RUN Powered by ADP Reviews

• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.3 /5

About RUN Powered by ADP

RUN simplifies payroll and HR with a comprehensive set of easy-to-use tools, all backed by ADPs small business expertise.

Learn more about RUN Powered by ADP

Melody W.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/08/2019

"Quit ADP because of their "security""

Comments: So, when I decided to leave ADP, they didn't file my quarter 1 even though I changed right at the end of quarter 1. Thus resulting in my filings being late, late fines, headaches, etc. I would not recommend ADP to anyone I care about.

Pros: ADP has some positives. Their customer service is always polite and helpful. Otherwise, hard for me to say much positive.

Cons: ADP must be the only software company in the world that hasn't resolved what is a very simple issue. If one of my employees forgot their password and could not log in to see their paystubs, I, the administrator, had to call ADP to get it resolved. Their is no option for employees to call customer service themselves to fix it. ADP always stated that this was for "security reasons," which I find hard to believe, as every other company has figured this out. I kept ranting at them and finally they gave me a code to give to any employee that was locked out to prove they had permission to see their paystubs. Next time it happened, I gave the code to the employee, and ADP still called me to make sure they had permission. That was the last straw! I am a business owner and administrator, my time is too valuable to be calling them all the time when this is absolutely resolvable.

by ADP on 08/08/2019

Melody,

We apologize for your frustrations with your experience during your time with us. Security is front and center in what we do to ensure the safety of your company and your employee's data.

Your feedback is very important to us here at ADP so we thank you for the review.

The RUN Powered by ADP? Team

• Reviewed on 02/08/2019
Pam S.
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2018

"Run by ADP makes payroll super easy! Payroll takes me less than 10 minutes with a staff of 30!"

Pros: What I like best is how simple and user-friendly it is. The ease of initially setting up an employee can't be beaten. I especially love how fast I get payroll done. Run takes all the guesswork out of payroll. I simply approve what RUN has already done and submit. Payroll is just that easy! Plus I can easily access any payroll, employee or tax document. The best part, if I make a mistake their staff is incredible at finding a solution! They're friendly and very knowledgeable. I highly recommend using Run in conjunction with ADP's ezlabor. You';re employees clock in and get paid under the same system which saves even more time!

Cons: The only flaw I can is that if an employee puts in their 2 week notice, for example, you cannot add it to run in advance. You have to wait until the employee is no longer clocking in/out to update their information. It would have saved a step to be able to put it in immediately when they give notice.

• Reviewed on 07/03/2018
Joan m P.
Entreprenuer and Business Owner X 4
Construction
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2017

"The product is getting better over time."

Pros: The product is a good product, money value is cost effective, informative, easy to understand. I have used ADP for about 23 years. I have seen several products that were used. Technology moves fast and this product provides future assurance of meeting the technological needs that businesses will be looking for to help run their payrolls. Education of the product and how it links into the unemployment office and keeps records on our employees and their payroll tax needs is also very important The reports that are offered can provide endless data. I am appreciating all these features available to me as I focus on running the company as well. I need quick, friendly and understanding customer service attendants that can help with my unique needs for my employees. It is a product that NEVER CLOSES and this is invaluable as my hours of work never close. Thank you for all the support that is at my fingertips. I would not want it any other way. A product I can count on!

Cons: So many functions on one page that it sometimes loses its value of finding the right page for the right need. Maybe more pages with less on each page would make a person that is just starting out with ADP feel that it is more user friendly product.

• Reviewed on 18/08/2017
Sofi O.
Recruiter
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2018

"ADP: The Ultimate Payroll Solution"

Comments: I wish I could go back to RUN or upgrade to Workforce Now. ADP 411 still helps me when I call needing advice or information and I'm not even a customer anymore. I have zero complaints about ADP. From the service to the functionality to the design, they have always delivered excellence in my experience.

Pros: It's simple enough to navigate even if you haven't used RUN before. The features are organized in a way that makes sense, and if you have any trouble you can always call and someone will help you. The support is hands-down the best "feature" because ADP service is above and beyond what you get elsewhere. The guidance they offer is sound and they do everything they can to seek more informed recommendations if you ever have a grey-area question. They also prepare filings on time and without error.

Cons: The only thing I disliked was that we outgrew RUN at my current company and had to upgrade to a solution that suits businesses with 50+ FTE headcount. ADP does offer other platforms that serve a larger scale, so it's not a big deal as long as you upgrade to another ADP product. I would never recommend switching to another provider. It's been a nightmare for me to be forced to work with a new company which I won't name here. You can't even call them a competitor because they do 5% of the work ADP did for me and they charge twice the price.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2018
Communications Director
  • Reviewed on 17/01/2019

"Perfect Payroll Software for Small Businesses"

Comments: Anytime I have a question, I can get an answer quickly, day or night. Their support and customer service is excellent. They make it a seamless process to add employees, set up payroll, etc.

Pros: We chose to go with ADP because of the ease of use for a small business. It's perfect for running payroll and keeping track of everything for you, including worker's comp insurance, benefits, 401K, etc. We, as a small business, wear many hats and HR/Payroll isn't necessarily our forte so it's a weight off of our shoulders to feel great about the process for payroll and deductions without it being a huge hassle. We also appreciate that employees can log in and make any changes they need to or see pay stubs.

Cons: ADP does cost a bit, but the easy of use is totally worth it for us. The other annoying thing is that someone is constantly calling to sell us more services.

• Reviewed on 17/01/2019
Danyell D.
Operations Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2017

"Awesome, a true asset to our company"

Comments: Simplified the needs of the Human Resources department and accurate information is a click or phone call away.

Pros: Functionality, everything is easy to use and get to. If there every is an instant I can't figure something out or I don't have the time the client care team helps me or they may even do it for me if time does not permit them to walk me through it. Their representative are always happy to help and make sure what your issue is addressed before they disconnect.

Cons: They aren't physically in my office to just do everything for me. If ADP would send one of their representatives to run our Human Resource Department everything would be great

Cosme E.
Leasing Professional
Real Estate, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2019

"ADP at Work"

Comments: ADP allows me to keep track of my benefits for medical and dental so I can get to use for myself and family. I can also check this on my mobile which saves time and energy.

Pros: I absolutely love ADP because of the easy to use functions that allow to track time sheets for work. The best function is the W-2 feature which holds past information for tax purposes to go back and forth between employers.

Cons: I have no cons with this software. I love all the features.

• Reviewed on 25/01/2019
William M.
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/05/2020

"I love Run ADP"

Pros: I love that I can fix time cards for employees in real time and that the system is really user friendly.

Cons: Military Time is the preferred time usage.

by ADP on 05/06/2020

William,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of RUN Powered by ADP?.

How wonderful to hear that RUN? provides you with the information and access you require at your fingertips, empowering you to focus on your business!

We appreciate your valuable insights!

-Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

• Reviewed on 04/05/2020
Account Executive
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2018

"intuitive do-it-yourself payroll software"

Comments: On days that I don't have to call the customer support line, I get many hours back in my day to focus on the business. Additionally, using a payroll company in general is better for quarter end taxes.

Pros: THis product has a high ease of use and is very straightforward. running payroll only takes a couple minutes. Anytime I've needed to include additional line items, adding these in is quite easy

Cons: The cons are less about the software and more about the software support. Although it doesnt happen often, calling in for support is typically a nightmare scenario: long wait times and being connected with someone from across the country

• Reviewed on 13/03/2018
Grayson T.
Restaurants
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2018

"Do you have to pay taxes on payroll? Do you like doing math? Just use ADP."

Comments: Peace of mind knowing that I am not making a mistake that puts me in a bad position with the IRS.

Pros: They provide a lot more than just payroll processing. That's the meat and potatoes of it but they also now have the option to use zip recruiter for your hiring needs. That's a big asset. And, they have a great HR portal. You have access to just about every document and standard possible with a simple search or catalog inquiry. I'm a big fan of one stop shop ideas and this is becoming that. They have it easy to track paychecks, employee's files, reconcile past pay periods, pay taxes on manual checks, etc. And they are a great team for customer service. I've never had a bad experience with them. Oh, and they are adding in a scheduling option to schedule you staff and track their clock in/out times with GPS.

Cons: Cost. It's always the cost. But, convenience comes at a price. This is no small fee service. If you have a small staff and don't mind doing the math you can probably just use QuickBooks. But ADP Run makes it really, really easy to pay your team.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2018
Tracey C.
Operations Manager
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2018

"My favorite payroll software"

Comments: I switched to ADP about 4 years ago and have not regretted the decision at all. They are helpful and easy to use and I love the support they give me in all aspects of my HR portion of my position. I get calls to switch all the time and I am so happy with ADP i tell them no thank you!

Pros: I love this payroll software as it is so easy to use and retrieve reports etc. I have used other programs and the support they give at ADP and this program are by far the best. I have used many of the inherent products to create an employee manual and read their HR tips for help with my job.

Cons: The program is so fast and efficient that if you make a mistake, the checks are already processed and on their way before you can call and fix the problem. A small lag time would be helpful.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2018
Heather K.
CEO, Simply Beautiful by Heather
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2017

"I've been an ADP user since 1999 and it's always been growing with us!"

Pros: Constant updates and ADP actually listens to the feedback of their customers. I LOVE having a dedicated manager to answer my questions or to direct me in the right direction.

Cons: I wish that when setting up a new tax that needs an ID #, that ADP would handle contacting the state for id #'s, etc.

by ADP on 07/12/2017

Hi Heather -

Thank you for providing a positive review of our WFN platform. We appreciate your business and loyalty to ADP!

• Reviewed on 05/12/2017
Nate M.
HR/Marketing/IT
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2019

"Great payroll service for smaller companies"

Comments: Makes running payroll a simple process and takes care of all taxes and employer responsibility

Pros: Ease of use, customer support, simplicity, everything works like its supposed to

Cons: Could have more options and features that some of the other bigger services have. Had a little trouble with implementation team

by ADP on 27/06/2019

Nate,
Thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP?. We here at ADP understand the value of an easy, intuitive product along with exceptional service so we are thrilled to hear your feedback. Enhancements to RUN Powered by ADP? and new features are always centered around elevating your world of work so we value your suggestions and insights!

• Reviewed on 24/06/2019
Mark P.
Team Leader
Automotive, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2019

"ADP User"

Comments: Overall, it is a user friendly software and is a great, organized program.

Pros: I like that the software breaks down each specific type of pay and even shows a pie chart of where my money has gone and what type of deductions were taken out of my check. There is also a downloadable pdf copy of my official paystub.

Cons: I did not like that it resets your password occasionally and that you can’t use your last four passwords. I do not have a wide array of memorable passwords.

by ADP on 04/10/2019

Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of RUN Powered by ADP?!

We are thrilled to hear that RUN Powered by ADP? provides you with ease of use and peace of mind so you can focus on the things that matter most . We value your feedback and appreciate your insights!

- Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

• Reviewed on 29/09/2019
Irene K.
preschool director
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2019

"ADP Run"

Comments: I find APR Run very easy to use. I can find reports quickly. I can go back and print pay stubs or tax reports. It's easy to add employees and to delete employees. The few times that I needed support, a human being answered the phone and talked me through the problem.

Pros: ADP Run is intuitive. I rarely need to ask for support.

Cons: I can't sign in directly to ADP Run, I have to choose through a few ADP options first.

by ADP on 07/08/2019

Irene,

Thank you for taking the time to post this stellar review of RUN Powered by ADP?. We are thrilled to hear that RUN Powered by ADP? provides you with ease of use so you can focus on the things that matter most. We can certainly help you with getting straight to your log in page! Our Service Team looks forward to hearing from you so we can assist.

-Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

• Reviewed on 01/08/2019
Karen S.
Payroll Manager
Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2017

"Always"

Pros: The easy, functionality and support. Whether you are a new user to the software or have worked on ADP products it is user friendly.

Cons: Sometimes the upgrades are not always the best. I m not a fan of the new view for pay statements. I would like to be able attend classes in person not on the web.

• Reviewed on 07/08/2017
Janessa B.
Payroll specialist
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2017

"ADP makes my daily job, much easier"

Pros: Customer service is very helpful, reliable, and fast. There is a peace of mind, having a network of people that can help via a phone call or email

Cons: Some of the upgrades are done without us properly being prepared or trained to use. Although, that is where great customer service comes in:)

Events Manager
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2018

"Easy to navigate payroll portal"

Comments: Access to my payroll information with ease and assurance.

Pros: ADP makes the payroll process convenient and stress free! I know that any time I have a question regarding my pay, PTO and tax information, I can easily log into my account on the ADP site and pull that information up without any hassle or back and forth with HR. The website is easy to navigate and has strong security features that keep my professional information safe.

Cons: I remember thinking the format of the pay stub was a bit confusing at first, but it just took a few minutes to familiarize. The only other thing I can think of is that once, I forgot my password, and it kicked me out after three attempts, which was frustrating and I had to wait a couple of days, but I was glad that ADP is strict about privacy and security.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2018
Stephanie L.
Accounting & Customer Service Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2017

"The functionality of the features used, save time overall."

Comments: I am still a fairly new user of run ADP and I know there are features available that have not been enabled. It would be nice if there were a detailed list of features with the descriptions of uses, for everything available with each level of package being used.

Pros: I manage the accounting and payroll for a small business. While I have the ability to process payroll manually, ADP saves a tremendous amount of time that needs to be focused elsewhere. ADP also supports the business whenever any legal issues come up when reporting and/or paying taxes. I was sent an alert that the company's rates were being raised in the state of IL, weeks before it was scheduled to occur. The alert enabled me to dispute the raise in rates and keep the company's tax rates at the lower percentage. It would have been much more difficult and time consuming, had I not had the support of ADP.

Cons: The customer support is lacking. I recently upgraded to include the HR Support add-on because I was supposed to have my 6 free months for joining ADP, was due to start. I ended up not receiving my free months and am still working with the sales rep to have this corrected. Although this is frustrating, the sales rep from ADP did make the time to go over the functions available with the HR add-on, so I can fully utilize all it has to offer.

• Reviewed on 15/11/2017
Silvana S.
Payroll leader
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2017

"I find that ADP have great customer service employees."

Pros: It is easy user friendly, easy to follow how to hire, terminate employees. Reports are accurate and fairly easy to create.

Cons: If you submit a payroll file, you need to call in to delete it.
with other ADP software, you were allow to delete the batch yourself.

Neil R.
Controller
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2019

"Inexpensive and Robost"

Pros: If you wish to have a platform that runs payroll and just payroll without any added features this is the platform for you. Its easy to use, understand and it never seemed to fail.

Cons: The only con that I can think of is that it was I wasn't informed of all of the upgrades that I could have gotten with it. Instead I had upped to a different platform and hated the next 2 years.

• Reviewed on 19/02/2019
Lisa G.
Accountant
Food & Beverages
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2016

"Very happy with Run platform which replaced Easypay."

Pros: Run is very easy to use. ADP has a very fast turnaround time. We would submit payroll Thursday for Friday delivery. They offer top notch customer service for payroll. They offer a lot of different reports and a report writer.

Cons: If you need ACA reporting, you must upgrade to next platform, Workforce which is much more expensive. Another negative is that you do not have a dedicated support person. Every time you call, you get a different person on the phone.

• Reviewed on 18/08/2016
Ashley B.
Operations Coordinator
Think Tanks, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2018

"Easily accessible Payroll tool"

Comments: The customer service that ADP provides is top notch. They provide great tutorials and can help troubleshoot nearly every possible issue that has arisen over the phone.

Pros: Love being able to submit payroll reports on the fly through the App. Reports are automatically compiled for me after submitting makes for an easy filing system as well!

Cons: Removing employees through the App has created trouble, and delayed processing. The employee viewpoint needs a bit of work, I've had complaints that it is difficult to update bank information and mailing addresses.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2018
Office Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2019

"Excellent for small businesses"

Comments: Overall it has been a great tool and I am happy we used it. (we are upgrading to Total Source) ADP is a great company and stands by their products.

Pros: It is easy to use and has many different features.

Cons: Customer service can be hard to get ahold of when I need help. The chat option is nice, but sometimes I have to wait around 20 minutes for someone to be available.

by ADP on 31/07/2019

Thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP?!

We love hearing that RUN Powered by ADP? is not only easy and intuitive for you, but that it also provides you with features that add value to your organization and add time back into your day.

We value your feedback about the RUN Powered by ADP? Service Team. Don't forget, you can reach us by phone, email or chat!

Thank you!

• Reviewed on 25/07/2019
Nicholas S.
Consultant
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2016

"used it to keep track of time and 401k"

Pros: I used this product to keep track of my time and attendance for payment purposes. In addition I used the online feature, mykplan, to keep track of my 401k plan.

Cons: I do not have any negative things to say about ADP, other than I would have like to see more mobile integration for iOS to keep track of the information. If this feature is available, making it easier to find would be helpful.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2016