15 years helping British businesses

Bing Visual Search Reviews

About Bing Visual Search

Bing Visual Search is an image recognition software that enables users to search the web by uploading or capturing a photo.

Learn more about Bing Visual Search

Pros:

Cons:

Jumping to the skills section leaves the main site behind and there were no links to the homepage.

Bing Visual Search ratings

4.5
4.2
4.2
4.5

7.8/10

Bing Visual Search has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars based on 218 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Bing Visual Search before?

Jonathan
Jonathan
Student in US
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

It's ok to Bing it sometimes.

Comments: I use bing when I need a video search done or when I am scanning the news and it has been a very convenient experience for me.

Pros:

In the end many people will question why use Bing search mostly because of Google's dominance. The major advantage you have is the visual elements bing uses to bring context to the search. If I want to find a documentary, a picture will be added to add the proper context. Believe it or not bing search is a way better place to find videos on a search engine. Also bing gives you reward points for searching, while prizes vary on your interest I imagine a 5 dollar gift card for something for a weeks worth of search is not a bad deal.

Cons:

Overall google is still a better search engine when it comes to information that is more obscure. There is tons of legitimate information on the "backapages" of the internet that Google allows you to get to if you know where to look that bing does not have. If you image search Pluto, you might get higher quality pictures but you might get more planets on google then bing. You have to more specific with what you search on bing.

Haocheng
Haocheng
Senior Programming Tutor in UK
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

Bing Visual Search Review

Comments: I had an overall positive experience with Bing Visual Search and it has helped me in gardening and travelling. Using Bing allows me to write more accurate reviews and grow more beautiful flowers.

Pros:

I like how Bing Visual Search could help locate landmarks and identify different flower species.

Cons:

Bing Visual search can't identify snapshots from movies.

Juan Carlos
At in Mexico
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Using Bing

Comments: The experience with the interaction is pleasant but the constant interruptions of ads makes it annoying.

Pros:

What I like most about using bing is the interconnection it makes in your searches, since it relates you immediately with the topics you request in your searches.

Cons:

The unpleasant thing is the constant interruption of commercials or annoying announcements.

Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Bing Visual Search

Pros:

The idea of visual search is amazing and I think it helps to get valid results faster in no time!

Cons:

The functionality is still a lot to improve, but nothing to blame as of now.

Steve
Steve
User Experience Lead in US
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees

It's an interesting idea, with lots of room to grow

Comments: When doing research to make sure a stock image (usually from Adobe or Corbis) isn't being used by competitors in a similar spread or campaign, this is a simple way to check for public-facing sites using the same image, with a high-degree of confidence in the results. Its false-positive rate is pretty low, and usually is better than Google Image Search at darker images. The biggest hurdle is that many people still don't think of Bing as a place to search, and default to Google. As the service is free, the price can't be beat.

Pros:

Searching with an image using Bing is (as of this writing) much easier than Google or TinyEye. Simply clicking on the camera in the search bar on the bing.com homepage is all that's required to start the process.

Cons:

I do no understand why there is an option to take a photo. If I'm trying to search for an image, it would not be of one I have just taken. I can't understand why this feature exists.

Ayesha
Ayesha
Substitute Teacher in US
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Review of Bing Visual Search

Comments: A major benefit of Bing Visual Search is that it is easy and simple to use. I highly recommend using it! It has valuable filtering options for you to find your images and streamline your experience.

Pros:

What I liked most about Bing Visual Search is that it is easy to use and comes with almost the same features as Google Search. Additionally, it connects with Microsoft Rewards, so with every search you make, you receive points towards an incentive.

Cons:

What I liked least about Bing Visual Search is that it does not always show the best images. I have compared it with Google Images by searching for the same picture and ended up finding better, more relevant ones on Google Images.

Gourav N
Gourav N
Self-Employed in India
Broadcast Media, Self Employed

" Searching is very Fun "

Comments: I really enjoy using Bing Visual Search as it does not have unnecessary pop-ups when searching which make the result fast and accurate.

Pros:

1) The search engine is very fast and reliable. 2) It is very secure and results are provided accurately. 3) On the homepage have all important grossing news which is very useful.

Cons:

1) Downloading using Bing is a bit tricky as the speed does not come very fast on downloading but speed is fast only at the time of uploading.

Manger in Uganda
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Searching

Comments: Bing visual search is recommended for use because it's excellent.

Pros:

Bing visual search has chat gpt for searching information and also gives reward points.

Cons:

Bing search is one of the best softwares hence has on complaints.

Hedvika
Translator in Czechia
Translation & Localization, 2–10 Employees

Bing search review

Comments: Since I have installed Bing Visual Search, my daily searches became much faster and it makes my work easier and helps me to soend my time. The features are on a very high level and offer a personalized experience. It just feels like Bing gets me and what I need.

Pros:

Bing Visual Search is very easy to use and offers features that are on a high level. Everytime i use Bing search, it understands my needs and plans and helps me to spend less time on my regular searches.

Cons:

There is nothing that i can complain about. I simply love Bing Visual Search

Rotich
Rotich
Accountant in Kenya
Higher Education, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A Reliable Search Engine

Comments: It is super fast when searching for different products from the internet.

Pros:

I like its simplicity. It is easy to use and works well like any other search engine available in the market. It helps me to search for everything I need from the internet. It works well with any browser. The search is fast with hundreds of results.

Cons:

It has low quality images compared to Google.

Damon
Blogger in US
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

My review of Bing visual search

Comments: As far as what I use it for (image search in private browsing) it’s wonderful. It’s like your tool chest. Every tool has a specific purpose. Early isn’t a tool that does everything. Bing has its uses so be aware of that and you’ll be very happy with it.

Pros:

I think the image search in private browser are my two favorite things because I pull up images a lot for research and the private browser is nice because it doesn’t carry over that information into your Amazon account and give away what you were shopping for for a spouse or relative.

Cons:

It’s not my every day browser, but it certainly has. It uses like the ability to catalog and categorize your searches I just like the organization of Safari and Google chrome a little better.

Joe
Consultant in UK
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed

A new way to search fit for the 21st century

Comments: I often commission articles from writers around the world and request that they send images to accompany their writing. To check that writers have not plagiarized images and just taken them from other websites, I use Bing Visual Search to track exactly where the images appear on the web.

Pros:

When I am traveling to research for articles that I am writing, I find it useful to be able to open the Bing Visual Search software and snap a shot of a landmark and quickly find more information about it. What is even better is that I can find items online to purchase based on the photos that I search with. This saves me time and effort.

Cons:

The only issue I have is relevant to any searches via Bing, specifically that it is not Google and thus the search results are limited in comparison to those via Google.

Guadalupe
Associate Financial Analylst in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Bing Visual Search is almost as cool as Google!

Comments: My overall experience was a little over average on this software

Pros:

What I like most about this search engine is that you can use it similar to google, the search engine lets you search for maps, and basically anything you need

Cons:

What I liked least is that you cannot talk to it like you can do to google, you need to switch to the internet page everytime you need to research something else.

Jessica
Adjunct Professor in US
Higher Education, 501–1,000 Employees

Fairly relevant results, slow on Firefox

Pros:

Visual search results through Bing are fairly relevant with minimal outliers. Results are quick and easily filtered for further relevance.

Cons:

Visual search works well through most browsers but is buggy through Firefox and mobile Safari. Through these browsers, the results lag and even freeze.

Angela
homemaker in US
Hospitality, Self Employed

Bing Visual Search

Comments: My experience is positive. I receive the results i'm looking for.

Pros:

What I love about using the Bing Visual Search software is first I am a Bing rewards member. I use Bing to earn Microsoft rewards each day. Visual Search is included so I can search images I have already saved on my computer and earn rewards on those wallpapers recipes or other things. Now if you don't use Microsoft rewards, you can still find Bing visual Search very helpful to find information about images. I am going to give an example of dating sites. You want to know if the picture is fake on a profile, so you search that image and it will show you where this image is posted at if it was taken from the internet and used and that way you can weed out fake profiles! Another good thing you can search for recipes. You see a photo of this delicious cake but there's no recipe attached to it. So search the image with Bing to find that recipe on the internet! There are so many positive ways to use a Visual Search engine. Microsoft has done this right.

Cons:

I would say that platform could look more appealing. The UI is more of a plain text and could use its own page that's nicely interfaced out with colors or bold text to make it stand out to the users. It is very plain Jane right now.

Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Bing - my go to search engine

Comments: The Artificial intelligence makes is spot on and hence my search results are really close to what I was looking for.

Pros:

I liked how precise and quick Bing is as a search engine.

Cons:

The Artificial intelligence can be improved to match my search

Leslie
Referral clerk in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

It is easy to use

Comments: My experience is every positive easy to use and understand

Pros:

When you type in what you are looking for it give you a wide range on that topic in which you are looking for

Cons:

There is nothing I do I don’t like least about this softeware

Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

I LOVE THIS SEARCH ENGINE

Pros:

I love Bing lol from the moment you land on the website you feel you will find exactly whatyou are looking for.

Cons:

I have nothing i like least about BING its basically everything to me!

Dana
Dana
RISC associate in US
Insurance, 501–1,000 Employees

Bing

Comments: Love it, very simple, very user friendly. Easy to use even for the novice.

Pros:

This is my go to search, love the interface, the set up and ease of use. Use this daily and am ver satisfied with this.

Cons:

Nothing in my opinion. I love bing, use it at home also. I feel like sometimes the search options could use more predictive text.

Sissie
Caretaker in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, Self Employed

Bing visual search

Pros:

Very easy to use and fast search results

Cons:

No features are missing I can't say I have no complaints

Ryan
Communications Manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,000+ Employees

Great tool for image searches

Comments: I use it to find information about images or to find similar images to the original and have been very happy with the results so far.

Pros:

I enjoy being able to search for images or more information about images without actually knowing anything about a particular image. All I have to do is use the image itself to search for similar ones.

Cons:

Sometimes instead of actually finding anything relevant about an image, the search will just bring up more copies of the image of itself with no info.

Internet, Self Employed

Bing visual search | picture search engine that works well

Comments: This visual search engine is one of the best out there me and my friends have been using it a learn about a lot of things I'm sure it would also work out if you can try it.

Pros:

What I love most about this app is that when ever I see something strange I mean something I don't even know what it's called if I can just take my time to take a picture of this thing this visual search engine would tell me everything about this thing I uploaded it's a good software indeed It makes me fall in love 😍 with bing search engine

Cons:

I can't really say this is what I don't like about this software because they have helped me in learning more about things I don't know But if I take one screenshot on my phone I sometimes don't get a matched result to them.

Alex
Alex
Video Editor in US
Broadcast Media, Self Employed

Great, fun search engine

Comments: Overall I've had a very positive experience with Bing!

Pros:

I've always really like the Bing search engine. They make it very easy to to apply filters for what I am looking for so I can find the exact matches I'm in search of.

Cons:

There are not a lot cons for this software in the way that I use it. I mostly use it to search for all kinds of pictures and videos, and it does a very solid job at that.

Danny
Account Executive Spanish Interpreter in US
Translation & Localization, 11–50 Employees

Almost perfect

Comments: great so far but with a couple of hiccups. I use it to find medical products my clients in Honduras need for their hospital.

Pros:

I loved the ability to just take a pic off my phone or an email snd being able to find out what it was and where to buy it.

Cons:

It isn't perfevt yet some items were unfindable or identifiable though it might have been due to low quality images.

Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Bing Visual Search

Comments: Bing is good at what it does, however it could certainly use a facelift.

Pros:

Bing Visual Search is good at what it does, it finds the images that I am looking for. Bing is free to use and on the home page it provides all of the important news.

Cons:

The features, functionality and over-all look is a bit clunky and sometimes it can be slow to load.