This is a powerful program with features we need to adapt too

Reviewed on 14/09/2019
Misty S.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Easier training for new employees. Non inventory items are easier to track without adding or deleting from current inventory. We were the first to use the Repeat Rewards with Rockmaxx and it was great to work with the support team. All customer service has been great with our ups and downs. To realize we have come so far in 6 months is unbelievable. All sales and customer service reps have followed up with our issues. We have felt like they are one of us when a new issue arrives. I feel we have a lot more to learn with this program due to it's size. A few employees have gone back to the training videos to dig in deeper. As with all programs the more you want to learn the easier it is to use

Pros: Look up features are very user friendly if unsure of the correct name for item you can search with minimum effort
Easy use for non tech employees.
Can remote in to system off site.
Price point.
Automatic updates with the cloud based system. No more scheduling these
Automatic backup no expensive server and IT to ensure this is completed.

Cons: These cons are base on using Rock Solid for 13 years.
Task takes multiple windows to complete verse all on one window.
Report program had to purchase another program to receive all reports
Time clock not within another program needed for employees
More steps and windows to complete an easy inventory fix.
No hand held device to scan and print labels as with Rocksolid

Easy to learn

Reviewed on 08/08/2017
Sharon W.
Secretary/Treasurer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I think all in all, they have a great software program for our hardware store. It fits us well without breaking the bank.

Pros: I am fortunate that I get to use both sides of the system. The POS and Roman. Both sides are easy to navigate. The inventory control is fabulous! Especially helpful when you are trying to do your weekly order. You scan something with the handheld and your inventory number for that item is right in front of you. You can do this quickly and make any corrections if necessary right then and there. It saves you time. In Roman, the ease of printing and or emailing monthly statements is wonderful! Easy program to keep track of our customer accounts. Also like the availability of useful reports to keep track of your business.

Cons: I wish at times it was quicker to get in touch with someone regarding an issue. Sometimes, you would like an answer right away to free yourself up to move on to the next thing. But, all in all, I DO LIKE the system! There isn't a perfect system out there, they all have their quirks now and again. If someone is turned off by these little bumps in the road here and there, then they are NOT being realistic.
When you do get in touch with someone, they know what they are doing and take care of your issue completely! They get the job done and correctly! No complaints with their expertise, that's for sure.

We have the system for over 15 years. We operated 3 hardware stores on a multi-store platform. We are now operate 1 store with 9 employees.

Reviewed on 22/07/2017
Jay F.
President/Owner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The Rock Solid system in our True Value hardware store allows my wife and I to travel and still have the controls necessary to conduct our business , even remotely.

Pros: The system is efficient. We handle about 250 customers per day with 2 point-of-sale units and 2 extra terminals on the sales floor and 2 in the office. We process 80% of our sales on credit cards with the new Cayan system which also is very efficient. We have house charge accounts who receive emailed invoices and statements. The reports are plentiful and the support from True Value is experienced and thorough. We utilize the employee time clock and all our employees find the system easy to operate and with our cable internet provider, quick.

Cons: I am happy to say that I cannot think of any "cons". The original system was developed by a computer person for a hardware store owner. The 2 guys then formed Rock Solid and further advanced the POS structure to make it available to retail hardware, garden centers and rental facilities in our industry. Please feel free to call me for any further information. Jay Feinsod 914-447-5935

IMOC Building Supplies

Reviewed on 17/04/2019
Cr M.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It is very user friendly, and also easy to learn to use. The support/training team goes out of their way to make sure you know what you are doing and you are setup for success.

Cons: It is a little back on forth between pages/tabs to get the information you need, but it is not a big issue. Once you learn where to find what your looking for it is a breeze.

Ok POS Sytem.

Reviewed on 11/08/2017
Angel C.
IT Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Just feels like they want t get as much money out of the customer as they can with added features that cost extra, which are part of most POS Systems basic package.

Pros: RockSolid is a reliable software with very few glitches. Uptime is high. Easy to learn and operate.

Cons: Important features needed for margins not available. Can not enter more than one product at a time. Does not have a tool to import items.

Satisfied Long Term User of Rock Solid

Reviewed on 27/07/2017
Peter S.
Administration manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Be confident in the software and the customer service/follow up. As a user i have never felt isolated. There is a strong desire within ECI to get feedback from the users and incorporate individual needs into the software where possible to the benefit of the users.

Pros: Its easy and logical to use and teach to new staff members. Down time is effectively zero and when issues have arisen customer support has been superb. Essentially we can forget about the system and concentrate on our customers. The system is flexible to my business and even has the ability to structure reports for my individual needs.

Cons: Its nice to say that its hard to think of a negative. If there is a down side to the system i have yet to find it!

POS roulette

Reviewed on 12/04/2019
Brian M.
General Manager
Building Materials, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: As a new business our old systems (Palidin/RMS) could not full support our business. We do a lot of custom special orders, on top of 22,000 items in stock and RockSolid Max efficiently monitors it all. With a very minor learning curve, RockSolid Max has met our standard in what we expect from a POS system.

Pros: This software is state-of-the-art, and has a lot of perks as well as checks and balances. We have had 4 other POS systems that did not support our business model and were not customizable. Rocksolid Max met our unique needs very well. The customer support is great. If or when I needs something there is a live agent, who speaks clearly and intelligently to address me and my issue(s).

Cons: The navigation takes a little bit of time to learn, but makes sense after a few weeks of usage. The bill pay, and applying orders to accounts or payments is a bit of a workload- but follows the check nd balances system, making it cumbersome, but manageable.

Save money! Save time! Buy RockSolid!

Reviewed on 21/03/2014
Susan T.
Building Materials
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: RockSolid is the easiest system to learn and use while saving tons of money on support - real support! The system saves us so much time that we now can do a better job of servicing our customers! Not only are we saving money on the support, we are saving money on supplies and time! We can do our jobs so much faster now. Ordering; receiving; accounts receivable; end of day, month, and year reports; and just day-to-day operations are so much faster and more efficient! Instead of getting piles of paper that I never used to look at, I get concise, meaningful reports that I need in order to run my business. If I need more, there are tons of reports I can run at any time! I love being a part of the RockSolid family! They actually appreciate my business and friendship! I know I appreciate them!

Cons: I really have nothing that I don't like about this system or vendor!

Almost 2 years in and not totally convinced yet

Reviewed on 09/01/2019
Terry I.
Building Materials, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We are committed to Rocksolid Max but the learning curve has been extremely steep

Pros: The actual point of sale function works awesome! The options and functionality available are a huge step above our old software.

Cons: The inability to reverse mistakes. The integration with our accounting software has been brutal. Availability of training for the software seems to be lacking.

rock solid max

Reviewed on 21/08/2019
Larry E.
sales
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Rock solid pos and rock solid roman were much better for overall point of sale, inventory and ordering, Rock solid max i think needs a major overhaul.

Pros: There is nothing about this product that i like.

Cons: time out way too frequently, including during a sale, should default to sales not to cash or customer name, too much waste of time, items jumps lines when changing quantity ,necessitating the constant checking of the ticket to be sure it is correct, on large orders cannot print a complete ticket,

by ECi Software Solutions on 17/09/2019

At ECI, we take customer satisfaction and reviews of our software very seriously. After reading this review, we immediately reached out to Lumber Direct to understand Larry's concerns and try to help him with the software. When we called the store and talked to the owner, Misty Stenger we were advised that Larry was a disgruntled employee who is no longer with their company. Misty said that she is very happy with RockSolid MAX and his comments do not reflect her opinion nor that of her other employees.
At the time of this review, Lumber Direct had been a RockSolid MAX customer for roughly six months and a RockSolid customer for 13 years before that. We appreciate working with their business, and the 450 other RockSolid MAX customers that we support. We invite you to read Misty's review that she posted to reflect her actual feedback and opinion about the software.

Necessary upgrade

Reviewed on 18/12/2018
Megan O.
Tech Manager / Part Owner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Good Product overall

Pros: Helped convert us from push-button registers to point of sale, and digitized our Accounts Receivable.

Cons: Not user friendly for longtime staff. (Typing-intensive and database management heavy, neither of which is intuitive in our 75+ year old store.) Presents continual staff mgmt and training needs.

We enjoy working with Rocksolid Max

Reviewed on 27/12/2018
Greg P.
Building Materials, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The people behind it are great to work with.

Pros: The process of quoting, then converting the quote to an order (both customer order, and PO), and then finalizing it with a sell is easy and efficient.

Cons: The reports for inventory and receivables, there are not very many options, and you can't customize them.

Wonderful product

Reviewed on 16/04/2019
Deb M.
Office manager/bookkeeper
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Our experience has been wonderful. No problems to speak of.

Pros: The ease of using the product. The folder tabs that you can have show on any screen that you are working in.

Cons: Reports...I wish you didn't have to purchase an outside report maker in order to do specific reports that you want.

The best short and long term investment any business owner can make.

Reviewed on 19/09/2017
Joseph S.
Presidet
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Really just the best all around system. Rocksolid has saved me Tens of thousands of dollars in the past in saved workers, JIT inventory and so so many more ways.

Pros: Rocksolid is simple, easy accurate and dependable. When/if it breaks down (CSR) will fix it. EVERYTIME. There is not enough I can say about this system after 12 years of use. It always exceeds my expectation, and the people are exceptional.

Cons: Everything is the best. No short comings. I would like to access my rocksolid computers through my phone though.

Worst Point of Sale software I have ever used.

Reviewed on 15/12/2017
Fred K.
Customer Support

Comments: This would have been an ok system 20 years ago. I had a competitors system, switched to Rock Solid, and decided to switch back after 10 months.
When inquiring with support on features all but once I was informed our system cannot do that. Support was decent, except I was on hold close to supporting hours ending when the recording stated "support hours have ended please call again tomorrow" and hung up on me. I was furious since the system was locked up I could not even run a customer purchase.
I would not recommend this system for an advanced user. I would compare ECI software Windows 98, years behind everyone else.
The reason I gave ECI one star is because I could not give it zero stars.

Cons: So many things you cannot do. ie email a purchase order, re email an invoice or run a receiving report for goods received.
Takes too many steps to accomplish a task such as looking up an item with an unknown stock number.

Waste of money.

Reviewed on 05/05/2017
Diane S.
Farming, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Waste of your money

Pros: Had great reports and end of day features. It was easy to check out customers and fairly easy to enter purchase orders.

Cons: Did not keep inventory correctly and could not get technical help. Everytime we had a problem we were told that their system had never done this before.

Much better than your pos software

Reviewed on 05/10/2017
Jasvin G.
student
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: i cant think of anything else that this company could provide in this budget friendly software. they take care of all most all those thing which are hard to integrate such as cloud computing, point to sale, inventory and credit card information.

Pros: mobile connectivity and special order handling are among the best features they are having as well as easily integrated with majority of those accounting solutions. it is one of the convenient software till the date can be proved had you not know about it till now.

Cons: there are only some features i don't prefer are troubleshooting which should last for few minutes, but that doesn't make this software not worth it. in fact their trained staff try their best to train you in 10 classes a week to teach you.

Easy Breezy

Reviewed on 07/01/2015
Mary W.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The product is easy to use. We can add on what we need easily. When I have questions, I get a quick response.

Cons: The add ons are easy, but for a new shoestring budget start-up, the cost of the add ons can add up.

Software Advice saved the day with NonProfitEasy

Reviewed on 03/01/2015
Mark C.
Retail
Overall
4.5 / 5
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: They have very helpful support, and it has great functionality. We are still learning all it can do!

Cons: So far we've liked everything! We are still experimenting with options and rolling them out slowly.

Not Retail Friendly!

Reviewed on 03/02/2018
Bonnie O.
Assistant Manager
Customer Support

Comments: If you have a high volume of customers at your cash registers DO NOT purchase this program. It runs way to slow and shuts down randomly while wringing people up. I have used 6 different point of sale programs through the years and this is the absolute WORST program I have ever used. I am a bookkeeper and do retail management and I do not recommend this program.

Pros: This would be a very good program for keeping track of sales in an office. You have lots of reports at your disposal.

Cons: Times out constantly while using. Too slow. Can't print duplicate receipts for customers. Can't do proper maintenance on products. Point of Sale and Maintenance are all in the same program so you have to quit what you are doing to ring up a customer and then start all over again from scratch. No ease of access for register people to find products that don't scan. Does not ring up sale items at sale prices. Coupons don't scan properly.

Product Review

Reviewed on 23/12/2014
Nobre A.
Apparel & Fashion
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I like the price and value proposition. They have great customer service.

Cons: They provide only annual updates to their software.

Suitable for stores and retail businesses

Reviewed on 17/09/2019
Sabari D.
Quality Controller
Warehousing, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Rocksolid max is a store and retail management software suitable for small to medium businesses. Cloud based software accessible form both desktop and mobile.

Cons: Could not find a drawback in this software.

RockSolid POS is terrible!

Reviewed on 25/02/2015
Jerrod B.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: ECi's personnel oversold the software. This software is nothing more than an overpriced upgrade from carbon copy receipts. Save your money and purchase Intuit. I have been way more satisfied as a Construction Supplier with QuickBooks.

Cons: The so called customer support is non-existent! If you feel that your software was not implemented correctly or need additional support, forget it!

Very poor product with poor support.

Reviewed on 12/11/2014
Diane S.
Farming
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It is really easy to use.

Cons: It does not keep inventory correctly. Also, support is almost nonexistent.