Filter by:

• Overall

About TelemetryTV

TelemetryTV is a powerful digital signage platform built for the modern communicator.

Learn more about TelemetryTV

Matt F.
Sr. Network Administrator in US
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees

A Step Up for Digital Signage

5 5 months ago

Comments: We are going all-in with TelemetryTV, with 15 large displays and soon 28 meeting room displays of various sizes. The ability to quickly spin up devices is great and user training is straight forward. Cloud-based makes it easy to have devices wireless on their own without having to deploy dedicated networking on top of power. It just works, and look forward to seeing it serve our needs long into the future.

Pros:

The ease of deployment and flexibility of devices to utilize was a huge sell. It was extremely easy to test with the free single license and the ability to run on said devices to see if it was a good fit. No need to wait for demo hardware. While an online demo was nice, being able to dive into the system helped make a quick decision in our limited project timeframe.

Cons:

There is room for improvement with slide transitions where they are too jarring, e.g. a crossfade will fade to a background but not the next slide, then the next slide just appears. Really affects a large number of the selection which is a tough sell. There is no customization on transition timings and they all seem a bit fast. Android support was touted as a primary preferred platform, but any of the preferred devices (and we tested many) all failed to perform well over 24hours to the point of failure. Hoping that gets improved, but Windows 10 devices are working great!

Alternatives Considered: AxisTV Signage Suite, REACH, Yodeck and Carousel

Reasons for Switching to TelemetryTV: We originally were going to go with the Tightrope Systems Carousel product, since we had internal familiarity and had deployed that in the past, but after having hands-on opportunities and with costs seeming to go higher for hardware/server/licensing on other products, Tightrope really stood out. Pleasantly surprised.

Ian S.
President in US

Top Notch Quality, Value and Service

5 last year

Comments: Excellent team that is not only easy to work with, but also innovative and always thinking ahead for us. The product is rock solid and one of the best platforms on the marketplace that we have found in the 15 years that we have been in the digital signage business.

Pros:

TelemetryTV has an extremely robust set of tools to create some of the best digital signage I have seen. Tools and apps in the user interface are straight forward and intuitive and can be easily learned. The advanced features are solid and with them, we are able to create innovative playlists and media for the viewers of our signage networks.

Cons:

None that I have found to date. For features that we were looking to implement, the team guided us to them or helped us by getting them on their feature roadmap.

Daniel H.
IT Manager in UK
Staffing & Recruiting, 51-200 Employees

Brilliant Software, lots of features, easy to manage

5 7 months ago

Comments: One of our main goals was to
Also since the start of 2020, we were easily able to put up employee-safety notices, concerning covid.

Pros:

Once you get the hang of it, TTV is easy to use, and has a lot of potential. The program allows basically all media to be pushed to your device pool on-demand. I've been able to display covid safety notices, company notices, warnings about downtime, celebrations of company success. The support team are excellent. Even though we're in different time-zones, they always help me out when I ask, and they'll reach out to me with product updates, new features etc.

Cons:

Onboarding was time-consuming because of the amount of devices I have, however I haven't had much trouble with devices since.

Joseph M.
IT Specialist in US

Excellent Signage

4 2 years ago

Comments: Good, Telemetry is a effective solution for our School's digital signage. It's been great for displaying info, news, and videos to students and staff at our school.

Pros:

I like user interface and customization options for our TV displays. The interface is simple to use and easy to modify. I also like the variety of apps that can be added to each display or board and that everything is synced immediately when any changes are deployed.

Cons:

The primary issue I have had is with software updates. I have occasionally had a box crash or get stuck after the device updated to a new version of telemetry or Chrome OS.

Alternatives Considered: Mvix Digital Signage

Reasons for Choosing TelemetryTV: Cost, Support, and reliability.

Reasons for Switching to TelemetryTV: Cost, User Interface, Ease of Use and Customization Options.

Tony G.
Network Technician in US
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees

Telemetry in Schools

4 last year

Comments: Our organization consists of multiple sites, the furthest spanning 70 miles apart. The ability to remotely access all of the devices, their content, and the ability to override that content and mange users and groups from a single point of access is critical to the productivity of our technology department.

Pros:

In today's world the ability to access management software with the simplicity of opening a web browser and navigating to the website from anywhere at any time is key to providing the real-time distribution of information that is expected by consumers.

Cons:

Updates to the system are made frequently. Which is a good thing because the updates continually improve the user experience, but often causes frustration among users when they can't find a feature because the "look" and "feel" has changed since their last use.

Chris V.
Chris V.
Network Manager in UK
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

A hassle free Digital Signage solution

4 last year

Comments: Managing a large amount of screens in an educational environment.

Pros:

After experiencing reliability issues and poor support with our existing Digital Signage solution, I decided it was time to invest in something different. After trialling a couple of solutions I came across Telemetry TV, I am so glad I did! Telemetry TV is very simple to setup, easy to administrate and allows you to deploy rich content to your screens in no time. I really like being able to see snapshots of what my screens are doing in real-time, overrides, the multitude of app integrations and most of all the instantaneous screen updates once a playlist is updated.

Cons:

I love this product but TelemetryTV please create an Admin app for turning on overrides and making changes on the go.

Jennifer W.
Canadian Sales Mgr in US
Farming, 51-200 Employees

AgXplore University

5 7 months ago

Comments: We had some kinks to work out, but finally got them worked out, for the most part ran smooth.

Pros:

Different options for platforms to choose from.

Cons:

Only can be downloaded app for Windows 10 or higher, so users could not download the app, and it can't be downloaded on an iPad or smartphone

Alternatives Considered: Teachable

Reasons for Switching to TelemetryTV: Not sure, we tried them both out.

Angel U.
Dir. Enterprise Applications in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

The most innovative solution for digital signage

5 last year

Comments: Most importantly the team at TTV actually listen to their clients needs. I've lost count of the times where I submitted a feature request and subsequently found the feature in production a few short weeks later. The team at TTV are second to none and I have so rarely encountered a group of folks that were so committed to my success. They're a pleasure to work with and they make my screens look sexy and me look really smart. If you need to manage digital signage do yourself and your patrons a favor and pick TTV.

Pros:

TTV is incredibly easy to use. It is so intuitive you will rarely need to actually read documentation. It is loaded with features and widgets that allow you to publish and manage content from a vast array of resources.

Cons:

The team at TTV are constantly innovating their product at such a pace it's sometimes difficult to keep up with. You have to make a point to reacquaint your self with the tool on a regular basis but it's never a difficult task.

Scott P.
President in Canada
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

Highly recommend

5 11 months ago

Comments: Excellent.

Pros:

It allows us to use on multiply computers from anywhere. As I work with my son, it allows us to view the same information as the same time allowing us to work remotely, but still together.

Cons:

At first there were a few bugs to work out but customer service was excellent in walking me through all my questions.

Matthew S.
CTO in Canada
Biotechnology, 201-500 Employees

Great Software

5 last year

Comments: Great service and great support.

Pros:

Integration with Chrome Device Management, easy to make playlists and content.

Cons:

Overall, the product is great, I don't have any major concerns.

Janene S.
FS Supervisor in US
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees

The Best Menu Board Software

5 2 years ago

Pros:

This software is very user friendly. The team at TelemetryTV are available and responsive within minutes for any issue or question we have had. Love this software and would highly recommend.

Cons:

There is nothing I don't like about this product.

Minmin Q.
System Analyst in US
Higher Education, 10,000+ Employees

TelemetryTV is an excellent cloud-based digital signage software.

5 10 months ago

Pros:

TelemetryTV provides a variety of powerful features on content and device management. For example, it displays schedules, events, and videos with customized layouts. It also covers a wide range of hardware options. Another highlight is that their support team responds immediately to any questions or issues.

Cons:

No cons. This product fits our needs well.

Teressa R.
VP of Sales in US

Versatile

5 5 months ago

Comments: They have been so supportive and receptive to any of our questions and suggestions. They have gone above and beyond to help customize some of the features we have requested and always respond immediately to our needs.

Pros:

The options that are offered are so extensive and it is going to offer our advertisers a lot of variety and impact on their marketing.

Cons:

I am not familiar enough yet with the software, we are just launching the product.

Andrew P.
Andrew P.
Superintendent in US
Education Management, 201-500 Employees

Affordable and Works consistently

4 3 months ago

Comments: Excellent - Customer service is great.

Pros:

Affordablility. Easy to install. Uses Google Slides.

Cons:

Not the easiest to configure. Customer service is helpful. Had to add a chromebox and wasn't aware of that.

Kelly P.
Teacher in US
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

Use to get information out to parents, students and staff

5 2 years ago

Comments: I have loved using TelemetryTV in school.

Pros:

The ease of integrating Google Slides into the application.

Cons:

The only thing I can complain about is time widget is only in military time!

TelemetryTV Response

2 years ago

Hi Kelly, thanks so much for your kind words! Regarding the military time issue you mentioned, we have updated the Clock widget, app, and overlays to include an option for both 12h and 24h time. We'll send some more info to you via email to show you where you can find this option.

Tumi L.
Founder Of Ink Mushrooms Digital in South Africa

TelemetryTV easy to use and More advanced.

5 10 months ago

Comments: I love the software, better than most softwares I've tried, the people are always available to help, and their consistent help is appreciated. Makes my business more easier.

Pros:

It has various options on how to use it, gives you a clear and easy view. Makes everything professional.

Cons:

Trying to create my own formats... Sometimes it takes time to upload pictures, might be my network and trying to make my display pictures landscape.

Richard P.
Director of Business Development and Marketing in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Telemetry TV

5 9 months ago

Comments: Easy to work with.

Pros:

The ease of use. Great platform. The hardware used with the platform was great.

Cons:

I don't have anything negative to say. I would recommended the platform.

Founder in US
Information Services, 2-10 Employees

Great Digital Signage Tool

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Easy to use, the customizable, team was able to push additional features. The playlisting is simple as are the tools to build content

Cons:

There is some downtime with our use case but it's a function of the internet service that we use.

Laurie W.
Owner in US
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees

Very happy with TelemetryTV

5 2 years ago

Pros:

This software was so easy to use and we have had not down time. We are so thankful we switched.

Cons:

Have not had any problems. We had many problems with previous system

Katie R.
Educator in US
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

Love this Product

5 2 years ago

Comments: I am an educator that uses this program in our school to share information and activities that have happening the school

Pros:

I love the ease of use and ability to show others to collaborate to use!

Cons:

No cons as of yet! I have really enjoyed using and learnign about it!

Brett S.
Marketing in US
Business Supplies & Equipment, 11-50 Employees

Great Digital Signage for Android OS

5 2 years ago

Comments: It has been great so far. We are suggesting Telemtry TV to use with our interactive digital signage hardware and everyone is really liking the ease of use and its online and offline capabilities. (Check our digital signage hardware out online at https://www.theglobaldisplaysolution.com/digital)

Pros:

Telemetry TV is stable and easy to use with Android OS and has great looking templates. We recommend this to our customers to use with our digital signage hardware.

Cons:

Nothing to mention here. We find that Telemetry TV does everything our customers need at a great price.

Brent B.
Sales Engineer in US

Modern and easy to use!

5 last year

Comments: Quick and easy to roll out and maintain

Pros:

Direct integration to my other systems.

Cons:

For my use there is not many features I would add.

Joseph H.
DOT in US

Great for K-12

5 2 years ago

Comments: Support has always been there to help and the company handles issue first hand. They are constantly building in new solutions to work with their product.

Pros:

The ease of use. This was easy to get setup and working in little to no time.

Cons:

There really isn't cons that I've found so far. This product really fits our needs.

Alternatives Considered: Mvix Digital Signage

Reasons for Choosing TelemetryTV: Cost and functionality.

Switched From: Hypersign

Reasons for Switching to TelemetryTV: Price was modular and "nickle and dime" for each module you wanted to add.

Scott C.
Site Quality Eng. in US
Semiconductors, 201-500 Employees

Excellent solution for any sized company!

5 8 months ago

Comments: Fantastic.

Pros:

It's so intuitive and efficient to use. Almost any hardware/software combo can get you professional and modern looking cloud managment for displays.

Cons:

I haven't found them yet. I keep liking it more and more.

Justin P.
Associate Communication Technologies Engineer in US
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great service and great customer service!

5 12 months ago

Comments: TelemetryTV has been great for our orginazation and continues to be our go to service for digital signage!

Pros:

TelemetryTV makes it easy to set up and deploy digital signage across our campus. Thanks to TelemetryTV my team and co-workers have been able to spread important transportation information and news while providing welcoming signage. The customer service is quick to respond and the various forums provide helpful information. Plus the development team listens to user suggestions and provides regular updates.

Cons:

I wish the updates provided detailed informatio on what was updated or removed. Currently, the updates only alert users of the availability of an update but provide no other information.