Excellent saas

Reviewed on 23/08/2016
Vesta G.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This appointment system has changed the way we work and increased our revenue. And the regular updates are incredibly useful, systematically solving one issue after another. We are so happy with this service.

Pros: -have customers pre-pay for appointments
-manage multiple types of appointment and multiple employees
-fine tune cancellation periods
-charge cancellation fees
-useful analytics

Cons: -While there is a client list, which is great, it does not connect back to the charges or appointments made by that client, so it's very difficult to backtrack and figure out how a client has interacted with your company. For instance, a client calls and gives you their name and would like to cancel an appointment for a refund. The easy thing would be to find their name in the client list and see their appointment and charge, click over and cancel and refund. Right now, you'd have to click through and find their appointment by looking week-by-week. It gets even harder if someone has canceled the appointment. Then there's no way to find the payment they made, e.g. to verify that they've been refunded.

Professional Edge

Reviewed on 15/11/2018
Denise J.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My business is a referral based appointment only business. I have tried two other online schedule systems prior to square. Both proved to be complicated and confusing for myself and my clients causing many missed appointments by both of us. Since Square not only has my appointment calendar run like a well oil machine but I have been able to add therapists and because it’s so interactive I am able to now schedule for a massage client who would like to try a facial. Also, it is extremely easy to adjust the services to allow for monthly specials.

Pros: Easy to use both for my staff and clients. Interactive, staff can view and help manage each other’s schedule. Also, can block off time if needed.

Cons: I really haven’t found anything I don’t like with this system. Extremely pleased

Loving it!

Reviewed on 16/08/2016
Cory M.
Chiropractor
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I love using square appointments. It is easy and convenient. Changes are quick and patients love the reminders.

Pros: I like the reminder portion the best. Patients get their reminder immediately after setting the appointment and then again 2 hours before. I also like how it lists their prior visits.

Cons: I would love to be able to click on a patients name on the appointment screen and then scan their card so that it would track more of the individual services. I would also love to be able to use it from my desktop computer.

Amazing

Reviewed on 09/01/2019
Owner / Esthetician
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It's a really easy program and I love using it.

Pros: It's free... but incredibly easy to use! It works well, syncs with my google calendar and makes scheduling appointments easy for my clients! Moving things around and editing services is easy too which is HUGE!

Cons: I wish they had a more user friendly interface with more options when it came to storing client info. I'd love more detailed options for notes as well as a way to store images and view them side by side for before and afters- it was almost a deal breaker. They have said this will come in the future as a LOT of people have requested this but nothing has been done.

Great Product!

Reviewed on 08/08/2016
Jaree W.
Massage Therapist
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This is a wonderful product. It makes owning a small business very doable. Most companies only offer of part of what square offers all in one package. They are easy to communicate with but rarely need to do so. I also like that if you don't want some of the services you have the option not to pay for them if you do not need that service.

Pros: I can find everything I need in owning a small business all in one place. Other companies do not do everything that square provides in one.

Cons: Services are more tailored to a product based business as opposed to a service based business making some of the features a little more difficult to utilize like I would like to use them.

Great app - I wish the mobile version was as seamless as the desktop version

Reviewed on 10/08/2016
Isaias G.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This program is great, and is simple to use. For the mobile app, it would be great to be able to pull up pending appointments in a list format. Also, it would be very helpful to be able to overwrite calendar entry data in google calendar instead of using the square app.

Pros: I like that the software automatically sends text and email reminders -- my customers really appreciate that.

Cons: For the mobile app, it would be great to be able to pull up pending appointments in a list format. Also, it would be very helpful to be able to overwrite calendar entry data in google calendar instead of using the square app.

Satisfied Customer

Reviewed on 12/08/2016
Kathleen S.
Owner\ Pet Stylist
2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I started using the square in 2012 my business has grown thanks to all of the benefits and tools that the square has offered I recommend them always to all my clients who are going into or already have businesses.

Pros: I like the ease of the square, from the on line scheduling to my daily deposits, it just makes life alot easier everything i need is at a touch of a button . Thank you.

Cons: I havent found anything that I dislike.

Best way to schedule and keep track of appointments

Reviewed on 11/04/2019
Thomas F.
Photography, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I have been using Square appointments for awhile now with my photography company and love the way it works. It is easy for customers to make appointments and the software helps to make sure I have time everyday to get it done. It is easy to setup on your current website and start scheduling appointments.

Cons: I currently like everything about this software.

Auto Pilot Appointments!

Reviewed on 06/08/2016
Beth S.
Owner/Operator
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Wow, I love it, my clients love it, don't know how I would operate without it... Fifty percent of my clients book without me ever emailing/texting/calling. They request an appt, I accept, they show up. Totally frees up my time, don't even need to make "reminder" calls anymore.

Pros: Ease of use for both me and clients, easy to write notes and track clients, easy to do personal notes to clients on confirmation, can instantly track history. Great communication, great client history without any effort. And that includes their tip history as well -- all tracked through Square.

Cons: The fact that if I allow clients to cancel appointments on line, a cancellation shows up FOREVER on the overview page. Annoying.

Urnailtech

Reviewed on 07/08/2016
Domeka B.
Nail stylist
2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I enjoy my software .. It saves me time and stress. So grateful for the appointment book and app
I can understand the software great. The fee for appointment book is very reasonable. The fee for accessories are also awesome.

Pros: Easy to access ..my clients love it..love instant deposit

Cons: Nothing much ..maybe the fee ..also would be nice if my clients don't have to put all their information in every time they schedule an appointment

Scheduling software built-in to a P.O.S.? Smart. Really!

Reviewed on 04/07/2018
Kevin M.
Agency Owner | Digital Marketing Specialist | Copywriter & Content Creator
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Super simple to set up and it's tied into my point-of-sale app. Also includes a booking webpage that is customizable, as well as a booking button customizer. There is even marketing options and customer loyalty programs built into the Square platform as well. It's an all-in-one delight of an app!

Cons: Set up can be a bit time-consuming, but what do you expect from such a robust, all-inclusive platform? It goes well beyond the scope of "just a pos" or "only a scheduling app".

Appointment scheduling ease

Reviewed on 23/10/2018
Public Relations and Human Resources Coordinator
Mental Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I have used this scheduling software as a client (booking services through someone using Square) many times, and it's very versatile. I've easily booked hair appointments to doctor's appointments through my phone. This not only saves me the hassle of calling and waiting on hold, as well as saves businesses valuable time--when otherwise they'd be answering phones.

Cons: For clients who are using this software for scheduling for their own business, it's important to always keep your appointments up to date. Nothing could be more frustrating than booking through this program, then finding out it was an incorrect appointment slot.

Square has everything you could need and now offering appointments for free for individuals!

Reviewed on 24/08/2018
Morgan E.
Founder and Personal Trainer
Sports, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Square Appointments has been easy to use, the new updates are great, and it's a one stop shop for my business and my clients.

Pros: this is easy to use and you really have the ability to adapt easily to the interface. The Square Appointments app has now been combined with Square POS. You are able to book appointments, send invoices, and use the POS all using one app now! It's definintely streamlined for us busy business owners.

Cons: There is an option to create recurring appointments but you can only select it for that day. Ex: Monday for the next X amount of weeks. I haven't been able to set it for MWF for X amount of weeks.

Makes Scheduling Easy

Reviewed on 24/04/2018
Mallisa M.
Certified Nutrition & Wellness Consultant
13-50 Employees
Customer Support

Pros: I've written a review for this software in relation to our nutrition therapy business, but I've also started using this for my own personal nutrition consulting, which is structured very differently. I do freelance consulting and work remotely. The square system allows me to manage my schedule and clients from anywhere- with any device. It couldn't be easier or more helpful.

Cons: NO cons whatsoever. I am a huge fan of all the Square software AND their customer service. If there's ever a feature lacking they're sure to put in requests for you and they always go above and beyond to help.

A few waves in my smooth sailing

Reviewed on 06/08/2016
Ashley M.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It's been smooth sailing with a few waves here and there. I'm really glad I can use both the square and the appointments together versus two different applications for one purpose.

Pros: I like the how my schedule comes up for the day. The reports, easy usage.

Cons: I hate having to login with my email and password over and over. I wish there were an app that I could stay logged in or just put in a 4 digit code for security purposes since my clients credit/debit cards could be charged. My customers hate that they have to put their card number in every time. The mobile layout needs a little work on some pages

It is perfect for our boat rental company

Reviewed on 09/08/2017
Taylor R.
Sports, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It works great for our boat rental company

Pros: They have built a good system with good support that allows us to easily get and manage online bookings.

Cons: There could be some more functionality built out that could allow us to further create other options on our reservation calendar.

Promising but very limited

Reviewed on 10/11/2016
Ren Z.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Limited feature set for the price compared to cheaper more feature-rich alternatives available on the market. It's year 2016, and makers of this software still haven't implemented a simple feature like service name showing in the booked time slot when staff view the calendar. Unless you're using their iPad app their web calendar interface is horrible. Worst of all, this system is so primitive that it forces customers to enter full name, phone, and email address EVERY SINGLE TIME to book an appointment. The only reason we switched to Square Appointments in the first place was to prevent no-shows by activating "Hold Card for No-Show Protection". This feature is half-baked because there's no way to save card info for future bookings. As of November 2016 no improvements have been made to mitigate that despite their tech staff promising to fix it when we first signed up with them in May 2016. I have sent them tons of usability improving ideas but only a few were addressed. We're on the verge of canceling our account with them because our clients constantly complain about what I described above, but worst of all we've noticed major decline in booking conversions from even our current clients, let alone newcomers. It holds promise, it is just not ready for prime time.

Pros: It has a dedicated iPad app.

Cons: Customer has to fill out his name, email, phone and credit card every single time appointment is booked. That's annoying and enough to steer even the most loyal customers away.

Would recommend to small business owners

Reviewed on 06/03/2019
Tiri B.
Hairstylist
Cosmetics, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I haven’t had any problems with square so far everything isn’t great but it’s good for a small business owner like myself

Pros: What I like the most is that I am able to keep track of my appointments and clients so easily. It’s a great way to keep your calendar in check!

Cons: I do not like that I cannot sync my phone calendar and the square app or even if they had a widget for the Notification Center would be great!

Easy for people to make appointments

Reviewed on 02/11/2018
Founder, Managing Director
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: If you need customers to be able to make appointment online, this is the service for you!

Pros: What I like best about Square Appointments is how easy it is for people to make appointments.

Cons: Getting everything set up is relatively easy, it can be a little more difficult if you get overwhelmed by technical things. But I think it is the nature of the task, and not much they can do to make it easier.

A+ service

Reviewed on 14/08/2019
David H.
Photography, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: To have everything in one with square appointments, pay and invoices it makes everything so simple .

Pros: Everything, I am a big square user from their appointments, invoices and their online store options. Are you square also wrote my online Facebook page for booking appointments.

Cons: The only thing I could say is maybe a little bit faster who is the customer service department to get help, but it’s not a terribly long of a wait. And they are always able to fix the issue once I’m able to talk to them.

Square Appointments Review

Reviewed on 22/01/2019
Robert M.
Mortgage Processor
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This software is perfect and our clients/borrowers love it! I would venture to say that about 80% of our clients book their appointments with us via this software/website. They request their appointment date and time, we accept it and then they show up whether it be a phone conference or a face to face meet. This allows us to free up our time to generate more business/find more clients. HIGHLY recommended!

Pros: Ease of Use
Convenient
Changes are quick
Reminders to clients are efficient and effective

Cons: We haven't really found anything that we dislike about this software.

Square

Reviewed on 09/11/2018
Lauren J.
Assistant
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Ease of customers to put appointments. I love that they receive a text and a email reminding them of their appointment

Cons: You can't put in two different locations

Square Appointments is Awesome!

Reviewed on 16/11/2018
Millie R.
Esthetician
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Easy for customers to book, reschedule or cancel online! They can even make a payment.

Cons: Square Appointments App is not available for Android yet.

Making appointments simple

Reviewed on 11/04/2018
Rho L.
Creative Director
Customer Support

Pros: Square is one of the easiest ways to make appointments and keep appointment straight. My staff Is so much more efficient using square appointments.

Cons: I can't think of anything I do not like about square appointments. It is easy it is simple it is a great way to get your business organized.

Love the ease and low fees!

Reviewed on 20/03/2019
Stylist
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: So easy to use with my small business. Thank you for all of the wonderful features and tracking purchases/reports.

Pros: Low fees across the board! Same fees for all credit cards, no hidden fees. Love the option to send an invoice to customers via email to pay!

Cons: Service industry- - Once the customer signs and hits accept, they cannot go back to enter a tip. Most credit card processors, have the option to add the tip after- with square customer must do it before they sign, or you cannot do it