• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.7 /5
    4.8 /5

About Linguix

Make sure youre reaching the right audience with the right message! Use Linguix to check grammar, punctuation and style instantly!

Learn more about Linguix

Showing 25 reviews of 59

Tim S.
Compiler
Research, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 04/11/2020

"Linguix solved my WhiteSmoke problems!"

Comments: Linguix just works 24/7 helping me to quickly correct my grammar and spelling. It has made the quality of my writing much improved and professional.

Pros: I like that it is a Lifetime plan and works well in Google Chrome. The software has been getting better with time, the company seems focused on improvements. I don't think I will ever be asked to upgrade again! The software just works.

Cons: I wish that there was a plugin for Mellel word processor or MS Word for the Mac, but it's fairly quick to just copy and paste a page of text into the Linguix document section on Chrome.

by Textly on 05/11/2020

Hello! Thanks for the honest review!

• Reviewed on 04/11/2020
Divaksh J.
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2020

"Writing assistant that not only focuses on writing enhancement but also productivity."

Comments: We use Linguix on daily basis, the most used feature in our case is grammar correction and snippets.

Pros: 1. Speed: Speed of suggestion is amazing, faster than Grammarly. 2. Snippets: this one is my favourite feature. I often have to do repeated texts to my clients and team members. Before Linguix I'll have to paste it from the Windows Clipboard or the sticky notes but now getting them right into my text editor is just a shortcut away. 3. Secret Mode: We often share our account/computer with our friends and family, if you use the secret mode you won't have to be worried about anything that is auto saved and left in your account. 4. Beautiful UI and choice of colours, colours are energetic and eye catching. Overall, I find UX amazing. No matter what I see Synonyms, Style, Statistics all are easy on the eye. Dashboards are beautiful and informative; they give writing insights about everything that makes you feel confident. 5. Templates: IMHO this feature alone is worth the price, I often search for email templates, and read them all and design one for each occasion and it consumes a lot of time. Linguix comes here for the rescue with their cool templates feature, you can use and customize existing templates or create your own that can be inserted anytime right from the Linguix. 6. In my knowledge, I think Linguix is the only writing assistant that not only focuses on writing but also your writing productivity and who doesn't like productivity tools for their team?

Cons: 1. Not as good as Grammarly but again it is not a fair comparison (I strongly believe if they got the right audience with the right feedback and our support, one fine day they may become better than Grammarly).
2. No plagiarism checker, but I saw in the roadmap that they have planned it for November. (Fingers Crossed)
3. No markups in their document editor, this is something I feel is very important. Please consider adding it.
4. Does not work with sites using iframes.
5. No desktop application & outlook integration as of now but I can see it in their public roadmap.

• Reviewed on 25/11/2020
Daniel H.
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2021

"The Always Available Dictionary Service"

Pros: I really like that Linguix pops up and is available everywhere Im typing, no matter if that's online or in an offline product, the same suggestion box and interface becomes available which is really useful

Cons: As well as a dictionary, it would be good to haver other features available on clicking any word, like maybe a thesauras. Otherwise its very flexible too.

Analyst
Oil & Energy, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2021

"A True Grammarly Alternative"

Comments: The ease of use is definitely something to reckon with. It helps me ensure the correctness of my language, tone, and spelling, which I find quite useful. It also ensures that my communication is of the highest business communications standard.

Pros: I use Linguix personally and professionally. It has been helpful in my business communications especially with the installation of its chrome extension which draws my attention to, and highlights wrong spellings and/or grammar when detected.

Cons: While I love the software, I still proceed with care as I've noticed that sometimes it doesn't detect or recommend correctness for wrong spelling or grammar. I'm sure it's a glitch in the software and should be looked into. Even though I have a Business plan, I find myself comparing correctness in Grammarly to ensure it's absolutely correct (to which 95% of the time, it is correct).

Karim S.
Founder & Digital Marketing Manager

"Good Writing Assistant"

Pros: The app works very well with Chrome browser and is instant when identifying my failures,
Beautiful UI and choice of colours, and have cool templates feature

Cons: No plagiarism checker, No markups in the document editor

Daniel D.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees

"Better emails"

Comments: Not bad. Enjoy it.

Pros: Works great and is cheaper then Grammerily

Cons: For some odd reason when I type in klaviyo email tool it doesn't spell check? Which is what I bought it for. So I type else where then paste in.

Research, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2021

"A raising star for writing assistance tool"

Pros: Can Check my spelling and grammar on the spot as I type in my browser.

Cons: The tool still not yet able to work with MS office offline

Naveenkumar N.
Performance Test Lead
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

"Must-have for everyone"

Comments: It is a must-have app for everyone. It helps to convey the message clearly and improve the language skills.

Pros: Intuitive user interface, support for multiple platforms, easy to get started, and personalize options helps to set up the right profile. Linguix provides correct suggestion and helps to know the synonyms quickly while browsing the web. Secret mode, documents, and snippets are the great features of Linguix.

Cons: The grammar suggestion can be improved further.

Consultant
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/01/2021

"The best tool to write error free and way better than the free version of well known alternatives"

Comments: Linguix is one of the best tools to assist you while writing. User friendly and high rate of error detection which is much much better than the well know free version alternatives.

Pros: Linguix is very easy to install. High rate of error detection and always indicates valid corrections.

Cons: None in particular. I would highly recommend this tool. A must have.

Dr. jonathan l. S.
Performing Arts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2021

"Great for Chrome users and a sub for Grammarly"

Pros: Easy to use and great detail finding writing errors in Google chrome.

Cons: Not having a safari compatible plugin. I prefer to use Safari on my Mac systems but use chrome for gmail. Works great for gmail but would like to use on other websites in safari.

• Reviewed on 11/01/2021

"Linguix is really great"

Pros: Well all the features work very well. I would definitely recommend.

Cons: It shows suggestion sometimes when not needed. :) But I would rather have that than not showing recommendations when required.

Himanshu G.
Copywriter
  • Reviewed on 13/01/2021

"A good alternative to Grammarly"

Comments: I'm happy with Linguix as it helps me a lot every day. But there are a lot of things in which it could improve.

Pros: Linguix helps us with lots of common grammar and spelling mistakes. It also has a snippet tool that allows us to quickly insert premade text templates anywhere on the web. Plus it also gives us statistics about our writing which helps us understand the recurring mistakes that we make and how we can improve them.

Cons: Linguix misses on some sophisticated grammar errors. It also misses on names and suggests to correct them. Also, Linguix doesn't have a plagiarism checker yet and their engine misses on complex sentences.

Kevin D.
Information Technology Worker (I.T.)

"Good alternative"

Pros: This can be an alternative or can work in conjunction with the leading product out there. This software focuses on word correction. I think the statistics are a really nice feature, they include number of sentences, words, characters, reading time and speaking time.

Cons: It’s not perfect yet, but they do update it and it keeps improving

Matthew J.
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2021

"The Grammarly Alternative You've Been Waiting For"

Comments: If you don't want to shell out for Grammarly and want a more affordable solution, you should still strongly consider Linguix. It's very solid overall, and for most use cases, it's going to perform exactly how you expect it. It's great for non-native speakers to catch corrections as well. I feel as though there are still some nuances of languages that natives either use or detect a bit better than the software right now, but especially for those who are speaking in their second, third, or fourth language, then you can rely on Linguix to support you.

Pros: Easy to deploy - it's as simple as installing a browser extension and you're good to go! Secret Mode - for those who are working on 'sensitive' material and don't want it on any servers for checking, opening it up for possible leaks, you can do so safely using Linguix's Secret Mode in their back-end. Once you're done, the work is deleted permanently. Snippets - do you use the same phrases over and over again, but only make minor updates each time? You can create snippets to use a simple shortcut to generate your phrase or content quickly and easily. The extension and service have a very clean UI, very similar to Grammarly, so if you're transitioning over, you'll feel pretty comfortable in this new environment.

Cons: As of yet, no desktop app. Competitors like "Pro Writing Aid" have one and it integrates with things like Microsoft Word and Outlook so that while you're working and sending professional communication, you are remaining consistent. I know they're working on this, so it's a matter of time, but as of right now, it's lacking. The other thing is that the suggestions/recommendations aren't always rich or in-depth enough, and sometimes miss those very minor details you wish it had caught. When comparing the same phrase containing errors against Grammarly, Pro Writing Aid and Linguix, Linguix came in 3rd in this area. They've been improving their algorithm and things have improved, and I know they are heavily focusing on their 'core' to ensure that it's more accurate and robust over time.

Michael K.
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2021

"Very Robust Google Chrome Grammar & Spelling Checker"

Comments: Overall, it has been helpful to improve the accuracy of my grammar.

Pros: This is a very robust grammar and spelling checker tool that is a Google Chrome extension. As I do my work within Google Docs, it is helpful to have a tool that will point out any mistakes so I can produce better quality content for the digital marketing agency I run.

Cons: I wish the platform was available through other browsers and evaluated offline documents.

Sumeet M.
Legal Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/01/2021

"An affordable Grammarly alternative"

Comments: I and the RTIwala Team is quite happy after deployment of the Linguix as being in the Legal domain for document drafting it's always necessary to have correct and error free language.

Pros: We really liked the Chrome extension which is always there to correct our typos and grammatical errors.

Cons: Lots of improvements needed to be par with Grammarly as it doesn't have sentiment and context mapping.

Jeheen mahmood Z.
Senior Data Analyst
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2021

"Get better English anywhere you write with Linguix"

Comments: It certainly made me, and my band, better writers. We don't have to double or triple check each email before it goes to the recipient. And we even seem to be more knowledgeable and polished. My writing developed a little as well, merely by knowing what was wrong last time. It's certainly worth the try. I know this tool has strong competitors. However, with the competitive market and the depth of usage, this may be a very good match.

Pros: I am not a native English speaker, but generally, I use it more than my native language. I don't want to make any spelling mistakes, typos, or grammatical mistakes. These are not a big deal on social media, but they can be devastating in company communiqués. As my very own proofreader, Linguix acts. During set-up, I had a language test and regularly fed special words to the system to streamline my experience. It can now pick up on the real errors with much more accuracy. The snippets of canned text are also very handy. I have not deployed this particular feature to the full yet.

Cons: In the language market, no method is 100% reliable. Linguix is not either. There is much to be changed. I would like to see a stronger sound or sentiment correction tool.

Jordan S.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2021

"Linguix is a great alternative to Grammarly and really helps people write better."

Comments: It is not perfect, but for the price, it is a very good software compared to Grammarly.

Pros: Linguix is really quick and easy to set up. You download a chrome plugin and just start typing. There is a little check box at the bottom of your writing that tells you if you have any issues, along with an underline of where the issues are. It is very close to Grammarly in that respect. Most of the time it is much faster than Grammarly on spotting mistakes.

Cons: I wish that Linguix included a plagiarism checker, but for the price, I can't complain much. It is also a newer software than Grammarly, and sometimes that shows. Sometimes it is not as correct about words as much as Grammarly is. But it is getting better all the time. Including the price, this is a great software, and in the future, it will be even better.

Roderick B.
Digital Marketing Analyst
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2021

"A Great Sub for a few other tools"

Comments: My overall experience has been great. I've replaced using Grammarly and Linguix has also sped up my process for other communication with the canned response feature.

Pros: What I like most about using Linguix is the ease of use and additional features to help me speed up my process. Specifically, using snippets has sped up a lot of my workflow.

Cons: I'd like to get maybe some more integration into AI capabilities to rewrite things I've previously written or to make the sentences more concise.

Abhi V.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/01/2021

"Great alternative to Grammarly"

Pros: This product is a great alternative to Grammarly. I would recommend this to bloggers and writers and also people who want to have their emails proof read.

Cons: When compared to grammarly Linguix is missing the plagiarism checker. This is probably the only con. The app is same or better than Grammarly in every other area.

• Reviewed on 14/01/2021
Chaitanya V.
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2021

"Linguix, A language specialist tool"

Pros: Grammar, spelling correct. tool performance. user-friendly

Cons: expecting few more features for pros. dynamic statements, sentence framing

Henry H.
Marketing
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2021

"A great tool at a great price"

Pros: The price and offer of this software was a big selling point. Very easy to use and helps adjust our daily typings.

Cons: The mobile app is needs improvment because the user experience on the computer is much better.

Artur K.
Quantitative Researcher
Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/01/2021

"Great alternative of Grammarly"

Comments: I am very happy with Linguix. I need just the suggestion/typo detection features and they work well. Great value for the money.

Pros: The price is significantly lower than Grammarly and the quality of the suggestions is good. Support is responsive and developers keep adding new features.

Cons: The dashboard can be polished more and a few Grammarly features seem to be missing.

Vinoth K.
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2021

"Great Product in the Making"

Comments: Cool product and can be used as a grammarly alternative.

Pros: Really loved the punctuations corrector. It is more advanced compared to grammarly.
Secret mode and statistics are great addon

Cons: Need plagiarism checker and the grammar corrector are not upto the mark. Feels like the product is in early stage

Peter W.
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2020

"My Personal Experience with Linguix"

Comments: Very Satisfied with the product with the ease of use and personal feedback in editing and composing articles on my blog

Pros: English is my 1st language however Linguix is able to quickly Identify grammatical errors on existing and new blogs that I publish to ensure visitor readability

Cons: Accessible video tutorials on advanced uses for the product

by Textly on 16/09/2020

Peter, thanks for the review! If you ever have any questions, feel free to ping us at [email protected], and we will get back to you ASAP.

• Reviewed on 08/09/2020