Marketing Automation Professional Reviews

• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.8 /5

About Marketing Automation Professional

Higher Logic's Marketing Automation Professional (powered by Informz) helps you attract and retain members efficiently and effectively.

Learn more about Marketing Automation Professional

Elizabeth A.
Staff Vice President, Marketing
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/11/2018

"Like hiring an extra staff member...or two"

Pros: It can do so much if you know what to do with it. The automation can be like having extra staff, and the targeting abilities, especially when tied to your database, are a huge path to success.

Cons: Some of the modules are a little slow right now as they go through a transition, but the communication on the work that's being done to fix it has been great. Very transparent.

Office Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2018

"Informz is the only way to send out marketing emails!"

Pros: Informz makes it so easy to send marketing emails. It talks directly to our IMIS database which makes it so easy to pick who the email goes to. Informz came out with Mailings 2.0 which has made sending emails SO much easier now that you don't have to use only HTML. Their customer service is amazing- I have called them hundreds of times minutes before an email needed to go out and they quickly helped fix the problem.

Cons: The original mailings is very confusing if you aren't an HTML pro. It takes forever to build the template and can take some getting used to- luckily they now over mailings 2.0 which solved this problem.

• Reviewed on 07/05/2018
Inda O.
Publications and Fulfillment Manager

"I <3 Informz"

Comments: Our organization partnered with Informz and really started to utilize its features around the same time I entered my position. Informz made the daunting task of creating blast emails and e-newsletters one of the most enjoyable parts of my job. Our organization has moved other features like surveys and online voting to Informz as well, and we're very pleased with the results. The customer support is incredible and Sherilyn always gets back to us so quickly which really makes Informz easy to use.

Pros: It's so easy to send or re-send email campaigns based on the interaction a specific email has had with a subscriber, which allows a more personalize experience for our members.

Cons: Instead of needing to know the code to create an interesting template, I wish there were pre-coded items you could drop into your template and move around. I get a bit bogged down in code sometimes, but the new free templates are great (although it's a bit of work to customize them to our needs).

Adrian B.
I/T Support
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2016

"If you're on iMIS, you can't go wrong with Informz"

Comments: Informz has worked well for ASUG over the past few years. The ability to have direct integration with our local database helps us ensure our email campaigns are relevant at the moment of send. The availability of support staff has been outstanding as help, support, or advice is a mere phone call away with rapid response. We look forward to a continued relationship with Informz in the years to come.

Pros: ease of integration with iMIS

Cons: the interface is early 2000-ish
some areas could be more user-friendly (e.g. hitting a tab key on a form takes cursor to next field)

Ben D.
Director of Web Operations
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2017

"Top Notch Customer Service and Awesome product"

Comments: I've been using Informz for about 3+ years now and myself and all my internal users love how easy it is to create and send out emails. I use Informz at least twice a week for a bi-weekly newsletter that is sent out to our members. From setting up new responsive templates, to sending them out optimized over a 24 hour period, sending them when the user historically opens the emails, is easy to do and awesome! Informz customer service is by far the best I've dealt with. Instant responses from real people and a very helpful knowledge base. Informz does webinars from users that use Informz that are detailed and helpful. They offer a yearly conference that I haven't attended yet, but plan to do so in the future as I've heard its very informative. Over 3 years ago, I moved our email away from 2 other services and combined them all into Informz and haven't looked back since. Thank you Informz and keep up the great work!

Pros: Ease of use

Jill R.

"Excellent product mix"

Comments: Informz continues to enhance its product offerings, allowing me to work more efficiently and effectively. Their support staff is top-notch and their on-going assistance has helped me identify ways to improve our use of the Informz platform. Since it syncs with our iMIS database, we're able to save time and reduce errors in building our target groups, making sure we're communicating the right message to the right people. I also like the flexibility in knowing we can easily connect surveys, event registrations, invoicing, voting and more without having to use multiple platforms.

Heather P.
Administrator
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees

"Informz Functionality Review"

Comments: The Informz email marketing tool is perfect for sending out emails to our members who want to keep in touch. I can be used for reminders for events and as well as voting. It has exactly what our organization needs to keep in touch. The best feature is the open and click tracking and the customer service is one to beat.

Pros: It is really user friendly

Cons: I wish you could have more than 1 send to list

Nicole S.
Communications Specialist
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2016

"Great tool for communicating with organization membership!"

Comments: Informz has been an invaluable tool to our organization. It allows us to quickly and easily communicate with our membership about news and events. Its features are comprehensive and integrate with our membership database.

Pros: Ease of use and diverse set of tools.

Cons: Subscriber functionality is a little harder to use.

Amy L.
Chief Innovation Officer
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2016

"Excellent Mailing and Event Registration Tool"

Comments: We use Informz to send out emails to our client base as well as event registration. The system is easy to learn and use, and we make good use of the metrics to continually make our emails perform even better.

Pros: Easy of use and reporting

Cons: Would like to be able to send out emails for group editing within the event registration system like we can in the email system.

Brian A.
Deputy Executive Director
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2017

"Impressed with Nick at Informz"

Comments: The system is a little tough to transition to from a more basic platform like Constant Contact. Nick was great in helping me understand the system and functionality.

Pros: Campaign management, reporting, design capabilities

Cons: A little slow when going back and forth through different sections

Tom S.
Marketing and Communications Leader
Food Production, 11-50 Employees

"Very powerful tool"

Comments: Informz has a lot of great features and they offer a variety of training options. My advisers have been very helpful.

Pros: Lots of tracking, A/B testing and other features

Cons: Our price goes up every time we order a block

Michael K.
Communication and Marketing Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2017

"A sophisticated email system provides lots of new opportunities"

Comments: We adopted Informz because we wanted an email distribution system that would work seamlessly with our iMIS membership and events system. We wanted a system that would allow us to communicate with our members while ensuring that membership records were kept up-to-date at all times. The Informz system has allowed us to make our email communications look more professional and relevant to our members' needs. The ability to include a 'summary' in the body of the email but 'hide' all the detail in another location means that our communications are more concise, ensuring we communicate only the key points to our audiences. Informz has so much potential, and while we are still on a steep learning curve, dedicated online support means an answer is only a short email away. Keep up the good work Informz.

Pros: The stories and the ability to put the detail elsewhere.

Cons: The Knowledge database doesn't exactly reflect the menu options. Try searching 'Page Templates', which is a menu option. And the text in the knowledge base is not dark enough.

Caitlin W.
Fund-Raising, 501-1,000 Employees

"Redlands Loves Informz"

Comments: Customer service is great, our rep is our hero. I do wish the template had more wiggle room and that the price paid gave more options. Overall, it's great and works well for the type of emails we send.

Pros: Ease of use

Cons: Small email template

Megan R.
AD, Programs & Sponsorship
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2016

"Easy to use content platform with outstanding service"

Comments: We use Informz 2-3 times per month to deliver messages to our extensive content list. The platform is intuitive and provides professional messaging that supports our branding. Customer service is outstanding, we have a dedicated contact that is easily reachable and incredibly responsive. Highly recommend Informz as an association or corporate email messaging platform.

Pros: Easy to use
Professional template
Exceptional reporting functionality
Customer service

Cons: Our template has some weird HTML coding which we have to override the CSS in all hyperlinks or they are too light to see.

• Reviewed on 16/12/2016
Jaime M.
  • Reviewed on 09/12/2016

"Good, Better, Best"

Comments: I like to joke with my colleagues that "Informz makes me look good," but it's really true. Informz gives me the tools I need to do my job, and do it really well. Informz gives me concrete data that I can take back to my leadership so that we can make better-informed decisions and move our company forward. Informz makes building emails simple so that I can build more of them and in less time -- sometimes I don't even have to think about the emails I'm sending because Informz takes care of that for me. Informz is constantly bettering its product so that I can constantly better my products. I feel very strongly about Informz as a product, and it is one of my absolute favorite things to recommend to marketers. Having Informz means that my organization can communicate better, and that means we do better business.

• Reviewed on 09/12/2016
Business Operations Manager & Executive Assistant
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/11/2018

"Informz has made my daily work life easier!"

Pros: We recently switched to Informz and I really like the interface. It has been a lot of fun learning this product and I am excited to continue to learn more about it's functionality and how it will help us communicate better with our members.

Cons: I feel that I am a bit limited to layout and options when designing a piece, but that's likely just because I'm still such a new user.

Morgan V.
Tobacco Control Program Manager
Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 Employees

"Excellent!"

Comments: We love using informz at our center! Any time an issue has come up your staff has communicated quickly and efficiently to solve the issue!

Pros: Easy to create registration, surveys for evaluations and needs assessments!

Cons: Do not have any! Thank you for the constant support of your staff!

Andrena R.
Administrative Coordinator
501-1,000 Employees

"Timing Is Everything"

Comments: I use Informz mainly to send out monthly reports to specific commodity groups and it takes me less than 5 minutes to incorporate what I need and send because I can make edits to previous emails, which helps me manage time quickly.

Pros: I can save files to refer to them later when needed. Also, to send mass emails with big files is a plus. Something that would not be possible with other software.

Cons: Sometimes trying to navigate through the many facets of the program can be a challenge.

Michelle H.
Director of Shared Learning
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2016

"Great software and reporting functionality with somewhat of a learning curve for newbies."

Comments: I appreciate all the features and functionality of Informz. It was difficult for me to learn how to use it as I don't know HTML and I've never done newsletters. There are so many options it was overwhelming to me. Now that I have invested time and effort into it, it works well for us.

Pros: The reporting.

Cons: Image sizing, banners, spacing, padding, popouts, and more...it's confusing!

Julia H.
Financial Accountant and Database Associate
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2017

"Very Well Developed Program"

Comments: We have been using Informz for eight years. The program was well developed and designed. All the modules are easy to use and configure. Our account service representative was very helpful. With his help, we have successfully set up new mailings, review different reports and access IMIS queries & data directly from Informz platform.

Pros: user-friendly platform

Emma M.
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2017

"Easy to Use Platform with Great Data"

Comments: After being in Informz for about 2 years, we have enjoyed the immense amounts of reports and metrics that we can pull to track our marketing as well as the ability to really target with the integration with our AMS and A/B testing. The only rub is sometimes in the formatting looking one way in the editor and then sending differently, but support has been very helpful in those cases.

Amanda R.

"GREAT SOFTWARE!"

Comments: When we transitioned to Informz from another email marketing software, the transition was smooth, my Advisor was friendly and extremely helpful, and the training met my expectations. I am always appreciative at the timely response I receive when reaching out for assistance.

Julie G.
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2017

"Informz lets us do more than any other software"

Comments: After moving to Informz SFPE's read rate has increased, getting our messages out to our members. Customer support is what really makes Informz the best email platform out there - the support staff is the best and he is always willing to help.

Lori M.

"Great customer service!"

Comments: Quick response time, we've had a great experience with informz over the last 8 years. Happy to be a reference for your software if needed.

Susie W.
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2016

"Informz is great for associations"

Comments: Great integration with our iMIS database and very user friendly. The analytics are very insightful.