Filter by:

• Overall

About Kandji

Kandji is the MDM worthy of your Apple devices. You've chosen Apple and we've designed a device management experience to match.

Learn more about Kandji

Ryan D.
Director of IT
Financial Services, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/04/2020

"Pro Level MDM at a Lower Cost and Administrative Burden"

Pros: Kanji provides pro-level features without the complexity of other solutions. The flexibility they give you by offering robust out of the box functionality as well as the ability to build custom scripts and push out custom applications can't be beaten. They are also pushing out new features at an accelerated rate so it feels like I am adding new rules and apps for my users weekly. For someone that is not as technical when it comes to writing scripts, their support has also been incredibly helpful. They are more than willing to figure out exactly what you are trying to do and provide insight and help so that you can accomplish your goals.

Cons: The only area for improvement I would say is that the UI does not adapt well if you try to log on to the application from a phone.

• Reviewed on 01/04/2020
Byron H.
IT Support Analyst
Insurance, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2020

"Best MDM Tool I have used"

Comments: Our macOS hands-on management time is near zero now on a daily basis. Kandji takes care of things like maintenance (auto restarts every 7 days and forcing OS updates) and the alerts to Slack help us keep up to date on devices.

Pros: Very easy to set up and configure blueprints. Kandji provides a lot more built-in security features than JAMF or others offer which has reduced the time spent by my team and me. Kandji Support is also top-notch and that alone is reason enough to pick Kandji.

Cons: There are definitely some features missing that I used in JAMF, but nothing that Kandji doesn't have a solution for one way or another. They are always willing to do their best when you need to accomplish a task they do not offer by default.

Doug H.
Administrative Supervisor
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2020

"Easy to Use, Powerful Device Management"

Comments: I am in no way an IT professional, but with Kandji that doesn't matter. The options you can use to setup your devices are written plainly for anyone to be able to setup devices to match their needs. If you have a question, you can chat with their team to get it answered. This service really makes device management simple and painless. Before Kandji, I was managing devices using a spreadsheet and manually installing apps and adding printers. Now I can order a phone or computer straight to the office that needs it, and when they plug it in, Kandji knows what to setup to get them going. I've saved a ton of time using it and I know longer have to worry about bricked iPhones upon employee termination, so it really is a must-have.

Pros: The app is elegant in it's design, so much that everything it has to offer is incredibly useful. But If I had to pick one thing to praise the most, it would be the ability set restrictions on software versions. I can make sure all of the devices in our company are running the latest versions of software we use every day. And its easy to setup, too!

Cons: This is difficult for me, because the team behind Kandji really put a lot of thought into their product. There's nothing I've found to be lacking or missing. We do have a few Android and Windows devices that we have to manage separately, and it would be very helpful if Kandji could be a one-stop shop for everyhting; but this isn't in the scope of their service and I knew that going in.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2020
Henry M.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2020

"Kandji - a sensible MDM for a fleet of Mac laptops"

Comments: Kandji has helped simplify our Mac management experience significantly. Previously, we managed Mac set-up by hand, with checklists and regular checkins. It was time-consuming to set up new laptops, and challenging to reliably roll-out changes to settings across the laptop fleet. With Kandji, we no longer have to spend 1-2 hours configuring new laptops to meet our set up specs, and we can be confident that all security policies are set up correctly and enforced in an ongoing way.

Pros: 1) It was very easy to learn how to use Kandji, as an admin. Our team was familiar with Macs as admins, but we had never used an MDM before - and every MDM we read about seemed complex and focused on companies with a big full-time IT staff. When we started with Kandji, we was able to get our first profile running and deployed in less than an hour. It's been very easy to make custom profiles, get connected to Apple business, and roll out across our fleet of Mac laptops. 2) The support has been outstanding. Both by chat and videoconference, all of our questions from the mundane to the obscure have been answered quickly and clearly. Very friendly people, and very committed to getting to the bottom of any issue. For clarity, we have not used Kandji yet for mobile devices or user-owned devices.

Cons: When we launched, there was not a way to enforce installation of certain non-App-store apps (e.g., Chrome, Google File Stream). Kandji has now released a way to ensure those apps are installed, which is helpful. At times, configuration of the blueprints can be confusing. Certain topics are grouped together because that's the way Apple groups them, and it's non-intuitive to more everyday users. Kandji help has always clarified these issues promptly.

Cj R.
IT Manager
Security & Investigations, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2020

"Manage securely with ease"

Comments: Very satisfied with Kandji.

Pros: Easy to use, easy to implement and no conflicts with other already installed software

Cons: Could use more integrations with other products.

• Reviewed on 02/04/2020