SuiteCRM Reviews

by diligent technology & business consulting AG

4.5 / 5 36 reviews
SuiteCRM

Great open-source CRM till date...

Reviewed on 14/06/2019
Md masoom✔ R.
Sr Executive Sales and Research
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My overall experience with SuitCRM is amazing. I am using it for more than three years and found it really effective and helpful CRM. I am using it to create campaigns, track emails, fetching reports and creating the dashboard for the information. After using this CRM now I ensure that my data and information is now secure.

Pros: I like SuitCRM's simple design and easy to use user interface. I like this very much because operating SuitCRM is very easy. SuitCRM is fast, reliable and secure CRM and this is something I like the most about this amazing CRM.

Cons: There is one thing that I want to highlight that I dislike about it which is sometimes when I wish to fetch large size reports from this CRM, it gets stuck sometimes but overall I am very happy with its performance.

I have been a heavy user and administrator of my SuiteCRM incidence for over 5 years.

Reviewed on 06/07/2018
Founder/Licensed Real Estate Broker
Real Estate
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: And entire suite of CRM capabilities without being nickle-and-dimed for every user or add-on.

Pros: Out of the box it is a great program that replicates virtually all of the needed tasks of others CRMs that have monthly user subscriptions. It is also very easy to find programmers to add additional functionality, even if you personally do not know programming. I have been able to add an almost complete company workflow into the software as well as have it connected to other large datasets related to my business. And I own all of the customizations, code and data while not being overly locked into another company's proprietary system.

Cons: The email module is its weak spot and the UI could be improved - although it has come a long way over the past few years.

Customizable, Extensible, Self-hosted CRM

Reviewed on 16/08/2018
Bill B.
Information Services, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: When self-hosting was a requirement for storing my customer details, SuiteCRM was a primary candidate. It was fairly easy to install and begin using. You can choose which modules to implement, everything from inventory and reports to Outlook plugins and project management. I just needed the basics, customers, contacts, appointments, notes. With the API I was able to integrate it with my time tracking app and save work done into the CRM customer notes.

Cons: I started with version 7, where the UI had just had a major revision. It was more responsive but much less efficient in terms of screen real estate. Because I had the source, I was able to tighten up specific styles so I could view more information per screen. SuiteCRM is a huge application. There are a myriad of options, however they are well organized and I didn't find it difficult to locate what I needed.

SuiteCRM is the only way to go for full-blown CRM

Reviewed on 06/09/2018
David G.
Director of Stuff & Things aka Sales & Marketing Director
Internet, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Fantastic experience since the software was 'forked' from the SugarCRM Community Edition 3-4 years ago. Sales Agilty who are the driving force behind SuiteCRM have really taken it by the scruff of the neck and turned it into something that can compete head on with cloud-based or enterprise CRM systems.

Pros: 1. open source
2. so no per user per month fees
3. customisable. Either using the Module Builder or via bespoke customisation
4. easy to integrate with other systems using tools like Zapier or by doing bespoke work
5. that I can take my time rolling it out across my business as there are no massive 'software investments' to make

Cons: Nothing. We love using it and use it EVERY SINGLE DAY. It is one of only three 'line of business' applications in my business.

About What You'd Expect From A Free CRM

Reviewed on 16/02/2019
Marketing Assistant
Public Safety, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I am the admin of Suite CRM for my work place. Our sales team uses this platform to track leads, opportunities, and to generate quotes and invoices. We have imported our part numbers from Excel. It has allowed us to add custom fields and also allowed us to create custom pdf templates for the quotes. We use Suite CRM every day. We like that it is free and that we can host it in house as opposed to in the cloud. Overall it is easy to use, but not a perfect solution. Only certain fields can be flex related to other fields in other modules, so sometimes certain custom fields do not auto-populate. It does have nice in depth reporting and searching functionality. It has a lot of flexibility to make it work for your own unique business needs. The biggest draw back is lack of support and a ton of bugs in the code of both Suite CRM and the optional modules. A lot of time is spent debugging the platform and we are not programmers so sometimes fixing one bug leads to other bugs or can quickly cripple the system leaving it down for hours while we try to solve the bugs. Because it is such an important part of each call our sales team takes, it is a big deal when the system goes down. Because my main job function is not maintaining the CRM, it also means taking time away from other projects. Overall though; what do you expect for free? We are still satisfied and have been using Suite for several years now because it is free and full of flexible functionalities.

Pros: It's Free
Able To Host It On Your Own Server Instead of In The Cloud
It's Simple To Use
Ability To Create Your Own Modules
Lots Of Other Modules Are Available For Free or Paid In The Community
These Modules Allow You To Do Just About Anything With This CRM

Cons: Their Support Is Not Very Good - I Have Posted In Their Forums Seeking Support And Never Heard Back
They Don't Provide Phone Support For The Free Version
There Are A Lot Of Bugs In The Code
Sometimes Updates Fix One Bug and Break Another
You Have To Know Code To Fix All These Bugs
If You Don't Know What You're Doing You Can Mess Up The Code and Cripple The System

Review of SuiteCRM

Reviewed on 26/06/2019
Software Engineer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Using SuiteCRM has helped on tracking activities in places of work which I have customised for and even in its usage in the company

Pros: It's ease of usage and its customisability

Cons: There are some restrictions to it's customisability which limits design options

Don't break it!

Reviewed on 13/11/2018
Application Support Engineer
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I like it a lot. I made the mistake of rolling out a highly customized CRM and later had to add functions/features that essentially broke because of my customizations. Something to always consider when rolling out a custom tool.

Pros: This software comes with a lot of features out of the box and there are more you can add on. The Open Source community uses similar platforms that makes troubleshooting with Google much easier.

Cons: It is verry verry customizable. Make sure to take snapshots and notes, the way it interacts with itself on the back-end is extremely specific.

Wonderful and Expandable CRM Solution

Reviewed on 14/11/2017
Nathan E.
Director of Marketing
Farming, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: If you are comfortable working with your own website, I recommend trying out Suite CRM. It can end up saving you a ton of money. If you are tired of SalesForce and would like to try a different option, look no further. This is an excellent product.

Pros: I absolutely love that this CRM is fully opensource and if you are confident enough free to use. You can have a CRM as powerful as SalesForce for the opportunity cost of self installation. That being said, there is a network of people who can help you install and manage it. Plus there is an affordable paid version which in my opinion outshines that of SalesForce or Infusionsoft!

Cons: It is a little difficult to get this up and running if you are trying to install it on your own. Additionally, the idea of opensource software doesn't appeal to everybody and should be taken with a grain of salt since you can have others install for you.

My former employer switched from SugarCRM to SuiteCRM. They are identical.

Reviewed on 14/02/2018
Sarah P.
Account Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: There was a lot of customization available that had not been available in SugarCRM. The trick is having an IT team that can devote time and resources to tweaking it to make it work best for your company.

Pros: Having used SugarCRM for a couple of years before, SuiteCRM is almost exactly the same. All of our client information transferred over to the new system easily. You can keep notes, cases, tasks, schedule calls, contact information, revenue, etc. all in one easy system.

Cons: There were a lot of bugs in the system when we switched over, particularly with reporting. Much of this was evidently due to information fields not quite being an exact match, as well as a completely different flow of logic in building reports than the way it had been in SugarCRM. We spent many man hours testing, screenshotting, and attempting to correct system bugs.

Amazing Suite

Reviewed on 08/05/2019
human resource manager
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have been using this program for several years now - and it has been a valuable tool. We just recently upgraded the program to one of the newest releases, allowing us to do more - with less steps. The ability to create a workflow is invaluable. We run the program on a Mac server, and have not had one bit of problems with it. If you are looking for a smooth running CRM suite, check this app out.

Pros: The ability to use SuiteCRM and customize it to your needs is FANTASTIC. We needed a catering management tool, everything on the market was out of our price range, or did not provide what we wanted. With a few modifications and adding of fields, SuiteCRM was ready to go. It even have the ability to print PDF's and email them as well.

Cons: The lack of mail merging or publishing to a word document is about the only thing that is lacking in this system. There is an add on - but it is a little pricey.

SuiteCRM is also SWEET as SUGAR

Reviewed on 09/01/2019
Mike lester R.
Systems & Methods Head
Real Estate, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The overall experience with SuiteCRM is that it addresses the challenges addressed by a full featured CRM, that is the maintenance of the customers database, engagement with customers, and everything in between that translates to the visibility and reproducibility of the entire CRM process stream.

Pros: What I liked about this software is that it is FREE and is already a FULL FEATURED CRM. I haven't found another Open source CRM software that can beat its functionalities, specially that you can build applications easily through its built-in process and forms engine. Sugar is the commercially supported version which is more stable but with the SAME features.

Cons: What I liked least about Open source software is the support which would be little to none at all. There is not much expertise with the software in our region, thus I most often go to commercial vendors for our company.

The best open source CRM for SMB

Reviewed on 12/02/2019
Software engineer
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: CRM systems for Telco and Travel industries

Pros: It has free version that is highly customizable to meet requirements for any industry. Even free, it has updates and security fixes on a regular basis

Cons: Lack of support and documentation for a free version. API needs to be renewed with a modern one.
There is no official app for a mobile phones.

Best Open Source Customer Relationship Management

Reviewed on 01/08/2018
Simran K.
CRM Development Executive
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: SuiteCRM Integration features is the best part.

Pros: I want integrate Techesperto official SuiteCRM Twilio SMS Service plugin with my SuiteCRM Open Source, As a CRM expert. It is very easy to integrate Twilio bulk sms plugin to my SuiteCRM Platform. During use of Suite, I notice some major pros.
Customer self-service
Sales portal
Flexible workflow
Easy to use
Easy to Integrate
Finance management

Cons: I’m working with SuiteCRM since 3 month. So, I did not found any special type of cons with SuiteCRM Customization, Integration & Migration. Sometime have Implementation code error.

A pleasant surprise!

Reviewed on 18/08/2016
Leslie C.
Management Consulting
4.5 / 5
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The product has all its modules available and ready at the point of install which means you have access to every feature and functionality straight away. As it is an enterprise product it has powerful capabilities and because it is open source it is all free to use no matter how many users you have. The system covers off everything I would need to track for my customers or prospects, its great having everything in all in the one place which helps drives my sales and marketing.

Cons: The admin panel allows you to customise the look and feel of the system, however to fully customise the software for your own needs you need to have some technical know-how in order to complete the some of the tasks.

A complete sales and marketing management system, easy to use

Reviewed on 18/07/2019
Dinesh S.
Co-Founder
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Suite CRM is the best self-hosted, open source and customizable CRM. In fact, this is one open source CRM that can face head on with any other enterprise or cloud based CRMs. Right from importing from traditional database or importing from excel, Suite CRM also allows to add custom fields.

Pros: -Allows you to create your own modules based on your needs
-Comes with freely available modules
-You can either customize using a modular builder or go for bespoke customization
-The best part is it does not ask for any expensive software add-ons unlike others
-Out of the box, functionalities makes troubleshooting a lot easier

Cons: - Too much of customization and hence make sure to take notes accordingly as every customized module interacts differently with the backend.
- All you need is a little tweak by the developers and you are good to go for using SuiteCRM as per your needs. A must use for start-ups who are looking for substantial growth in business.

Mixed Feelings

Reviewed on 05/04/2018
Mykea J.
COO
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: If you want a CRM to use internally... it’s great! Something for your client to interact with and great customization options... run.

Pros: It does have many different modules and features to choose from. You have the ability to create your own and your own relationship tables. I like the amount of data it can collect and how you can potentially use the CRM

Cons: Out of the Box, it’s great if you just want to setup. I ran into errors installing it on two different server spaces (1 host gator & 1 GoDaddy). I needed developer to fix it. I am not a fan of how it looks. In comparison to other CRMs it’s not that appealing and customizing it is not a user friendly job... you will need a developer. Another aspect is that the client facing interface isn’t built in.... for it to be CRM thy should be pretty standard but no where can I see how to have a client sign in... only users. So to me you would have to make each client a user for them to have a view. Also the ability to hide the module and tweak the menu isn’t fun. I wanted the one bar standard menu and just to have it listed like a nav bar without the drop down... it automatically make you have to have drop downs even with only 1 option.

It's a great CRM but you need someone experienced to manage it

Reviewed on 17/08/2016
Till F.
Computer Software
Overall
3.5 / 5
4.5 / 5
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It's all open source which allows you to customize pretty much anything you want if you have some software development experience. However, simple adjustments like creating additional fields and workflows can be done through the Admin interface and is pretty straight forward.

Cons: It breaks easily. Moving servers or performing updates often requires trouble shooting. If you are not up for that you should use their hosted service.

Open Source, Yet Enterprise Ready

Reviewed on 31/10/2018
CRM Developer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I've worked with SuiteCRM as a system administrator/user and as a software consultant implementing it for customers.

Pros: Feature packed, with a high degree of parity with commercial CRM systems, but with an open source development structure and LTS update cycle.

Cons: While I admire the commitment to open-source development, the zeal of the marketing emails and project leader sometimes feels a little extreme. I appreciate the passion, it's just a bit much sometimes. This doesn't seem to have a negative impact on the software, though.

Complete CRM Solution

Reviewed on 02/01/2017
Dj N.
Managing Director
Customer Support

Comments: I've been using SuiteCRM for 3 years. It is module based so that you can remove features not needed. It takes some skills to administer and is for more advanced organizations. Easily integrated and extended.

Good open source CRM suite

Reviewed on 18/05/2017
Ishan L.
Management Trainee
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: SuiteCRM is based on SugarCRM. It has a lot of features (leads, opportunities, target lists, email templates, campaigns, web-to-lead form creation, etc). The new UI looks great.

Cons: Very little to not like given that it's free. I switched to another software since we wanted sales to be integrated with our ERP software and with SuiteCRM it was a standalone product. I wish it wasn't PHP-based, but that's just a matter of personal preference.

The affordable open source CRM app, originally based on SugarCRM 6.5 Community Edition

Reviewed on 03/10/2015
Chris C.
CTO
Customer Support

Comments: Pros:
* SuiteCRM is developed and managed by Sales Agility a UK based leading global SugarCRM implementation expert, module developer, and hosting provider.
* SutieCRM has all the features of SugarCRM Pro, in a free open source AGPL license.
* Compatibility with any SugarCRM 6.5 compatible add-on module, hundreds of which are available for purchase on SugarOutfitters.
* Install SuiteCRM on any commercial hosting or cloud provider, on a local sever, or in Sales Agility's online managed SuiteCRM hosting service.
* Do it yourself customization for your organzation, tailor SuiteCRM with your own custom modules.
* Contract with any of thousands of experienced SugarCRM and SuiteCRM developers to create customized modules to provide specific functionality for your organization.
* Responsive user interface that automatically adapts to work on any screen size desktop, tablet, and smartphone.
* New features are under development and updates are released on a regular basis.
* Bugs fixed rather quickly after reporting an issue on the SuiteCRM github repository.
* Millions of users, tens of thousands of organizations, and thousands of developers.
Cons:
* Not yet compatible with SugarCRM 7 modules. Only 6.5 modules are currently compatible.

SuiteCRM is easy to use, Saves you a tonne of money either as a Cloud install or on Your Server

Reviewed on 05/12/2016
Simeon P.
Customer Support

Comments: I love SuiteCRM, especially version 7.7.8. Its user interface got a full refresh, it's modern, simple, and best of all...mobile responsive. So, not need for a mobile app. What I like about this version, is that it's more compatible with my own web server, and the Workflow Automation actually works. Even though SuiteCRM is Opensource, it's not a dumbed-down version. You literally have everything you need in here. I really like how I can create a web form, and embed it in my clients' and my own landing pages, and how I can setup an autoresponder in it. You can send Marketing Campaigns, have unlimited Employees, and way more. Basically, everything you get in the top, most expensive CRMs. I highly recommend this, and the owner himself is very responsive on Twitter. @suitecrm. One more thing, I showed recent clients how to use this, during a lead-generation campaign, and they love it, even though it's the first time they've seen this concept. They actually use it every day how I showed them, and I didn't even show them everything.
It works. Leads come in, they follow up with a phone call, they book meetings, they close deals and get paid.

This is the Best CRM software which is completely open-source on initial basis for a SoHo & Sme's

Reviewed on 25/05/2018
Yasir afaque S.
M.D.
Customer Support

Pros: This is the great CRM which is built on the sugar CRM Community Edition and is continuing the licence of open source for using under GPL licence which makes it easy and expandable for any small organisation to enhance its features as per their requirements without investing on the licence cost just they had to invest in the development part without licence purchase. This is the CRM which is a standard model of a CRM that can be used with every organisation which has various modules of sales, marketing ,support, administration,etc. This is totally compatible with the business model of supply chain . I like very much about this software is the ease of use without any cost and that makes it very effective tool to be used in business it can also be enhanced as per the business model.

Cons: I dislike its integration feature and module creation because it releases very fast upgrades which is not possible for a development unit to upgrade its extra modules developed by inhouse frequently.

Slow and hard to multi task

Reviewed on 04/04/2018
Kyle W.
Office Admin
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Able to put more in depth account information. Easy to use.

Pros: Suite CRM has a been an okay software. I like that it has a "change log" so you can see who has made any little change to an account. This comes in handy when management has to dig deep into an issue with notation and wrong account information that was placed on the account.

Cons: This software has always been pretty slow. It can take anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute to pull up account information. Crashes about every other month and requires our IT department to fix it.

I would love if it worked out

Reviewed on 01/08/2018
Raul F.
Marketing Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Good idea, but in the free open source version without additional expenses, not working so good.

Pros: I like that the open source version has tons of functionalities from contact managment, to project managment, including billing. It has a fresh new good looking interface.

Cons: I installed the open source edition with a lot of enthusiasm. Latter I saw that connection with Gmail was not good in free version, and most of the basic features where or to complex to use, or not completelly developed on the free package. So I had to move, and leave what I think is the best open source project for CRM,