15 years helping British businesses

About Zoho Assist

Zoho Assist provides a simple and straight forward user interface to connect to remote computers anywhere on the globe.

Learn more about Zoho Assist

Pros:

Browser integration and Linux support are top features for us. Unattended also is a key feature for us.

Cons:

Two features are missing as of now. Real-time voice chats with client and auto chat transcript mailing to the client at the end of the sesion.

Zoho Assist ratings

4.7
4.6
4.6
4.7

9.1/10

Zoho Assist has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 933 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Zoho Assist before?

Paul
Paul
Director in UK

Great value for money

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Have never had a problem with the service, it's always been available. Customer service are great and always reply quickly.

Pros:

Zoho Assist is very easy to user with a great user interface. Remote sessions are east to setup and great to use.

Cons:

Soemtimes while using the remote support option, some Mac users find it hard to allow the needed permissions for the software to work. A video would be good explaining how to set this up.

Alternatives Considered: ConnectWise ScreenConnect and VNC Connect

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: TeamViewer's cost was too expensive, the purchasing was awkward and their customer was so bad, to the extent that I found them very rude.

Switched From: TeamViewer

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: The cost was amazing when comparing the services offered and the price of competitors.

Tobbie
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Great Product at a great price

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Zoho Assit is a great product with every functionaly we needed

Cons:

Could make domain verification easier to verify.

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer, Splashtop and AnyDesk

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: Teamviewer got to expsensive cost was over what we could afford as a small business

Switched From: TeamViewer

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: Price and features where better with zoho assist over the computation

PAUL
PAUL
Technical Director in South Africa
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

ZOHO Assist is going to be indispensable when it is perfect

Comments: Having only used ZOHO Assist for about 6 months, it is good. It is better than the horrendous prices that you need to pay for TeamViewer, and it integrates better than AnyDesk.

Pros:

I love that ZOHO Assist is part of the ZOHO One suite. This means that we can deploy the client to all of our support tickets. In this it integrates with the rest of ZOHO perfectly like ZOHO Desk and ZOHO CRM. It is really simple and allows us complete control over connections.

Cons:

The recording of the remote support does not work as much as we try. The second when connecting to a server for a client, it seemed like a memory leak was increasing the resource usage after a couple of hours. This meant that we had to restart the server and use AnyDesk rather. Not a great testimonial, but this should be easily fixable.

Alternatives Considered: AnyDesk

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: The pricing was the number 1 problem I had with TeamViewer. The 2nd was the fact that you are always worried about the computer you were connecting to and what version of TeamViewer they were running.

Switched From: TeamViewer

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: The integration with the ZOHO One products was the main contributing factor.

Craig
President in US
Computer Networking, 2–10 Employees

If you want an affordable, dependable Remote Assist platform - use Zoho Assist

Comments: After reading my dislikes you might think that I dislike Zoho Assist. This is not the case. Overall, I must say that I have been pleased with Zoho Assist and plan on keeping it for many years to come.

Pros:

I was an early adopter. I have a grandfathered rate that is very favorable. Zoho has been light on the resources of the end user devices. It has been very dependably available. It has less functionality on Macintosh computers but I am pleased to be able to be able to remotely assist Mac users from the same platform with PC users. It is very helpful that it has an option to remotely view the screens of IOS and Android users too. I like that Zoho has continued to add more features such as remote audio and printing.

Cons:

I have 4 monitors and I dislike that I am unable to move the remote session screen to the monitor of my choosing. When I have multiple remote sessions operating simultaneously, I dislike that the machine name is not visible on each screen session - so I can locate it quickly. I dislike the way the "Choose Monitor" function has to be re-opened in a separate pop up each time. A dropdown showing pictures of all remote monitors simultaneously would be much easier. I believe their Customer Support hours are too short. I feel that Zoho Assist Support should be available 24/7/365 since the service is frequently in use by IT techs during off business hours.

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: While Teamviewer is a Gold Standard remote assistance product, Zoho Assist was more affordable and sufficient for my team's needs

Jordanmicah
Marketing in US
Design, Self Employed

Looking for a budget friendly version of TeamViewer

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

It works and the price are very attractive.

Cons:

It seems like I have to use via browser and I need a while to get used to the mobile app.

Alternatives Considered: LogMeIn Rescue, TeamViewer and AnyDesk

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: They did not have product pricing model that fit my business

Switched From: TeamViewer

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: the trial helped me see if i liked it and the competitive price

ruggero
CEO in Italy
Information Services, 2–10 Employees

USE OF ZOHO

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: WERY GOOD EXPERIENCE - ALL FUNCTIONALITIES ARE GOOD AND HEPLFUL

Pros:

MULTIPLE WAY OF CONNECTIONS THAT ARE POSSIBLE IN ZOHO

Cons:

REPORTS OF ASSITANCES ARE COMPLETE E CAN BE REGISTERED

Rick
Owner in US

Zoho Assist

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: The purchase, ease of installation of the product, and the customer support were superb.

Pros:

The cost, ease of setup, and functionality made all the difference.

Cons:

There was nothing that I have seen yet that I do not like.

Jared
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Absolutely love it

5.0 last month New

Comments: Amazing! I'm so happy I found this product and wish that there was more marketing around it so more people could find it.

Pros:

The price and the features you get like remote starting computers.

Cons:

Sometimes the connection can be a little weird, screen freezes, gray only screen. Nothing too annoying.

Martin
Accountant in UK
Accounting, Self Employed

Zoho Remote Support

5.0 last month New

Comments: very good - happy with it. It's a slick user interface

Pros:

lots of functionality, fast connection and easy to navigate

Cons:

I would want to be able to have me and two customers in the same session but I can only have 1

Attractions Manager in US
Entertainment, 51–200 Employees

Zoho is the best for Unattended Access Needs!

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Unattended Access for one user and up to 25 computers and perfect for what I needed

Cons:

Nothing, everything has been great! I have no complaints.

Benjamin
IT Systems Administrator in US
Gambling & Casinos, 501–1,000 Employees

Really Easy Setup

Comments: We needed something to gain unattended access to our PCs and Servers. It was a really easy setup process and had devices ready to login within minutes. They also have a chat feature which allows you to speak with technical support within minutes.

Pros:

There are so many great features of Zoho Assist. The unattended support feature saves so much time in the troubleshooting process. It is fast and haven't had any issues with performance. I also really like the fact that when you delete a device, the software deletes itself from the device automatically. The setup was really easy and the chat feature in the admin portal, I was able to get technical support within a few minutes the times that I did have questions. I would recommend this to anyone who needs unattended remote access to the network environment.

Cons:

I haven't seen any cons. It is really fast connection and especially convenient that it is unattended remote support so I can login without needing confirmation from the end user, this saves so much time in the troubleshooting process. A suggestion would be add features that would allow the admin to see information without having to log into the PC, such as disk space, memory / CPU usage, last time rebooted.

Alternatives Considered: Zero Threat Advanced

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: They no longer offer their services for free. We have numerous issues with their services when it was free so we weren't going to pay for their services.

Switched From: TeamViewer, ITarian and Zero Threat Advanced

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: We were already using the Zoho Assist, remote assistance and found it really simple and easy. We decided to try the unattended support and it has been a great experience!

Jay
Supreme Lord and Master. in Australia
Construction, Self Employed

Great Product

Comments: I use this software daily to provide remote computer support to individuals and businesses. Since COVID this type of service is in high demand.

Pros:

There are slightly easier to use products on the market but when I looked at pricing they were approximately 3 or 4 times the price $14 odd dollars a month compared to $52 odd dollars a month. Value for money this product wins hands down. As a sole trader incorporating $14 a month into my fees makes me look a whole lot more competitive to my customers than $52.

Cons:

The software sometimes as the customer if the Technician can access their clipboard an excessive amount of times *between 3 and 20 times for one session* - it also asks when you arent even trying to use the clipboard. This can feel obtrusive and unneccessary.

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: Pricing was the main reason I switched from Teamviewer. Teamviewer is a little easier to walk the customer through installing if they are old or not a very good listener and not very observent. Zoho requires them to look at their downloads (Such as the bottom left hand corner of the browser for Chrome users) and some customers dont know what browser they are using, dont know what I mean when I talk about looking in the bottom left hand corner and dont listen when I tell them to click on that. However - having said all of that the price difference makes that a small obstacle compared to teamviewers quite expensive pricing. The reality is spending an extra 5 minutes to ge the remote software working or spending an extra $40 odd dollars a month to make it easy.

Switched From: TeamViewer

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: This question seems to be requesting the same information as the "why did you make the switch" question. Why did you chose Zoho over another product. Why did you switch to Zoho from another product. Same question same answer.

Matthew
IT Administrator in US
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Zoho Assist = Great value, Reliable service, and very customizable

Comments: We primarily use Zoho Assist to provide remote access to company workstations but also use it to provide remote IT support

Pros:

Zoho Assist is the most affordable RDP and remote support platform we have used. The service is extremely reliable and consistent - in a year-and-a-half we've experienced only a couple service outages - which were resolved quickly with the progress communicated to us throughout. Zoho is also constantly adding useful features and improving the quality of their product on a monthly basis. Assist is also very customizable to tailor specifically to business and client needs and can be seamlessly integrated into a vast array of other Zoho or business application products.

Cons:

Because Zoho offers such a wide variety of business solutions the subscription costs, licensing requirements, and configuration administration can be a bit confusing. It can lead to frustration when trying to customize a solution or integrate systems. The live support is very good though, and they always respond to our email inquiries .

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer, AnyDesk and LogMeIn

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: We had a Teamviewer corporate license which was thousands of dollars and limited to 3 concurrent connections. It also left us stuck on a specific platform version with the only way to upgrade or add connections being to spend thousands more dollars.

Switched From: TeamViewer

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: Zoho Assist was the best value and had the best variety of features and scalability options

Alix
Owner in US
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Zoho Assist is the last remotely platform you will ever need…

Comments: I am 100% happy with Zoho Assist. It makes my life easier and my customers life easier. It saves a whole bunch of $$$ a month, and it’s super dependable. Their platform is never down and always consistent. I highly recommend Zoho Assist.

Pros:

My absolute favorite thing about Zoho Assist is how easy it is to use on a computer and on my iPad. My customers don’t struggle to install the software and get support. I love the fact that they have customized rates to accommodate smaller IT companies. I definitely recommend this to everyone I talk to about simple and fast Remote Desktop solutions.

Cons:

Nothing. I’ve been using Zoho Assist for 3 years and I have not found one thing I dislike about this platform!!!

Alternatives Considered: AnyDesk

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: Teamviewer got too expensive to use for a small business.

Switched From: TeamViewer

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: I ultimately chose Zoho because it’s a much easier platform to use and more cost effective.

Ted
IT Deputy Director in US
Telecommunications, 201–500 Employees

Is Zoho Assist

Pros:

The flexibility of licensing for unattended or by support person is what attracted us to the ZohoAssist solution. For liability reasons we have a balance of unattended stations and support person licensing. Company owned remote machines for unattended and support person licensing for non-company machines. This forces the acknowledgement of allowing support in by starting the support session.

Cons:

One item that we find cumbersome is modify station properties like changing the name of the machine in unattended stations. It has to be modified from a different area and is not intuitive. I suggest adding a link in the system properties to allow modifying the system name.

Alternatives Considered: GoTo Meeting

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: LogMeIn forced a premium suite that was not needed and hiked the price up by double.

Switched From: LogMeIn Pro

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: Previous history with ManageEngine products like Desktop Central. Also because it is a cost effective solution.

Lance
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Best intermediate software

Comments: MSP using Zoho for customers who don't need full managed services. T and M customers

Pros:

Remote access on any machine relatively easy to use. Pricing was in line with other tiered remote access platforms and much cheaper than previous models

Cons:

The loading process can be challenging compared to upper tiered softwares but the pricing and use have made Zoho our choice. The new pop ups during silent install were challenging versus previous installation methods but was worked out.

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer, SolarWinds Service Desk, Kaseya VSA and AnyDesk

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: Pricing and Zoho is a better product

Switched From: GoTo Meeting

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: Pricing and functionality were better with Zoho

CIO CSO in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Zoho Assist just works at an unbeatable price!!!!

Pros:

Easy to use, install, and reliable. No training is necessary. Support is superb and more features are added constantly.

Cons:

I want to be able to monitor more through the unattended agent. Currently, some monitoring is available, but it's not enough.

shaye
Warehousing, 11–50 Employees

Simple interface, works as it supposed to

Pros:

I have used other remote support software to be able to login and assist my team with computer issues or to see real time what is going on with an issue my team is working on. Zoho Assist is simple and straight forward and has the tools needed for me to assist and resolve issues that have come up. from pricing to support Zoho has been a favorite of the company for many years.

Cons:

Not much about Zoho assist that we do not like. Sometimes the login can be a hassle because of user error but otherwise it works as advertised.

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer and LogMeIn

Switched From: TeamViewer

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: Straightforward software, pricing and support

Jordan
Managing Director in UK
Media Production, 11–50 Employees

Great product

Pros:

It allows easy access to remote computers within our business.

Cons:

Sometimes it does connect very slowly to the computers

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: The cost at TeamViewer was too high

Switched From: TeamViewer

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: The cost and integration with other Zoho products

Charlie
Product Development Manager in UK
Events Services, 11–50 Employees

Brilliant remote access system

Comments: This is such a brilliant, cost effective tool that requires little to no setup and has given us the ability to resell a really fantastic experience to our customers.

Pros:

This system is great for large or small deployments. We primarily use this tool for granting our end clients remote access to our Samsung devices for remote contributor filming. We work with some very large production houses and this is the preferred system for this particular type of activity.

Cons:

It would be amazing to be able to brand the end user access page more, but this would be a nice to have and doesn't really affect our use case.

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer, LogMeIn Pro and ISL Light

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: We were already aware of the product as we moved other business systems over to Zoho One.

Switched From: TeamViewer

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: Cost, Brandability and ease of use.

Keith
Finance & Operations in UK
Civic & Social Organization, 11–50 Employees

Finance & Operations Lead

Comments: As a charity, we needed a system that is also keenly priced and Zoho assist fulfilled all the requisites. We continue to use and expand our virtual services in and around the country by overcoming geographical restrictions by using 4/5G networks and technology, and this platform has enabled us to achieve this.

Pros:

We needed a remote computer access system that is simple and easy use for non-IT staff, but with versatile administrative functions.

Cons:

We 've been using the software for a number of month's and we've yet to receive any negative feedback form our staff. So all's good.!

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer, LiteManager and AnyDesk

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: Price point, ease of use for non-IT staff, and for an administrator I found the deployment, diagnostic, security tools effective and helpful, and the dashboard easy to view, and the overall platform stable.

Darshan
President in US
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Great remote access / remote support software

Pros:

The ease of use and ease of set up definitely made it the best option - no lag between connections and a stable connection every single time, even when using with weak wifi / data connections. The mobile app makes it simple to use, as well as the versatility of the iPhone, iPad, Android (phone and tablet) and PC / Mac apps is phenomenal and the app gets regular updates to address any bugs / introduce new features and stability.

Cons:

The file sharing could be improved - i.e. not needing to log into the remote PC to initiate the file transfer.

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer, Splashtop and Citrix Workspace

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: Pricing and support as well as ease of ue

Switched From: TeamViewer and GoTo Meeting

James
Senior Technician in US

Review

Comments: Positive.

Pros:

Features, price, and ease of use. When comparing these three key features Zoho came out on top.

Cons:

Some functions take a little while to learn. Interface is much better than it used to be.

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer and LogMeIn

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: Cost

Switched From: LogMeIn

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: Cost and functionality

Al
IT Manager in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51–200 Employees

Zoho Assist is straightforward and reliable. User and admin friendly as well.

Comments: Overall, Zoho Assist has worked great for myself and my support team.

Pros:

Zoho Assist is fast, responsive and reliable. I've had no issues remoting into my customers computers - even those with 4 monitors.

Cons:

I wish unattended access was included with this software.

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer, Splashtop and AnyDesk

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: Teamviewer got too pricey in comparison.

Switched From: TeamViewer

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: Seemed more stable and reliable.

Omer
Owner in Canada
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed

My Review of ZohoAssit

Comments: Seeing the problem is often the fastest and easiest way to find solutions. By offer the tools such as dual screen view, Ctrl Alt Del, and a easy method to get client to give access ti remote assist make my job easier and permits me to make more revenue to pay for it. Hopeful clients will appreciate this long distance tech experience.

Pros:

I am a computer/network troubleshooter. My job is to effectively diagnose problems in a minimal time frame. Offering tools such as reboot in safe mode, shutdown and lock screen, cmd prompt, control panel, computer management, device manger and event viewer save me time. I also look in reducing my cost and using software that is more affordable, so I can offer the client a better service for the cost.

Cons:

I dislike the reduction services when I may need in Unattended access. I am wiling to pay for the professional version at extra cost but I sometime rely on the unattended for a nagging problem. I do not require 25 license, but maybe 5 with full professional functionality.

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: Cost and quick tools.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: Cost