15 years helping British businesses

About Papershift

Papershift brings rota planning, leave management, and employee time tracking into the cloud. Get 14 days Free Trial.

Learn more about Papershift

Papershift ratings

4.4
4.4
4.2
4.3

8.5/10

Papershift has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars based on 84 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Papershift before?

Liselot
Liselot
Web Front-End / UX Development Specialist in Germany
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Lots of features but easy to use

Comments: I can log my work, sick days, vacations, and plan my calendar in a few clicks without disrupting my work. The app is very nice!

Pros:

At my company, we work remotely and value our personal work/life balance. One of the features is the "Work Balance": I can quickly see how much time I've been working, the upcoming vacation days and holidays, and now I can plan better my own schedule. The time tracking feature is easy to input, we can note our breaks but we also have the setup that calculates it in case we forget. You can register sick dates and upload files related to it, so we don't have to wait to process it during hard times. Everything is in sync with the calendar, but my favorite feature is the sidebar, as it gives you a glance of the work balance hours and the vacation time. It's super easy to use and I know the HR team has everything organized in easy steps!

Cons:

The only thing I'm missing is the auto-log hours. The feature is available, as one of the customer representatives from Papershift reached out to me once, but I'm not sure how to activate it. I guess I need to talk to the admin about that.

Georgina
Office Manager in UK
Photography, 2–10 Employees

Great product! Easy to use and great customer service

Comments: Great experience. From the trial, to now, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been great at helping me with any initial questions and always checking in to see if we are still using ok and need any help.

Pros:

How easy it is to use! The simple need for an online calendar which staff and management can see - request holidays and view others in their department is so useful

Cons:

Everything is great, I would say a total number of sick days would be good on the employee profiles rather than having to calculate myself but its very minor

Christian
Analytiker in Germany
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

Good but not good enough.

Comments: The operation of Papershift is not intuitive. You have to work with it for a long time so that all functions become clear.

Pros:

- Time span freely selectable in 'evaluation' & 'time tracking'. - Search function in 'vacation' & 'time tracking'.

Cons:

- No public holidays will be displayed. - Over time is onely available via 'user' -> 'evaluation'. No 'button' on the left side. - Calendar/ overview with holiday of colleagues is hidden.

5 years ago

Hello Christian, thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback (positive and negative). Regarding the cons you mentioned: Public holidays should be marked in the calendar (blue font and a note with the holiday) and in the evaluation (blue "f" button). We are currently working improving the employee dashboard (top button) and will most likely incorporate the overtime there. Absences from your colleagues can be viewed in the calendar view (calendar icon with an x) unfortunately in the mobile view this icon will not show at the moment. If you have any further questions you can always contact our support team. Thanks again for using Papershift. Best wishes. Kevin from Papershift.

Johannes
CEO in Germany
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Good Software for Owner

Pros:

The Shiftplan is very food to use. For Position Manager as well. Easy to configure

Cons:

The Usability for Workers. It will be easier if workers can use a app and login without private mail account. Maybe Personal-ID oder personal Keyword. Not in a browser. In a Android or iOS app.

Miguel A.
Head of Department in Germany
Marketing & Advertising, 10,000+ Employees

Definitive allrounder

Comments: Implementing the program in the organisation was rather easy and everybody seemed to get along with it from the very begining very nicely.

Pros:

The use is very instinctive and user friendly. It is highly customisable.

Cons:

It does crush regularly and sometimer it does take way to long to load.

Peter
Front Office Manager in Austria
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

Really flexible

Comments: 6 hotels, mostly student staff that needs to change shifts frequently. Different hours every month

Pros:

Intuitive to use, fast, platform independent

Cons:

App, sometime the menu is confusing. Diagrams would be great.

Telecommunications, 501–1,000 Employees

its a good way to track working time but there are some issues

Comments: I work now over 3 years with PS and its a good tool to plan the working time but there are some not so nice things that they dont have a app for the workers that I don't like.but overall its a good tool and work well

Pros:

1. Modern 2. Easy to use 3. Mobile compatible

Cons:

1. Website to slow 2. No APP for workers 3. To less options for Planing the working time

5 years ago

Hello, thank you for your review. Regarding your feedback, we are currently working on new apps for our customers and we recently released our Plan app that lets you keep an eye on your roster and also on your teams plan. If you contact our support via chat or phone we would like to know what options you are missing when planning your work. Thanks again for using Papershift. Best wishes. Kevin from Papershift

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11–50 Employees

Feedback on the Papershift as a user

Pros:

Quite comfy and easy way to track your working hours and check when your colleagues are available in the office thanks to the Calendar week graph

Cons:

Sometimes the time counter crashes, especially when you use couple of devices i.e Laptop and phone being not at the desk. This fact disappoints me the most since you need to count the time yourself and contact the admin to make the adjustments.

5 years ago

Hello, thank you for your feedback. The feature you are describing (i.e. multi device tracking) is something we are already working on. We hope that we will soon be able to release this. Thanks again for using Papershift. Best wishes. Kevin

Amira
Executive Assistant in Germany
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Papershift

Comments: It is a very good software to plan and coordinate work shifts and PTO. We use it on a daily basis and I would definitely recommend buying it.

Pros:

- It is very easy to get accustomed to - Most features are self explanatory - There is a huge number of options to choose from - You can adjust the software to fit your company's needs

Cons:

- There is no users manual, only a few videos which don't even cover all basic features - There are so many options that you can get lost trying to figure out how to adjust the tool

3 years ago

Hello Amira, thank you very much for your kind review. Happy to hear that you enjoy Papershift. If you have questions about any options within Papershift you can always have a look at our Helpdesk at help.papershift.com If you need more information about something you can also contact our support via chat, email or phone. Thanks again for using Papershift. Best wishes. Kevin from Papershift

Niki
Niki
CEO in Austria
Sports, 2–10 Employees

never without papershift again

Comments: i save so much time and its all digital. i love it.

Pros:

i love the support. always friendly :)

Cons:

u need a lot time to learn to work with it.

Larenn
Supply Chain Manager in Austria
Food & Beverages, 501–1,000 Employees

Not Perfect but the right choice

Pros:

You have acces from everywhere with every Handheld.

Cons:

There are very fews points which I did not like about it

Merve
student assistance at IT and Finance department in Germany
Civic & Social Organization, 11–50 Employees

simple and effectiv system to capture the working hours

Pros:

Papershift is a modern, simple and user-friendly Programm wit a lot of different and useful tools. You can write notes, change wrong-written dates and make a lot of different tasks. I like it! We use it to capture our working hours and note the days where we are sick leave, incapacitated for work etc. Either you can scan your doctors attest, so you do not have to reach it via hand to your supervisor and it wont get lose or embarassed. Easy using with no effort.

Cons:

the logout button could be located openly at the main page.

Julian
Deputy manager in Germany
Restaurants, 51–200 Employees

The best choice we made in the last year!

Comments: We use Papershift for the management of our two restaurants and are very happy that we made the choice for it although the price deterred us. After four months, a lot of gain in time of our leaderships and a lot of appreciated reduction of bureaucracy we really recommend this software!

Pros:

The ease of use, the great support (chat or by telephone) and the possibility to make changes in the shiftplan and inform the staff simultaneously without the need to use group chats or so on.

Cons:

By now there’s honestly nothing I could complain about. I’d prefer using an app for admins but as far as I know they are already developing one. Furthermore it’s very easy to use it via safari- I can wait until the app is done.

Karl
Advisor in Germany
Oil & Energy, 51–200 Employees

positive reviews

Comments: easy handling

Pros:

simple and easy handling. My recommendation.

Cons:

Not a Pron for this Software. Everything is ok

Market Research, 201–500 Employees

Feedback

Comments: It's solving the timing issue. It's easy to understand the the time i have worked

Pros:

Timing option is easy, and it's nice to see the time one has worked

Cons:

There is no con at this software. The set up is easy and provides value

Sara
Supervisor in Germany
Airlines/Aviation, 11–50 Employees

Easy way to get an overview

Pros:

Perfect and easy overview of all shifts and Working days

Cons:

The programm is filling the shifts in the morning first, the result is: shifts in the evening are very offen not complete.

Vera
Manager in Austria
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

very helpful, a time saver!

Pros:

It is very easy and inuitive to use. The customer support is great and very helpful but since the program is very easy to handle and self-explaining there were not many situations where I needed their support yet.

Cons:

I find it rather expensive and it would be great if they just offered something like a flat rate for 0-9 employees, 10-19 employees and so on. Also the invoice is not so transparent after registering one or two new employees.

Simon
External IT coordinator in Germany
Pharmaceuticals, 11–50 Employees

If you get into it, it's worth the money

Comments: In then end, the CEO decided to go with a functionality that was already available in the pharamacy software. I don't think it was the right decision.

Pros:

- great design - mostly intuitive - everyone is encouraged to participate in organizing - iPad time clock is amazing - setting up is complex (not complicated): until all things are configured - how are breaks handled? How do holidays work?... - great overview and statistics - amaaaaaaaazing support. On the phone, immediately, etc.

Cons:

- strangely enough, it was too modern for the rather traditional setting of our pharmacy. - I had to experiment quite a bit until I found out how to customize it - annoying ads. As soon as I started to use it, my Youtube ads were completely Papershift, aaaaall the time.

Anja
Actress in Germany
Events Services, 11–50 Employees

Makes things easier!

Comments: Easy to learn, intuitive user interface.

Pros:

It allows me to plan my shifts at any time of the day and I am informed immediatly if there are any changes.

Cons:

I can't read more information about a shift, sometimes there would be more to read and it ends with ellipses. Also, the app does not work for me at all, takes very long to open and doesn't show the shifts (I have a Sony Xperia XA1).

5 years ago

Hello Anja, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with our new Plan app. We are always working on improving our apps and this one in particular as it is very new. Hopefully we can fix your issue with the next update. Until then you can see the complete notes from your shifts (in mobile view) via your profile > assignments Thank you for using Papershift. Best wishes. Kevin

Philipp
Systemanalytiker in Germany
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

Very good software for companys to manage working hours and absences

Comments: It is a very good software, which is easy to understand. You can adjust to your needs. The support is very good and fast!

Pros:

it's very easy to understand this software.

Cons:

i don't know what i can write. For me it is very comfortable as an employee.

Lutz
Head of Growth in Germany
Machinery, 51–200 Employees

Looks good, but too expensive.

Comments: It works. Some of the documentation must be improved, but it's there. Without checking documentation, we would not be able to use it.

Pros:

The solution looks good and is cloud based.

Cons:

The price is too high. Most features must be paid extra. There are cheaper and more mature solutions available for the German market.

5 years ago

Hello Lutz, thank you for your review. We are well aware that we are not among the cheapest on the market. But we do not want to and cannot be that, because we want to offer our customers high-quality support for Papershift. Thanks again for using Papershift. Best wishes. Kevin from Papershift

Telecommunications, 11–50 Employees

All Good !

Pros:

Easy to use and very organised in the structure.

Cons:

It was all good, may a Layout change every months is an new option.

Josef
CEO in Austria
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Great application and customer service

Pros:

Ease of use and the performance (fast loading speeds). Very customizable.

Cons:

Missing mobile and tablet app functionalifies

5 years ago

Hello Josef, thank you for your kind review. We are always interested in improving our functionalities. Therefore I would kindly ask you to contact our support via chat or phone so we can learn what we can upgrade. Thanks again for using Papershift. Best wishes. Kevin from Papershift

Winja
Team Leader in Germany
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 201–500 Employees

Perfect staff planing

Pros:

Papershift is for us a big simplification for the personnel planning. Each department can individually arrange its planning, if an employee works in several departments the planning is very clear and well to coordinate. The support is courteous, reacts quickly and is always open for desired changes, furthermore there are regular updates and improvements.

Cons:

Unfortunately not every function from the premium or professional tariff can be booked individually.

Christian
1. Vorsitzender in Germany
Civic & Social Organization, 2–10 Employees

Good and Easy To Uwe Team Planner

Pros:

- easy to Setup and to use - compies wird statutory requirements - nice UI

Cons:

Plans start at 10 Users (5 would be nice)