15 years helping British businesses

About Chmeetings

ChMeetings is the ChMS where churches communicate; manage members, events & volunteers, accept online giving, publish blogs, and more.

Learn more about Chmeetings

Pros:

Cons:

I do not think I remember the cons or disadvantages.

Chmeetings ratings

4.8
4.9
4.7
4.9

9.7/10

Chmeetings has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 77 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Chmeetings before?

Jimmy
Jimmy
IT Professional in US

A Great Church Management App

Comments: Overall I'm very pleased with the App, it has lots of features that eliminated many custom apps we had to use to manage the church services.

Pros:

CHMeetings is a complete church management system, it is not only managing the profiles of the church members but also gives the ability to classify them into ministries and groups and assign leaders as needed. The app has lots of other features that are very valuable to effectually manage the different church services like Events Booking/check-in, Outreach, Confession Appointments, Event Calendar, Donations, Online Payment, Adhoc forms, Granular Access Control, in addition to the ability to build a very customized native mobile apps, plus a lot more. What makes me more excited about CHMeetings is that the team is working on enabling the integration capabilities to the app and allowing the developer community to build custom extensions on the top of the platform. This will open a lot of possibilities to implement very specific and customized use-cases. I'm very pleased with the level of support provided by the App team, they are always there when you need them. The team's leadership is very passionate about the product, they welcome new ideas and suggestions for improvement. I highly recommend CHMeetings for the churches that are looking for a complete members management system.

Cons:

The app is stable for the most part, a few bugs sometimes appear, usually not critical and the team addresses them quickly. Also, the look and feel need to be improved, some features are hard to find if you don't know what are you are looking for. The product is less flexible to customize the native profile fields, you can't customize the fields based on the family roles. The reporting section needs improvements as well

2 years ago

Dear Jimmy, Thank you so much for your feedback. We're very happy to see that you're enjoying ChMeetings; and that you appreciate our team's dedication. We're also grateful for your thoughts on the cons and we're constantly working on making improvements. In case this is still helpful to you - you can actually customize profile fields - indeed not the default ones, but you can create custom fields to fulfill the exact role you want. You can then reconfigure the profiles to use your own custom fields rather than the defaults. We hope you continue to have a great experience with ChMeetings and we wish you and your church the very best.

Very easy to use

Comments: I am extremely pleased with the over all pricing, ease of use.

Pros:

This is a very economic church app for small growing churches. Easy to use and install.

Cons:

It would be nice if the personal branding was included.

Alternatives Considered: Subsplash

Reasons for Switching to Chmeetings: Ease of use and pricing. Subsplash was way our of reasonability.

Khursten
Admin Assistant in US

Needs to be more User Friendly

Comments: It's mostly positive. The things it is lacking are not exactly negatives.

Pros:

The low cost for being able to do what we need it to do. It's a little clumsy and takes extra time to figure things out, but since we can't really afford a more expensive app, it's working for now.

Cons:

It took time for me to figure out how to navigate the app and often I have to demonstrate to church members how to use it because it's not very intuitive. I would like a message board or chat feature. It would also be nice if members/users could choose upcoming events they would like to be reminded about with a notification or email. I wish there were more inexpensive label printer options compatible with the app. I wish there was a list view that showed both the date and volunteers' names for planning. Being able to print that list/calendar would also be very helpful.

Andrea
CFO in US

Can I Get A Refill

Comments: My overall experience has been such a great experience of my learning the system and how easy it is to have one software that do a lot more then some others at a fare price.

Pros:

navigating through the system and how easy it was to add things our church needed and how the company was willing to help move over from the previous system we had and their customer service system.

Cons:

As of this date I only can say that I wished that the app was included in the price and not a addon as well as texting.

Cindy
Administrative Assistant in US
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Chmeetings for Churches is great!

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

The program is easy to use and has a great mobile app builder.

Cons:

The account function is still new so it taking a bit to figure out but so far I dont see any negatives about it.

Michaela
Administrator in US

Easiest Church Management Platform

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I would highly recommend this to anyone that is looking. It streamlines communication among the staff and helps us keep in contact with those that are homebound, hospitalized, or have been missing for a while. The versatility is spectacular.

Pros:

I love that I can set up multiple groups, track attendance, run reports, and send followups to multiple members of our team, as well as having the app on my phone so when I need contact information on the go, I have it.

Cons:

I cannot export reports into a Google option, only Excel.

James

Great Service

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

It is a great system and tool to keep interaction with the membership of the church.

Cons:

Everything is likable about this system and application.

Cynthia
Church Administrator in US

Great Tool for Church Management

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I love it! The simplicity is amazing. Also, the ability to set up and test while in trial mode made this program a winner for us!

Pros:

Ease of implementation, capturing and reporting offerings, ability to capture online donations, and ability of members to manage and update their own personal information.

Cons:

Lack of instructions for customizing giving statements. As a former web programmer, I was able to figure it out through trial and error.

Andrew
Council Leader in South Africa

Chmeetings Review

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Very good, very happy. They are very response to requests, and easily assist.

Pros:

Affordability, simplicity and technical assistance. Easy to use and implement.

Cons:

None, they develop on the go which is nice.

Danny
Lead Pastor in New Zealand

Highly Recommended

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Awesome!!! For a new church, ChMeetings helped me a lot in overseeing the operations of the church.

Pros:

Ease of Use. My admin team is composed of new members unfamiliar with church operations. So, the software's layout and design helped a lot in training them.

Cons:

To get all the features is a bit costly for a new church like ours.

Brady
Brady
Religious Institutions, 51–200 Employees

Chmeetings is the one for me!

Comments: I had information in Word and Excel, as I composed year-end giving statements. Now, it's all in one place!

Pros:

It makes it easy for a pastor at a small church, who wears many hats to manage the giving. Everything is in one place!

Cons:

Adding additional online giving apps (Tithe.ly and Givelify) would be very helpful for me!

Alternatives Considered: Breeze ChMS

Reasons for Switching to Chmeetings: More affordable for a small church like ours.

Benny
Director, Treasurer, System Administrator in Canada

Great Product Backed by Great Customer Support

Comments: I have been using Chmeetings for a few months now on a daily basis, and I am glad that I have found this product. When I recently set out to look for a church management system again (I tried a few years ago but did not find anything suitable), I didn't expect to find anything that would meet all our needs. Chmeetings has exceeded my expectations in terms of features and functionality. The cost is also less than what I expected for what I get from the product and the fantastic customer support. I feel like I am part of the team that drives the evolution of the product, and that gives me confidence about the future.

Pros:

Chmeetings' customer support is amazing and is one of the main factors that influenced my decision to choose this product. They are very responsive and open to new ideas, constantly improving the app and adding new features and enhancements. They even provided a Trello board for me to report and track issues and suggestions. Some of the product features that I really like include a native name field (for capturing Chinese names in our case) and custom forms for collecting information from the members. Attendance tracking is easy, and the option to check in with QR codes is nice. There are so many rich features that I haven't explored them all yet. Overall, the system is intuitive and easy to use and learn incrementally.

Cons:

The mobile app is one area that has much room for improvement. It does not seem to be a native app and has some performance and rendering issues, but feature-wise, it offers pretty much the same functionality as the web app. Besides that, I have come across a number of bugs in both the web app and the mobile app, but most of them are not critical and they were usually resolved quickly. Lastly, I would also like to see some refinements to the look-and-feel to make the product look more polished and more aesthetically pleasing.

Alternatives Considered: ChurchTrac and eDisciples

Reasons for Switching to Chmeetings: Features, value, and support.

Father Thomas
Priest in Egypt

Excellent App in Church Management System

Comments: My overall experience is great. We have 9 churches in Port Said Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese, in addition to many general services. Chmeetings provides a lot of help and great functionality to serve the diocese members. Sunday schools, follow ups, trips, conferences, all are easy to monitor and evaluate using Chmeetings. I highly recommend Chmeetings to any church or diocese, because it worth the money and the benefits are unlimited.

Pros:

Chmeetings has many advantages and benefits. The most I like about it, is the ability of expanding to cover all churches in the Archdiocese. Features like sending customized SMS and Emails are great to personalize the messages from the church to its members. Managing the weekly meetings, trips and conferences is so easy. managing Followups and events is very easy and helpful. Confessions Organizing is Wonderfull and very helpful and useful for Priests. Reports are great and helpful. The developers are always adding new features, and they are very rapid to fix unexpected bug. The app is very valued and lot of priests and servants are already using it.

Cons:

No Cons, Chmeetings is great, we enjoyed using it in our services.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Feature-Full Product with Amazing Customer Service

Pros:

Tons of features and always adding more. Mobile app is as feature full as the desktop version. Customer support is extraordinary.

Cons:

Product UI/UX quality could be improved.

Devin
Senior Pastor in US
Religious Institutions, Self Employed

Great product especially for small churches

Comments: We are able to keep track of people, thoughts and notes, and utilized it with all of our team members.

Pros:

I loved that we are able to utilized this product for free as our congregation grows. It has all the features of a expensive church management system but extremely cost effective. You can use it on all devices, allow other users, and even have the congregation update their own information. Great system.

Cons:

I wish we could export attendance a little differently, but it isn’t too bad.

2 years ago

Dear Devin, Thanks so much for your feedback. Please don't hesitate to get in touch and let us know your thoughts about the attendance exports if you'd like.

Associate Minister in Australia
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

I was searching for this for years

Comments: It has been super easy to implement, and the development team has been quick to respond and even incorporate extra features that I asked for!

Pros:

It has so many features at a really good price.

Cons:

The rostering ('volunteers') feature originally lacked some good features, but now they are being improved too!

Joseph
Priest in US

Great Church Management Software and tool

Pros:

This is a great platform to keep track of your congregation. It groups families information together and one can very quickly update any record very easily. It has great reporting functionality to see how the congregation are distributed across neighborhoods and cities. Developer is extremely responsive to any questions or issues that may arise and the tool has been continuously being upgraded with new features. Most recent features include contribution module to allow users to donate to the church and member access that allows users to login to the database and update their data.

Cons:

None! All the features that are currently implemented are working really well,

DICKSON
accounting assistant in Zimbabwe
Higher Education, 1,001–5,000 Employees

review for church

Comments: there are church members who at times do not show up for church for too long periods, you can easily track them and make follow ups

Pros:

makes events planning easy for church gatherings and its easy to use, even when it comes to locating data it becomes easily.

Cons:

it can be readily used by advantaged users can use this software which i feel discriminates on the basis of well being

2 years ago

Dear Dickson, Thank you so much for your review and we're sad to see that some parts of our platform are less accessible to you. We invite you to get in touch with our team to tell us more about your needs.

Joseph
Sr. Parish Priest in US

Excellent Church Membership Management Program

Comments: Integration of existing data was accurate to a very large degree. Setting up church groups is simple. Managing the various ministries is reliable. .

Pros:

I love the Mobil app functionality as it makes it very convenient to use. The software overall is easy to use. It has excellent follow up features. It is easy to track meetings, members, events and services.

Cons:

Additional fees are required to use the program’s texting feature. It is a great way to track your follow ups, but it adds up. Also, the notes are tricky because they can be easily viewed by other app users.

Keith
Rector in US

Excellent Features and Great Value

Comments: ChMeetings allowed us to quickly organize our member data, provide access for all our staff, and better report on contributions--with an intuitive user interface that didn't really require anyone to be trained.

Pros:

ChMeetings is very quick and easy to implement, and the support for that is excellent. The ability to add custom data is well-done, and the features for importing/updating data in bulk either with data files or via a simple REST API is great.

Cons:

The reporting/printing features are good, but simple, and could use more ability to customize.

Peter
Member in Australia
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

Best church management application out there

Comments: Excellent - cannot recommend highly enough

Pros:

The UI is extremely functional and the product has a fantastic array of features included in the one price. This is a big benefit for a church plant. The included app makes the production of a church directory very simple and able to suit those with a tech bent and those who prefer a hard copy.The development and customer support teams are extremely responsive to requests, both support and change

Cons:

Nothing - best product out of those I have tried.

Paul
Consultant in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Great fit for a small church

Comments: I looked at a dozen applications, and was ready to go with hosting an open source application, when I came across CHMeetings. I could see quite quickly that it was a good match, and I found it easy to load up our congregation data and get running.

Pros:

Just the right set of features for us, easy to learn and use. Flexible model, easy import / export. The development team is very responsive to suggestions, and the support team is knowledgeable and quick to respond to questions.

Cons:

I would have liked features for the congregation to login, but ... I see that they have just started adding features for this. (I haven't tried it yet.)

Levi
Pastor in Canada

An Incredible Invention

Pros:

To be honest, we like all the options we have so far used. This app helps in every way and is especially useful in a small congregation where there is limited staff members. We are happy to have discovered ChMeeting app. we love it immensely. God bless the team, who always respond promptly to any questions or concerns that we may have.!

Cons:

We love everything about ChMeeting app. We are greatly satisfied with it so far.

Deacon Paul
Deacon in US
Religious Institutions, 501–1,000 Employees

Amazing Sofftware

Pros:

The management design of the software is very nice. I can rely on the software for announcement and notifications.

Cons:

The software is very nice. I don't believe there is cons but there are improvements to be done.

Mina
Ognostis in Egypt
Religious Institutions, 1,001–5,000 Employees

awesome

Pros:

its easy to use, lite application and friendly.

Cons:

The design need to be more attractive .. that's it