• Overall

About Vyond

Flexible video creation platform with pre-built templates and drag-and-drop functionality to produce powerful and engaging videos.

Learn more about Vyond

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Vyond before?

Clint V.
Clint V.
Lead: Digital Learning Solutions in South Africa
Accounting, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Vyond - the software for quick and fun videos

5 8 months ago

Comments: I love this tool - I can't see us using any other animation software.

Pros:

I like the variety of templates that are included in the software. I also love the props, stock images and royalty-free music that is included. The software is easy to use, although it takes a while to truly master - like any software I suppose!

Cons:

Being network/internet based, there can be a delay in adding or editing scenes. I've also experienced delays when trying to render videos.

7 months ago

Thank you for your review and feedback, Clint. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected]

Amy L.
Sr Director, Enterprise Learning in US

Fast, easy, and versatile

5 8 months ago

Comments: We use it for internal employee training and external consumer education. We are developing a series of how-to videos for some customer facing technology also, a first for us. It is easy and quick, so it allows my super small team to do a lot. As a non-profit I have to do a lot of work with a small team and and a small budget.

Pros:

Vyond is easy to learn, easy to use, and we can create and deploy training quickly. We use it intnerally and externally for employees and customers. When you have people from the organization sending you emails that they enjoyed the mandatory compliance training, you know you are on the right track! Vyond makes that possible with fun, engaging characters, audio, ability to import video, images, audio, etc. And ease of exporting as .mp4 and then bringing into Captivate to make SCORM modules for our LMS.

Cons:

The only thing I'm not happy with is the rudimentary formatting capabilities. It really needs to step up to PowerPoint's level of grouping. selecting, having a true selection panel. It gets the job done, and they enhance it frequently. But the clunky formatting is my only issue. It's improved a lot in the 2 years we've been using it.

7 months ago

Thank you for your review and feedback, Amy. We also appreciate your insight on the formatting issues. I'll share this with the team. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected]

Jennifer C.
Senior Instructional Designer in US
Human Resources, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great for microlearning!

5 8 months ago

Comments: I started using Vyond about six months ago to create a series of microlearning videos on my company's core values. I had previously used Powtoons, which was user-friendly as well, but not as robust. I found Vyond to be extremely easy to learn as someone with no experience going in. The character sets are pretty comprehensive on their own, but the addition of the character creator was awesome! It allowed me to create one character I could use for consistency throughout each of my videos that won't be seen anywhere else. The developers at Vyond are also consistently releasing enhancements (finally there's align/distribute options) and idea videos that truly do improve the quality of what I'm creating and delivering. Text-to-speech options are pretty standard, too. Vyond does have a Community site that is very helpful and they frequently host office hours and workshops for budding and experienced developers alike. Using their resources and community, it's easy to have my Vyond questions answered.

Pros:

Ease of use; variety of characters, poses, actions, objects; character creator; entrance and exit effects; screen transitions; consistent improvement by developers

Cons:

Need more animated objects for whiteboard videos; I feel like most of the development and new character and object sets are for the colorized versions of videos; some text-to-speech sounds VERY mechanical

Jennifer D.
Corporate Trainer in US
Insurance, 51-200 Employees

Love this software!

5 8 months ago

Comments: The benefits are so many with this platform - fun, creative, engaging content can be creative for multiple audiences. I use it to create an image, gifs, AND videos. There are so many purposes! The templates are helpful and can easily be modified.

Pros:

Vyond makes it easy to create images, gifs, AND videos that support employee engagement initiatives and of course for all types of training. I am able to create fun, informative graphics and videos that enhance the training the develop.

Cons:

As a one person L & D department, I would like the ability to create contemporary characters. It's only available on the Professional platform and I'd really like to see it as an option on the Premium option. I don't need a scalable, teams platform as I am a one person team!

8 months ago

Thank you for your review. We are lucky to have you as a customer and we appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to connect with us anytime via email [email protected] or in our customer community https://vyond.force.com/community.

Chia-wen L.
Customer Success Manager in Taiwan
Think Tanks, 2-10 Employees

Vyond is so fantastic in producing professional but interesting video

4 8 months ago

Comments: Vyond is an easy-using platform. Even though I do not have any animation background, I can still learn and use Vyond to produce professional videos in a short period of time.

Pros:

Vyond provides lots of templates for users, so I can easily construct my ideas through these templates, then customized them to fit my demand. Besides, I can also make my personal characters with different styles, and use the character to represent me since I am not comfortable with camera. Last but not least, the interface is quite easy to understand and use.

Cons:

Since my company is Taiwanese reseller team, sometimes I have to hold a seminar to teach HR how to use Vyond. However, because the link-sharing function is locked for free trial account, so they cannot share their work with other colleagues, or present their work to boss. Moreover, sometimes the sharing link is not workable on mobile, so this situation might keep some people from buying Vyond.

7 months ago

Thank you for your review and feedback, Chia-Wen. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected]

Ralph V.
Owner in US
Financial Services, Self Employed

Good product

5 8 months ago

Comments: Decent amount of templates and environments available. There can never be enough of these, please continue making more. I keep losing character's action continuing when Continue Scene option is used to extend scenes where character is performing actions. So if a character is explaining something and looking left, his arm/body re-orients to the Continued Scene if I decide character's head looks right, instead of left for new Continued Scene. This makes simple, fluid character actions like arm moves and stance appear choppy and incongruent.

Pros:

Templates speed up the mundane tasks of creating moving images and environments.

Cons:

Lots more templates needed. Get ride of the amputee options that always seem to appear first for any character actions. Simple actions like "Standing" or "Talking" often return amputees as first option with regular appearing options further down the Actions List. Or perhaps have a group of Frequently Used Actions for characters instead so I don't have to scroll all the way down for the ones I need in each desired action.

7 months ago

Thank you for your review, Ralph. Your suggestion for a "Frequently Used Actions" section is excellent and I will share this with the team. Please feel free to share feedback with us anytime at [email protected]

Karen W.
E-Learning, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Level Up Your Instructional Videos

4 8 months ago

Comments: Vyond helps us create clear, fun videos to explain all sorts of processes. It has always been well received.

Pros:

This software is a real game changer! You are able to create custom vides that can really impact eLearning products. We use it often and it really enhances our products.

Cons:

At times the web based app is not responsive. Items freeze or do not work properly. Would like to see more character, scene and item choices added bi-annually.

7 months ago

Thank you for your review and feedback, Karen. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected]

Michaela W.
Learning and Development Specialist in US
Chemicals, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Vyond Animated Video Software

5 9 months ago

Comments: We use it for so many different things, small learning moments, scenarios, and video explanations. It really gets the job done and shows something the learner wants to pay attention to.

Pros:

This software is by far one of the easiest softwares to use, learn, and create absolutely brilliant and engaging work. I absolutely love how great everything looks and the sky is really the limit with what you can do.

Cons:

The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't make the background invisible and it doesn't have specific dimensions in the software. I'd like the ability to remove the background to put them in my eLearnings and have the video be different sizes.

8 months ago

Thank you for your review, Michaela! We also appreciate your feedback. We are working on supporting size variation and hopefully will release this to the product in the near future. For transparent backgrounds, we aren't as close to adding this feature yet. We do have some great suggestions and videos for using Adobe After Effects and Vyond in combination to achieve a transparent background. https://vyond.force.com/community/s/feed/0D51Q00007aW7cbSAC

Angelique J.
Senior Training Specialist in US

Vyond for your training needs

5 8 months ago

Comments: Vyond has been used to create the majority of our training and product marketing videos. I find that people truly enjoy watching short informative animated videos. The creation time is Vyond is short compared to other video production products because almost everything you need is within the platform. I highly recommend Vyond to anyone looking to step up communications and training.

Pros:

I've used Vyond for many years. I appreciate the fact that Vyond is constantly improving their platform, adding new assets and learning opportunities. Vyond adds value to an organization because it gives the developer the ability to share information in creative ways. Vyond has a great library of assets, characters, and character movements. I appreciate the ability to upload my own images, assets, music, and video clips. On top of this, Vyond has great customer support. The support team is always available and there are regular webinars to teach you how to create even better content. Adding Vyond to your tools is a must!

Cons:

I would like to see more text animation and scene transition options. Also, it would be nice to have more music to choose from. I have a subscription to a music provider since there is not much to choose from in Vyond. I would also like to see more templates available. The templates help me better understand more complex animation techniques.

Shani R.
Banking, 1,001-5,000 Employees

AWESOMENESS

5 8 months ago

Comments: I design virtual course training events and use Vyond to add interest and fun to normally boring courses.

Pros:

Ease of use and integration into other products like Articulate 360.

Cons:

Add easier closed captioning capabilities, more templates and workplace and kid friendly assets-icons, objects, etc. Add X/Y axis pinpointing (similar to Articulate) for exact placement of objects on the screen. Add better voice options, allow for characters mouths to move even when not lip syncing. Add more options for character movements. Allow global changes across all scenes, i.e. changing a character or and object.

Mario Z.
Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Keeps getting better!

5 8 months ago

Comments: Whenever I can, I'm using Vyond. If I need a still, a GIF, or a full out video, I always go straight for it. We've got several other tools and I like having them as options, but between Vyond's ease of use, constant improvements, and customizability of characters and props, I don't plan on switching to a competitor any time soon.

Pros:

I love Vyond's efforts in constantly improving. Every time I see something that I could use if it was available, they roll out an update that addresses the issue. The fact that the updates are pretty massive is also helpful and shows that they're attentive to customer needs.

Cons:

Initially, I didn't like the limitations on controlling movement, but there have been some great strides taken to improve this functionality. I'd still love to see some more improvements, maybe a better/faster way to allow for character transition within a scene rather than only relying on scene cuts, but that's getting knit picky.

Communications Consultant in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Vyond Yourself

4 8 months ago

Comments: Exceptional. I am a power user of this product and it is by far and away the best visual storytelling tool for distilling fine-grain concepts into high-level education.

Pros:

Features of TTS (text to speech Amazon Polly) as well as customizable options.

Cons:

255 character limit in TTS foreign language captures. It makes for laborious back and forth when you are working with voice-over scripts of 1-3 minutes.

6 months ago

Thank you for your review and feedback. We also appreciate your insight on the limitation of our TTS feature. I'll share this with the team. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected]

Greg B.
Privacy Education Program Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Vyond for healthcare EDU

5 7 months ago

Comments: Overall, I have a good experience with Vyond. I design educational videos by creating funny characters in an ongoing series or a serious video that is impactful. I've created videos on the same topic in different genres.

Pros:

Vyond allows customization of characters and scenes which allow me to address a specific topic in a variety of ways.

Cons:

For my purposes, I would like to have additional healthcare scenes and character clothing and accessories. Also, something that is annoying - the only way to paste text or an asset is to ctrl+v. I can right click to copy, I don't understand why I can't paste that way as other programs do.

Elizabeth G.
Manager in US
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees

Super modern and easy to use software!

5 8 months ago

Comments: It has been a huge success in my organization and has prompted additional users to get a license in the business. It has made a huge impact on our communications.

Pros:

Of course the lip sync feature is amazing but also the ease of use and minimal learning curve with this tool makes it a winner! The support team is responsive and the resources available and newsletters with tips and free templates is my favorite thing! I look forward to getting them for new inspiration.

Cons:

It can be a little challenging to copy and paste segments from one video to another but already they have made improvements from customer feedback to improve that.

7 months ago

Thank you for your review and feedback, Elizabeth. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected]

Cheryl O.
Cheryl O.
eLearning Content Writer, Developer and Coach in US
E-Learning, Self Employed

I enjoy using Vyond so much that I used it for my Father's Celebration of Life Video!

5 7 months ago

Comments: I've enjoyed using Vyond over the last 18 months. I've created personal videos, portfolio showcase videos, and videos for clients. It's user-friendly and makes a great asset for eLearning modules as it engages learners. If the commercial fee was removed then I would use it a lot more. It seems nuts to pay $100 each time you want to share the files with a client. Follow Articulate's lead (Storyline 360 and Rise) and let us share without the fee. You'll see much more use by waiving the fee. Otherwise, it's one of my fave authoring tools!

Pros:

Vyond is user-friendly and easy to create videos for both personal projects and eLearning modules. I also love the free Storytelling tour with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and use his tips when creating Vyond videos.

Cons:

I'd love it if we could create our own characters, import different music and NOT pay the fee for commercial use per video. We already pay the licensing fee - it should be enough - similar to what Articulate does for us.

Michelle J.
Director of Behavioral Health in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees

Taking training to a new level

5 last year

Comments: We are using Vyond for human services and non-profit services. We have already used Vyond to create tutorials for new software that staff have to use. We plan to use this to train on policies for greater impact and memory retention. We also plan to create videos to use to supplement virtual classes for our clients.

Pros:

I love that this software allows me (non-graphic-design-inclined) to create engaging and creative videos to train staff in a way that has more impact and memory retention than documents, emails or PowerPoint trainings. Without attending a tutorial, I was able to create a video with animations, voice-over audio and music. The software is very intuitive. For any unclear features, they use their own tool to create short informational videos to answer help topics.

Cons:

I wish there was a way to create an animation path in a curve or other non-straight line. The template library is vast, however, there were still some needs that I had which I had to manually create. Hopefully they continue to grow this library as users increase.

GoAnimate Response

last year

Hi Michelle, Thank you for your review. Good news curved motion paths will be here soon. We'd also like to hear what props, clothing & actions you need us to add. We update the product every three weeks and love to add exactly what you need. You can send suggestions to us via email [email protected] or log in to our community and add your requests there: https://vyond.force.com/community

Communications Officer in US
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees

Great for innovative videos

5 8 months ago

Comments: We've created videos for internal and external audiences to take a different approach to explaining processes and procedures within the organization.

Pros:

There is a learning curve, but once you learn how to use it it's fairly simple and effective. You can upload your own video as well which is nice.

Cons:

There should be a few more templates for videos, especially for the price. Along with more templates, more pre-made characters should be available. You can create your own, but it is a timestaking process. The price looks scary at first for an annual subscription, but if you use it it's well worth it.

7 months ago

Thank you for your review and feedback. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected]

Dormeil M.
instructional developer in US
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Easy animation

4 8 months ago

Pros:

The ease of loading assets and deploying them in an animated short. The ease in creating different formats for deployment.

Cons:

I wish the asset library had a search functionality as sometimes it is difficult to find things that you previously uploaded.

Andrea M.
Senior Instructional Designer in US
Automotive, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great Product that is Easy to Use

5 8 months ago

Comments: Overall my experience with Vyond has been excellent. It has allowed us to very quickly create a full series of overview videos with demos of a new software system we are deploying. Having these demos in Vyond added context and a ton of visual interest.

Pros:

Vyond is a great product that I found to be very easy to use. I found the extensive selection of templates, characters, and props to be phenomenal as is the library of actions and expressions.

Cons:

There are a few things that I would love to see incorporated in future releases of Vyond. First, I have wished that I could change a character's action during a scene on multiple occasions. Second, I love to see more abstract choices for backgrounds. Third, more options for formatting text would be helpful, and finally, I wish that Vyond could handle video clips longer than 4 minutes without having to add a new scene. The ability to expand or contract the timeline would also be very helpful.

Shaun P.
Learning Experience Designer in US
Internet, 10,000+ Employees

Robust, flexible, easy to use animation tool

4 8 months ago

Comments: Overall, it's a very useful tool for marketing videos, internal communications, training content. It's super helpful to be able to create my own character and pose them in any way I need. No need to have a full time illustrator on staff.

Pros:

I like that it's easy to use and comes with a lot of templates to get you started. For beginners or people who need to turn something around really quickly, the templates can save a lot of time and provide some quality animations.

Cons:

There are a lot of templates and characters, but I have to say I'm starting to recognize them within our own organization and on other companies websites and videos. The main characters and the templatizes scenes and backgrouds are easily recognizable so it's hard to make it feel customer and unique after you've made a lot of them. That's the price for becoming such a popular tool I guess--you'll start to see very similar work popping up from other Vyond users.

6 months ago

Thank you for your review and feedback, Shaun. We also appreciate your insight on adding more variety to templates and backgrounds. I'll share this with the team. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected]

Thel R.
Director of Online Learning in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees

Vyond: A great tool for animation

5 8 months ago

Comments: Overall, I'm very pleased with Vyond and find that it is a great value for production.

Pros:

Vyond is easy to set up and comes with a ton of great characters that are easily customizable. I love all the sets and different environments that come stock and you can build whatever your imagination can dream up as well.

Cons:

I feel that there could be better movements/emotions that the characters could have. For example, if there was a slider that could moderate the expressions so that there is more subtlety to the characters faces.

8 months ago

Thank you for your review. I'll share your feedback with the product team about adding the ability to moderate expressions. We love to hear from you any time you have feedback like this. Please feel free to connect with us at [email protected]

Tor C.
Instructional Designer in Canada
E-Learning, Self Employed

New User Who Sees Huge Potential

5 8 months ago

Pros:

I am a fairly new instructional designer and new Vyond user but I must say that I already love the product. Vyond is very popular in the industry and for obvious reasons. As a new user, I was able to jump in and start producing with the product without much difficulty. Like any new product, it did take a bit of playing around to get familiar with the platform, but the learning curve was not a huge one. I will use this tool to create engaging e-learning videos that effectively bring storytelling to life.

Cons:

Wish the trial was. bit longer. Many other e-learning programs ( like Storyline) have much longer trial periods that allow me to play around and explore more before committing to purchasing the product. If you are working and have any kind of busy life, the trial period is over in the blink of an eye.

8 months ago

Thank you for your review, Tor. I've shared your wish for a longer trial period with our team. Please feel free to send more feedback to us at [email protected]

Lisa P.
Sr. Learning Designer in US
Banking, 10,000+ Employees

Easy to Produce and Great Results

5 8 months ago

Pros:

What I like most about the software are the already built templates that I can customize as needed. Some of the templates are even based on topics or categories and help me organize my thoughts when creating a video.

Cons:

The only thing I would really like Vyond to have is closed captioning as this is really important in our organization. I know I can do open captions but that isn't quite what we want.

7 months ago

Thank you for your review, Lisa. We are currently in the building and research phase for closed captioning. Would you like to test it when we have a beta ready? Please feel free to share feedback with us anytime at [email protected]

Alaa M.
Photographer in Egypt
Utilities, Self Employed

Generally speaking Fulfillment with Vyond (previously GoAnimate)

5 8 months ago

Pros:

Timeline controls. Timing and animation control.

Cons:

Better instructional exercises worked in. Simpler Content controls.

7 months ago

Thank you for your review and feedback, Alaa. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected]

Jaclyn hee eun K.
Food & Beverages, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Development Efficiencies

5 8 months ago

Comments: Overall, I am happy with the software. Time savings is the biggest benefit for me and the interface is much less clunky than some other character animator software I have used in the past.

Pros:

Vyond is a super easy tool to learn if you are already used to slide-based development strategies. The interface is similar to other eLearning authoring tools, so the learning curve was not very steep. The character animation options are what set this tool apart from other animation software. TI have found huge time savings using Vyond and my learners and stakeholders agree that the look and feel is modern and "refreshing."

Cons:

The only learning curve I experienced was getting used to how Vyond "continues scenes." There are some moments I have to rework slides because my character doesn't flow from one scene to the next--this is especially true if I need to re-record audio or insert an audio clip replacement. I have also found some limitations with the asset library and the character's outfits and expressions. Would also like to see Vyond continue to add in diversity to the library in more ways than skin color.