear, however, having all my eggs in one basket. People have said when their internet is off, they cannot work. With multiple tools, you have less risk, if one is down you can use another. It'd be good of Notion worked offline and synched (like Evernote), but I imagine due to the highly collaborative nature of this software that might be technically unfeasible.

Pros: Many people call Notion a way to create your "second brain" in that you can capture, collect, manage, and retrieve literally anything.

Cons: Steep learning curve. I've watched hours and hours of how-to training videos on YouTube and I still feel like I've got a long way to go to master the use of this tool.

• Reviewed on 07/04/2021
Engagement Strategist
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2021

"Flexible and simple"

Comments: Notion is a nicely designed collaboration tool, but because each of its individual options aren't as fleshed out as alternatives, my team seldom uses Notion. We almost always use the best-in-class options even when Notion might be slightly more convenient.

Pros: Notion lets you do a lot of basic tracking and data and document management all from the same simple interface. It's a lot like Google docs but with a cleaner interface and way fewer clicks required to do what you want.

Cons: Some of Notion's document types don't have the full functionality you need—e.g. their spreadsheets don't compare to Excel or Google Sheets, and their Board template isn't as fleshed out as Trello.

• Reviewed on 10/02/2021
Daniel G.
Business Analyst
Banking, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2021

"Notion for Managing team tasks"

Pros: The interface is pretty and friendly
Has a lot of different pages creation options
Easy to see what every team in the company is working on

Cons: Format limitations
Connectivity within pages can be confusing, you can loose track of what page belongs to what project

• Reviewed on 06/08/2021
Laran W.
Owner/Operator
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2021

"Learning curve, but proving worth it."

Comments: While I've only been at this a few weeks, I'm finding that my Notion app is the first place I go to every day. Everything from reading, writing, note taking, database building. It's all right there.

Pros: I really like that there are so many resources on youtube to learn whatever you need to know. Once you get into a flow, it really becomes a time saver. I also like that it's not expensive for what Notion offers in benefits/features.

Cons: Interestingly enough, I think Notion is so far ahead of it's time that the learning curve can be steep. I've had to onboard one person who has very little computer skills at all, and I am concerned with her ability to learn Notion in a timely manner. That said, if she truly wants to learn overall computer skills, I think Notion is a good option for training. People will learn ordinary computer skills while being masterfully tutored in Notion through all of the resources available.

• Reviewed on 10/08/2021