15 years helping British businesses

Adobe Workfront Reviews

4.4 (1,434) Write a Review!

About Adobe Workfront

The collaborative work management leader, helping companies plan, execute, and deliver great work and exceptional customer experiences.

Learn more about Adobe Workfront

Pros:

I also really like using their project templates for repeatable workflows. Once a project is set up, it is quite intuitive on how to iterate.

Cons:

There are no tools to further organize projects and tasks further than their due date.

Adobe Workfront ratings

4.1
4.4
4.3
4.2

8.3/10

Adobe Workfront has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars based on 1,434 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Adobe Workfront before?

Filter reviews (1,434)

Faith
Faith
Technician in South Africa
Banking, 1,001–5,000 Employees

It has given us ability to plan, manage, and measure work based on data

Comments: Sharing of projects is now easy and every member of the team has up to date data on project progress. Moreover, executives look for loopholes to help in easily and monitor progress.

Pros:

It has given us ability to plan, manage, and measure work based on data which helps organization executives to monitor work in real-time using the data. The most important thing is that their support team worked with us from the beginning to create a platform that best fits our job environment. Now we can easily work in teams as we are able to plan, create and share tasks and projects within the platform and most importantly Workfront was integrated with the softwares that we use on a daily basis. Another benefit is that they offer a free trial for an organization.

Cons:

The vendor support team took a little bit longer in creating the Workfront platform that could best match our needs but in all it was a success and now we are good.

Shayla
Shayla
Human Resources Specialist in US
Internet, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Workfront simplifies project and job routing

Comments: I use Workfront on a daily basis, for the better part of each day. When I submit proofs to clients, they have the option to read the proof, make any comments or suggestions they have, or decide whether or not the proof should be authorized. The tools that are located at the top of the page may be used by the customer with ease to highlight or point to what they want altered.

Pros:

I enjoy that the dashboard makes it simple to view the tasks on which I have been tasked to work as well as the due dates for those projects. I am able to view the approvals that are waiting, as well as my to-do list, which helps me keep my job on track.

Cons:

The calendar function on their website is not to my liking. It does not function very well, and it makes it tough to view your projects within a monthly timeline, which is something that is incredibly crucial for a content team to achieve.

Andrew
Adtech and SEO Manager in US
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees

Adobe Workfront is the platform you love to hate

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Workfront streamlines task management and in-depth processes. Its deep customization abilities allow you to tailor the tool to meet your company's needs and specific processes.

Cons:

Workfront has a clean UI and looks friendly, but there are a lot of links behind the scenes between tasks, projects, etc. To master this takes a lot of practice and is a steep learning curve. My previous workplace just used Workfront for timesheets, which made it much easier.

Higher Education, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Frustrating Software That You Have to Bend to Your Needs

Comments: Workfront was designed to allow us to track time and build support queues. The goal was to have one system that could be modified to many different teams.

Pros:

The time tracking functionality is really good. It breaks out time by day and by project / task. It's easy to generate reports based on the breakdown, not only for personal use but also for management.

Cons:

The software is so incredibly frustrating. it is powerful, but only if you're really willing to sit with it and forecefully bend it to your needs. Some of the decisions they made in software design and logic, literally make no sense. some things are intuitive, and then other things aren't intuitive at all. I think for me the biggest issue is lack of consistency with ease of use and the product itself. It also gets confusing with the different levels and their hierarchical order, which I think even they get lost in sometimes themselves. There is a community of users, and I will say that the official help documentation has improved greatly over the past few years. But a lot of it was trial and error. The only reason I was involved is because higher management had made the decision to use this product without really considering the users and the rollout team.

Lindsey Raye
Lindsey Raye
Email Marketing Manager in US
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees

Adobe Workfront is Great, just needs constant updates

Pros:

Managing multiple business lines with ability to manage and tag departments if I needed creative or mark test completed

Cons:

There were a lot of redundant pages that seems to need to be merged or closed

Margaret
Margaret
Software Developer in US
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Workfront helps us make projects more efficient

Comments: We can quickly and easily generate reports that are informative and easy to read thanks to the reporting tools. Workfront is a crucial component of our company's workflow, and it comes with outstanding support from knowledgeable experts whenever we have questions or concerns.

Pros:

We really like how Workfront simplifies project creation because to its intuitive UI, portability across platforms, and task-setting flexibility. It automatically refreshes all of the data, so we can view the most recent updates to team projects at any moment.

Cons:

Sometimes Workfront's capabilities fall short of what I need, and that makes me frustrated. As an added complication, overlapping task deadlines might make it look like a project is falling behind schedule when, in reality, it is just running a little behind schedule.

Derek
President in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Great Product

5.0 last month New

Pros:

We have been using Adobe Workfront for the past year and it is an amazing product and i highly recommend it to anywone looking for a digital collaboration software program that empowers your teams. We are in the nonprofit sector and the tools it provides helps our teamto plan, execute, and monitor projects in real-time.

Cons:

The only downside is the having to pay for it as we are a small nonprofit, but we believe it is well worth it .

Operations Manager in UK
Banking, 10,000+ Employees

A Valuable tool

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Really helped with collaboration and workflow management.

Cons:

Our experience has been hugely positive to date

Mihaly
Manger team in Romania
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Adobe exactly want that you need

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: my overall experience with adobe work front was ok

Pros:

I liked the way he planned the project with this grade 10 program

Cons:

There is nothing I can say that I didn't like, it's ok from all points of view

Angela
Angela
Owner in US
Retail, Self Employed

Adobe Workfront? YES PLEASE!

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I love Adobe work and grades with Adobe creative cloud and makes everything so much easier and everything runs so much

Cons:

I have not gone back word to say about Adobe Workfront. It has help through so much of my business start up.

Mohammad
Software developer in Jordan
Computer Software, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Adobe Workfront is your project management turn-key assistant.

Comments: One of the best known applications available worldwide in the market.

Pros:

It is a combination of people working for you. The features are great and simple to learn and teach to others.

Cons:

Can't find a mistake in this software. Its great.

Andrew
Internet, 51–200 Employees

Sys Admin User

Comments: We use the tool to manage all website development projects (tasks, assignments, schedule, LOE, performance reporting, team management, etc.) time logging, Agile burndown, Kanban, employee tracking, and billing; pretty much every aspect of our business.

Pros:

-The ability to customize the software to fit within your business operations. It's not a one size fits all where you have to modify company operations to fit within like other PM software. -The reporting functionality and the ability to build custom reports -Once you learn how to use it and get to know the intricacies, textmode is AMAZING! It allows you to build very custom reports, templates, fields, calculations, etc. to meet the needs of your business. -The support team is great! Having a dedicated support contact with standing weekly 30-minute meetings has been very helpful. Additionally, the "consulting hours" come in very handy when there are items that myself or other system experts within my company can't figure out because they are able to use their knowledge and expertise to get us what we need.

Cons:

-We submit enhancement ideas or tickets to the product team and feel like they always just get lost in the shuffle. There are a lot of things that we could use but I guess other companies or Workfront don't see the value so our ideas are very slow to be added to their Product Roadmap or come to market. -It's not the cheapest on the market, that's for sure. -There is somewhat of a learning curve for new employees at my company trying to learn the software just because it is SO powerful. -There could be better integrations, specifically with Git.

Kristen
Kristen
Delight Marketing Manager in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Adobe Workfront's online proofing tools have forever changed how our company collaborates!

Comments: Our experience with the online proofing tools provided by Adobe Workfront has been life changing. We had previously used an Adobe proofing application that required a proof to be uploaded to our internal servers, which are only accessible if the team member is on-site or logged into VPN through their computer. Now, with an easy-to-train online proofing tool, team members can review collateral wherever they are.

Pros:

The online proofing tools provided by Adobe Workfront have effectively changed our cross-departmental collaboration. These tools provide an easy way to organize, moderate, and gather feedback from multiple sources throughout a project. Our reviews are no longer limited to an in-house server—these tools have provided us the capability to gather feedback securely through a browser. The reviewer can quickly mark up copy, imagery, or other content within a proof and submit changes as comments, which then can be assigned as an action to our design or web teams to implement. Each proof can be assigned a deadline, and the proof automatically sends a reminder to reviewers if they have not yet submitted feedback a couple hours prior to the set deadline. This feature alone lightens the lift of project management considerably! Plus, the proofing tool is so easy to train and new team members are using the tool within 30 minutes of being introduced.

Cons:

The mobile and tablet versions of the online proofing tools leave much to be desired. Commenting is near impossible since the comment box takes up half of the screen, and markups are not easy to locate. We are hoping that they improve these versions since many of our employees work remotely and are often traveling with access to a smartphone or tablet and not necessarily a computer. In addition, the dashboard where management of all proofs takes place is not customizable. It reports recent proofs for all users, then provides a status update graphic for proofs that you yourself have deployed. If this could be customized to show proofs for a particular department, campaign, or project, that would be immensely helpful.

Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Adobe Workfront: A comprehensive project management solution with a high price tag

Comments: Overall, Adobe Workfront is a comprehensive project management solution that offers a range of tools to help businesses manage their projects efficiently. However, the high price tag and complex pricing structure may make it less accessible to smaller businesses, and the steep learning curve may require additional investment in training.

Pros:

Comprehensive feature set: Adobe Workfront offers a comprehensive set of features, including project management, resource management, task management, collaboration tools, and reporting.Customizable workflows: Users can create custom workflows that suit their specific needs, making it easy to automate processes and save time.Integration with other tools: Adobe Workfront integrates with other Adobe tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Experience Cloud, as well as other third-party applications, allowing users to streamline their workflows.Good customer support: Adobe Workfront offers good customer support, with a range of resources available, including a knowledge base, training videos, and email support.

Cons:

Expensive: Adobe Workfront is one of the most expensive project management solutions on the market, making it less accessible to smaller businesses.Steep learning curve: The software can take some time to learn, and users may need to invest in training to get the most out of the product.Limited customization options: While users can customize workflows, the overall appearance and layout of the software cannot be customized.Complex pricing structure: The pricing structure can be complex, with additional costs for certain features, making it difficult to calculate the total cost of ownership.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51–200 Employees

Big Fan

Comments: I started as a planner and then got promoted to a Marketing Project Manager and became the System Admin. Over time I've noticed people staying on track of their assignments better and knowing overall deadlines. Also all communication for the project lives in one place for everyone on the project, so you don't have to be worried about falling out of the loop via emails like before. User adoption is up thanks to great boot camp training for me as a system admin.

Pros:

I really like the organizational elements. Building templates takes a lot of time, but once they're built, it makes it easy for bulk editing and converting requests into projects. When it was first implemented, the company wasn't on board outside of the Marketing department. After attending Admin Boot Camp, I created a staff training program and now user adoption is much higher. I especially love the legacy of projects. You can refer to previous years for recurring events/projects. Your support team is very nice and professional. Lately your team has offered calls after submitting tickets which I greatly appreciate it. It makes it much clearer on both ends. Also love that all documents, updates, etc. live in one place and not in dozens of offline emails!

Cons:

The new Home isn't fantastic. There are still a lot of limitations, so the number of clicks are still the same as the legacy version. For example, if they want to refer to a document in the task, they have to click into the task. Also, there's difficulty in seeing all updates made in the task so if you need to reply to a thread, you can't do it. At least our users can't.

Rabie
designer in Morocco
Design, 51–200 Employees

Workfront lets you manage numerous projects from a single location

Comments: Our department has a large number of remote workers, so having a central hub where all of the ongoing and finished projects are accessible is invaluable.

Pros:

Scalability is one of Adobe Workfront's best features. It is made to easily adapt to changes in your business and to be able to support teams of any size and complexity. This makes it ideal for teams that develop and change over time. The software has a ton of features that make it simple to manage and keep track of projects and is incredibly user-friendly. It also has a strong reporting system that can assist you in finding areas that need improvement right away. Last but not least, Adobe Workfront has top-notch customer service and a skilled support staff that can assist you if you ever need it.

Cons:

I don't particularly enjoy a few aspects of Adobe Workfront. First of all, some users may find the pricing model difficult to understand, especially if they are unfamiliar with project management software. The platform provides a wide range of features, but some of them might be redundant or unnecessary for particular teams or businesses. Adobe Workfront may also have some restrictions in terms of user adoption and software integrations given that it is a relatively new platform.

Hospitality, 10,000+ Employees

I was hesitant, but I'm a believer

Comments: I'll admit... they sort of had to drag me kicking and screaming into using Workfront. I feared that it was going to be one of those things where it took more time to document/track what you're doing than it took to actually do it. Fortunately that turned out not to be the case. We've found a good balance between tracking things and not having to "feed the beast" all the time.

Pros:

Workfront is quite versatile for tracking projects and larger workflows. We use it for individual projects, ongoing work efforts, and even tracking ideas for future development. Other areas of our business use it as a request queue as well, which helps us to put in requests with our communication team and even log suggestions for office improvements. A decent (but not mindblowing) reporting suite with text and simple graphic output helps share status updates.

Cons:

The reporting suite could allow for a bit more freedom; it feels slightly stilted when trying to use it. I also was not a fan of the option to have the software tell you that you're on track or behind. I prefer to assign the status myself as I'm involved with the project more intimately and have more of the big picture. Fortunately that's easily changeable in the project settings. The real cons are honestly self-induced. The temptation is there to track all the minutiae of every little bit of the project. And you certainly can... but it ends up being counterproductive as you spend more time updating than doing. Keep your items lofty and you'll avoid that trap.

Claire
Social Media Manager in US
Education Management, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Workfront Helps Your Team Manage Projects

Comments: Overall, I think Workfront has helped our team manage multiple projects in an effective way. With this tool, we have been able to launch campaigns and assignments efficiently and it has helped us stay on track with getting tasks completed in a timely manner.

Pros:

Workfront has helped our team organize projects in a functional way. It allows you to group similar tasks and assign subtasks to members of your team with due dates, hours for completion, etc. Workfront also includes a built in calendar that integrates with your tasks, so if you're off on PTO or a holiday, task due dates automatically update to work around your schedule.

Cons:

Workfront can be counter intuitive sometimes when it comes to time management. There are a few functionality issues that I think could be updated to better serve its users. One example of this is having to click a button to say you're working on the project, rather than just clicking once to say you've completed the project. The interface design could also be updated to be a little more user-friendly and visually appealing.

Joe
Project Manger in UK
E-Learning, 51–200 Employees

WF Review

Comments: Overall needs all our needs.

Pros:

The reporting features are robust. Custom fields and forms allow you to adapt the product to you specific needs. Resource Management tools

Cons:

Somtimes the learning curve is steep when trying to learn a new thing in WF. User interface can be challenging.

Felix
Senior Project Manager in Germany
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201–500 Employees

It supports better delivery and works planning by connecting millions of people!

Comments: This software is perfectly designed for managers. Additionally, you get paid by working per hour. You can intuitively track your project with various capabilities that this software offers. This tool is thoroughly made with the best customizing details for the managers.

Pros:

Adobe Workfront is one of the most premium platforms which brings brilliant productive results. It helps in better screening and updates the features according to the need of hours. Additionally, you will find it the ideal tool for communication and tracking the organic audience. Thus, you should rely on this modern tool for getting expected and unexpected results. Adobe Workfront works limitlessly by providing analytical information and reports. It supports better delivery and works planning by connecting millions of people. Additionally, it helps in managing data from various enterprises. Thus, it offers helpful planning and execution of various selling plans.

Cons:

The most irritating thing about Adobe Workfront is that it takes too long to run an operation. Additionally, at times it becomes very clingy to activate. Thus, the users find it hard to manage buffer and malware issues in it.

Pharmaceuticals, 51–200 Employees

Great Project Management Tool

Comments: Overall, this is the perfect tool for marketing teams specifically, especially those who practice more of the agile marketing strategies. We previously used Trello, which I love, but Workfront provides so many more features, analytics, and potential for better collaboration among teams.

Pros:

We started using Workfront several months ago so that we could better track our projects, deadlines and time spent on each tasks. I think it’s pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it, but it can take some time to implement and get everyone on board. It’s perfect for keeping the team organized and on track, and it helps us make sure we aren’t spending to much time on certain projects. You can easily tag users to provide updates; upload documents to share; provide proofs which is especially beneficial for collaboration amongst graphics designers, content managers, and marketing strategists; log your time spent on each task; and so much more. It also provides data so you can see how many projects each team member is doing, how much time is being spent, etc which is super helpful for determining a team’s efficiency.

Cons:

It can be a challenge to get it up and running. It’s very complex so learning all of the features can take some time. Setting up some of the tasks and due dates can be frustrating and prone to human error, but overall it’s a great tool.

Emily
Emily
Retail, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great for managing projects in a good way

Comments: In general, makes teaming up inside divisions incredible and direct. Workfront had a precarious expectation to learn and adapt in the interest of me as I hadn't utilized undertaking the executives programming previously however once I started to utilize it I wound up prescribing it to purple all through our whole organization and others adored the usefulness incorporated with it.

Pros:

I love the arranging of Workfront programming it's unmistakable and present day. It helps tons by that have some expertise in arranging your ventures. this is regularly a superb item for any business to have! Makes imaginative tasks a breeze! It likewise takes into consideration speedy cooperation. Workfront has various instruments that give incredible usefulness to the clients and it is regularly profoundly tweaked to suit your requirements.

Cons:

This product sets aside huge amounts of your effort to discover. The pursuit highlight isn't the least difficult if huge amounts of undertakings are inside the framework. tons must be figured out how to understand the best appreciate utilizing the product. Of you commit the chance to really learn it well it can do some amazing things for venture the board.

Higher Education, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Better than nothing, still not great

Comments: I go to Workfront to see what's been assigned to me. I'm not responsible for creating projects. My overall experience is that it's good enough, but even after using it for a few yearsr I have trouble filtering out the noise.

Pros:

Workfront is more advanced than the system we had before (an Excel spreadsheet!) and it does make it possible for a department of 25 people to sort projects, keep track of updates and share proofs. This is especially useful now that we're working remotely. The calendar view is handy and I like being able to upload proofs directly to the project so the relevant people can keep track of them.

Cons:

There's so much noise. Tabs we never use, duplicated information, several fields containing unimportant information. It takes a while to sift through to find the meaty information, which is usually under Custom Forms of all places. It's not intuitive.

Ryan
Director of Project Management
Management Consulting, 501–1,000 Employees

Robust software trying to be everything for everyone

Comments: The support is unparalleled. Our technical, sales, Customer care team was awesome. I would say I had to use them too much, but they were great every time. Can't commend them enough for the efforts to help us. I'd say a large piece of why we stayed with WF was because of their support team. It's almost like having so many options within the tool became counter-productive. If it maintained a more unique personality, and did more consulting to help clients adjust their processes to the tool, somewhat, I think there would have been more of a win for us. Our processes were fairly simple and we got all caught up in the bells and whistles of the tool. It could very well be that the tool wasn't right for us; I didn't have any say in the decision-making process.

Pros:

The Ease of building reports; Getting the data out of the tool is really easy. The ability to format reports the way you want to see the data is very useful too. The UI is very easy to navigate, and easy on the eyes - not so busy and crowded on any one page, which I appreciate.

Cons:

Way too complex, too many moving parts, too many hard-coded definitions for tasks, groups, teams, roles, etc. The backend of WF is exhausting. I, more or less, had 2 admins that had to manage the tool for the company. I don't take off TOO much for this, as the company was very lazy in using the tool. However, part of that laziness was because of the complexity of doing simple tasks within the tool.

Erica
Insurance, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Workfront

Comments: Work management for our entire insurance organization. We want a consistent view into the work being completed in each project, program, and portfolio for budgets, resources, etc.

Pros:

1. Flexibility in providing work management options - easily tailored to support multiple functional groups within a single organization 2. Reporting tool capability - provides the ability to report and display on any piece of information captured in the work management process (with a few limitations on display - see cons) 3. Customer support model - help is always available through the Help function, Workfront Community, and Customer support group

Cons:

1. Reporting - there are a few limitations to the reporting capability (e.x. you cannot add a project gantt chart to a report or dashboard that displays in the parent/child relationship) 2. Lack of inherent integrations with other popular systems 3. Constant changing of our Customer Support Representative - the customer support model is great for answering questions (almost 24/7), but our company rep has changed 4 times in 3 years - makes it difficult to build a relationship