Wondershare Edraw MindMaster Reviews

by EDrawSoft

• Overall
    4.3/5

About Wondershare Edraw MindMaster

A Free Mind Map Software for Mac, Windows and Linux with Rich built-in Resources and Features.

Learn more about Wondershare Edraw MindMaster

Max S.
Entrepreneur
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2020

"Best mind map tool on the market!"

Comments: Think of MindMaster as Excel meets XMind. Sounds good? Well, this is what it is. MindMaster is a powerful mind map tool that has infinite features from various templates at hand, page styling, and endless customization choices. It has it all. Oh, and it equipped with a dark mode option. I think we have a winner here. Can't praise MindMaster enough. Best mind map tool on the market, hands down! I was working with the Free version and now I'm about to upgrade to the Pro edition. Outstanding job, guys! Keep it up and don't stop innovating.

Pros: - Endless customization

Terence M.
Software Developer
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2020

"Great cross-platform mind mapping tool"

Comments: Using MindMaster has made design and flow sessions go a lot smoother than previous solutions; it's also a lot easier to share and collaborate with others as well. We're using it for designing workflows and other project design features, tracking progress through projects and tracking meeting minutes as well, plus other things I'm likely forgetting at the moment.

Pros: This is a very easy to use mind mapping tool that's quite capable in regards to the different mind map layouts that are available and the visual customization options. We previously used different mind mapping software and we were able to jump into MindMaster with a minimum of fuss. One of the major selling points for us is cross platform (Windows, MacOS and Linux, Android and iOS) as well as having access via the Web to allow access even on machines with no direct install. The included cloud storage and collaboration makes working brainstorming, design sessions and meeting minutes easier to conduct as well.

Cons: Occasionally while using the web version of the application, the title bar of the application seems to get stuck on "Saving" as if it is trying and failing to save the file, but regardless of this the save is actually happening properly. In addition, although the app is cross platform it seems as though some versions of it are slightly out of sync with others; for example a file edited in the web version generates a warning about being a newer file format when loaded in Linux. Neither of these are show stoppers (things still work regardless), but they do showcase some areas where a little bit more polish would go a long way.

Amir B.
Disposition Manager
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"Has the poetential to be the # 1"

Comments: They have good customer service, good interface but horrible syncing capabilities. If they ever fix this bug I'm willing to give them another chance until then I'll have to find some one else.

Pros: It had a lot of great options, from different formats of mindmaps. Themes were pleasing to look at. Good Customer service.

Cons: The personal cloud doesn't work well when you use multiple devices. Used the API integration with Google Drive and Dropbox. Spent hours on a project only to find out the next time I opened it nothing was saved. This happened multiple times.

Aniruddha G.
Free Lancer
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"Edraw MindMaster is a BIG BLESSING for my online course creation!"

Comments: I am using it for my online Webinars to sell my online courses.
I am using it to create my online courses
I am using it to create my Online workbooks
The experience is just Amazing ....

Pros: Pros:
1. I must say this is the easiest to use MindMap software I have ever used.
2. The colour, design, shapes are just charm to use.
3. I use it for my live Webinar to sell my online products
4. I use it for my weekly Mastermind groups online.
5. My students love the way each topic unfolds in front of them.
6. The cloud storage is so useful that I can access my MindMaps anytime from any device.

Cons: Haven't seen any Cons yet.... just loving it.

Mj F.
PMO Director
Information Services, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/05/2020

"Edraw MindMaster"

Pros: Edraw MindMaster is easy to use and I love it that they constantly improve the product. The learning curve is virtually zero. Although I use the paid version, the free version is great which means I can share the mindmaps widely. Best value for money! The Slideshow feature is great, helping to create quick slideshows with a push of a button!

Cons: There is nothing I don't like about this software. It will be great if one can import more file formats from other mindmapping software packages, but this is a minor feature.

• Reviewed on 13/05/2020
Alessio S.
Rag
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"Mind Mapping on every device"

Comments: Explain concept, organize Lessons, meeting report.

Pros: The most important feature is the software is the availability on different platforms

Cons: I would like to a spreadsheet object or integration with Microsoft Excel

Senthil anand S.
Senior Managing Consultant
Information Technology & Services, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2020

"Best software to capture unstructured thoughts"

Comments: Compared to the traditional approach, this tool helped us to adopt mind mapping concepts to document our solutions in a much more natural and innovative way. Thank you.

Pros: We were able to use this software to capture various functional and technical artifacts, ease of use from jr to sr level team members. The deliverables are well received and appreciated by my clients. It helped us to be successful. Love the predefined templates, ability to restructure with few clicks, helped capture production quality artifacts quickly, and maintain it with ease in the longer run. This tool helps to realize the mind mapping with ease compared to other products in the market. It helps to overcome divided attention and inattentional blindness issues. License cost is affordable as well.

Cons: There are good amount of templates, would like to see lot more. Support for structured templates would be nice. Export into Office format can be improved further.

Simona A.
Computer Software, Self Employed

"Great cross-platform tool"

Pros: Cross-platform, stand-alone and easy-to-use desktop application with an affordable license for individual users. Integrates with google docs, dropbox and Edraw cloud (for teams).

Cons: On linux with dark themes (e.g KDE with Breeze theme) most of the texts are not visible. Contacted support about it but it was not addressed until now.

Jotta M.
E-Learning, 13-50 Employees

"High Quality Software"

Comments: I use MindMaster for many things: To organize structures of courses, books, curriculum, presentation and so on. I can insert all the info and content and have them altogether under my eyes. It saves me a lots of time and energy.

Pros: Honestly, this is the most gratifying investment I have done this year. MindMaster is practically complete. Plenty of util features. The feature I love most is the so many options to add info to the topics and subtopics. You don't need any external storage for files, articles, notes and etc. You can easily add clipart, pictures, summaries and so on. And about the slideshow creation? Simply amazing.

Cons: To be perfect, Edraw must solve a particular limitation of the software. Currently, the topics and subtopics are not freely movable around as other similar softwares. Also, the spacing between the topic groups is standard. There is no way to adjust the spacing as the user wants. That is all!

Rick F.
Educator
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2020

"Best and Friendliest Mind Mapping Software"

Pros: The variety of the types of diagrams that can be so easily created make it easy to teach my students

Cons: I don't really know what I would add except in the future maybe some AI enhancements

• Reviewed on 15/05/2020
Chee kwang T.
Consultant
Printing, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2020

"Capturing Thoughts"

Comments: I mind-map when studying the Bible. I started with using an induction method in my studies and find that I need to put my visuals down on paper, which I have been doing for a long time. Now I find myself using Mindmaster as a tool and a companion to both Microsoft Word and Olive Tree Study Bible software. I am almost getting that lifetime license soon.

Pros: I have used mind-mapping software since early 2018 and much much earlier still with hand-drawn maps on good old paper. I started back then with the more popular brand with a lot more reviews and higher ratings, which I was on annual subscription for. It worked well with that software and I learnt 3 things that are important for me - effectiveness of the tool and connecting lines. This is where Mindmaster works better for me as compared with what I was using until now - 1/I find myself being drawn to Mindmaster's client software and yet at the same time, I can store my maps in the cloud; 2/Connecting lines are very important to me as it helps me connect my thoughts and with the ability to change the properties of the lines helps me define how the connection patterns and 3/being able to review my maps on my Android phone helps so much with continuity with my thoughts.

Cons: Perhaps I am still on the trial version because the technical support although did auto reply to my query, had no follow up on the matter.

• Reviewed on 22/06/2020
Menghan S.
Consultant
Management Consulting, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"Better to have shortcut"

Comments: I really like it. I use it for work, and also for some private creation activities.
Actually at first I had some trouble with login by Gmail. I got response soon from your crew , and I had a very good experience on the after service.

Pros: I can export the mind map to excel and ppt, and can share with people who don’t use Mind Master.
I can use Mind Master to create WBS easily.
And I can open the files from all kinds of my devices.

Cons: It will be better if there are shortcut key to improve the efficiency.

Daniel R.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed

"The best"

Comments: I've been using others before, but my experience was bad! Mind Master is easy, fast, and cheaper. I'm glad I found it.

Pros: It is very easy to use and faster than similar products.

Cons: I like everything, maybe it should add a few more view options, but that is ok so far.

Charles M.
Computer & Network Security, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"Powerful tool for brainstorming and fleshing out ideas"

Comments: My experience has been fantastic and I continue to expand my uses of the tool. Originally it was just for brainstorming, but recently I have used it for data visualization as well

Pros: The simplicity of using a tool with so much power. The learning curve is small and quite honestly only takes a few minutes.

Cons: Honestly, I wish it had more import capabilities. I would love it if I could feed it a simple JSON (leveraging their own dictionary/format) file rather than having to reverse engineer the file format for one of the few supported import filters

Elke A.
Coach
Human Resources, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2020

"MindMaster - Real alternative to other tools"

Comments: MindMaster is a great brainstorming program in a concept phase. It's not free, but I think it's worth every penny. I prefer to use it as XMind.
However, there is one point that annoys me a little. Once I logged in after registration, I would have expected that login to remain permanent. However, I had to find out that I have to register regularly to use all options. Maybe it is possible to change this?

Pros: a lot of optical design options and unusual graphics

Cons: I have to register regularly to use all options

Anthony R.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"Best Mind Mapping Tool for Collaboration "

Pros: For our company, the most important feature was the ability to work on a map collaboratively. We couldn't find any other software that allowed us to work in real-time. Also, having a desktop app version and an online version over the web was very useful as well. It fulfilled all our needs for mind mapping.

Cons: There was no difficulty with integrating it into our current workflow because it was all pretty self-explanatory. However, one of the improvements I would suggest would be to troubleshoot a lot of different scenarios for collaborative work. Sometimes something someone did wouldn't show up without refreshing the page and other times, the spacing of items would be off. But it still worked just fine.

Kuldip M.
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/04/2019

"Excellent program"

Comments: Unlimited scope for creative minds. Serving the purpose. Strong tool for expressing the mind.I found it excellent. I am using in variety of purposes and Edraw MindMaster is making our task easy. Due to Edraw MindMaster's illustrations and freedom we are able to convey our mind more constructively. We use less words and more MindMaster. Due to Edraw MindMaster our mind has become more expressive.

Pros: Easy 2 use
EYE-CATCHING illustrations.

Cons: Nothing.
It has enough freedom to express mind.

• Reviewed on 03/04/2019
Arpad M.
Managing Director
Printing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"Easy to use app for quick results"

Comments: Using MindMaster is really easy and does not get in the way of working efficiently - either used for brainstorming or discussion of options, or overview of project proposals. There are many ways how it contributes to our team work and personal planning and ideation.

Pros: It was easy to learn the app and to create my maps easily from the get-go. Intuitive keyboard mapping makes for quick results without touching the mouse. Available themes are great and formatting is straightforward - everything with a click of the mouse.

Cons: Drag and drop sometimes works counterintuitively, and the content of some fields disappear when I start editing another field.

Andrew P.
Penetration Tester
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"Finally, my search is over!"

Comments: I have used many different mind mapping tools and Mond Master is by far the best I have used. I am very pleased.

Pros: I especially appreciate that Mind Master is cross platform. It is very intuitive and easy to use. The cloud storage is perfect for my needs.

Cons: Custom themes were a bit confusing at first, but it didn't take long to figure them out.

Andres G.
Lawyer
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees

"Powerful tool"

Comments: Organization of legal problems and procedures

Pros: It has all the capacity of more expensive programmes. Helps organize ideas and factual issues. New capabilities discovered with every new use.

Cons: The mobile app still has some deficiencies on an ipad

Program Director
Music, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/03/2020

"Amazing FREE Mind Mapping tool"

Comments: I use MindMaster for mapping mostly my funnels and the marketing strategy I use for my business or for organising material for creating new courses.

Pros: The free version of Edraw MindMaster can be easily considered as an all-in-one solution for mind maps. Even the free version provides only 4 types of mind maps (radial, right, tree and org-chart), it can be proved that is all you need, covering a plethora of applications.

Cons: I really can't find something I don't like about MindMaster. I wish they had the Winding Timeline template open to the free version as well, but this is something completely personal and according to my needs. There is a ton of things you can do with the standard templates though that can cover a ton of applications.

• Reviewed on 25/03/2020
Aselia U.
Associate Academic Professional
Education Management, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/06/2020

"Have Trouble Keeping Track of All Your Projects?"

Comments: Very positive, helped organize my thinking, workflows, and while having fun!

Pros: Clean look, ease of use, intuitive interface, cool templates.

Cons: Lack of integration with calendar, tasks manager apps.

• Reviewed on 12/06/2020
Guillermo S.
Business Partner
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"Good relationship between price and performance"

Comments: The experience is very good.

Pros: It is complete, easy to use, similar to MindManager, but very cheaper

Cons: When exporting map archives into Word or Excel, the format is very bad. You must work A LOT to configure the new file

Emily M.
Attorney
Legal Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"Great for mapping complex data"

Comments: It's been great. Originally we signed up for a year but then bought the lifetime subscription because we used it so much.

Pros: The ability to move data around to see how it looks in different formats and to copy maps to create unique views. Plus the ability to create the maps is really simple leaving more time to developing content.

Cons: Moving the boxes around or having standalone pieces can be tough to maneuver

Jonathan N.
Head of Innovation
Legal Services, 201-500 Employees

"Great tool!"

Comments: I like a lot, is good to create mindmaps and flows to work and to study too.

Pros: User friendly, you can share with other co-workers and a lot of features.

Cons: The sync between the webtool and app doesn't work.