• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.3 /5

About Asana

Asana is the easiest way to organize and manage all of your team's work. See why 8,000+ customers give Asana 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Learn more about Asana

Showing 9,710 reviews

Filipe F.
Delevoper
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2020

"Asana review"

Comments: Asana is the best way to organize my work and share project status with clients
Easy to use on desktop and mobile

Pros: Asana is a great application to organize my tasks
I can organize it by projet or client or software version, .... we can define tags to organize task and projects
With Asana I can have a overview of my projects where I want, work great of mobile as too
Asana can share task with others, to great overview of project
Asana is easy to use for all people

Cons: At moment Asana have a lot of functionalities that is enough for organize my work
I use it every day with out any problem

• Reviewed on 31/01/2020
Britt S.
Strategic Account Manager
Commercial Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/01/2021

"Do you like lists? WOULD YOU LIKE MORE LISTS?"

Comments: We tracks projects/Deals over 5 teams with lots of timescales and deliverables. We are trying to cut down on tools because we are spread across too many of them. In the beginning, there was order and decorum, right now, it's hard to find things, and silo'ed departments are doing better than cross-functionals.

Pros: We spent about 4 months talking about the move from Trello to Asana, and about 2 months implementing it. Asana has a great project tracking abilities, and for us, the ability to put the same projects in different portfolios (think folders) was key as many different departments need vision into the same projects, but don't want to organize/think like a different department. I like the integration with slack.

Cons: Right now we are in list overload. I literally have over 200 tasks overdue in Asana right now, and it can stress you out so much, you just want to avoid the whole thing all together. Also, if you company likes to iterate a lot, it can be hard to find what you're looking for, because rules keep changing. Right now it's a mess, and I'm sure that has more to do with us than Asana. We're 80 people, we're on the way to be 200, and I'm worried about how much crazier it will get. Also, I don't like that everyone has full view into all my tasks. Somethings would be nice to be private.

• Reviewed on 27/01/2021
Technical Account Manager
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2020

"Asana is my favorite Kanban Product"

Comments: I personally have had a dandy time with the product and would use it over Trello any day of the week. I think that the team has a great dev schedule and constantly improve the product and entire platform, clean up tech debt and make older services faster. The API docs can use some work but it is not a huge deal once you get used to them. I would tell anyone looking for a pro-featured Kanban setup to use Asana time and time again. Hands down my favorite and I have used a ton of them.

Pros: Asana gives you the tools to customize and even a great APi to leverage data from Asana into your own tools. Nothing can beat that. Yes it costs money, but you are getting a tool set that is worth the price. If you are looking for something cheap, this is not for you because you would not use all the features anyway.

Cons: Asana has a learning curve but has good docs to support you. The custom data aggregation or getting data OUT of the tool is hard, but again, can be done. I had issues that were solved by customer support. Just be ready for some additional time if you plan to write a custom app that uses the API

• Reviewed on 20/11/2020
Rachel S.
Executive Administrator
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2020

"This is your new (improved) pile of sticky notes"

Comments: Love Asana and how it's improved our organization and functionality, especially with a completely remote team working together across timezones.

Pros: LOVE being able to label, sort, prioritize, date, assign, attach files to items, create sub lists, and so much more to organize multiple complex projects with a team. Especially helpful when everyone works remotely! Helps you keep your brain free for problem solving, processing, conversations, and dreaming rather than trying to hold deadlines and details and project flows at the same time. Your team will communicate more efficiently with notifications. LOVE IT!

Cons: It can be a little complex to get the hang of, but for basic use it's a pretty simple learning curve. Getting into timelines, sub lists, etc takes a little work, but is totally worth it. The other caveat is that you have to commit actually using it all the time to keep it updated and accurate. Again, totally worth it.

• Reviewed on 15/10/2020
Digital Project Manager
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2020

"Asana for Digital Agencies"

Comments: I solved the workload of every member of my team and the priority of each task. I was able to have a clear and open vision of the situation with each client and deliver their requests on time. It was very helful to us.

Pros: I used Asana for 1-2 years while I was working on a Social Media Agency. It helped me a lot to organize my team. I was able to track all the tasks in their differents stages and also I could know the workload of every member of my team.
Also I integrated Asana with my Gmail and created tasks from there, very easy and quickly.

Cons: When I started using Asana, I had trouble copying and pasting images directly from the email body. Then when they achieved integration with Gmail, this was resolved.
Also, email notifications were quite annoying until I learned how to disable them. Maybe they could add a feature to only send email notifications for important tasks.

• Reviewed on 14/09/2020
Linda S.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/06/2020

"Without Asana? Without me!"

Comments: Every process, every step, every project - it's all about Asana. It "lives" in Asana which saves us time for other stuff. Asana makes going to work fun for everyone since we know where we can find everything and where we DO everything.

Pros: Asana is a Game-Changer. It truly optimized our processes since we can automate them with this amazing tool. Also everyone in the company is able to work from wherever they want - only by using Asana. It is the best tool for organizing projects and keeping in touch with all the people in your company. You can do repeating processes as well as agile projects. I love it! And I will recommend it to everyone who is in need of having better working processes - and of course more time for other stuff.

Cons: Sometimes it's all about the details. And there are some things in Asana that need to be fixed: e.g. you need formular drafts that you can simply duplicate as well as not having a maximum number in custom fields. It would be also nice if you could automate and individualize custom rules more - but as I said: just details.

• Reviewed on 20/06/2020
Hugo C.
Projects managers
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2020

"Free version is already great, it is even better when you upgrade"

Comments: I have been using Asana for many years, when I need to refer to a good and useful tool for managing project, I always say Asana. Moreover the free version offers all the needed basic features, it is impressive.

Pros: The clean UI, the board and custom fields.

Cons: Subtasks management (mostly in the board view) because too much click to reach them and no overall view (no nice hierarchical view with parents and child tasks).

by Asana on 10/06/2020

Thanks for the awesome review, Hugo! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you.

We've some exciting updates coming up, so make sure to keep an eye on our release notes (https://asa.na/releasenotes) and product announcements in our community forum (https://asa.na/702)!

• Reviewed on 05/05/2020
Eddie L.
Co-Founder
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/03/2020

"Best in class product"

Pros: While my head of product can speak more to the specifics, we felt that of all the many products we've evaluated in this market, Asana solves those use cases best and provides a lot of flexibility at a very reasonable cost.

Cons: Not everything is perfect, but newer versions started limiting some functionality about how we represent data about specific items on the task list. Sometimes I wish tasks could be tracked in a more storyboard format, but that was less for the use case of software development, and there are other platforms for that.

by Asana on 10/06/2020

Hi Eddie, thanks so much for your feedback and detailed review!

We're always looking into new ways to improve Asana, we'd love to invite you to share these on our community forum (forum.asana.com)! We already have a few existing threads that you can upvote, but don't hesitate to create new ones, if you're thinking of a specific request that doesn't exist already.

We look forward to hearing from you!

• Reviewed on 25/03/2020
Mike G.
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2020

"Asana for Client Social Media Project Management"

Comments: It's our go-to project management tool for client social media work. We are a remote team so we need a cloud-based tool to keep everything organized and it does just that. Love the mobile app as well.

Pros: Asana has been a huge asset for our team. We can break client work down and keep it all orderly in one place with great updates.

Cons: Sometimes I get to many emails! Takes time to go in and identify who should get what alerts and updates.

by Asana on 10/06/2020

Hi Mike, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review!

It's possible to manage which type of notifications you'd like to receive by email for your projects. You can learn how to manage these notifications in the following article: https://asana.com/guide/help/projects/people#gl-notifications

And of course, if you have any follow-up questions or ideas you'd like to see implemented in Asana, feel free to join our Community Forum, where you can ask us questions, log your feature request and get support and tips from our community!

• Reviewed on 19/03/2020
Jake R.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2020

"An honest review: The Pros and the Cons!"

Comments: With the exception of having trouble reaching customer service to address a billing issue, I have nothing but great things to say about Asana. Our experience using the software has been great. It's helped my team to stay on top of multiple projects/deadlines at the same time without letting anything slip through the cracks.

Pros: Asana is extremely beneficial for tracking your progress/success on large team projects or individual tasks. The key features Asana offers can help you to ensure your team meets specific deadlines, any stumbling blocks are addressed in realtime, and it keeps everyone on the same page. I've used other project management softwares, such as Teamwork and Asana has been the most user friendly platform I've used to date. If you have members on your team that work better with daily reminders, this can be extremely beneficial to keep them on track and ensure high productivity!

Cons: There's one thing in particular that I've found to be frustrating with Asana. Their customer service has been extremely hard to reach at times. They do have employees with phone extensions, but you won't be able to find them online. They do provide a chat feature, but don't always follow up in a timely manner, which can be frustrating if you're operating on a deadline. Specifically, we had an issue with our billing and I could not get a hold of someone from Asana for weeks. We fortunately found a way to contact a representative from an email I had saved from prior communication. Aside from this, I have no cons to point out about the functionalities of the software itself. It's a great tool and would beneficial for any team to use.

by Asana on 10/06/2020

Hi Jake, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We're glad you consider Asana extremely beneficial to keep your team on track and ensure high productivity!

I want to apologize for any trouble you experienced reaching our customer service. We always aim to provide our customers with the best level of support possible and looks like we've missed the mark there. We are constantly working toward improving our support and will use your feedback as part of this process. If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know, we're always here to give a hand!

• Reviewed on 16/03/2020
Nic M.
Freelance Consultant
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2020

"Accuracy for teams!"

Comments: Asana has helped me help my clients in increasing efficiency and establishing an understanding between multiple business areas.

Pros: Asana has a number of templates and various different ways to manage and execute projects of different natures. For example, I use and always suggest to my clients that they use a weekly meeting templates where the sections match the various business operations such as marketing, operations, accounts, warehouse, etc. This allows items for discussion to be addressed in the weekly meeting and then allocated to the projects and individuals for execution. It's great for collaborating and ensuring that everyone in a team nails their dealings.

Cons: I do find it a bit pricey for smaller businesses, especially when handling multiple clients/projects from a single account and each project needs to be private. It's too expensive for freelancers or small agencies.

by Asana on 10/06/2020

Hi Nic and thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We're glad to know Asana has helped you and your clients to increase efficiency!

We recently made some changes to our paid plans, and among other things, we've implemented a paid solution for teams of 2,3 and 4 people! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if this is something you'd be interested in. We're also available via our Community Forum if you have some questions or need any assistance!

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2020
Mackenzie J.
Marketing Director
Sports, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2020

"An Advanced Version of Trello"

Comments: Overall, we have been very pleased with Asana. From a team project management standpoint and for keeping individual tasks organized and prioritized, Asana is a step up from Trello. I would recommend this for distributed teams working on various projects (with or without other business unites) who are looking to get and stay organized.

Pros: Asana operates similarly to a Trello board, but has more features and functionality, making it a better investment for teams and individual contributors. Asana enables you to both track tasks along a customizable set of groups and track/prioritize tasks for individuals and teams. Not only that, Asana's interface makes it easy to have and store conversations pertaining to project success with real-time alerts when a new comment is added. It has made working with my team and other business units much easier!

Cons: Asana does have some limited functionality that can result in lengthy conversations within each project "card." Because you are unable to link text, you must paste the full URL, which can get messy when you are adding 5-10 URLs to outside pages/docs/etc. We also cannot add rich text features like tables, which would prevent us from creating a GoogleDoc with the table and adding the link to the text thread. Small inconveniences, but inconveniences nonetheless.

• Reviewed on 06/02/2020
Director of Product
  • Reviewed on 03/01/2020

"Great task-oriented project management tool"

Comments: We manage all projects with Asana. It's really a great tool! I've tried Jira and Trello, but Asana wins them all!

Pros: + Easy to use (task oriented)
+ Statuses, projects...
+ Collaboration (description, conversations, attachments, notification)
+ Gantt chart is great!
+ Slick UI and UX! Great work!

Cons: - Premium features (processes, automations) come with a premium price
- Missing feature: a place to store all product feature specs (documents) - like editable documents in folders (something what Jira has with Confluence, but with better UI/UX)

• Reviewed on 03/01/2020
Technology Consultant
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2019

"Pretty much quite literally, my life is in Asana's hands."

Comments: Generally, having ALL of my upcoming tasks (and past tasks for historical purposes) along with the granular ways I can share tasks with others has been a pleasure. I will keep using Asana and hope they fix my main gripe at some point.

Pros: Over the years, with one exception (see below) Asana has proven to be able to evolve with the times and add features while sticking to its core purpose & values. I love the integrations that are available, all that is included in the free tier, the heavy emphasis on keyboard shortcuts and the mobile app. The key feature for me was its ability to manage multiple workspaces with ease.

Cons: Honestly, I love Asana. I have used it for keeping track of my life (personal and professional) for years but there's one thing that happened this year that is a rather large pain point for me and many of its users, judging by their community forums. Every time you switch to a new workspace, it opens in a new tab. This sounds small, but it's HUGE when you're always switching back and forth. I used to use it as a web app (without the browser chrome) so it behaved like a native desktop app. Now, as soon as I open a new workspace, it launches the browser and opens in a new tab. There's no option to disable this new "feature" and the community has spoken. Here we are almost a year later and no explanation or solution has been given (the last time I checked). Boo. That's why I docked ease of use. Also, it's starting to feel a bit heavy on my tablet. Desktop performance is still OK but does take a while to load.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2019
Heidi G.
Membership Engagement Coordinator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2019

"The organizational tool to keep your life colorful and carefree"

Comments: I'd recommend Asana to anyone who asked because I have not yet found a software that I like as much. It's colorful, inviting, and friendly. It makes you feel encouraged to look at your long list of things to do, rather than fill you with dread. In my job, I have many hats to juggle, and Asana helps to take care of it all. It's the sticky note of the internet, and I am a grateful user.

Pros: I am a sticky note person. I have sticky notes everywhere, but the problem is that sticky notes can't remind you of your tasks, notify you if you've missed a deadline, or post comments to your coworkers to find out if they've completed their portion of the task. Asana does all of that. I can organize my work life down to the millisecond if I wanted to, but that's a little overkill. Everything in Asana is clearly displayed and labeled. Our staff uses the system together, so I can keep track of what my coworkers have on their plate. It helps me to know if/when I can interrupt them or ask to assist on a task. The deadlines are helpful as well and intuitive. If you miss a task, it goes red. Check off a task, and the funniest thing happens. A unicorn shows up to congratulate you. I appreciate the humor of the software developers. It reminds me that we are all human and just want to laugh sometimes. If you have a task that needs to get done, but a coworker is the person who has to do it, no problem! Simply assign a task to them, and they will get a notification. No more tracking down staff in the office just to ask them to do something. It's a very efficient tool, and I am very happy.

Cons: There is no messaging component that allows for live chat conversations. That is the only downside. If I want to have a conversation with a coworker on a project, I have to create a comment and tag them in it- real Facebook style. If I could have a chat button to work in real time with my coworkers, I'd get rid of Slack in a heartbeat. Also, sometimes categorizing the section entitled "My Tasks" can be tricky. There are so many settings that you have to be very specific, like assigning a date and a person to the task (like yourself). If you accidentally write a task, but don't assign a date or person, that task could disappear somewhere into your growing list of things to do. It can be easy to lose a task if you're not careful.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2019
Ken I.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2019

"If I only had ONE tool, this would be it."

Comments: I use Asana every day, and it's the first thing I fire up in the morning. I can check it's inbox to see if there are any pressing issues or communications (if I hadn't already seen it in the app), and then run down my tasks which are displayed just as I've set them up. My projects are listed in the order that makes sense to me, and tasks are scheduled, communications, files, etc., all available at a click. It even talks to Toggl, so I can track my time effortlessly. As a one-man agency, I've been able to take on much more work using Asana than if I'd tried to manage everything the old way. Before I used Asana, I tried to manage projects, service and other communications via email, labels, etc., but there's just no comparison. If you make the transition to Asana, you'll be a better coordinator, project manager, business person, etc. You won't be able to help it. ;)

Pros: Asana is a very capable project coordination platform. It's very easily customized to fit my individual workflow, and extremely intuitive. I share access with some of my clients to allow them to create, edit and update tasks. I love the way this tool weans stakeholders from the jungle of email.

Cons: I wish there were a mid-level pricing tier for entrepreneurs to take advantage of some of the pro-level features, but not have to commit to the fairly pricy upgrade. Don't get me wrong, it's probably very worth it to upgrade, but I'd rather be able to choose the features that would benefit me at a reduced price rather than buy the upgrade for one or two I really want. Like when we had to buy an album just to get the 2 songs we really wanted, lol!

• Reviewed on 29/10/2019
Maria S.
Head of Product Management
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2019

"Good software with room for improvement"

Comments: Asana is a recommendable tool for task management with a very comforting surface. It is easy to handle and set up projects, tasks and teams. It though lacks some useful features that other task management tools like JIRA or teamwork offer.

Pros: Asana is very well designed and has a really nice optical appearance.
It helps to structure projects, timetables and priorize tasks in an easy understandable way.
It offers a good mobile solution with the Asana app.

Cons: Although it regularly sets up new features and helpful improvements, some features that are essential to me are missing:
- The overview of my tasks is a list that can not be sorted in many ways. It only offers to select from project, due dates and likes. I would prefer a sorting by due date connected with the priority of the tasks or due date connected with projects. As I often have up to 15 or 20 tasks per day it would be great to sort them more accurately.
- I miss the possibility to priorize tasks independently from their project. E. g. a task is assigned to my within a project and marked there with the priority medium. It though has high priority among my personal due tasks.
- Dependencies (not sub-tasks) cannot be set between different tasks. I would like to have the possibility to set a task as dependent on the completion of another task.

• Reviewed on 15/10/2019
Connor D.
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2019

"Cliche Warning: Asana Changed My Life"

Comments: I was introduced to Asana when I started as a new coach for an established executive coaching firm. At the time, I considered myself wildly-unorganized. I'd tried various task-, time-, and priority-management tools in the past and none of them really stuck. Asana was the game-changer for me. I don't know how to explain to beyond the fact that the workflow and systems seem "natural" to me. The overall flow seems to match the way my brain best operates, and their features have made tracking everything on my plate (which seems to increase every day) seem almost effortless. I'll be leaving that executive coaching firm shortly as I launch my own business, but I'll definitely be taking my experience with Asana with me. I can't imagine trying to run any aspect of my life, let alone my business, without it.

Pros: At the risk of sounding like a super-fan (and honestly, maybe I am), I love almost everything about Asana. But I'd say my all-time favorite feature is the Today, Upcoming, and Later sections. That might sound minor, but that super-simple approach to task, time, and priority-management has been a game-changer for me and my clients. It's allowed me to stay focused on what matters most in-the-moment without losing sight of longer-term vision. Beyond that, the collaboration features are second-to-none. I run every aspect of my business through Asana: Blog posts, client workflows, meetings, presentations, and so on ... Literally everything gets tracked in Asana. And because of that, it makes it very easy to outsource projects and collaborate with others. Finally, another important feature for me has been their Advanced Search feature. Unfortunately they recently removed this from the "Free" plan, but it looks like I've been grandfathered in. Honestly, this feature alone is probably worth paying for if you use the tool as extensively as I do. I have literally hundreds of tasks in Asana, split up among various teams, projects, and sections. Managing a database that large without an intuitive search feature would be a nightmare (and, honestly, probably a deal-breaker). Thankfully Asana's Advanced Search functionality doesn't disappoint (and their "Saved Search" feature makes it easy to quickly access common searches).

Cons: Two things come to mind: I'm really not a fan of Asana's "Home" or "Inbox" tabs. Honestly, I don't understand the point of them and find it a little frustrating that the default view is "Home" rather than "My tasks." Their Home view is a cluttered mess that doesn't give you an insightful or helpful look into your day or your priorities. I ended up creating a custom bookmark straight to the My Tasks view to avoid it. Same goes for Inbox: It's not that I've had a bad experience with their inbox tab, it's just that I don't really understand the point of it. I've never found a viable use case for the Inbox tab after coaching dozens of entrepreneurs through the program.

• Reviewed on 18/09/2019
Dilanka H.
Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2019

"Good and very simple tool to manage your Team and Tasks"

Comments: Asana helped me and my organization in resolving daily issues when assigning and managing tasks over Projects and Teams. We are an IT Service/Development company where the tasks and resource tracking is the base of billing. Asana helped us in tracking tasks in a very good capacity. However it is seen that the lack of customization ability was given a burning problem increased over days with growing requirements.

Pros: Implementation easiness saved a lot of time. User provision and giving them the access to play with Asana was a great advantage when it came to a full-stacked IT Development Company like us. Simple and elegant design was another plus mark.

Cons: When it came to the day to day functionalities in use users found it little difficult to take the full potential of the assigned tasks because of lack of details captured. Asana should focus on least functionalities to allow end-users (administrators) to customize data/information capturing fields. If the feasibility is there to add some more data driven fields it could have been a great advantage.

• Reviewed on 28/08/2019
Kylee L.
Marketing Account Executive
Marketing & Advertising, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2019

"Task organization made simple!"

Comments: Before we found Asana, we were having difficulties in communicating all project needs, deadlines, and expectations. With 9 members on our marketing team, sometimes details can get lost in the daily shuffle or smaller tasks may be pushed to the bottom of the list to make time for those higher priority projects. As this happened, some projects were getting overlooked and deadlines were missed. Then and there, we decided we needed a platform where the entire team can input projects, deadlines, detailed notes, and expectations. Back and forth communication is key when running a large team, and this has allowed us to give instant feedback and ask questions directly under a specific task. If we do ever need to push out a deadline, you can make changes to any of the tasks/sub-tasks. Then, notifications can be sent out via email or desktop alerts. That notifies any user associated with the task that something on it has been changed. This feature of Asana has also been a major asset to our team. Lastly, the calendar feature, showing all present and future tasks, has been a much needed addition to Asana over the last few years. When we thought Asana couldn't be more streamlined, it upgraded to add in the calendar! Seeing everything in an overall view on the calendar is very helpful, rather than just seeing the tasks laid out in list form. It helps us to see everything in a more "big picture" view, so that smaller projects aren't forgotten and deadlines aren't missed.

Pros: The best feature of Asana is the ability to share tasks, deadlines, notes, and projects with team members. By linking our entire team on one platform, it has streamlined our review and turnaround process. There are no gaps in communicating what is needed on a project and when its due date is expected. This has been invaluable to our team! You can assign each team member a task, the date it's due, and add notes to clarify things.

Cons: Truly, I cannot think of a single thing we dislike about Asana - the capabilities are exactly what we were looking for. It is easy to use and has updated over the years to match trends and the growing needs of its users.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2019
Digital Design Manager
Apparel & Fashion, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/05/2019

"The most intuitive project management tool!"

Comments: Overall Asana kept my team well-aligned with cross-functional teams in the department, and was crucial in meeting tight deadlines. Less time emailing = more time getting work done!

Pros: The interface is easy to navigate, and very intuitive. You can tag team members in comments, assign tasks, re-open tasks, share files and links for approvals. It's complex without ever looking or feeling complex, it just helps teams stay organized and on task. Not to mention it's easy to train new employees on since it's so intuitive! My favorite aspect of all though, is the customizable task lists. As a team leader, it was helpful to customize my lists to keep a pulse on all the projects in my team's queue. As a contributor, each of my team members could organize their action lists however they wanted–due date, priority, etc...

Cons: I wish that the project timeline setup was less manual. If one task's timeline went over, it was a bit manual to update the remaining timeline of all the other tasks in the project.

• Reviewed on 23/05/2019
Santiago A.
Co Editor Chief
  • Reviewed on 03/04/2019

"Amazing, powerful and simple, the organizational dream of every team."

Comments: Having digital platforms, with staff in different parts of the world, it is difficult to group all the work that must be done in one place, since we use Asana as the main organizational element, we managed to reduce errors in attention by 50% of the users and we increase the productivity of the company's departments. It has a lot to do with the way in which we have managed to identify critical nodes and support them among other areas advanced in their goals. Also, we have received from our customers a positive assessment of their requirements.

Pros: I have reviewed native applications of big names of the market, that do not finish convincing you, they offer you many promises in functionalities that do not finish concretizing, that is one of the things that I like the most of Asana, it offers you clarity from the first moment, and It gives you at the same time, a simple interface, very powerful and able to get any team to work with the collective work and common goals. In addition, I like that all co-workers can see in digital every progress and achievement achieved of their assigned responsibilities. Also, it has allowed us to be more organized with the meetings and requirements of our clients. As the planning cannot be rigid, thanks to Asana we have identified aspects that can put at risk the global goals of the company, so we have managed to help the department that presents some difficulty. Actually, Asana gives you the full view, it's a genius.

Cons: Entrepreneurs can find in Asana a complete platform and very capable of growing any initiative, that is why I do not identify negative aspects to mention, I have years of use and it is wonderful the ability they have to reinvent themselves in the provision of a service that It looks a lot like wine, it improves with the passage of time.

• Reviewed on 03/04/2019
Co-Founder
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/03/2019

"Great tool for task management and team collaboration."

Comments: Based on my experience, Asana is a great tool to coordinate small teams (or startups) and be more productive while keeping an eye on progress and bottle necks.

Pros: Asana has a great team behind its product that constantly updates the platform to meet customer demand. The user interface is very modern and easy to use while the user experience is very well thought out with great micro interactions that make the whole product experience very delightful. It's easy to navigate from one section to another with colored elements to highlight important aspects of the UI. It has useful features like subtasks, boards view and calendar view. You can also view the overall progress per project or team. With the portfolio function, you can view the status of all your current projects in real time, so you can keep everything on track and easily report on progress. They recently added a Gantt chart feature named "Timeline" that can help project managers. You can create templates for different tasks and projects, so you and your team can be more efficient. Priority makes it easy to give attention to tasks that need urgent attention. Integration with different services (Slack, Harvest, Dropbox, GitHub, etc) makes Asana be even more helpful. There is also an open API for more sophisticated applications.

Cons: As with all services there is a learning curve to actually becoming proficient in using Asana, but that can be easily accomplished with a bit of time and practice. The only thing I want to mention as a negative is the lack of option to hide team members from the side bar, because they are shown on top of each project. If you are a startup or a small team, and most of the team is on each project, it becomes irrelevant to actually see the same team members again and again. This would make the side menu / list a bit shorter to navigate through.

• Reviewed on 09/03/2019
SAP Business one Consultant
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2018

"An Organizational, Team Coordination and Tracking Tool"

Comments: In a large team who are decentralized (different departments handling different tasks within the same project), the tool works well to coordinate each team and meet deadlines. It also minimizes the hassle of follow up for team leads.

Pros: Key pros that elevate my overall experience in regards to the software are:
1. User interface and design - The design aspects are very colorful and interactive, making it easy to navigate from one part of the application to another
2. The timeline feature and ability to monitor other team members' progress on common or interrelated tasks enables the overall team to be efficient and helps with easy follow up
3. The ability to create tasks, project templates, color coded calendars and visual project plans not only adds to the user experience (UX) but also to enhance efficiency as one progresses through the project timelines and goals
4. The software is efficient in updating what's in progress, complete, new requests, all of which assist the user to manage their goals for a project. Priority levels also increase efficiency because a user can also give more attention to high priority tasks.
5. On the technical side, it has an open API and integrates well with other software applications such as dropbox and GitHub
6. Asana recently added gantt chart functionality called timelines which helps with project dependencies

Cons: 1. It takes some time to learn how to use each feature of the product as there are so many features. It requires someone who already has some knowledge to be able to guide other team members. They are easy to use once you do work on them, but some users struggle with more specific features such as dashboards, communication tools.
2. It does not have an in-built instant messaging/chat feature to chat instantly with team mates although they have options to integrate with other softwares for the same functionality.
3. There are too many details that need to be added by users, taking away slightly from the overall experience

• Reviewed on 11/09/2018
Blanca C.
Marketing Manager
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2016

"I love Asana but some features could be more user friendly"

Comments: I use Asana to manage all of my marketing client projects. I really love it and recommend it to many. One of the things that was missing were dependencies. Now that the Asana team has created them, I try to use them everywhere but building the dependencies on re-occuring task (with a list of subtasks) is VERY tedious. It would be great if the feature had a drag and connect option to build dependencies. The way it is right now takes so much time to go in and click on every subtask that is dependent on the one before. Or even having the ability to copy dependencies when making a copy of a task so that the new task's subtasks already have all of the subtask dependencies built when copied over.

Pros: Sleek and user friendly interface. Mobile App and offline mode work very well. Love the continued development of new features and integrations. Looking forward to using Asana with Slack once I get the hang of it.

Cons: I was so excited about these dependencies and while I'm still happy I can use them, the process of assigning them is SO manual and tedious. I run multiple client projects on Asana and some of these clients have re-occuring processes where building dependencies EVERY SINGLE TIME we replicate a task with a list of subtasks just takes up more time than I have. Ability to copy dependencies just like other info when duplicating a task.. OR even better, ability to click on a subtask and drag a connection to the subtask before it that it's dependent on. Example: Email flow for a client. Our contract of seeing out 20 emails in 8 months. Each email and topic is it's own task but the process to get the email out is built into subtasks and the same for each task. Since the whole project is run by contract free-lancers, dependency notifications when something is done is a great feature but we have to go in and build/connect dependencies for 120 subtasks if each main task (email) has 6 subtasks. Also connecting dependencies to flow into Instagantt. I know they had dependencies before Asana but now using Instagantt means DOUBLE dependency work if we want Asana dependencies to be reflected on Instagantt.

• Reviewed on 10/11/2016